maiv liag thiab xoblaim

Fearless

sarNie Adult
Has anybody seen it? It's a really old movie. My mom was watching it yesterday so I watched it with her. It was pretty sad. I like the music. They dress kinda similar to hmong people. Does anyone know what ethnicity they are?

miss_aom_phiyada

sarNie Adult
YEAAH, I HAVE THAT MOVIE 1-3 IT PREETTY SAD AND GOOD IN ONE WAY. ANYWASE HMONG PEOPLE COPY THAT MOVIE TOO, BUT IN THE HMONG MOVIE THE PHAJ EJ IS CALLED KUB , AND THE GIRL THAT HE LIKE IS CALLED MAIV NYIAG AND THE GIRL THAT LIKED HIM IS CALLED MAIV TOOJ AND ITS ONE PART.

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
Yeah, I have this movie. But that's several years back. This is the picture on my cover:

I think it's a sad movie, because Xob Laim love Maiv Liag and she like this other dude. And this girl in the cover, she's not Maiv Laig though... She's Maiv Nag Cua. She liked Xob Laim but he liked Maiv Liag though. But it's so sad because at the end, Maiv Laig died.

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
miss_aom_phiyada said:
YEAAH, I HAVE THAT MOVIE 1-3 IT PREETTY SAD AND GOOD IN ONE WAY. ANYWASE HMONG PEOPLE COPY THAT MOVIE TOO, BUT IN THE HMONG MOVIE THE PHAJ EJ IS CALLED KUB , AND THE GIRL THAT HE LIKE IS CALLED MAIV NYIAG AND THE GIRL THAT LIKED HIM IS CALLED MAIV TOOJ AND ITS ONE PART.
[post="98905"][/post]​
Yeah! :shocked: I have that movie too! But i give it off to my cousins from thailand. I don't really like how the hmong people did it, because it's not as good...Maybe it's because there's not a lot of people and if i hadn't seen the thai one, i wouldn't know what the hmong movie's about...LOL.... :lmao:

Fearless

sarNie Adult
here's the story line.

There are two n'ek. One is maiv liag and one is maiv nag. And the p'ek is xoblaim. He likes maiv liag but she doesn't like him. And maiv nag likes him but he doesn't like her. One day there is a guy from the city who came to their village to be a teacher. Maiv liag saw him and fell in love with him. He seduces her and wants to take her to the city to find a job. Everyone in the village including xoblaim are against it saying that he just want to use her but she insists on going. Xoblaim tries to stop them but couldn't. When they got to Bangkok he took her to a hotel. He drugged her and let his boss sleep with her. She woke up finding herself naked and money on the table. The teacher guy was nowhere to be found. She went to look for him and finally found his address. When she got to his house she found out that he was already married so she left and went back to her village. Her brother was locked up during that time and was released right after she came back so he knew nothing about it thinking his little sister is still innocent. . A couple weeks later she starts throwing up and her brother became suspicious. Later on he found that she was pregnant and asks her who the father was but she said she didn't know. He got angry and said that she was a disgrace so he kicked her out. It was raining really hard that might and there was a flood. Maiv liag fell into the flood and was washed away. The next day maiv liag sister-in-law was worried so she told maiv liag brother to go search for her but they couldn't find her. During that time, xoblaim was being accused of having illegal alcohol and was being chased by the police. So now he is in the hide out. One night, he went to see maiv nag and told her where he was staying and he also asked her to look after his parents. She told him that maiv liag was kicked out and went missing. Everyday maiv nag would bring xoblaim food and take care of his parents. She was always there for him so they became close and he started to like her. Xoblaim heard news that maiv liag brother, sister-in-law, and their kids were all shot and killed by the bad people. I think the same people that accused him. One day, xoblaim was outside the cave, that's his hide out, and was wandering around he saw maiv liag body floating in the water. She was wet and cold but was still alive. He took her to his cave and warmed her up. When she woke up she realized that xoblaim was the one that saved her. He asked her what happened and how she ended up there. She told him what happened. She looks around and asked him where they are. He told her that they are in a cave. She asked him why they are in a cave and he told her what happened. She feels bad and blames everything on herself and asked for forgiveness. He told her not to worry and that she does not owe him an apology. She asked about her brother, sister-in-law, and their kids. She wants to see but xoblaim had to tell her the truth that they all died. She was devastated. The teacher guy came back to their village and now he tries to seduce maiv nag but she didn't like him. The next day, she went to visit xoblaim but saw him holding maiv liag and she overheard him telling her that he loved her. Maiv nag was heartbroken so she went to the teacher guy and told him that she decided to go with him just as long as he takes her faraway. maiv liag's health was getting worse and right at that same time xobaaim's friend came and told him that maiv nag is leaving with the teacher guy. He said that he tried to stop her but couldn't. xoblaim was angry. He wasn't going to let maiv nag's life be ruined too so he told his friend to look after maiv liag while he go stop maiv nag. They were just leaving when he got there. He tried to stop them but the teacher guy had a gun. xob laim and the teacher guy fought over the gun and the gun accidentally went off on the teacher guy and killed him. Xoblaim and maiv nag ran to the cave just in time because maiv liag was dying. The friend went to get his truck and they were going to take her to the hospital but unfortunately there were trees blocking the road and they couldn't move the trees. It was too late anyways because she died. They buried her body and said some prayers for her. Xoblaim and maiv nag got together at that end and went to a faraway place and was going to come back later for his parents. The end.

leek18

sarNie Adult
well i never heard this movie b 4 but it sounds good. the ethinicity is mien "cos" because the girl in the picture wear some mien clothes so it was a mien movie

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
oh..:( i haven't seen it.. so there's a thai and a hmong version?

kewl.. i want to see the thai version.. it probably good... :)

Fearless

sarNie Adult
rainie_vang said:
OH, actually, they're thai...thai pretending to be mien...
[post="99826"][/post]​

I knew that they were Thai... but I was wondering what ethnicity they were playing as in the movie.

Ym_gurl, the movie is actually pretty good. You should watch it when you get a chance. It's really sad too.

shattered soul

sarNie Elites
i saw diz series too and the hmong version too but the hmong p'ek is toooo skinny lol
their ethnicit is mein or wut we call co

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
i saw this moive a long long time ago, when i was very young. the original version was pretty long, but the hmong version was put into three parts, the hmong cover is exactly like the photo that rainie_vang posted. i thought it was an okay series... i really like the pa-ek's name; xoblaim.

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
OH, i use to have the movie and the cover, but i as i say, i give it to my cousins frum thailand.

But in the hmong movie, the girl playing the role of maiv liag is not to be mean but kinda fat.