Makeup, Skincare & Hair Care Brands +Tips

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
@byebye, That's very interesting because I've always heard that washing your hair frequently can damage it. But your hair is different. I guess by next year your hair should be a bop or shoulder length. Oh, whoaa yes Bali is definitely hotter than anywhere in the states. It's below the equator. The humidity must be so high you feel stuffed up Lol

x0unerthanlater

Has anyone ever heard of "strobing"? I've been seeing this trend on Youtube lately and wanted to share. Basically it's (almost) extreme highlighting WITHOUT contouring. Think shimmer shimmer! Lol Here's a brief video of what strobing is and how it's done. Personally I would never try this out because I have naturally "oily" skin. I will look like a greased up glazed chicken ready for baking if I went out with this makeup look, HAHAHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fHpnjddEpM

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Same here...my face is too oily to do such a thing. I can't even wake up with a nice even face for once. It's like someone pour oil over my face lol

Yup, my hair is weird. It looks healthier and falls less if I washed it twice a day. It falls like a strand or two. But if I washed it once a day it's like 10-20 strands. My hair takes about 4-5 months to get a bob...that's how fast it grows. It just grow super fast that's why I'm never hesitant to chop it off. I went the other day to get my hair cut even more, now the color and damaged it almost gone. I just have a little on top of my head. I can't wait to let my natural grow for once.

x0unerthanlater

Same, my face gets super oily during the summer time.

My hair grows super fast too but I won't ever cut it short again. The last time I cut it shoulder length (with layers) was in 2010. From then to now, I've been growing it out. I think I prefer longer hair. Maybe when I get into my 40s or 50s I'll go short Lol For now, I will revel in the length and beauty of long hair.

I do hope your hair recovers quickly. It sounds like all there is to do is wait.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I'm the opposite...I want longer hair when I am older. Because I feel when you are younger you can get away with a lot of hair styles.

x0unerthanlater

That's true. I just never liked short hair for long. I was thinking of investing in wigs. And just wear it whenever I want a night of short hair or something, lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I can't have wigs because someone else hair creeps me out lol

x0unerthanlater

Lol, I mean like the synthetic colorful ones that don't cost too much. Wearing someone elses hair creeps me out too.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Man, I don't know why I keep on doing it. My face is soft with using the old proactive but I had to changed it to the proactive+ which is expensive and cause my face to dry. And then, by trying to find someone over the counter so I don't have to order from proactive all the time and tried these various toners....now my face is so dry. Like hurting dry. When I go outside it feels like it's burning fast. Don't ever used witch hazel. That thing dry my face so bad.

I am now back to my old proactive...alternating top gel once a week. Top Gel works great for scars...I rather have an oily face than a dry face.

sarN

sarNie Granny
What a good whiten cream? I'm tire of washing my face w/ bucket of ice water everyday loll

x0unerthanlater

byebye, I hope the new proactive works out for you. Dry skin sucks. My skin was like that a few years ago. But now it's back to good again. I use witch hazel and it doesn't dry my skin at all. I think it just works for some people. I know that some people are allergic to it. So that's probably why your skin dried it.

sarN, I have never used whitening creams or products so I wouldn't know what to recommend. I know that the Asian market probably has more products geared towards whitening since they want to lighten up their skin. I would suggest looking into korean products. Try looking up reviews on youtube.

sarN

sarNie Granny
If I whiten my face , what about my whole body lol my arm and leg ? I think makeup look better on light skin ppl than tan

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I don't know how people used whitening cream and n the face and not anywhere else.

I was looking at my middle school pictures and come across one with my hair long. Gosh, I have never wanted long hair so bad till now. I just don't know if I have the patience to let my hair grow. I haven't been able to tie my hair in a ponytail for 15 years now.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
sarN said:
If I whiten my face , what about my whole body lol my arm and leg ? I think makeup look better on light skin ppl than tan
You do? I think the tan skinned can be so beautiful with the right type of makeup/colors. Those who know how to bronze and highlight their face are killers! Or maybe because I'm not attractive to pale skinned type of girls, they look ghostly to me but those South Americans or light brown ladies are omg! Drool worthy!!!! I'd take Aishwayra, Haley Barry, and Beyonce's colors over all those most beautiful pale skinned ladies anytime!!!!

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Chanel Iman is beautiful. Her skin is like olive or just the perfect tone. The only exception with pale skin that I find absolutely beautiful is when they have that very...very light brown eyes are cat like gray with dark hair color. Out of all the VS models I find Adriana Lima the most exotic and beautiful one. Man, she has it all...the lips though...it's made for lipstick for sure.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Adriana Lima falls under light brown for me. South American hottie! Her eyes are damn! If my bf or ex had cheated on me with her, I'd give them a high five :lolyup:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I remembered when I got my first VS magazine. I could not go past Adriana pictures lol. It is hard to make her look ugly. Yes, her eyes are so pretty. She looks stunning with dark hair.

cecilia

Staff member
I was on Facebook earlier and saw Ian (the vampire diary guy) without facial hair. He looks so different -- still attractive but just different to me. I guess it's because I'm used to his stubble or a bit of facial.  I'm into facial guy too but goodness I didn't realize how much trouble they have to go through to keep up a nice look .. now, I feel bad for being attractive to the facial hair guy -- I watch this clip, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j4QI4dWFN8 and give men props for keeping up with their grooming. If my man ever have hair .. and keep it up, I'm going to applaud and adore him everyday. Not that it's require of him to have it but for him to keep up ... that's a lot of dedication. 

Sorry, ladies. I know this is about women but I just have to share this story but I got side track for a good 20 minutes after seeing Ian without facial hair lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I don't like facial hair on men. One time my husband grew his mustache out, I would not let him get near me lol. It just feels so rough and messy. Some guys can make it work...my husband just happened to look awful with it.