Maybe This Time | Chapter 10 UP

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
 ​
Summary:
 ​
She couldn't resist him. He couldn't get her out of his head. They fell in love. He married her. They divorced after 2 years into the marriage.
A second chance at love again... They meet again 5 years later. Tiffany Winters was back into Grayson Smith's life.  He was reminded of how much he loved her and what he missed out. He wanted to give it another shot. She was not giving in easily this time. How will he get her back? Because it felt right to know that somethings never change. Maybe this time, love won't end...
 ​
Charcters:

Tiffany Winters/Smith: (30yrs old) counselor at Juvenile Detention Center, Gray's ex-wife, mother to Reed & Riley.

Gray/Grayson Reed Smith: (36yrs old) CEO of Smith Enterprises, Tiffany's ex-husband, father to Reed & Riley.

Reed/Grayson Reed Winters-Smith Jr: (5yrs old) Gray & Tiffany's son, younger brother to Riley.

Riley Winters-Smith: (16yrs old) adoptive daughter to Tiffany and later to Gray, older sister to Reed.

lynnyang

sarNie Adult

​
 ​
 ​
Prologue​

​
2008, New York City

​
Smith Residence

She woke up to a start, reached her right hand over to an empty space beside her again. She sat up and looked at the empty space as if there was never a sign that he even slept there. How long has it been, all those lonely days and nights waiting for him to come home? He was always too busy. She shut her eyes as a single tear slip down to her cheek. From the first time she laid eyes on him, until today, she still loved him. They have been married for 2 ½ years. She wasn’t giving up yet. It will work, they will work and she will try harder to be patient with him. At the thought of starting a new day, she wiped her tears and got up.

After getting herself all ready, she went into his office. There was him everywhere. Even though he was not present, his smell lingered. She sat down on the chair and picked up the picture frame on his desk. It was a photograph of her, the one he shot and said to her many times that he loved it because she had a beautiful smile and that every time he looked at the photo it reminded him how happy he is.

“I’m not giving up on us, Honey,” she said and set the photo down and picked up the phone on the desk and dial his number. The call went directly to his voice-mail. She tried his secretary, instantly his secretary picked up on the second ring.

“Mr. Smith is in a meeting. I can relay your messages to him after the meeting,” said the secretary.

“It’s okay, it’s not an emergency. Thank you,” she hung up after saying her goodbye.

She’ll talk to him after he gets home. He will surely be home. He had been home for only twice this week. He was always so busy on business. But he’ll be here soon because this was their home and she was his wife. He’ll come home to her. She believed that.

It was already midnight and still no sign from him. He was busy she knew, once he’s not he’ll call back and tell her about his day and ending with, “I love you, baby. I’ll be home and wait for me.”  She smiled at the thought. How long was it ago?  And then it hit her hard as reality sunk in. She burst into tears. When was the last time he called her saying those exact words? After the first year into their marriage, no more was the sweet calls, surprising flowers or taking her out to dinner. He was always too busy working or going to business trip. His secretary started relaying his messages to her and she was starting to feel like an outsider than his wife. She wiped her tears and told herself, he will call. She just had to be patient.

The next morning she woke up to another empty beside again. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, shook her head and got up. She went down to the kitchen and the housekeeper informed her, “Mr. Smith is home and in his office.”

She smiled, thanked the housekeeper and ran up the stairs to his office. She burst into his room without knocking. He was at the desk on the phone talking business. He looked up for a second with a frown, not happy at the sight of her. Her smile faded, but with his presence it warmed her heart to know that he was home. He finished up his call and went back to the pile of paper on his desk. He didn’t acknowledge her. It hurt her.

“Really busy?” she asked.

“As you can see,” he replied still not looking up.

A moment of silence went by.

“I called you yesterday.”

He flipped the page of his paper.

“So I saw.”

Another flipped on his paper.

“I’ll come back later when you’re not busy.” She turned and went to the door, blinking back hot tears. She felt as if she was an intruder and invading his space. Her hand on the door knob about to open, “Baby,” she stopped and turn to look back at him.

“Yes?”

