Maiv Lis Thoj's mv

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Recently saw this mv and it has disappointed me a LOT. Can't believe how low our Hmong people would sink just to gain more viewers. Wtf is wrong with producers/directors these days? What kind of crappy music video is this? The mv doesn't even match the song. Wtf does swimming and a bathing suit have to do with a sad slow song like this? They are seriously losing their common sense. Can't believe Maiv Lis Thoj even agreed to do this. Hmong people are not ready for this kind of thing yet. Our mind is still set at losing face and keeping a good reputation. If you decide to do something like this, wait for the next gen. If I were Maiv Lis Thoj, I wouldn't even agree to do a mv like this. She's the singer that they are sponsoring, she should have a say in what she wants and doesn't want to do. I'd rather stick up for myself and lose the contract than let others control me on doing something as despicable as this. Wth is the Hmong Industry turning into?

Mistspyed

sarNie Egg
My first reaction was "OMG"...what the heck? Trying to be sexy...he..hee..he, so not. They're trying to hard. True, true, what you said was true. I've seen more skanky hmong music video.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
My first reaction was "OMG"...what the heck? Trying to be sexy...he..hee..he, so not. They're trying to hard. True, true, what you said was true. I've seen more skanky hmong music video.
I haven't seen any skanky Hmong mv's before so this has impacted me a lot. Haha, so not sexy. xD I think the director was aiming towards those horny men and not a wider variety of viewers. :\

cookielee

sarNie Egg
Recently saw this mv and it has disappointed me a LOT. Can't believe how low our Hmong people would sink just to gain more viewers. Wtf is wrong with producers/directors these days? What kind of crappy music video is this? The mv doesn't even match the song. Wtf does swimming and a bathing suit have to do with a sad slow song like this? They are seriously losing their common sense. Can't believe Maiv Lis Thoj even agreed to do this. Hmong people are not ready for this kind of thing yet. Our mind is still set at losing face and keeping a good reputation. If you decide to do something like this, wait for the next gen. If I were Maiv Lis Thoj, I wouldn't even agree to do a mv like this. She's the singer that they are sponsoring, she should have a say in what she wants and doesn't want to do. I'd rather stick up for myself and lose the contract than let others control me on doing something as despicable as this. Wth is the Hmong Industry turning into?

you never know if its her idea or the sponsor idea to do this kind of video so dont start blaming people yet! what if she wanted to do a video like how thai people do their musiv video where there is girl in binki modeling to the song? if she wait til the next generation to do this kinda of stuff, she would be too old and won't have the looks anymore. it dont matter if she do it in this generation or the next, there will always be people criticizing about these kind of things.

pinkdisney32

sarNie Oldmaid
Oh yeah, wtf?????
It's so stupid how the song is sad and she's acting all happy & shit.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
you never know if its her idea or the sponsor idea to do this kind of video so dont start blaming people yet! what if she wanted to do a video like how thai people do their musiv video where there is girl in binki modeling to the song? if she wait til the next generation to do this kinda of stuff, she would be too old and won't have the looks anymore. it dont matter if she do it in this generation or the next, there will always be people criticizing about these kind of things.
We never know if it was her or the directors idea to do this. But even if it were her idea, as the director, they should deny it. What does a girl in a bikini modeling have to do with the fricken song? The song is supposed to be sad, not a girl swimming for the horny bastards out there. If they want to make a good music video, they need to read the lyrics again and see if the music video matches the song. When I said wait till the next gen to do this, I didn't mean Maiv Lis Thoj. I meant everyone in general. We all know that Hmong people are not ready for this kind of stuff yet.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Oh yeah, wtf?????
It's so stupid how the song is sad and she's acting all happy & shit.
Hmong directors really need to work on their directing. They don't even
know how to direct simple stuff like this. Can't even tell that when they're
shooting a mv for a sad song, the actor should be sad, not swimming, not
smiling, not modeling, and not in a bikini.

kialakornlover

sarNie Adult
Ok, I gotta say, I think this is one of the stupid. I guess they just got bored and thought of something stupid like that. not all Hmong production are like that. But WTH! Swimming in the damn pool with bathing suit aint got nothing to do with a sad song. Not unless your in the pool going in suicidle! I don't fully understand what she is saying, but I know it's a sad song

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Ok, I gotta say, I think this is one of the stupid. I guess they just got bored and thought of something stupid like that. not all Hmong production are like that. But WTH! Swimming in the damn pool with bathing suit aint got nothing to do with a sad song. Not unless your in the pool going in suicidle! I don't fully understand what she is saying, but I know it's a sad song
Agreed

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I just got to say she's exploiting herself. Just saw the trailer she acted with Yentha in his new movie "Ib Ntsaib Muag" and they smooched and had bath scene in that one. It's disturbing to me, like I've said many times to make a movie good you don't need to strip down or make out much, please save it for x-rated movies. And everyone seem to be having plastic surgery now adays, Maiv Lis Thoj's face had changed alot since the last time I saw her in Herr's movie with Voos Yaj same goes to Ci Nas Lis, or what her name is who also co-star in Yentha's movies. Why don't they saved that money for acting, can't help much to have a pretty face but stiff and retarded acting.

I want to get this off my chest though even though it's not related to this thread, but seem that whoever casted by Doua Vang and Yentha becomes tainted with filth.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
I just got to say she's exploiting herself. Just saw the trailer she acted with Yentha in his new movie "Ib Ntsaib Muag" and they smooched and had bath scene in that one. It's disturbing to me, like I've said many times to make a movie good you don't need to strip down or make out much, please save it for x-rated movies. And everyone seem to be having plastic surgery now adays, Maiv Lis Thoj's face had changed alot since the last time I saw her in Herr's movie with Voos Yaj same goes to Ci Nas Lis, or what her name is who also co-star in Yentha's movies. Why don't they saved that money for acting, can't help much to have a pretty face but stiff and retarded acting.

I want to get this off my chest though even though it's not related to this thread, but seem that whoever casted by Doua Vang and Yentha becomes tainted with filth.
I don't like it when Hmong movies have scenes that are made for adults. It has that xob xob plaub hau feel. I know that Maiv Lis Thoj did surgery to get dimples and something for her nose. They want to do surgery to "enhance" their beauty. Doing that means more $$ from Hmong mekas. But I hope that's not how they are... And I agree, having a pretty face doesn't help you. Anyways, since we're talking about Yengtha, I CANNOT stand him. Every time I see his movie poster with him on it, I just wanna cross out his face! He's so annoying. Esp. the way he talks in his movies and how he's always the phab ej. Grr, he annoys me.