Maybe This Time | Chapter 10 UP

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
I apologize for the long wait! I've been so caught up with work. But I didn't forget about you guys; my wonderful readers ") Here you go:

Chapter 7​

A shocked Parker turned back to Tiffany to ask, “You’re married?”

Tiffany opened her mouth to speak, but Reed beat her first and answered, “Yes!”

Parker quickly dropped her hand and took a step back. She saw the hurt in his face. This was not going well at all. This poor innocent man didn’t deserve it, but she didn’t want to lead him on. So it was best to went along and agree that she’s married to Grayson. She’ll wait until Parker leaves to clear the air.

“Parker, I’m so sorr-“

“No,” he put a hand up. “I’m sorry. I should’ve known that a beautiful woman like you is married. It’s my mistake and I apologize again. I’ll leave you and your family alone.”

And then he was gone. What the hell? Why is it that today when she opened her mouth to say something she keeps getting cut off? She wanted to apologize to Parker. She still wanted to be on good terms with him. He had always been very kind to her and the kids.

“Some kind of proposal,” Grayson said interrupting her thoughts.

Tiffany gave him a, yeah-that’s-very-funny stare. She pointed her finger at Reed.

“I’m not married!”

Reed shrugged his shoulder and turn to wink at his dad. Great, now father and son are a team.

“Reed said you’re refusing to go with us to New York.”

“Can we talk in private?”

Grayson nodded his head.

“Reed join Riley in the kitchen. Your Dad and I are gonna have a loong talk,” she said through gritted teeth.

Reed waved at them and went into the kitchen.

“I’ve been meaning to ask,” Grayson started. “How did Riley became our daughter?”

Tiffany did a double take on him. Our daughter? What the hell? Riley was her daughter only.

“My daughter,” she protested. “Not yours!”

“As of yesterday, she became my daughter too. I’m adopting her!” he announced.

Oh. Wow. Can this man stop being so wonderful? Can he stop surprising her? She knows that her daughter Riley would be so happy and thrilled to have Grayson as her father.  He could get better at being a father, but he sucked big time at his job as a husband.  

“Fine.”

“So?”

Tiffany stomped over to the sofa as Grayson followed behind.

“Five years ago, I met her when I moved here. One night, I went out to grab some grocery and on my way out of the store she snatched my purse. At that time, I was six months pregnant with Reed I still took off after her. I couldn’t keep up with her in my condition. And I was a very angry pregnant woman so I did the only thing every other woman would have done; I took off my sneakers and aim it right at her head. It hit her. I caught her and I was gonna take her to the police and report it, but after I saw the frighten look and tears in her eyes; I knew I couldn’t do it. So instead, I took her to McDonalds and bought her a happy meal to calm her. She apologized and told me why she did it. My Riley was an orphan; a very mean couple adopted her and then abused her. She was only ten years old when she ran away.  She had to two choices at that time for survival, starve or steal. For a whole year, living in the streets and cardboard boxes, my Riley snatch people’s purse and wallets. After hearing her story, I took her to the police to report about the couple that had been abusing her. They were arrested and I took custody of Riley and then adopted her,” she finished with a proud smile.

Grayson leaned over and with his right hand he caressed her cheek.  He knew even without her telling that Riley reminded Tiffany of herself. Tiffany was an orphan too. She was adopted, abused and ran away before returning to the orphanage. He remembered her telling him a long time ago that she stopped hoping for anyone to adopt her because she was afraid it was going to be another bad family. So she stayed in the orphanage center until she was eighteen and graduated from high school. After getting in college, she came back to work and do volunteer work for the orphanage. There he met her. He looked into her brown eyes and saw the one thing he had seven years ago; the beautiful kind woman he wanted to be the mother of his child.

“You are a wonderful mother and I’m glad you are the mother to our children,” he said and leaned in to press a kiss on her forehead.

Tiffany froze. How did it come about to this? She wanted him to kiss her more. Yuck, she hated herself. She was disgusted by her desire. She had gone on without sex for far too long that her hormones are acting up. Yes, that’s it. She was just horny! Oh, hell, no! Grayson was turning her on.

Grayson’s head slowly slide down her face until his nose was touching hers. He saw the desire in her eyes. He wanted it as much she did. He was never able to resist her. But he did mess up five years ago. He was the world’s most fucking, stupidest, dickhead ass! How did he ever let her go?

“Gray gray,” she said with her mouth an inch from his.

Oh god, how good it felt to finally hear her call out his name. It was the nickname she only called him by when she was happy and loved.  And he heard it almost every day in those two years of their marriage. She rarely calls him Gray or Grayson. Only when she was being formal she’ll call him Gray or when she was annoyed with him he was Grayson and when she’s being cute and playful he was Mr. Smith. But worse of all, when she was super angry she’d call him by his full name, Grayson Reed Smith.

He took her mouth in his. He heard her intake of breath. She wasn’t resisting him. Good. Taking his chances, his hand slowly circle her waist as he lift her up and sat her down on his lap. Her hands wrapped around his neck and returned the kiss. Her mouth nipped on his lower lip. He brushed his nose on hers, moving it up and down like how he had done in the past. Every time he did it, she’d smile and kiss him harder. It worked because she deepened the kiss and he took her tongue and sucked it.

“Ahem…ahem…”

Tiffany froze. Grayson’s eye looked up to see Mason standing in front of the TV. He winked at Grayson, who in return gave him a stern look.

“Sorry to interrupt,” Mason fanned himself. “It’s getting awfully hot in here.”

