Makeup, Skincare & Hair Care Brands +Tips

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Share your favorite makeup brands -

High End: Estee Lauder, MAC, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Bobbi Brown etc...
or
Drugstore: Maybelline, Covergirl, Rimmel London, Wet n Wild, ELF, L'Oreal, Revlon etc...

What type of Skincare brands do you use?

Share your hair care products -

I use drugstore makeup brands for the most part. Maybelline mascaras are good and legit. Currently, I'm using the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse foundation. I've tried Revlon Colorstay before, and it's good coverage. For eyeliners I like the Jordana ones. 

I have 2 "High End-ish" eyeshadow palettes. Which are, the Stila In The Light palette & the Matte Nude Palette by The Balm Cosmetics.

I order from Coastalscents a lot because their eyeshadows and brushes are decent. (p.s. What makeup brush brand do you like?)

As for skincare, I use Neutrogena Naturals purifying facial cleanser. (Awesome stuff! btw for sensitive skin ppl) I've also used the Cetaphil brand. This is also recommended for sensitive skin ppl. For moisturizers I like, Ponds & Nivea. I've used Ponds for years. Nivea is the best for my skin right now though.

Please feel free to share tips too!
I added tips so that everything can all go under this same thread.  :thumbsup:

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Biotherm, I've been using it since middle school. Their acne care line used to be so good but they discontinued it and the new Pure-fect line doesn't live up to the old acne line. Basically the toner, cleanser, moisturizer I use from Biotherm. Sunscreen I use Lancome since my mom gives me the samples and they last for a pretty long time since I try to stay away from the outside world in the summer. But I heard the Shiseido line is good for oil free sunscreen so I might give that a try once I run out of Lancome. 

Makeup, once every blue moon I wear Dior foundation, Dior and Lancome mascara, Lancome and Victoria's Secret lip gloss. I keep it simple since my mom lectures me about how makeup ruins my skin and I'm lazy. The best drugstore brand for me is Nivea, the toner is pretty good and it removes all left over makeup. Clean and Clear was an awesome scrub for me but I'm pretty sure it's not working too well on me any more. 

x0unerthanlater

I have to look into some high end when I can. I know skincare is a must for good healthy skin (water of course is a good source lol). As we get older, we should pay attention to our skin more. Who doesn't want to retain youthful skin?

Oh, I forgot to mention toner. I use Witch Hazel. Yes! You can buy it anywhere. All natural Witch Hazel helps balance complexion and it keeps pores clean! I use it with a cotton pad but sometimes I spritz it on my face to freshen up. It's good stuff. The smell is something to get use to though. Blargh, lol - Some may be allergic to WH, so be cautious.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Over the counter foundation/powder I like Almay the most. Especially their blemish foundation/powder. It doesn't break out on the occasions I have used them.

Facial wipes I used whatever as long as it has Vitamin C. I collect them when I go to Ross. Moisturizer, I just bought Yes To grapefruit but it doesn't work like oil of Olay. Expensive stuff doesn't work on my skin as much as cheap stuff lol. I guess, I have to be careful and keep up with what works since I am nearing 40.

x0unerthanlater

I have never tried Almay. I try to stick to what works for me. It's not fun to break out in hives while wearing foundation. LOL I use whatever face wipes too. esp. the ones that smell good. The Ponds ones are so soft and they smell extremely good.

misschristie

sarNie Egg
Favorite High End Cosmetic Brands:
Too Faced Cosmetics, Urban DeCay, & Tarte Cosmetics

Favorite Drug Store Cosmetic Brands:
Nyx Cosmetics, Almay, ELF, & Milani Cosmetics

Favorite Skincare Brands:
CeraVe, Garnier & Yes To Carrots

Favorite Make-Up Brushes:
Real Techniques (LOVE their Miracle Complexion Sponge! <3) & Eco Tools 

x0unerthanlater

misschristie said:
Favorite High End Cosmetic Brands:
Too Faced Cosmetics, Urban DeCay, & Tarte Cosmetics

Favorite Drug Store Cosmetic Brands:
Nyx Cosmetics, Almay, ELF, & Milani Cosmetics

Favorite Skincare Brands:
CeraVe, Garnier & Yes To Carrots

Favorite Make-Up Brushes:
Real Techniques (LOVE their Miracle Complexion Sponge! <3) & Eco Tools 

