May 11th 2009 - 8 am - Last Peace Rally for GVP

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i keep hearing that we should have gone about another way to help those in the jungles, but seriously, what are the other ways? can ne one tell me other ways that this situation couldve gone about?

also, i think that when GVP says take back 'our country' translated peb lub teb chaws, it doesn't literally mean take over Laos and make it into a Hmong country. it means to make it so that we can actually live there in peace without having to be killed or fear for our lives.

in hmong history, we have always immigrated from China to Indochina, to Southeast Asia due to political, economic, and cultural issues with the dominant culture. settling in Laos and living there has been one of the best experiences for the elder generations and they call it their homes.

do u think that our elder generations here in america, if they were to go back to Laos, would they be living in the city with all the others? I dont think so, our country are the mountains or hills in Laos. that is what they mean when theyre talking about peb lub teb chaws. a place for them to live freely and farm like the old days.

some would like to live in the city, but u can't say that all would.
I'm not into politics. but dude, there are other ways to deal this. however it will be hard but they didnt seem to ask.

Do i think our elder generations here in America will live in the city? YES!!!! ive been to laos and i know how it is there. Doesnt matter if your old or not, if you go there. you will want to live in the city. **Even Elder generations, they have live in the U.S for how many years now, 20-30 years? they are adapted to the American life style and etc.... and i know for sure, if they go. they will not go live in the mountain, where there is no bathroom and electricity.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
I'm not into politics. but dude, there are other ways to deal this. however it will be hard but they didnt seem to ask.

Do i think our elder generations here in America will live in the city? YES!!!! ive been to laos and i know how it is there. Doesnt matter if your old or not, if you go there. you will want to live in the city. **Even Elder generations, they have live in the U.S for how many years now, 20-30 years? they are adapted to the American life style and etc.... and i know for sure, if they go. they will not go live in the mountain, where there is no bathroom and electricity.
im not into politics either, but when it comes to hmong people thats a different story for me. im not a GVP supporter, but i do appreciate what he's done for the hmong people.

lol. yea now that they've experience electricity and other things, of course they would want that too if they went back . i myself would too!

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
im not into politics either, but when it comes to hmong people thats a different story for me. im not a GVP supporter, but i do appreciate what he's done for the hmong people.

lol. yea now that they've experience electricity and other things, of course they would want that too if they went back . i myself would too!
ur contradicting urself here. lol

but yeah anyways the rally is tomorrow. will see what happens..:D

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i almost thought that sig of urs was a real wall poster on the building. haha.. turns out it was just you.
thanks for noticing... this has nothing to do with the thread..
buttah yeah.. if you'd like to make your own..
just go onto photofunia.com

***********BACK TO THE THREAD********

if i don't have anything to do after i get out of class...
i will go shopping downtown and see how many people are actually at the rally
i'll bring my camera too.

frog

sarNie Egg
Gee, that's so sad.

Just because you're in college doesn't mean that you're higher than your parents or the so-called "HMONG OGs" or even Hmong people in general.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
first of all.. i never said that i was higher than anyone else in here.
yes. i am in college and i have been working my ass off in my morning class.
therefore.. i chose to attend my class rather than going to the rally.
there are thousands of people who are not attending because they have school and work also.
i'm not the only one.

miss_rice

sarNie Egg
it's funny my dad asked my brother..."what if California was cut off from the USA and given to hmong people to run over and govern, what do you think will happen?"

my brother's response was.."instead of making a successful hmong country their will be a civil war instead." lol

and I believe that it's wuite true too. c'mon man them old hmongs guys are already fighting eachother over being president of the freaken Lao Family or whatever it is that does the hmong new years and ur expectling for them to run a country. I think hmong people was never meant to run it's own country that's why we don't have one to claim as our own.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i stopped by the rally after some shopping..
i got some pictures and some short video clips.
i'll post it whenever i have time.
tata!