An embarrassed Tiffany shoved at Grayson and tried to get up from his lap, but he was having none of it. He locked both his hands around her waist and held on even tighter. She was no match to him. He was bigger and stronger than her. She would never live down today. Why did she allow the kiss to happen? Why did she enjoy it so much? This can’t be happening. She had to distance herself from him. She had come a long way. She had worked so hard over the years to forget about him. She wasn’t going to take those five steps back and fall right back into his arms. It felt so right though, being in his arms and being held again. Haven’t you learned your lesson yet? Idiot.          

“Grayson let me up,” she demanded.

Ah. She was annoyed with him now. He sure was enjoying this. It had been too long without seeing her blushing and annoyed at the same time. In the past, she had always been very calm and polite. He hardly saw her angry, but often shy when he showed a display of affection. To be honest, he loved this other side of her. He never knew she had it in her. He was amused with her and kept wondering what more she had hidden that he never saw. Had it been a change in her since becoming a Mother? Possibly.  Regardless, he liked her new attitude, strong and independent. She didn’t take shit from anyone and she fought back. The only time he ever remembered her fighting back was during their disagreements. She didn’t raise her voice, but she’ll reason it out and ending it with, “Tonight you’ll sleep on the sofa.” With that phrase and her foot stomped down, he’d give in and crawl back to her.

“I like you here just fine,” he teased and moved one hand down to pat her butt.             

Tiffany yelped at his gesture.

“Grayson Reed Smith,” she warned.

Just like that, Grayson freed her. Tiffany stood up and stepped behind Mason to keep the distance between her Grayson.

“Coward,” Mason mumbled to Tiffany.

She gave him a kick on the leg.

“Bitch,” she shot back.  

Grayson looked up at the clock that read seven o’clock pm.

“I need to get back to the hotel,” he said and stood up, “I’ll be back tomorrow.”

“I thought you’re leaving for New York tomorrow?” Tiffany asked.

“I changed my flight.”

He called out to both Riley and Reed. Both emerged from the kitchen.

“Hey, I have to go back and finish some business back at the hotel. I’ll be back in the morning and we’ll talk about New York,” he said to Reed and then to Riley, “I’ll start the adoption paper as soon as possible. From this day forward, you are my daughter and I am your father, ok?”

Riley beamed a smile and went in to hug him. He gave her a fatherly hug and then pull back to see the tears of joy in her eyes. He wiped them.

“Daddy’s here. From now, no one picks on Gray Smith’s children. If anyone is mean to you, you come to Daddy, ok?” he said to both kids.

Both nodded and jumped at him for another hug. Tiffany watched and hid her smile. Mason nudged her and she elbowed him back.

“Ok, I have to get going. Walk me out Tiffany,” said Grayson taking one last look at his children before stepping outside.

Standing outside the door, Tiffany opened her mouth, closed them and then opened them, but nothing came out. She couldn’t get the words out.              

“Just spit it out,” he said watching her mouth.

She rolled her eyes at him.

“Thank you,” she spoke dryly.

Grayson raised an eyebrow.

“For accepting Riley,” she added.

He smiled at her and his dimples showed. He saw her eyes moved to his smile and then she quickly blinked away when he caught her.     

“Answer me this, why don’t you want to go back to New York with me?”

Her eyes looked at him, back on the ground and back at him.

“Because…I just don’t want to.”

“There’s more to it that you’re not saying. What’s so hard to speak your mind about it?” Grayson pestered.

Tiffany closed the gap between them.  

“You know why? Because I hate your luxuries life, your wealth and fame disgust me. They took you away from me,” she shouted and finished it off with, “There I said it.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“It wouldn’t have changed anything between us. You are a workaholic and you’re born to be this,” she said with a hand gesturing at him, “wealthy and famous. It’s not my kind of world. I’m just me, plain, simple me.”

“And that’s where you’re wrong,” he protested. “In my eyes you light up everywhere you go. I heard your sound of laughter before I even saw you.”

I heard your sound of laughter before I even saw you. She never knew. He never told her about it. But they have already reached at the end of the rope. She closed her eyes and took a step back.

“Sure I was born wealthy and famous, I’m lucky. But I don’t take anything for granted. I work for it, like seven years ago when I had to work hard and get you to be my baby girl. Sure we’re divorced, but you and I know our feelings for each other are still there. We can make it work again. We can adapt to this crazy world of mine, but this time we’ll do it together and I promise you I won’t let go of your hand again for the rest of my life,” he said holding her gaze.

“There’s more that you don’t know and it’s best to leave it unsaid. It’s too late for us, Gray.”

“Would you fucken drop it with the formality?” he said angrily.

“What the hell’s your problem?”

“You!” he shouted. “You call me Gray gray one moment, next Grayson, Grayson Reed Smith and now Gray!”

“So what? It’s still your freaken name!” she shouted back.

“You really have changed a lot in the past five years. What happened?”

“I went from being stupid to growing a back bone, you ass!”

“You’re not stupid. You’re anything but stupid, baby,” he said.

“Stop calling me that. I’m far from being your baby,” Tiffany snapped.

“You will always be my-“

Tiffany covered his mouth with her hand.

“You’re such an annoying ass! Can’t you just leave already? Don’t you have any hot date to attend too?”

He took both her hands and held them.

“I do actually,” he answered.

Tiffany made a face at him. He laughed.

“But I don’t know if she’s willing to take up my offer. Any advice?”