Gotta invest in some RT brushes. I'm only using Coastalscents brushes. I have 1 eco tools brush. It's so soft. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
It's not makeup but I have a question about Shampoo. Anyone that can recommend a good shampoo that doesn't dry my hair or over moisturize it. I am going through this stage after damaging my hair by coloring it 4Xs in a month. It is dry, fry and so coarse. I'm playing around with shampoos but so far nothing is working. I want to try Biolage again but don't want to spend a lot of money if it doesn't work.

x0unerthanlater

I have been using Ogxbeauty (originally called Organix) for a while now, and I think they are the best I've tried so far. I used a variety in the past, but some seem to be itchy and drying. They have so many different types in their line, plus they are mostly natural ingredients. If your hair is dry you should look for Shampoos that contain some sort of Oil. I'm currently using the Sea Mineral Moisture. It smells amazing!

-- Thanks byebye, I forgot all about hair care. I've added it to the thread.

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
High end products I use ranges from Chanel, Guerlain, YSL, Hourglass, Charlotte Tillbury, and basically everything else from Sephora! Sephora is my go to place!

Drugstore products I love are CoverGirl Lashblast, Maybelline lipsticks, and Loreal Voluminous!

x0unerthanlater

They literally sell everything that's related to beauty. I was surprised they had a perfume section too. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I like Almay because they are made for sensitive skin. You can wear their powder in the sun sweating and it doesn't break you out.

Shampoo wise, my scalp is itcy like heck. But my hair gets so darn oily about 8pm...like greasy oily. I want something to gently wash my hair and soften it up a bit. I either find a shampoo that makes my scalp so itchy or just dry it up. I try so many shampoos it's not even funny. I'm not sure if my only option is to just let my hair grow out and start over that way.

xodxo

x0unerthanlater said:
They literally sell everything that's related to beauty. I was surprised they had a perfume section too. 

Yes, they carry basically everything beauty related. Skincare, Cosmetics, Purfume and Make up tools!

I love Sephora! :) I love their Beauty Inside Rewards Program, too! Total VIB Rouge member here with over thousands of points. lol I can't wait for the Winter VIB Sale in November! I'm planning to pick up another 5 YSL lipsticks! :)

x0unerthanlater

byebye said:
I like Almay because they are made for sensitive skin. You can wear their powder in the sun sweating and it doesn't break you out.

Shampoo wise, my scalp is itcy like heck. But my hair gets so darn oily about 8pm...like greasy oily. I want something to gently wash my hair and soften it up a bit. I either find a shampoo that makes my scalp so itchy or just dry it up. I try so many shampoos it's not even funny. I'm not sure if my only option is to just let my hair grow out and start over that way.

I should look into Almay foundation. A lot of brands make my face itchy at times. I have sensitive combination skin.

You should try some at home remedies. There are hundreds of tutorials on youtube. I've tried a few. The coconut milk wash one is good for dandruff or just itchy scalps. Makes the hair soft too. I try to experiment to see what's the best for my hair. 

xodxo said:

Yes, they carry basically everything beauty related. Skincare, Cosmetics, Purfume and Make up tools!

I love Sephora! :) I love their Beauty Inside Rewards Program, too! Total VIB Rouge member here with over thousands of points. lol I can't wait for the Winter VIB Sale in November! I'm planning to pick up another 5 YSL lipsticks! :)

Whoaa, that means you are a true Sephora shopper! Lol I've never known a VIB member except the youtube beauty gurus.

xodxo

Girl, it's TOTALLY worth it! Every year, I get an additional $20 gift card/voucher to redeem for anything in the store. I use that to redeem for things I love in addition to the sale!^^

Yes, I am a Make-up/Beauty Junkie! I just love collecting beautiful beauty products! :)

xodxo

x0unerthanlater said:
Lol, I love wearing makeup but I don't really collect it. I only buy what I'll be currently wearing

Lol, that was me years ago. As I ventured out to the higher end products, I got sucked in! I don't buy things for packaging or keepsake, but I buy what I know I'll love, wear over time and can keep for a looooooooooooooooooong time, too. lol :)

I have splurged a lot in the past, but have limited myself down to just the necesseties or wait until the BIG sale. lol :)