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
it's funny my dad asked my brother..."what if California was cut off from the USA and given to hmong people to run over and govern, what do you think will happen?"

my brother's response was.."instead of making a successful hmong country their will be a civil war instead." lol

and I believe that it's wuite true too. c'mon man them old hmongs guys are already fighting eachother over being president of the freaken Lao Family or whatever it is that does the hmong new years and ur expectling for them to run a country. I think hmong people was never meant to run it's own country that's why we don't have one to claim as our own.

hahaaa i second what you said here. lmao

they fought over to be president for the freakin Lao Family already, if we have a country. what will happen? hahahaa **WAR

anyways i said i wasnt gonna go to the rally.. but i did. i wasnt dressed up for it though. i went to the mall and went to see what
was going on. hahaa.. there was not thousands of Hmong people, but say.. hundreds yes. haha

and GVP is not guilty. His case was just dismissed.

**Credit to Sacbee.com

No dismissal in case against accused general on day when thousands show support

As thousands of Northern California Hmong gathered in downtown Sacramento today, the legal issue that attracted them to the federal courthouse ended without resolution.

Defense lawyers argued before U.S. District Judge Frank C. Damrell Jr. that the case against Gen. Vang Pao and 10 other people charged with plotting to overthrow the communist government of Laos should be dismissed.

After a 90-minute hearing, Damrell declined to rule on a defense motion to dismiss the case. The defense contends that the defendants had been denied due process because of outrageous government conduct.

Damrell said there was not enough on the record before him to rule. The judge said he would wait to rule until all material that the government is going to give the defense has been turned over and there is a complete and final record. Then he will decide on merits of the motion argued by the defense today.

The arguments revealed sharp differences in the interpretation of the evidence supplied by the prosecution to defense attorneys.

Defense attorneys say that the hundreds of pages of reports and dozens of hours of wiretap recordings turned over to the defense team by prosecutors reveal the dishonesty of charges against the 11 men.

Lawyers in the U.S. attorney's office say the defense allegations are a selective reading of seemingly supportive facts from the record -- frequently out of context -- and omit other pertinent, nonsupportive facts.

The next scheduled conference before Damrell is Oct. 5. In the meantime, Damrell told both sides that differences they have over what should be disclosed by the government -- and when -- should be taken up with the magistrate judge assigned to the case, Dale A. Drozd.

Demonstrators rallied in support of Vang, nine other Hmong men and a retired U.S. Army officer from Woodland who are all charged with conspiring to purchase scores of weapons to arm insurgents and to hire mercenaries, all designed to oust the Laotian regime.

They held signs indicating they were from Alaska, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Kansas. Some said they came from as far as Australia and France to join the protest. Also visible were signs with the general's picture and hundreds of American flags.

The throng unleashed the loudest chant of the morning -- "Free Vang Pao!" -- as the general made his way into the courthouse surrounded by security guards in yellow T-shirts.

It was the emotional climax of a protest that began at 7 a.m. at the state Capitol and wound its way to the federal building, where the intersection of Fifth and I streets was jammed with protesters. Speakers at the federal building included Hmong leaders and Colonel Bill Lair, a CIA officer who recruited Hmong -- including Vang Pao -- to battle the communists.

Sacramento police Lt. Mike Bray estimated the crowd at the federal building swelled to 8,000 people, the largest he's seen in 20 years on the job.

"They chartered 59 buses from the Central Valley alone, and others came in by train and light rail," Bray said. "Fortunately, they are very orderly and very respectful.

"This is a good group to deal with," he said.

Since the case against Vang and the others was revealed, there has been a groundswell of support among Hmong Americans, Vietnam veterans and others who regard Vang and his followers as heroes.

Vang was recruited by the Central Intelligence Agency in 1961 to lead a secret army of Hmong soldiers against the North Vietnamese.

For the next 14 years, until the communists came to power in Laos, his troops disrupted movement on the Ho Chi Minh trail, the Viet Cong supply line to the south that traversed Laos, and flew combat missions as back-seat spotters.

Some of the defendants fought under Vang's command.

karolinav89

sarNie Egg
i was really amaze that this rally had hundred's of people marching n chanting...this is the first for me to see that the hmong people didn't fight in public ...i was there until the case was over..i was hecke tire....

WHAT DO WE WANT
JUSTICE
WHAT DO WE NEED
JUSTICE

LOL I LOST MY VOICE WHEN I GOT HOME I WAS DEAD K.O ON THE SOFA

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
The case got dismissed so we shouldn't be too happy.
Youngers, please explain to your parents what dismissed means.

**they don't have enough evidences, therefore they will have to come back.

i wonder wat will happen next, i think there's gonna be another rally.. ;D perhaps a few more?