Tiffany looked into his eyes. Seven years ago, he said those exact words to her with that tone of voice and pair of blue eyes looking at her with sincere. How could she not love him? She loved every bit of him.

“Well Mr. Smith, there will have to be flowers with good chocolate. If you succeed at that she might just take up your offer. But don’t expect her to give you a kiss on the first-“

Grayson’s mouth was onto hers.

(Mr. Smith makes a perfect date...)

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Lynn

I just love your update. Its lively, witty and full of love. How very kind and generous of Gray to adopt Riley ! He definitely makes RR the happiest.

Tiffany got her past to thank for her strong independence and her heart of gold.

Gray and Tiffany already churn hotness in their relationship. Can't wait to read further their renewed love.

Thank you Lynn, I enjoy your story and flow. With appreciation, key

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 8
 ​

“Tiffany,” one of her coworkers informed her. “Someone’s on the phone for you.”

“Ok, thanks,” she said and picked up the phone on her desk. “Hello, Tiffany speaking.”

“Hi, Baby.”

“What the h-“ Tiffany stopped herself, looked up at her surrounding and covered the phone and said with a low voice, “How did you get this number?”

Grayson chuckled on the other line. “Baby, I’m Gray Smith, there’s nothing beyond my reach.”

“Jerk! Why are you calling me?”

“I missed you.”

Tiffany snorted.

“Sure. Why did you call me?”

“I want us to get back together.”

“In your dreams.”

“I dreamed about you last night,” he said. “We were in bed together completely naked. I was on top of you-“

Damn him! He was turning her on. She could picture them in bed together! They were always good in bed together.            

“You pervert, would you cut to the chase!” she said trying to lower her voice.

“Alright, I’m picking up the kids from school,” he said.

A moment of silence. This was the day she had waited for, for her children’s father to come and show the world, that they had a father too. She smiled.

“Thank you.”

“It’s the least I could do. I could never thank you enough for giving me these two wonderful children.”

Before she could think the words came out of her mouth, “Gray gray…”

Grayson heard her clearly and smiled widely.

“How I wish I was there to kiss you and touch you, sweetheart,” he responded warmly.

His charm never seized to amaze her.   

“I’m not your sweetheart or your baby! Stop calling me names! Tiffany would do just fine!” she demanded.

“Since when did you started hating me for calling you names with such endearment?” he asked out of
curiosity.

Silence.

“Baby? You still there?” he asked.

As if an old wound opening again, she answered, “Five years ago, when you told me to knock on your office door before interrupting.”

The smile on his face gone. It was the last conversation they had together as wife and husband. He would have never imagined how she felt, but one thing that never left his mind was the look on her face. He saw the tears in her eyes and he knew she was hurt. But he didn’t know that he had hurt so badly until now.

“I’m sorry,” he said.

Tiffany sniffed and wiped the tear from her eyes.  When she thought back to that moment, she felt the pain in her heart. She felt like an
intruder that didn’t even belong there. True, she was his wife at that time, but his action made her felt like she was one a servant rather than his wife. The last thing she would ever want from Grayson, was his apology.

“It’s okay…it was a very long time ago,” she spoke with a shaky voice.

He heard it in her voice and knew she was crying.

“Please don’t cry. It hurts me every time you do, Baby,” Grayson pleaded feeling hopeless.

She wanted to stop crying, but the tears kept coming.

“I…not…your…baby…” she hiccuped.  “You…always…make…me cr..y…you…a big…bulkhead…sexy….ugly…terrible…stink…ass…jerk….blue eyes….lively….bully…me…with words…”

Grayson listened carefully. He wasn’t sure if he heard her correctly, but she sounded angry, but yet complimenting him. He wasn’t sure if he should be happy or not, but he definitely wanted to laugh at her comments.

“Okay…Okay, I heard you, sweetheart. I’m sorry, please don’t cry. I’ll buy you dinner tonight okay? Great wine with your favorite pasta too.”

“I want…want a chicken…salad too,” she said blowing her nose.

He laughed.

“Alright, I’ll pick you up at six, baby.”

The bell rung ending the day, all the kindergarden rushed outside for their ride home. Reed among all the other kids stood and waited for their parents patiently. He thought to himself when he will get to see his dad again. His Dad promised that he’ll be back. But when?

“Reed!”

Reed looked up from the crowd and their stood his dad, tall, big and handsome waving at him.

“Daddy!” he shouted and ran to him.

Grayson went down on one knee and hugged his son.

“I missed you so much, Daddy!”

Grayson smiled and kissed him on the head.      

“I missed you too, son.”

“You have a Dad too?” one of the girls in the crowd asked.

“Reed has a Daddy too! In your face Joey!” shouted another girl who made a face at Joey who stood a good five feet away from them.

“That’s right, this is my Daddy!” Reed spoke and held onto one of Grayson’s hand.

Grayson tighten his hold and looked over at Joey. Joey’s eyes widen and looked away trying to avoid contact.

“Let’s go pick up your sister.”

After picking up Riley, Grayson took them to a nice restaurant for lunch. There, he asked them about school and how they were doing. His kids were wonderful and smart. He didn’t have to doubt them. He felt so grateful to Tiffany for raising them well.

“Is there anywhere I can have you two stay the night at? I want to take Mommy out on a date,” he asked.

Both Riley and Reed’s eyes lit up in excitement.

“Pops and Nana!” Riley answered.

“Who?” asked Grayson.

“Uncle Mason’s parents, they help babysit us when Mommy’s busy. Reed and I go over occasionally to sleepover at Pops and Nana’s house. Nana makes the best cookies!”