“Knock on the door the next time you come in. I don’t like being interrupted,” he said scribbling on the paper and not once did he even look up.

“I’m sorry,” she apologized.

He stopped writing and look up instantly.

“It won’t happen again.”

He saw the tears spilled her eyes. He was about to get up, but she opened the door, walked out and shut it quietly.

He was gone again. Instead of calling her to let her know where he was, he had his secretary come over to pack a suitcase and had to hear it from the secretary where he was going and how long. She had never felt so useless before. It hurt her that he was no longer acknowledging her or the fact that he was hardly home and not having enough time for her. She will give it time until he came back to tell him the good news.

She fell down the stairs and was taken to the hospital. The housekeeper phoned him to come back, but he was too busy and told his secretary to pass the message saying to watch over her and he’ll be there to pick her up when she gets discharge. She did not let the doctor tell the housekeeper the bad news. The doctor was unable to help as she bled too much. She cried herself to sleep when the housekeeper passed on his message to her. She had never needed him as much as this time. She wanted him here more than anything else. She couldn’t believe it that he wasn’t here to even know and that he chose his work over them. She couldn’t go on with this marriage anymore. She would be lying to herself. She did not want to be crying herself to sleep every night, staying up all night waiting for him, expecting him to call her back, but worst of all she did not want to keep playing the lovely housewife. She hated staying home. She wanted to go out there to make a career instead of playing the perfect, nice doll up wife of Grayson Smith. She was done. Tiffany Smith is done.

He was not there to pick her up at the hospital. She didn’t expect him too. She went home took off her fancy clothes and slipped on her old clothes and packed up all the stuff that were hers not the ones he got her. She went into his office for the last time because it was the only place that she felt had his presence. She set down the manila envelope containing the divorce papers right on his desk. She picked up the picture frame for the last time crying as she looked at her old happy self. She was never going to be like this again. She put it face down on top of the manila envelope. She slipped off her wedding ring and set it right next to the photo.

She walked out of Smith Residence and stopped right out of the gate and took one last glance before opening the door to the cab. He brought her there right after they got married and she was so full of life. She was so happy and loved, never expecting the day when it came to leaving in tears and full of pain and heartaches. She got in the cab and looked away. This life was over. It’s about time she starts over again.

lynnyang

sarNie Adult

​
Chapter 1​
 ​
2014, Present
 ​
San Francisco, California

“Boo hoo…somebody don’t got a daddy. You know why because he’s a Bah…bastard! Bastard got no daddy! Na na na na na…ba…st…..ard….”

Little five years old, Reed Winters clenched both his fist. He promised his mom that he wasn’t going to get in anymore fights with Joey. He was going to keep his words. He will just ignore him. Joey is a bad kid who likes to bully others. He was not going to let Joey get inside of him.  He was a big boy and he was going to walk away.

“Tiffany, the principle from Reed’s school is on the phone for you,” said her coworker.

“Not again! Reed gave me his words,” Tiffany said annoyed and rushed over to pick up the phone. “Good Afternoon, Mr. Brown.”

“Ms. Winter, I’d like to tell you that I myself am not happy to keep calling you like this three times this week. Your son, Reed got in another fight with Joey. This time he got Joey hard! He gave Joey a black eye. Joey’s mom is here and she’s not happy. I’d like you to come in this instant! I’m gonna pop two Tylenols, make it three this time,” Mr. Brown said with frustration.

“I understand and I’m so sorry. I’ll be there as soon as possible.”

She quickly hung up dodged over to her desk to get her purse.

“What happened this time?” Her coworker asked.

“The same thing, but this time Reed gave Joey a black eye. Not that he really deserved it, but he was never nice to Reed. He must have got under Reed’s skin this time. Reed never loses his temper unless someone really pushes his button,” answered Tiffany.

“Maybe it’s time you prove to Joey that he’s wrong and that Reed has a father out there somewhere.”

Tiffany only nodded her head. “I better get going.”

“Mr. Brown, Joey’s Mom,” Tiffany acknowledge, taking a seat and looking over to scowl at Reed who had his head down.

