Man shoots wife after seeing "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna"

lovena

sarNie Hatchling
Man shoots wife after seeing "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna"

By Reuters
Monday August 21, 11:05 PM
MUMBAI (Reuters) - An Indian man who took his wife to a hit Bollywood film about marital tensions hoping she would allow him to marry again shot her after she refused, police and a newspaper said.

The Mumbai Mirror daily said on Monday the wife had left his home with their two children after a marital spat.

But on Saturday, they had made up and went to see "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna", a Hindi film about couples finding love outside marriage, which has been playing to packed houses in Indian cities.

The newspaper said the 32-year-old man's real intention in taking his wife to the movie was to persuade her to allow him to marry his girlfriend.

When she refused, the husband attacked her with a "sharp weapon" and shot her in the stomach, leaving her for dead on the road, the Mumbai Mirror reported.

"The wife survived and she has given us a statement against her husband," a police officer said.

The film's director Karan Johar expressed shock.

"When I made the film, I never thought it would incite such strong emotions," Johar was quoted as saying in the newspaper.

Bollywood, the world's most prolific film industry, has a big influence over the lives millions of Indians, who visit cinemas regularly to see the latest releases.

In June, a young man leapt off a cinema balcony in central India and broke his leg while trying to imitate the stunts of a superhero in a Bollywood movie.

neena

sarNie Adult
you can't get it yet...its still in threater...they probably won't release it onto DVD until dec...or maybe earlier?

Kelly

Even after all this and so many debates about kank being diff. it still turned out at the box office to be a superhit!

silent-heart

sarNie Egg
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG wht a crzi man... oki firstable y would the guy have a gf while he is married n y would tht girl go with him if he is marrried... gosh ppz nw days......... ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk nw tht guy is so stupid.. his wife is even stupiderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

danny

sarNie Hatchling
i'll have to say that after watching this movie i still can't see how and why he decided to do what he did....this movie although has a message.....doesn't say to convince your wife to allow you to marry someone else and that especially to kill your wife/ husband if they don't allow you...so just to make it plain and simple he's pretty dumb to be making this movie an excuse to get his own happiness although it seems that it didn't turn out that way...