“Okay, sounds good to me.”

Reed couldn’t help, but added, “Pops is the principle at my school.”

“Really? How does that work for you?”

Reed shook his head.    

“Hard, Pops don’t let me call him Pops at school. I have to call him Mr. Brown. He always tells me to use my brain and not my fist.”

Grayson smiled already liking the old man.
“And he is right son.”

Thirty minutes later, they arrived at The Brown’s house.

“Pops, Nana, we’re here!” Reed shouted knocking on the door.

Darla Brown, an older woman with brown short length hair opened the door. She greeted them and let them inside.

“Pops will be out in a bit. I will go in the kitchen to get some refreshment,” she said and got up to leave.

Grayson got up and wondered around the house. It was a nice house, not too big not too small. His eyes scanned the photographs on the wall and stopped at a photo with a very pregnant Tiffany sitting on the grass, knitting and smiling as she looked up. It was a very beautiful sight. How he had wish he was there to enjoy every moment with her and their son. These special moments could not be revived and he missed them and it was no one’s fault but his.

Riley walked up and stood by Grayson.

“Mom and I stayed here for almost two years before moving out. Pops and Nana were very kind to us,” she spoke.

Grayson looked at his daughter. He would have never known how much Tiffany struggled over the years until now. He should’ve kept track on her. How did he forget that she was all alone in this world? She had no family. She only had him, yet he let her go. Why was he so stupid?

“Mom had a difficult pregnancy. She was always so tired, sad and crying. It was really hard to make Mom happy. After having Reed, things got a little bit better. But somehow, every time Mom looked at little Reed she would have tears in her eyes. I always wondered why. Until Mom we moved to our new house, that I finally knew why. During one night, I saw her crying. Little Reed was sick. He was having a hard time sleeping. Mom was up the whole night taking care of him.  She was so tired and exhausted that she started crying. And I heard her say, “You
look so much like your Daddy
. I wish he was here and everything would be fine.”

Grayson swallowed. His eyes shifted back to the photograph of Tiffany. He finally understood how much pain she had went through. Though for the past five years he was not present, his son’s resemblance reminded her so much of him. It hurt her to see him through their son. With his right hand, Grayson touched Tiffany's face on the photograph. How could he not understand much she loved him?

“Please don’t go anywhere without us. We need you Daddy,” Riley pleaded with a sad face.

He patted her on the head and replied, “Daddy’s not going anywhere this time.”

“Pops that’s my Daddy right there,” Reed interrupted with one hand on Pop’s arms and dragging him across the room.

Grayson walked over and shook hands with the older man.

“About time you show up,” Denzel declared.

“Sorry it took so long and I want to thank you for taking good care of my wife and kids over the years,” Grayson spoke with gratitude.

“Kids, why don’t you join Nana in the kitchen? I want to have a few words with your father,” said Denzel.

The kids nodded and got up to leave.

“So Tiffany’s your wife?” Denzel questioned with one eyebrow raised.

“I will marry her again,” Grayson announced.

“How’s that coming along?”

“Unfortunately, Tiffany’s being difficult, but it will work out between us again. I’m not letting her go again.”

“What happens when you become so involve with your work again? Are you gonna ignore her and the kids?” Denzel asked with narrowed eyes.

Was this a trick question? Grayson eyed the old man before answering.

“My family comes before anything.”

Denzel smiled. Grayson let out a breath.

Tiffany had herself all prepared and waited for Grayson and the kids. They would show up anytime now. She was happy that Grayson had time for the kids. She could get use to this. Wait. What? No, no, no, she was getting way over her head again! She needed to stop thinking about them, just than the doorbell rang. She got up and opened the door.

There stood Grayson all dressed in a black suit. The collar of his shirt unbuttons around the neck, skipping out on the tie. In his hand, he held a bouquet of sunflower with a little box of white chocolate tuck under. His blue eyes looking her body all over. Tiffany wore a simple black dress paired with pumps. Okay, the dress was a little tight reaching above her knees. Her long blonde hair was in its usual beachy waves. Her makeup was simple, a few touches of mascara, lip gloss and blush. She overdone a little by spraying perfume. She wanted to smell nice.

“For you,” Grayson said and handed her the flowers.

He remembered. Sunflowers were her favorite.  She smiled at him.

“You look very beautiful tonight, baby.”

The look he was giving her right now was making her knees weak.

“You don’t look bad yourself,” she replied. “Wait, where are the kids?”

“I dropped them off at Pops and Nana,” he answered.

“Oh, okay,” she said before doing a double take at him. “Wait, what? You dropped them off at Pops and Nana?! Since when have you been acquainted with them?”

“Since today,” he said and lean in to smell her. “Hmm…you smell nice.”

Tiffany pushed him away.

“What are you a stalker now? Before I know you’re everywhere in my life!”

“I am and I will be. Let’s go to dinner, baby,” he said smiling at her.

Grayson pulled her forward, locked her doors and took her by the arms and headed to his car. He opened the door for her. She stood there with the sunflowers and box of chocolate still in hand and stared at him. This was part of Grayson that Tiffany liked. Every time they went out to any kind of occasion, he would always be a gentleman. He would open the door for her. It was hard to forget this part about him. He stared back at her with a raised eyebrow. Tiffany snapped out.

“Nothing,” she said and got inside as he closed the door.

(Up next, Mr. Smith shares a steamy night with the former Mrs. Smith...)

