[Mainland] The Romance of Hua Rong

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am currently watching this as I wait for Crash Landing on You and the other two lakorn that I am currently watching. Actually to be honest, I am currently watching like 15 dramas at the moment. I switched off when I get bored. Like if a character irks me, I will have to pause and watch something else lmao

fun

Expired Sarnie
I finished it! I did a lot of FF during the middle of the show. I heard there was going to be a season 2... it is unnecessary to have another season. The actress that played Hong Rua is gorgeous but her acting was terrible and on top of that, her character was annoying.

I did enjoy the drama overall. You just got to turn off your brain cell. A lot of fluff especially coming from the male lead. He started off annoying by forcing her into marrying him and keeping her captivated. But other than that, he is such a sweetheart, always giving in to her.

sarN

sarNie Granny
I like it . The heroin cute & funny LOL. I like the Hero's right man, the one with bushy eyebrows, everytime i see him i crack up so bad .

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Just starting on this because I have way too many dramas I am rotated. She's a cutie but her voice is so freaking annoying. I wonder if it's dubbed? But the girl comes across like she irritated all the time lol. I do like their relationship in a sense because she always tey to outsmart him but he's just smarter than her hahhaha. It's light drama that doesn't need to be taken seriously. I watched one dramatic drama then have to watch something that's the opposite to relax myself.

sarN

sarNie Granny
I think all chinese drama have the same voice lol , it seem like all female voice sound like that

fun

Expired Sarnie
I like all of Qin Shang Cheng's crew lol They were entertaining to watch. Qin and his people were way too OP. They were always 10 steps before their enemy.

My ratings for this would be 5.5 overall. I don't think it is worth to rewatch but something to pass time with. I just really love when a male lead is resolute in his feelings toward the female lead and he makes it well known too lol

I would recommend Dr. Cutie. It is hilarious!!! And the female lead is so much more bearable than Hua Rong. Sarn I think you would really enjoy the novel version of Dr. Cutie (link to novel down below). I swear it is your cup of tea!!! The drama made a lot of changes but it is still funny.

Don't mind the summary. The review was what made me read it in the first place. Hands down one of my favorite gender bender cnovel.

Last edited:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Im watching Dr. Cute but at a slow pace b/c i have so many other drama , comic ,novel, event planning , boys chasing , working , toes counting , what eat the next day , ect , ect to do everyday just to keep myself kicking and breathing ;)

fun

Expired Sarnie
Im watching Dr. Cute but at a slow pace b/c i have so many other drama , comic ,novel, event planning , boys chasing , working , toes counting , what eat the next day , ect , ect to do everyday just to keep myself kicking and breathing ;)
Did you contact Darv? A lot of people want to change their icon photo. There is a thread for it, I don't think you have seen it or else you would have commented lol

If you have time, read the novel of Dr. Cutie. Kind of SMUT-ish too.

sarN

sarNie Granny
I text him already. He usually read my text LOL. I will try to make time to read it . I have so much to read and watch at night , girl, im a zombie now

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Girl get really annoying as the drama goes on lol. And I like the ML better when he's the stern, no nonsense Pirate King hahhaha. And it also makes his smile more valuable when he flashes them once in a while. When he was trying to win her over his character seemed to changed overnight. I am FF a bit.

Some female voices are tolerable and I find it matches the actress. This voice, is hard to listen to. She's always one line short of yelling lol.