“Okay, parents I will like to end this good and fair. From here on out, I would like-“

Joey’s Mom interrupted, “This isn’t going to end fair. He gave my Joey a black eye. I want an apology and that he,” she pointed right at Reed,” to not even be three make that one foot near my son."

“Now, Joey’s Mom-“

Tiffany stood up with both arms crossed, “If my son apologizes. Can you guarantee and give me your word that your son will not BULLY my son ever again?”

Joey’s Mom stood up standing about only 5 inches shorter than Tiffany’s five foot nine frame.

“My son did nothing wrong! Your son started a fight!” Joey’s Mom jabbed her finger at Tiffany’s shoulder.

Tiffany brushed her off. “Well, let me tell you madam, everybody in this school knows what a bully Joey is. Nobody dares to standup because they’re afraid your son will not stop getting at them. My son was brave enough to stand up for his self and the other kids out there! So think again, before you start accusing my son for starting a fight he never began with!”

“You Bitc-“

“Watch your language Joey’s Mom,” Mr. Brown all but snapped up. “I will not tolerate any bad words anywhere near this school.”

Tiffany eyed Mr. Brown and shot a look at Joey’s Mom. “I’m not surprised why Joey has a bad mouth.”

Joey’s Mom was about to take a swing at Tiffany, but Mr. Brown got to her first.

“That’s it Joey’s Mom. I will not tolerate violence in this school. If you cannot control yourself and your son’s temper than I’m gonna have to ask you to find Joey a new school!” Mr. Brown said putting himself between both women.

“I’m sorry, Joey’s Mom,” Reed finally spoke up. “I’m sorry, Mr. Brown,” and finally looked over to Tiffany, “I’m really sorry I let you down Mommy.”     

Tiffany saw the tears he was trying hard to hold onto. Her poor baby, he had been bully so many times and each time he apologizes for something he never started. Her heart tore as he wiped the tears away. He was so strong just like his father.

Joey’s Mom all but brushed her thick ugly black curls away from her face. She composed herself and raised her nose in the air.

“I’m an adult and since your son apologizes, I will accept it. I will have a talk with Joey.”

Tiffany slipped her way around to Joey’s Mom. She leaned down and narrowed her eyes at her. “I want your word that your son will not bully my son or anyone else again or I will come in with my team and take your son away. You know I can do it!”          

Joey’s Mom swallowed hard. “I give you my word. And if you’ll excuse me, I’ll have to go check up on Joey.”

After the door shut behind her, Tiffany turned back to Mr. Brown who was already popping three pills in his mouth. The older man who was a little overweight, he had hair around his head, but a bald spot in the center. He wore really thick glasses that anyone fined it unbelievable how he can even see through it.

“Thank you Pops!” Tiffany said with a bright smile and jumped in to hug him.

“Now don’t you be Pops me, young lady. I thought I taught you better than this. I remember telling you to use brains not your fist!” Denzel Brown said trying to wiggle away from her, but couldn’t resist the warm hug from her. He loved her as if she was his own daughter.

Five years ago, his son Mason Brown brought her in. She was alone and pregnant with no relatives anywhere. He and his wife welcomed her in their home with opened arms. They helped her until she can get her life together, until she had a job and was able to provide enough for her baby. Five years later, she’s doing well and able to get on her own feet. And he knew that she loved them as much as they loved her and Reed.

“Now you, young man, come here,” he ordered Reed who took his time coming over to the desk to him. Denzel leaned down at him and said, “I know you didn’t start it and I’m sure somewhere in your heart that you are maybe a little sorry you socked Joey. But it doesn’t mean you have to punch him. You can use this,” he pointed his hand to the boy’s head, “use your head to think and settle down with no one getting hurt. The only way one survives is to use his head to think not your fist, you go that?”

“Yes sir,” Reed answered.

“Come here,” said Denzel and gave him a big warm hug.

Reed looked over at Tiffany and winked. She pointed a finger at him and the smile on his face right now and the look of his eyes looked so similar to his father that for a moment she missed him.

“Take the boy home. Get some rest, that’s an order!” Denzel said.

“Yes sir,” both mother and son saluted at him before heading out.