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Lynn

Thank you for the wonderful update. I love their hot exchange of convo. Gray is very hot. Its good that he is finally staying and already taking charge. Through her hard years, Tiffany did an awesome job, people are kind and love her. She is definitely a strong woman to handle and succeed in taking care of her family, career. Can't wait to read their hotness next, Gray scored in the pre-dinner gestures. Thanks so much Lynn.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thanks again Lynn for another beautiful update.   I always love the family theme story and I'm loving this.....What a good looking and dynamic family they have!

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
A bonus, for I will be busy for the next two weeks w/funeral & work. I hope everyone enjoys it. And keep in mind, I tone down the "bed" scenes for this chapter :bhehe:

Chapter 9​
 ​

After dinner instead of dropping Tiffany home, Grayson brought her to the hotel he was staying at. Tiffany looked over at Grayson with a raised eyebrow. He looked at her and chuckled.

“Would you mind explaining what we are doing here at Hilton Inn?”

“It’s where I’m staying at,” he answered.

“That doesn’t answer my question!”

“I want to go through Riley’s adoption papers with you. Does that answer your question?”

“Fine,” she said and crossed her hands over her shoulder as he got out and opened the door for her.

As she walked out, he threw the keys to the valet and drew her close to him with a hand wrapping around her slim waist. Tiffany nudged him with her elbow.

“Hands to yourself,” she muttered.

“Fine,” he answered and drew both hands around her now.

“Gray-“

He silenced her with his mouth. Instead of pushing Grayson away, Tiffany’s hand crept up around his neck and pressed her body onto his. He took that as an invitation and moved his hands lower to her butt and gave it a gentle squeeze. Tiffany yelped and realized what happened and pushed him away. He smirked at her with satisfaction.

“How I want to slap that smile off your face! Argh…I hate you!” she shouted and stormed inside.

Once they got inside, she stopped midway at the counter and waited for him. He nodded his head at the two beautiful brunettes working behind the counter.

“Mr. Smith,” they both greeted with a wide smile showing off their white teeth.

Tiffany stared at the three in annoyance.

Grayson pulled her to him and walked over to the elevator. Once they got inside, she shook his hand away and kept a distance between them. But Grayson was having none of it. He stood behind, towering over her. She made a face and crossed her hands over her shoulder showing how annoyed she was.

“You wanna tell me what’s bothering you, baby?” he said sweetly.

She didn’t bother to answer him, but stepped around him to the corner. He followed her. He blocked her with both of his arms. He leaned in with his nose just a good inch from touching hers. Tiffany swallowed as his blue eyes looked at her seductively.

“What’s bothering you, baby?”

Her eyes darted to his mouth and back to his eyes. Oh god, it was getting hot in here she thought. He smelled so nice too. She had to resist him. Yes, she had to resist him and the night will be over. Both her hands were up to his chest getting ready to shove him away, but he leaned in and captured her mouth. They were interrupted by the sound of the elevator. Grayson pulled up and Tiffany’s hand clutching tight onto the collar of his shirt. He brushed her mouth with his thumb.

“Let’s get out of here,” he said and took her hand that was shaking so badly.

Grayson unlocked the door to his room and walked in first. Tiffany trailed behind.

“Make yourself comfortable,” he said and disappeared to the bedroom.

Tiffany walked over to the window that showed a good view of the city lights. Grayson walked over to the counter to grab out a bottle of wine and two glasses. He saw the sight of Tiffany standing by the window, her blonde hair glowing and she never looked more beautiful. He wanted to capture the moment. He set down everything on the table and strolled over to her.

“Great view,” she said feeling his presence behind her.

He went to stand beside her.

“Beautiful than ever,” he answered, but his eyes were not looking out the window. His eyes were staring directly at her.

Tiffany felt his eyes on her. Damn, why is he making her heart beating so fast all over again? It felt like their first date seven years ago. No, don’t think she reminded herself, adoption paper, go over the papers with him and get the hell out of here before anything happened and she will regret it!

“Where are the papers?” she asked stepping away from the window and went to sit at the small couch.

He sat next to her and handed her a file. She opened the file and the first stack were adoption agreements for Riley. She read it quickly, did some scribbling and then signed her name. The next stack was his right as Reed’s father. She didn’t finish reading them, but ripped the papers in half.

Grayson looked at her in shock.

“Why the hell did you do that?”

“There are two things I need to clear it for you.  One, Riley doesn’t need to change her last name because she has your name the moment I
adopted her and second of all, your name is stated on Reed’s birth certificate as his father,” she answered.

A stunned Grayson looked at her. So it meant that both children had always been his. He was boiling inside with so much happiness.

“But I thought that you and the kids were using your last name this whole time?”

“Only professionally to protect our privacy. At that time, I thought if we used yours people would link us somehow. And there’s something else I need to tell you too,” she said.

“Yes?”

“I hope you don’t mind that I named our son after you.”

“After me?”

Tiffany nodded her head.

“I named him Grayson Reed Smith Jr…”

Grayson beamed a smiled at her.

“Thank you, I don’t mind at all.”

Tiffany stood up.

“I guess we’re done here so I should get going.”

Grayson stood up.

“Answer me this,” he paused, “besides the kids being a Smith in privately. How about you? Which is your last name?”

He closed the gap between them.

“Which is it? Tiffany Winters or Tiffany Smith?”

Tiffany was nervous as heck. She was so shaken to even open her mouth to answer him. He was intimidating her so much with his seductive glares.

Grayson tilted his head lower, his lips an inch from hers.

“Answer me, Tiffany.”