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
The case got dismissed so we shouldn't be too happy.
Youngers, please explain to your parents what dismissed means.

**they don't have enough evidences, therefore they will have to come back.

i wonder wat will happen next, i think there's gonna be another rally.. ;D perhaps a few more?
yep there probably will be more rallies.

pa29

sarNie Egg
Since I have been following up on this news, I always see Hmong people say, " GVP helped America and America turned its back on the Hmong people." America did not turn its back to the Hmong people. Yes, its true that Hmong people helped United State during the war, but as an agreement they will bring them to the US. There was no agreement that they were gonna help to take over another country. We have to live by the rules and regulations of the laws. America did not put the guns and thoughts into GVP head and those other mens. They did. They now have to pay for their own actions. Hmong people may not appreciate it, but they have to go by what he did was wrong. Not saying what he did was right. He is considered a Terrorist.

I think there are other options to what he could have done. To me, there are other ways he could have gone about this. He could have contributed to have some of them live life better. There are ways. I mean, I hear story about people bringing their families from Laos, Thailand, Vietnam all the time. If the Hmong community and GVP really wanted to help them out why not find ways to bring them to America or help them leave Laos if its so bad there? Why not find supporter to help them out. sponsor some of them. I know it will take time but like I said if this is what he wants he could have made it happen. It may take years and if the Hmong people here in America really say they are his supporter, they would help.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
Since I have been following up on this news, I always see Hmong people say, " GVP helped America and America turned its back on the Hmong people." America did not turn its back to the Hmong people. Yes, its true that Hmong people helped United State during the war, but as an agreement they will bring them to the US. There was no agreement that they were gonna help to take over another country. We have to live by the rules and regulations of the laws. America did not put the guns and thoughts into GVP head and those other mens. They did. They now have to pay for their own actions. Hmong people may not appreciate it, but they have to go by what he did was wrong. Not saying what he did was right. He is considered a Terrorist.

I think there are other options to what he could have done. To me, there are other ways he could have gone about this. He could have contributed to have some of them live life better. There are ways. I mean, I hear story about people bringing their families from Laos, Thailand, Vietnam all the time. If the Hmong community and GVP really wanted to help them out why not find ways to bring them to America or help them leave Laos if its so bad there? Why not find supporter to help them out. sponsor some of them. I know it will take time but like I said if this is what he wants he could have made it happen. It may take years and if the Hmong people here in America really say they are his supporter, they would help.
i believe that the issue was already addressed to the UN
but they didn't do anything about it.
the Lao government is in denial about the hunting down of the Hmongs in the jungles
there also is confusion about the case right now
because the undercover agent is kind of lying about things they discussed during their meetings
so uh.. let's see how things go for them.

pa29

sarNie Egg
To be honest, I don't think America really cares for Laos because its a communist land and one of the poorest countries in the world. If they really cared they would have done something about it. That's my opinion anyways.

I don't think its fair on what going on in Laos. And you maybe right, the Laos government is in denial.
When I watched this on youtube I don't think some people understand why they are really rallying for. I mean, yes
GVP brought us to America. No doubt about that. But what he did in the present time is a different story. What I'm trying to say if there are evidence that support the theory that he and the 9 others trying to buy guns and overtake Laos has nothing to do w/his past of being a war hero. To me some of the Hmong supporter are also in denial in that.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
To be honest, I don't think America really cares for Laos because its a communist land and one of the poorest countries in the world. If they really cared they would have done something about it. That's my opinion anyways.

I don't think its fair on what going on in Laos. And you maybe right, the Laos government is in denial.
When I watched this on youtube I don't think some people understand why they are really rallying for. I mean, yes
GVP brought us to America. No doubt about that. But what he did in the present time is a different story. What I'm trying to say if there are evidence that support the theory that he and the 9 others trying to buy guns and overtake Laos has nothing to do w/his past of being a war hero. To me some of the Hmong supporter are also in denial in that.
to be honest with you all..
i really don't know where to stand in this case.
the media tells us one side of the story
but then it also sounds like BS
and did the US care about Laos
yes it did. that's why it entered the Vietnam war 30+ years ago.

pa29

sarNie Egg
When all of this is over, which I hope soon. We will know the whole story behind this. They will be able to show the evidence and get into more details on what is really going on.