Inside her car, she shut off the engine and turned to her son and said, “We are going to have a long talk.”

Reed nodded his head. “Yes, I’m ready to hear another lecture of yours.”

“I do not lecture. I give explanation!”

They were at the door as Tiffany was putting the key into the door, it whip opened.

“How come you are home already?” Tiffany asked surprised.

Riley Winters, Tiffany’s adopted daughter walked away saying, “Same old story.”

Tiffany hung her keys and set her purse down. “What is wrong with you two today? Two fights in one day. This has got to stop!”

“What happened?” Reed asked as he plopped onto the sofa.

Riley picked him up and set him on her laps. “That Queen B called me names. So I stuck gum on her ugly long black hair.”

“No freaking way,” Tiffany said taking a seat beside them. “I don’t ever remember teaching you two any kind of violence.”

“You didn’t!” both answered. “It’s in the genes.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Well kids, it’s time we do this the Mommy’s way. From here on out, I-“

“And here she begins her long lectures…” Riley snorted and Reed pretends to shut his eyes as if he fell asleep.

“I do not give lectures. I explain them, get it right. Anyways, I forbid you two, no more black eyes or sticking gum in anyone’s hair. It’s not nice and we are better than that.”

“That’s right; we are better than that so that’s why we get even!” Riley replied and gave Reed a high five.

“Now young lady,” Tiffany pointed her finger at her. “I did not raise my daughter to be a shrew. Next time, someone picks on you, you come to me right away and I will take care of it!”

Reed turned and covered Riley’s ear whispering loud enough for Tiffany to hear, “Mommy’s a badass. She nailed Joey’s Mom again today!”’         

“Really?” Riley asked raising her eyebrows at Tiffany.

“What?” said Tiffany and crossed both her arms. “I am a strong woman. I can handle most situation regarding little brats to bullies!”

“You don’t say?! Everybody knows what a badass Tiffany Winters is when she wants to be. Your evidence is shown through your baseball games.”

“Why thank you, my lovely daughter! That’s like the nicest thing you have said to me so far today. And now if you two are done with this nice little talk. Why don’t you start with your chores because you both are grounded as of right NOW! So shoo get up and get started with your jobs!” she demanded and went to change out of her clothes.

(Meet Mr. Smith in the next chapter...)

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Tiffany is strong and independent,
these qualities help her move on. look forward to see how Grayson fits in. thank you for sharing your story.

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
khmaichick559 said:
I find myself going thru this thread like every 10 mins to see if there is any updates...omg there is something wrong with me... lol
Aww...Thank you for following, I already wrote up to chapter 3, but still editing it. I've been very busy so I haven't been catching up on my writing, but I promise to post up a chapter every week :)

khmaichick559

sarNie Hatchling
As long you didnt forget about us im fine....well not so fine when im eagerly wanting to read the next chapter...lol but i can wait since its worth waiting....thank you....

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
As promised to my readers, enjoy reading:

Chapter 2​

"Mr. Smith, your company bumped into the top 5 largest in the business industries within the past two years. Any word on how it became so successful?" asked the journalist.

Grayson Smith chuckled. "All the hours of my days are put into my company; I sweat and breathe for it. I have been very fortunate that all my hard work had been paid off well."

"It sure did. Any future plans for Smith Enterprises?"

"My business partner and I are in talk of expanding our company in China. Well give it until the end of this year to see where we go from there."

"Five years ago, there was a Mrs.Smith. Any plans for a future Mrs. Smith?"

Grayson took a sip of his coffee, set it down and answered dryly, "Not at the moment. Work first."

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Smith," the journalist said and stood up for a handshake and departed.

"Mr. Smith," said Dorothy, his secretary, "you have a photo shoot at Studio 9 for Business Magazine in about thirty minutes."

Thrifty minutes later at Studio 9, Grayson had changed into a new suit had his face and hair done. He walked into a smaller room with a white background and bright lights aiming right at him.

"Mr. Smith."

Grayson turned over to a man a few years younger than him, with a camera in one hand. His shoulder length blonde hair looked way too shiny for a man and then there was the stare from his blue eyes at Grayson with so much intense. His collar shirt unbutton, revealing so much of his chest and then he smiled at Grayson who stared back with a raised eyebrow.