Tiffany breathed in his breath. It felt so nice to have him again. For this moment, she was allowing herself to be greedy.

His nose brushed up against hers.

“Smith,” she answered.

He smiled and brushed his lips on hers saying, “Always.”

Grayson lifted Tiffany up and took her to his bedroom. He laid her gently on the bed. He loomed over her and pulled his head back to say, “Baby, I want you so much. Do you feel this?” He grabbed her hand and held it against his erection. “I don’t want to force you into this. If you tell me no, I will respect your decision. Do you want this or not?”

Tiffany’s hand rubbed onto his erection, stroking it up and down. With her other free hand, she pulled his head down for a kiss. She sucked on his tongue and pulled an inch away from his face to answer, “Yes.”

Grayson took off his clothes and went in after her. He wasn’t so gentle no more, he ripped her dress apart. There she lay in black lacy lingerie. He smiled at her and her eyes darted to his penis growing bigger. She swallowed.

“Don’t be afraid of me, baby! I’m still the same man from seven years ago,” he said, slowly pulling down her panties.

Next came her bra, his mouth was fast to catch onto one nipple and suck at it. She closed her eyes and moaned. His mouth moved down lowered until he reached her feminine spot. He kissed her down there and with his tongue he licked her there repeatedly until she could not take it anymore.

“Gray gray…, I need you inside me now,” she moaned.

Just like that, he got up, fitted himself inside her and slowly pushed in. He fastened his pace and reaching his climax, he gave one hard thrust inside of her. He stayed inside of her for a few moments before getting up. He lay beside her and took her in his arms.

Tiffany watched as his eyes drifted off to sleep. She smiled and stroked his face. She reached up and kissed him on the lips and laid her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.

“Good night…honey,” she whispered.

Grayson’s arms tighten around her.

Next morning, Tiffany stirred. Remembering where she was, she looked over to the other side of the bed; empty. Like always, empty. She shook her head and told herself not to be sadden and will deal with this whole mess later. She went to grab her dress, but remembered that Grayson tore it apart. She picked up his shirt and put it on. She went inside the restroom and sat at the toilet to pee, but noticed something sticky on her feminine spot.

“Oh, no,” she said in shock. “Oh, no…this can’t be happening!”

Tiffany whipped open the door. Forget about peeing she was going to murder Grayson.

“Grayson, where the hell are you?” she shouted. “Grayson!”

Grayson stood by the window with phone on one ear. He wasn’t fully dressed, with only a pair of sweat pants on. He turned to look at her and with one hand up indicating to wait a second.

Tiffany saw red the moment his hands went up. If he thought she was waiting again, than he was dead wrong. She grabbed the first thing that came handy, a tissue box and threw it right at him. Grayson dodged and spoke quickly on the phone, “Call you back later, Calvin.” He hung up and something came flying past his shoulder. Tiffany grabbed a water bottle and flung it at him. He dodged again before tackling her on the couch. She kicked at him and tried to punch at him, but he caught both her hands and held them above her head.

“Would you calm down and tell me what the hell’s wrong with you?” he shouted.

Tiffany flung her head and hit him on the forehead. He winced and she took the chance to shove him off. Tiffany picked up the flower vase getting ready to launch it at him.

“ENOUGH!” he shouted loud enough to be heard from outside.

Tiffany stare at him for a good minute before setting the vase back down.

“What the hell’s your problem?”

Tiffany poked him on the shoulder, “You! You jerk are my PROBLEM! Why the hell didn’t you use a condom last night?”

Grayson stopped to think for a moment and responded, “Aren’t you on birth control pills?”

Silence. Tiffany’s eyes were now on the floor.

“Come on, it’s not like these past five years that we have separated and you haven’t been with other men,” he stated.

“That’s because I haven’t been with another man beside you jerk!” she blurted out.

“What?”

Her hand started poking him again.

“If I get pregnant, no way in hell am I going to go through this alone again! You are taking full responsibility of me and our baby. Do you hear me you ungrateful asshole?” she shouted before finishing it off with, “The next time you tell me to knock on your door or tell me to wait awhile you’re on the phone, you can go and fuck yourself, bastard!”

Grayson was bedazzled by her. She had not been with any other man beside him. He smiled. Oh, he prayed that she was pregnant so he can tie her down. He finally noticed her in his shirt, showing off her long legs and staring him down. Damn, he had it hard, she was turning him on!

“Did you hear what I just said?”

“Loud and clear Mrs. Smith,” he answered softly with a smile.

Tiffany rolled her eyes at him and turned to go back to the restroom. Grayson took her by the arms and turned her to face him.

“Tell me truthfully why you haven’t been with other man?” he asked.

She swallowed before looking back at him. Of all the things, she didn’t expect him to question her about this. Was it so wrong for her to still have lingering feelings for him? She pulled her arms away.

“I just didn’t have time,” she lied and looked away.

“Every time you lie, your eyes always look away. I know you lied. Just tell me the truth,” he protested.

Tiffany closed her eyes, took a deep breath and looked up to his eyes holding back hot tears and said without blinking away, “Because a part of me had always hoped that you’ll come back… someday.”

The tears broke free and filled her eyes. Grayson reached up to cup her face and kissed her tears away with his mouth.

“I’m here and I’m not going anywhere else, sweetheart.”

(Will Mr. Smith be able to win over Mrs. Smith's heart, until the next chapter...)

khmaichick559

sarNie Hatchling
Oh lucky me...thx lynn for the update...days when i check frequently there us no updates but two days without checking u upload two more chaps...maybe i just check it once a week lol...again thank u love Mr.Gray...

