[Mainland] Swordsman (CCTV)

fun

Expired Sarnie
I really really really really really want to watch this but english sub is extremely slow. I am thankful for awesome subbers but omg this is killing me. I love love love love Qiao En. She is so bada$$ and definitely stealing the show. 2 episode in and I am sold. Solid. I don't know what to do! I am so tempted to watch the rest but I really want to understand. It's not like lakorns where I can sit and watch it through without subtitles.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Well this remake is completely different LOL like literally. The only similarity is names HAHA. 

mia07

Introvert
Since I haven't seen any of the SM films, this story will be new to me. I read the storylines of SM to get a better understanding though. Gosh, seems like Wallace never age. He is so hot!! So far so good... Will continue to watch and await this while I watch XYS. The clothes are so colorful yet so pretty. Wallace really match them!! :)

fun

Expired Sarnie
Haha I don't know what went wrong. I suddenly lost interest at episode 10.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
so far I was watching this with my bf episode 1-4 and all I gotta say is I'm pretty dissappointed....comparing it to Parts 1 and 2 of the movies (Sam Hui & Jet Li)...

Ling isn't suppose to have a "Thing" for his Martial sister or whatever. He doesn't even look her in that way. And umm, I don't blame the actors or the actresses, but his Martial sister, isn't she suppose to be a tom boy?? Not a feminine girly girl? I mean the actress is pretty for his sister, but...can't they make her act more...of a....tomboy gal? or should I say dress up more like one? Gosh..but I guess a remake is suppose to take a different turn I guess....And man, they made Ling a whole different character...naughty and witty, but only still made him a womanizer and a alchoholic..

The only thing I like so far is Qiao En and Wallace. Qiao En is really amazing so far....and the actor for Lam Ping Ji is kinda cute. LOL but besides this...man this remake got killled....

mia07

Introvert
I think his Martial Art Sister (Yang Rong) is pretty cute and they looked good together, but felt really bad that Wallace had to witness her and Lam Ping Zhi had a thing. Thank goodness for Joe Chen but sadly, Ling was a dummy. RYY was not even that attractive. =/ The guy that plays Lam Ping Zhi will play as Yang Guo in ROCH 2014.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
oh nice. lol but wth, they remkaing Roch again? hahaha too much remakes as always...

I think the lady who plays the Nun in this one is kinda cute...LOL I think she plays Crown Princess in Mystery in the palace. lol but man watching so far, Ling's sister gets on my nerve. She didn't know that her father blamed everything on Ling and almost try to kill him too. UGH she deserved death....LOL no offense. XD Yea Ren Ying Ying isn't that pretty.

mia07

Introvert
IKR? LOL. But yeah, ROCH will be remade again and it's by the same director of this Swordsman. Yang Rong will also appear in here, too, and plays as Mei Chaofeng who has a thing for her teacher, Huang Yaoshi, I think. Everything is really weird and not according to the novel anymore. Haha. But damn you know Li Mochou is really hot and sexy, better looking than the girl that plays as Xiaolongnu sadly, but lets save it for another day since it's unrelated to Swordsman. LOL.

I sort of just skim thru this a bit and didn't really finish it either but Joe Chen is really pretty dress as a woman. I still don't know why all their outfits were so colorful though? LOL. Is that the fasion phase these days in ancient dramas or maybe it's just the director's dramas because he has been using mostly colorful clothings and younger generation/adults to play every role, even as elders? =/

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
hahaha if They make Li MoChou hotter than XLN then how the heck is that going to make sense when everyone liking XLN and noone paying attention to Li Mochou. XD I think I'm done with remakes. Liu Yi Fei and Huang Xiao Ming's Roch almost killed me....lol

But anyways, man (Joe Chan) Dong Fang Bu Bai really loves Ling but he's so blind...he only wants to stay with Ren Ying Ying....I wonder if she died or not at the end though..since she was just put in the lake and her eyes opened at the end....My bf thinks she died but I'm not sure. Was reading another topic on that on another forum and the person says she might've not died cause she's the one who came up with the poison so obviously she knows the cure even when she says there's no cure and gave heart to Ying Ying. Might be too. lol Who knows...but all I gotta say is this remake was horrible. lol Ling does not have a thing for his sister, nor did he get hurt by gals, he was the one that didn't like them and made them hurt. LOL So sad....

but anyways, I thought the guy who played Ling pin zhi was Enuch wan in Mystery in the palace but turns out they're different guys. LOL They look and sound similar....Chen Xiao and Ayoko Chen. lol

mia07

Introvert
Lol actually you can say that most if not all the girls in the series look better than XLN sadly but who knows, she might look good in action. And the rape scene is not from desire but from poison which requires the eunch dude to sleep with XLN. Hahaha wtf? Ok I seriously shall create a topic of ROCH 2014 lol

No matter if the series is bad or not, I am only watching for the casts so if Wallace wasn't in here, I wouldn't knew it existed. Ummm I heard ppl say that she didn't die. I guess its an open ending?

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
okay, start on ROCH 2014. lol 

UGH, I'm just so dissapointed in this remake. It's horrible. LIng is suppose to hurt women, not on purpose, but you know...not  get hurt by women. LOL They made his character weak...ugh..but I'm happy enough that at least his character is smart in a way. But yea I suppose they left it as an open ended. I think she didn't die...she loves him so much...but heck, he chose Ying Ying....Egh...Ying Ying..lol

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I've been watching random videos of Wallace and Joe Chen but.. I still didn't really want to start on this one... then I stumbled on the Swordsman online promo video and gahhhhh!!!!!  It's totally unrelated to this drama version but.... Chen Qiao En is so freaken beautiful!!!!!  Obviously there's a different in qualities made but man... She looks so darn great that I want to watch the drama now... eeeek!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2kXkygBztM

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I've read many bad reviews on this one so perhaps I'll watch it when I've run out of Wallace dramas to watch. HEHE.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ I've read many reviews too, some pos, neg, and mixed reviews.  I actually kind of just want to watch it for Wallace and Qiao En <3 <3 <3

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
aikoden said:
^ I've read many reviews too, some pos, neg, and mixed reviews.  I actually kind of just want to watch it for Wallace and Qiao En <3 <3 <3

I want to watch it for Wallce too.