[Mainland] Swordsman (CCTV)

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
CREDITS: AncientChinese.net Forum & Wiki!!!!
link: [URL="http://www.ancientch...php?topic=432.0"]http://www.ancientch...php?topic=432.0[/url]

Title: 笑傲江湖 / Xiao Ao Jiang Hu
English title: Swordsman
Also known as: State of Divinity / The Smiling, Proud Wanderer
Genre: Wuxia
Episodes: TBA
Broadcast network: TBA
Broadcast period: TBA

Synopsis
Xiao Ao Jiang Hu is a wuxia novel by Jin Yong. The story is about friendship and love, deception and betrayal, ambition and lust for power. In the middle of it all is, Ling Hu Chong, an orphan who is the senior student of Yue Buqun, leader of Huashan Sect, and the protagonist of the story. The story deals with his journey and development as a swordsman and his witness to the various intrigues which take place in the martial world of the story.

Cast
Wallace Huo as Linghu Chong
Yuan Shan Shan as Ren Ying Ying
Chen Qiao En as Dong Fang Bu Bai
Howie Huang as Yue Bu Qun
Yang Rong as Yue Ling Shan
Chen Xiao as Lin Ping Zhi
Han Dong as Tian Bo Guang
Deng Sha as Yi Lin
Wang Lin as Madam Wang (Lin Ping Zhi's mother)
Kou Zhen Hai as Lin Zhen Nan
Zong Feng Yan as Liu Zheng Feng
He Jia Yi as Ding Yi
Zhang Zhuo Wen as Lu Da You
Lv Jia Rong as Lan Feng Huang
Tian Yang as Ji Wu Shi
Dicky Cheung as Hei Bai Zi
Hei Zi as Ren Wo Xing
Hu Dong as Zuo Leng Chan
Guo Dong Dong as Gu Tong
Wang Shuang as Bai Ying
Cheng Cheng as Lao De Nuo
Yang Ming Na as Ning Zhong Ze
Bryan Leung as Feng Qing Yang
Zhang Xue Ying as Qu Fei Yang
Zheng Guo Lin as Qu Yang
Li Yao Jing as Yu Cang Hai
Wang Ren Jun as Ping Yi Zhi

Production Credits
Original writing (novel): Xiao Ao Jiang Hu (笑傲江湖) by Jin Yong (金庸)
Producer: Yu Zheng
Director: Hu Yi Juan

source: [URL="http://wiki.d-addict...o_Jiang_Hu_2012"]http://wiki.d-addict...o_Jiang_Hu_2012[/url]

OMG why's there so many series coming out this year....this one looks interesting too..I might watch this one b/c I've seen Jet Li's Swordsman and I'm just curious to see if it's the same. Hopefully it won't be too disappointing.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
ooooo... wallace is looking good!!! :D
but yes, i'm also curious if it's the same as jet's or different..

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
I haven't followed up with Chinese fandom in so long but wahhh, another remake? The only version I liked was TVB's 1996 one with Jacky. Hopefully this one is decent since they have a really good cast.

K&K

sarNie Juvenile
bad bad bad bad that producer i forget his name, but he tries to remake classic dramas to be like idol drama serious? this is ancient dude what's up with all the colorful costumes OMG terrible

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
bad bad bad bad that producer i forget his name, but he tries to remake classic dramas to be like idol drama serious? this is ancient dude what's up with all the colorful costumes OMG terrible
OMG I was about to bring that up too. I only seen the movie parts of Jet Li and Sam Hui. From what I see, it's suppose to deal with Miao but the costume don't really look Miao at all....or they did they change the story around? XD really wierd. I haven't been watching these series for awhile but if I do watch this, I want to see if Wallace will be able to play out the carefree and lady killer kind of character of Ling Wu Chung. ^^

fun

Expired Sarnie
this is fictional. its not like it is base of a real life character and events. sure the time period and history will be the backdrop but everything else would be pure fictional. I actually like the outfits.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
OMG i'm excited now. lol are they going to use the same song? Can't wait...they started filming around march 24th already...
when will it be OUT! This make me miss Jet LI and Sam Hui's one movie part version. I'mma rewatch it tonight. :)

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am looking forward to this because it will completely be 70 percent Louis Cha and 30 percent the scriptwriter/producer/director LOL But I feel like it is more of the other way around. They completely changed the story line. 

I am rooting for Wallace and Qiao En!!! OMG that way I feel more at ease. When I was watching Jet Li version, I shipped him with Bridgette Lin LOL but I was in a dilemma. He castrated himself and turned into a girl. Haha it will always be on my mind.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
aww, they changed the storyline?? Well, I'm not use to watching these series with newer actors and actresses since i haven't watched chinese series in awhile. Lol

I'm excited for this one. Hopefully it'll be good.

fun

Expired Sarnie
They made a few changes. Linghu love interest will be Dongfang Bubai. Dongfang Bubai is not a man who castrate himself but he is really a girl disguising as a man LOL I hope you followed through with what I just wrote keke,

mia07

Introvert
Looking back at their outfits are quite colorful. Reminds me of Michelle and Raymonds upcoming series, Purple Hairpin. Kinda wish Wallace played in Dao Mo Yao with Hu Ge and Shi Shi, but its cool. More GeShi. :)

Uhhh... Blonde hair on Wallace? Yay or nay??