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Lynn
Thank you for the treat, I enjoy your update very much. They're both so hot, its apparent they're still in love. Gray is staying this time, Tiffany wants him too, been waiting for him all these years. They're home finally, its good. With appreciation Lynn.

MrsChum

sarNie Adult
Thank you Lynn for the last two chapter. Love love it very much. Some how reading the last two chapter remind me of reading Fifty Shade. Oh how I miss Christian and Ana :)

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
I apologize for the long delay. Thank you for keeping up. Here it is:

​
Chapter 10​
 ​
 ​
 ​
After a long shower, Tiffany threw a robe on and went out to see a new set of clothes and undergarments lying on the bed. She picked up the clothes and went back to the bathroom to put them on. She quickly blow dry her hair and let them hang loose. She went to look for Grayson. He sat at the counter table and was on the phone, but quickly hung up the moment he saw her.

“The dress fits you perfectly,” he complimented.

Tiffany was always glowing, even now dressed in a white dress reaching past her knees. Not to even mention, her beachy blonde waves that complimented her exquisite face and lovely smile.

“Thank you for the dress,” she said politely and took a seat across from him.

“I ordered you pancakes, eggs, orange juice, milk and oatmeal with extra blueberries.”

She looked at the table and back at him before bursting into laughter. He was stunned, but the beautiful sight of her laughing melted his heart. He stared at her. It was too long since he heard this sound, the beautiful sound that captured his heart all these years that never left anywhere. Quickly, he held up his cellphone and video camera her.

Reaching at the end of her laughter, Tiffany wiped the tears from her eyes. She looked over at him with cellphone in hand facing her.

“Are you recording me?” she asked.

Grayson ended the video and set his phone away.

“Why did you laugh at me?” he asked.

Her finger pointed at all the food lying on the table.

“You’d think I’ll finish all this?” she said smiling with both her dimples showing.

“I guess.”

“I’ll try.”

She went right for the oatmeal and closed her eyes as she savored the taste. She was defiantly in heaven. Her eyes opened to see him staring at her weirdly. She ignored him and grabbed the glass of milk to drink. Grayson was still staring at her.

“You’re creeping me out, Gray gray,” she said, setting the glass down.

Grayson reached over and kissed her. He wiped her lips with his thumb before pulling away.

“You got milk on your lips,” he clarified and down the orange juice.

“Oh,” she said and wiped her mouth with a napkin.

Hell, he was getting hard just at the sight of her. How was he to ever stay away from her? She was so beautiful and full of life.

Grayson and Tiffany went to pick up the kids from Denzel’s house and headed straight back home. The kids bid their father goodbye and got out. Tiffany waited until the kids went inside the house and turned to Grayson.

“Gray, about last night,” Tiffany started not sure how to put the words out. “We-“

Grayson cut her off by leaning over to kiss her. She closed her eyes and let the kiss filled in. Everything was happening so fast that she wasn’t sure how to handle them anymore. Grayson coming back into her life after five years, spending the night having sex with him without protection too! Worse she could probably be pregnant too!

“Don’t say anything,” he mouthed between her lips and pulled away cupping her face between his hands and said, “All my life, I have never regret any decisions I have made, all the choices I have made are always right, even down to my business. I am always right and everything always has to come out perfect. But five years ago, I made the biggest mistake of my life, something I regret so much and I don’t think I will ever be able to forgive myself. I shouldn’t have let you walk out of my life. It was the biggest mistake and decision I have ever made."

Tears filled Tiffany’s eyes. Her low whimper turned into loud sobs.

“I want you and the kids to go back with me to New York. I can’t promise you that things will get better, but I give you my word that I will make things better and I will spend the rest of my life making it up for you. So please baby, please think about it.”

Grayson smiled as she laid her face against his chest and wet his shirt. He let her stay there for another good five minutes before lifting her face up to wipe the remaining tears.

“I…” Tiffany started trying to compose herself. “I will think about it.”

“Thank you,” he replied and kissed her on the forehead.

Later that night, Tiffany in bed stared up at the ceiling and thought back to Grayson’s words from earlier. To be honest, she was really moved and touched by his sincerity. What she liked about him was his honesty and that he never failed to amaze her at things. She was afraid for herself and her kids. They were so use to the quiet life that being in a big city such as New York would complicate things. Grayson was not also a business man, but a public figure to the media and she didn’t want her kids to be a part of that life. She wanted to protect her kids from the public. She didn’t want them to be judged by the media not that it bothered her, but her kids were still young and they would be hurt by the criticism. The sound of her cellphone vibrating caught her off guard. Grayson’s number came up.

“Hello,” she said.

“Hey, I didn’t wake you up did I?” he asked.

Tiffany clutched tighter onto her blanket nervously.

“No, you didn’t wake me up.”

“That’s good I’d hate to upset you again,” he chuckled and Tiffany closed her eyes and listened to the sound of his voice. His voice so manly and soothing, she could listen to him speak all day and never get bored.

“Baby, you still there?”

Her eyes fluttered open.

“Yes, still here. Why are you calling me at this time? Did you need to take the kids out somewhere? Are you going back home?”

He chuckled again.

“Baby, baby, calm down. I’m not going anywhere, not anywhere without you. I just wanted to hear your voice. I miss you.”

Tiffany smiled and snapped out.

“At this hour? You’re missing me at this hour?”

“There hasn’t been a day that goes by that I don’t miss you. I miss you all the time. Like five years ago, even when I have to stay late at work or travel for work, I think of you all the time.”