"Mason, I'm your photographer of the day," he introduced himself and pulled out his hand for a handshake.

"Gray," he said and shook his hand.

Mason held onto his hand for a great thirty seconds.

"Can I get my hand back?" Grayson asked.

Mason looked down and blushed.

"Sorry, I got lost in your handsomeness."

Grayson nodded his head. Yup, the dude was definitely gay.

"You badass, why didn't you phone me that he got in trouble again? I was back in town. I could've come over and gave that Fat Joey a lesson or two for picking on my Reed!" Mason gushed over the phone, awhile putting away his camera and equipment.

"Well, it ended well and its not happening again. Joeys Mom and I have an understanding now. Shell keep Joey away from Reed. By the way, I'm waiting for you out here," said Tiffany.

"How do you know where I am?"

"I phoned your assistant and she gave me your schedule."

Mason zipped up his bag. "I'm gonna fire her one day. I told her to be discreet about my schedule."

"Oh, please don't. I told her I found you a hot date and she bought it. She felt sorry for you, told me you need a few days of rest and maybe a night with hot sex, haha," Tiffany giggled from the other line.

He laughed. "And speaking of hot, my client today was so hot, I nearly drooled all over him. He was so tall, dark hair, blue eyes, so much muscle hidden beneath his suit."

"Oh shut up you slut! You really need to get some sex out of your system. How about I hook you up with one of my coworkers?"

"Yuck," Mason shrieked. "A bunch of nerds! I pass!"

Mason turned the corner at the studios back door and said, "Hey badass!"

Tiffany hung up the phone and went right at him for a big hug. 

"How've you been?"

"Good," she said. "The kids and I miss their Uncle Mason so much."

"I miss them too."

Tiffany pulled away from him and started to walk back into the studio.

"Where are you going?" he asked confused.

Tiffany winked back. "To take a look at your hot guy."

Mason tugged her back. "Not a chance. Hes not gay and I'm not stupid enough to let him see you and fall in love with you. I'm not gonna have him choose you over me!"

"Scared you cant beat me, huh?"

"You don't stand a chance!" Mason snapped his finger at her.

Tiffany laughed. "Okay, lets get out of here. I'm starving."

Grayson heard her sound of laughter. It couldn't be. She couldn't be here, not that he had kept track of her. He hadn't seen her or talked to her in five years since she left him with the divorce paper and a lawyer to communicate through him. He had offered a check with a large amount of money for her, but she refused. She had the lawyer passed on her words saying, You have given me enough. That was it, her last words to him. For the past few years, he buried himself in his work and didn't allow the divorce to get to him and he didn't want to think about it. He had moved on. He had hooked up with other women, but still no one came close. But the sound of that laughter reminded him of her. It had been too long since he last heard it. The last time he ever saw her was in their house when he told her to knock before interrupting him. Her face was filled with sadness and tears caused by him. The look on her face was stuck on his mind ever since. He would never get a chance to make her smile again or to hear the sound of her laughter filling his empty, lonely life. He didn't deserve her.

"Gray," said Calvin Morgan, his best friend and business partner put a hand on his shoulder that he snapped back. "What are you looking for?"

"Nothing," Grayson lied. "You here for tomorrows charity event too?"

"Yeah, I was invited personally by the head director, cant say no."

"Any hot date later tonight?" Calvin asked.

"No."

"Okay, I'll be your hot date for the night. Lets go eat I'm starving."

"Speaking of which," Gray started, "I had an interesting day today."

"And how did it go?"

"Mason, the photographer earlier had the hots for me!"

Calvin burst into a roar of laughter as they went inside the car.

"He gave me the chills," Gray added and joined him into laughter.

Tiffany looked over her shoulder to see where the familiar voice came from.

"Tiffany, what is it?" Mason interrupted.

"Nothing," she answered shaking her head.

(Next chapter, Mr. Smith finds out he has a son...)

