Marrying someone from Laos

okae, I am curious... What reqirements must I meet to bring over a wife/husband and or a relative from Laos... I've been told so many things and now I am questioning... Well Pangy's boyfriend is supposively married to the Laos girl and when I ask him he said no. Rumors have that his parents have filed paperwork to bring her over already and he said they can't because he's suppose to be the one doing it. I told him anyone can file it. He said in order to even start, one must have a job, must have 10,000$ in the account, and etc... First off I don't believe you must have 10,000$ in ones aacount cuz that is alot of money... I told him that even if he said this, we all know the parents have cuz they are bragging about it all over town. I said ur parents have the money and the job. All you need to say on the application is that she is ur wife- but he said no one can bring her over unless he qualifies... So ima really curious to know... Anyone?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
This is actually pretty tricky. There isn't alot of requirement, but they must be married for reals (as in really in love). If not they run the risk of getting caught for marriage fraud. (Can get some serious prison time for this depending on state)

This article should cover alot of the requirements and step by step instructions

http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-Articles/?a=349&z=36

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
okae, I am curious... What reqirements must I meet to bring over a wife/husband and or a relative from Laos... I've been told so many things and now I am questioning... Well Pangy's boyfriend is supposively married to the Laos girl and when I ask him he said no. Rumors have that his parents have filed paperwork to bring her over already and he said they can't because he's suppose to be the one doing it. I told him anyone can file it. He said in order to even start, one must have a job, must have 10,000$ in the account, and etc... First off I don't believe you must have 10,000$ in ones aacount cuz that is alot of money... I told him that even if he said this, we all know the parents have cuz they are bragging about it all over town. I said ur parents have the money and the job. All you need to say on the application is that she is ur wife- but he said no one can bring her over unless he qualifies... So ima really curious to know... Anyone?

Not sure about the qualification but without his consent, his parents cannot filed the paperwork. If they did and he does not know of it. He can sue his parent's for forging his signature. Because bringing a person to the U.S, I'm sure there are lots of paperwork to be signed by the person who is bringing that person to the U.S. Unless he lied to you and agreed then that is a different story.

I remember a while back, my aunt asked me to married one of her son from Laos and she will pay for everything. That, I just had to use my name. It was hilarious but i said heck no. lol I tell people these days, everyone was given a name, so whatever you wish to do. Use your own name. haha

pangnerlicious

sarNie Adult

About the 10,000 i believe so. cause my grandma aka my new grandma. she got married wid my grandpa. because her wife juss pass away 2 years ago.
so really my grandma is juss gonna get sent back, soo my dad has to doo all the damn thing for them.
but he cant. cause she must have someone who has alot of money. like you said "10,000" thats alot though.

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
from the relatives that i've heard from you need to make a yearly income of about $18000. you can have a someone co-sign with you if you don't make that much a year. co-signing is the same thing as if he wants to get a loan at the bank and doesn't have the job so he needs someone with a job to co-sign with him meaning that if he can't pay the money back then the person that co-sign has to pay it back. plus having like $8000 or so in the bank helps but it's really the yearly income that is important. that's why you see all those old people on Soc Sec (with money in the bank) not being able to bring their wife/hubby over cuz they don't have the yearly income...that is unless they get someone to co-sign for them. also you need to have proof of relationship like pics or something together. from one person i heard about being engaged and having pics of engagement party is usually the proof that laos govt look for.

i hope he knows that it cost a lot to even do the paperwork then he has to send money to her to do the paperwork and stuff over where she's at. after she gets here it's still years of money and paperwork before she becomes a citizen. also if he gets engaged or marries her and while they are waiting for paperwork she'll probably expect him to send her money. it's alot of work and money.

yea and the person marrying has to do the paper work. unless her family brings her over just as a visitor then they marry but that's still hard to get her citizenship too. probably even more difficult to get her citizen and it would cost her family a lot so they probably wouldn't do that.

good luck to him. i hope he thinks about it and look up the process before he makes a decision to do anything.

oh and just wanted to say that i did go to laos to visit family and i just gotta say that the guys and girls there are def hot. yep there are some hot hot guys there.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
oh and just wanted to say that i did go to laos to visit family and i just gotta say that the guys and girls there are def hot. yep there are some hot hot guys there.
I'm just saying but when I went, I did not see any hot guys. lol I only saw short and dark ones. hehe

I went to many places but didn't spot any good looking ones, probably have to go during the new year lol

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
yea you have to go during the new year. they are short too and dark but i don't mind the dark look. there were few tall guys and most guys were 5'3" average.

lol... Wen I went I saw some decent guys but I was one of the chubbiest girls there... Made me a good target cuz I got alot of guys hitting up on me and asking me for my digits... Lol... I don't plan to marry one from Laos cuz my parents are totally against it so ima stic wid my LAZY BUM...
As for Pangy's man... Well who knows now... He hasn't talk to her nor have I lately... I guess he is going through wid it cuz I saw his dad at the store buying a stack of phone cards... Lol...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
lol... Wen I went I saw some decent guys but I was one of the chubbiest girls there... Made me a good target cuz I got alot of guys hitting up on me and asking me for my digits... Lol... I don't plan to marry one from Laos cuz my parents are totally against it so ima stic wid my LAZY BUM...
As for Pangy's man... Well who knows now... He hasn't talk to her nor have I lately... I guess he is going through wid it cuz I saw his dad at the store buying a stack of phone cards... Lol...
lol you must have feel like a celebrity. :)

When I went, I feel like I was a princess haha
The fact, that everywhere I went, people looked at me until I was long gone. haha

anyways I attended a wedding when I went, a few guy's approached me but I act like I didn't know how to speak Hmong so they wouldn't bother me haha but I did meet a few nice guy's. But I'm not into Hmong Lao and Thailand guys. :)I'm just not.

As for that man, Pangy's man. He is probably going with the flow. sad.