“Why?”

“Why what, Baby?”

“Why did you always have your secretary tell me where you’re going? Why didn’t you just tell me? Why did you stop coming home?  Why did you never pickup my phone calls or call me back? Why did you-why did you stop calling me every night? I waited for you…”

He never knew. He didn’t know how much his action had hurt her. He had always thought that little details like that would never bother her. He wasn’t sure if she even cared about it because she had never said a word about it. But now he knew. He should have known better, that Tiffany was an affectionate and loving person.

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t you think it’s a little too late to be apologizing, Mr. Smith?” Tiffany mocked.

“I’m sorry.”

“It doesn’t change anything.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I might as well take up on Parker’s proposal and married him,” she said catching him off guard.

“I’m s-The FUCK you will! Over my dead body! If I see that ass come near you again, I will-“

“You will be nice and polite to him, Gray,” she cut him off.

“I will, but first, I want you to come to the front door and look out the window.”

Tiffany got up, went downstairs and peeked at the curtains. There stood Grayson in the front door winking at her. She opened the door for him and hung up on the phone.

“Are you crazy?” she said keeping her voice low. “What are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

Grayson locked the doors behind him and looked her up and down. Tiffany wore an oversize shirt that reached up to her knees. Her eyes narrowed at him.

“Pervert.”

He grinned at her and took her by surprise by lifting her up and taking her up stairs. She yelped and quickly recovered not wanting to wake the kids up. They got in her room and with his leg, he pushed the door shut. He set her down on the bed and lay on top.

“Grayson, don’t even think about it,” Tiffany warned, but too late. Grayson ceased her with his kisses. His shoes and shirt came off. The button of his jeans came undone and they were gone within a minute. He took a grip of her shirt and yanked it off her head. She wore nothing under. His breath came up short.

“Damn, I need to keep you guarded at night time,” he said stroking her nipples with his hands.

Tiffany’s leg came sliding up and down his. He took that as a good sign that she wasn’t refusing him. He positioned himself inside her and slowly eased in. His pace quickened until they both reached climax. He moved over to her other bed side and pulled her up to face him. Tiffany’s hand reached up to stroke his eye brows, nose, lips and stopped at his face. Her eyes stared at him with so much love.

“It never occurred to me that you would need to know about my whereabouts. I thought that you just needed to enjoy the luxurious life I give you. I wanted the best for you. True, I got carried away with work that I forgot about calling you, but I thought that even if I don’t say a word you would understand. But I was wrong and I’m sorry for failing at being a good husband for you. I’m sorry that I hurt you so much. But please in the future, never doubt about my feelings for you. You always, always remain inside of me, sweetheart,” he explained.

“I’m sorry too,” Tiffany replied.

Grayson leaned down to kiss her and rolled on top starting on round two. It was gonna be a long night.

Tiffany stirred and opened her eyes to meet the sexiest blue eyes staring right back at her. His hands reached over to her buttocks gently gripping them and pulled her closer to him. Her hands stroking his chest slowly eased up to his handsome face.

“Hi,” she said smiling at him with her cute dimples.

“Hi,” he replied and kissed her on the lips.

The door to the room flew open and Reed came flying to Grayson tearing them apart.

“Daddy! Daddy!” he said hugging Grayson.

“Alright, let me up and I will make you breakfast,” said Grayson.

Reed got up and stared at his parents.

“Five minutes and no more kissing!” he ordered and shut the door before heading out.

Grayson grinned and said, “Wonder who he took after?”

Tiffany raised her eyebrows at him.

“I wonder too, Mr. Smith.”

“Why Mrs. Smith you kept me awake almost the whole night? How about another round?” he asked rolling on top of her and brushing his erection against her.

“Your five minute is up! Don’t keep Reed waiting,” she scolded pushing him away.

He gave her a hard kiss on the mouth before getting up and giving her a good view of his butt. Tiffany’s eyes laid on his tight butt as she swallowed. He turned around and winked at her before going inside the restroom.

After making his family breakfast, Grayson was on his way back to the hotel. Tiffany was finished dressing for work when her cell phone rang. She smiled as Grayson’s number came in.

“Well hello, if it isn’t you Mr. Smith,” she said teasingly.

“Somebody’s in such a good mood. Care to share why, Mrs. Smith?” he asked.

“I’m always in a good mood until you killed it.”

“Well I’m sure you won’t miss me much than,” he said. “Could you tell the kids goodbye and that I’ll be back?”

“Where are you? Where are you going?”

“I’m at the airport now. I have to go back to New York and finish up a few loose ends.”

The color on Tiffany’s face drained. This couldn’t be happening. He’s leaving. What if he never came back? How could she go on again without seeing him?

“O…kay…I see,” she stuttered with her hands shaking as she clutched her hands onto her heart.

“I need to go now, my flights calling,” he said.

No, she wasn’t going to let him go just like that. She never forgot about him nor did she stop loving him. She needed to let him know how she felt and how she much he meant to her. It was now or never.

“Gray gray!”

“I love you, I will be back. Wait for me, baby,” were Grayson’s last words before he hung up and she getting the words, “I love you too,” out that he never got to hear.

(Until Mr. Smith returns...)

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Lynn
Thanks for the update. Gray is such a romantic man. He loves Tiffany so much, the kids too. He is doing all he can to make their current situation better and bring happiness to all especially for Tiffany. She just have to trust him. Look forward to your next part, I enjoy this a lot. Thank you, Lynn.