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Lynn may i call you Lynn, hope you dun mind.
I love how close they're getting five lost years back its coincidence ! Gray sure has moved on to be very successful. Cant wait to read further. Thank you Lynn.

fantastic_27

''SMTown'
I love it Lynn!!!!!!! the story is so amazing!!! please keep updating, but take your time dearly. [and ur signature kills me!!! I heard their going to make another part to My Love From Another Star!!!! I miss them dearly]

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thank you Lynn for sharing this wonderful FF with us.   Really appreciate your time and efforts.

Can't wait to read more!

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
Last chapter for the week, I enjoy reading all comments and feedback. Here you go:

Chapter 3​

“Riley and Reed, you two dressed and ready to go. I don’t want to be late!” Tiffany shouted from her room.

“We’ve been ready since fifteen minutes ago. You’re the only one who’s not!” Riley shouted back.

Tiffany walked down the steps. Her kids stopped dead and stare at her in awe.

“Oh god, what’s wrong? I look awful, do I?”

“No, no…no… you look beautiful Mom,” said Riley with a big smile.

“Like an angel,” Reed added and winked at Tiffany.

Tiffany smiled at them.

“Let’s get going. Uncle Mason will meet us there.”

“Welcome to the 30th Annual Charity Event. I am your host Jaime Kennedy. I would like to thank everyone for being present here. You have no idea how much it means to me and the children here. What we get in return today would be put to good use to these children, to have a better education and a better life. There will be games, races and auctions. We hope everyone stays until night fall and enjoy it with us. So thank you and let’s enjoy today.”

Jaime waved at the shout of her name from Tiffany. They have been acquainted through work from there became good friends. Their love for orphans and troubled children brought them together. They shared ideas and supported each other on how to make a better life for many of the children.

“You ready for the baseball game later?” Jaime asked.

Tiffany flipped her hair. “Totally, ready to kick some butts this year!”

“Where are the kids?”

“They went to say hi to their Pops and Nana.”

“Have you seen Mason?”

“Yeah, over there,” she chuckled and pointed out Mason who was the center attention of four men surrounding him.

“That man slut!” Tiffany screeched. “I need to put a leash around his neck.”

“Like that’s gonna work.”

Both girls laughed.

“Mom, Mom,” Riley shouted with a worried look on face.

“What is it?” Tiffany asked. “Where’s Reed?”

“He’s not with you? He told me was coming to you and I went to the restroom. Damn it!”

“It’s okay, sweetheart,” Tiffany started. “He’s probably here somewhere playing. Let’s split up and look for him.”               

“I’ll give you two another hands,” Jaime said and set down the microphone as the three split up to look for Reed.

“Bastard, you got our friend Joey in trouble,” said the bigger boy with his two other friend surrounding Reed behind the corner of a booth.

“That’s right you bastard. No one messes with one of us!” said the second boy who gave Reed a hard shove in the shoulder.

The third boy walked over and spit on him and said, “Your Mom’s a whore and you are a bastard! You got no Dad because your Mom’s a whore who sleeps around! Your Daddy doesn’t want you because your Mom’s a whore!”

Reed wiped his face and shove at the bigger boy. He grabbed Reed by the neck, ready to strangle him. One moment Reed was almost out of breath than suddenly, he was breathing again. A pair of big strong hands lifted Reed away.

“That’s enough, tough boy!” Calvin dragged the bigger boy away.

“You okay?” Grayson asked Reed, whose eyes were trying to stay open.

“Okay,” Reed finally answered lifting up his gaze to Grayson.

It was as if he was looking back at his self, but a younger version. The little boy had the same shades of blue eyes and brown hair like his. Grayson’s hand slowly went up to the little boy’s face. The little boy looked at his hand and then back at him. How could it possibly be? Who is this boy? Why did he look like a younger version of him? The little boy only stares back at him with confusion.

Calvin kept the other three boys tuck behind his tail and looked over at Grayson and the little boy. The little boy. Calvin’s eyes widen and swore out loudly, “Holy shit! Why do I feel like we’re back in grade school and I’m looking at you, Gray?”

“Reed!”

Grayson broke the stare, pulled his hand away and fixed his gaze at Riley who came running towards them.

“Thank god you’re fine!” she cried. “Mom, Aunt Jaime, Reed’s over here!”

Riley went up to Reed and hugged him.

“Next time, don’t leave my side!” Riley demanded.

Reed glanced up at Grayson. He wandered why the man had the same eyes as his and why he looked so shock. It felt odd, but at the same time warm.

Finding his voice again, Reed opened his mouth and said to Grayson, “Thank you...”

Grayson continued staring at Reed trying to figure out how in the world someone could possibly look like him. It just didn’t make sense.

“Gray,” Calvin started, “how is it that this boy symbolizes you?”

“Reed.”

At the sound of that voice, Grayson whipped his head around. And there she stood, her big brown eyes staring back at him. Tiffany. She hadn’t aged a bit. Her angelic face was still beautiful as ever. The length of her blond hair was longer and in beachy waves. Dressed in a white long summer dress, she looked exactly like the first time he met her. He was reminded of how much he missed her.

“Mommy,” Reed shouted.

Grayson’s question was answered.

Tiffany stopped at her track. He was here. His cool blue eyes were staring back at her. And he was still the very image she remembered. The color of his brown hair hadn’t shown any sign of white hair. He was still the very big broad shoulder handsome man. With both hands in his pocket, he stood straight and tall looking both powerful and dangerous in his black attire. This was the man she fell in love with. Why didn’t he grow a big belly? So she would have something to fuss over! She hadn’t imagined this day would ever come, maybe later on, but just not today.  But then again, she was an adult now she reminded herself. She’s a thirty year old woman, a mother of two beautiful children. She could face him. But the butterflies in her stomach couldn’t help but betrayed her. This was making her anxious and sick to her stomach.

On her knees she hugged Reed and asked, “What happened?”

Witnessing the whole scene between mother and son, Calvin like Grayson had pretty much figured out who the little boy was. He laid his hand on Grayson’s shoulder to show his support.

“Joey’s friend gained up on me,” Reed answered.

Tiffany’s gaze slowly looked up at Grayson’s stare. His cold stare said it all. She closed her eyes and let out a breath. He knows.

Tiffany looked into her son’s eyes that looked exactly like the pair from a few feet away that’s staring at her, ready to murder her at any moment. Reed had his father’s hair, nose and smile. He inherited his father’s entire trait. He took after his father.

She cupped Reed’s face with both of her hands and said softly, “Mommy’s here now,” she stood up and turned to Jaime. “Can you look after Reed and Riley awhile I take care of some business here?”   

Jaime nodded and motioned for Riley to come over.

After, the three left. Tiffany nervously looked up and looked past Grayson to the three boys.

“You three, come here,” she said snapping her fingers at them.

The three approached her nervously.

“How about doing some extra cleaning at the detention center so you’ll stay out of trouble? Or maybe better cleaning some toilets? The next time I hear you three gaining up on my son again you will answer directly to me. If you have a problem with my son, you come to me. Do you hear me or not?” she raised her voice and added a cold mean look.

“Yes, ma’ma,” they answered shivering at her stare.

“Go on and play, and stay away from trouble. If I catch you three bullying anybody again, you all will be doing four hours of cleaning at the detention center after school. Are we clear?” she announced.

“Yes, ma’ma,” they said and quickly left.

Tiffany watched as the boys left. She hated every moment Grayson stood there staring at her. He made her nervous, but she held her head high. She was a strong woman, she could face him.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were pregnant with my child?” Grayson spoke.

As if on que, Calvin took his leave.

The moment of truth Tiffany thought and sighed nervously.

“You have a son, his name is Reed and he’s five years old,” she answered calmly.

He stalked over, towering her with his six foot frame.

“And you’re just telling me this now after five years?”

“Yes,” she replied looking him right in the eyes.

He grabbed her by the shoulders, pulling her closer and narrowed his angry eyes at her. She wasn’t going to squirm she reminded herself.

(Up next, Mr. Smith gives Ms. Winters two options...)

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Lynn thank you. I like how dad-son met and protectively by Gray. Tiffany though shocked still managed to drill the boys its quite cool. Now waiting on how they'll talk this important matter over. Thanks Lynn.