[Mainland] Skate into Love: Janice Wu/Zhang Xincheng

fun

Expired Sarnie
The love line is so messy in here. We got the two lead liking each other, and then they each have a friend who is crushing on them. On top of that, an old crush and a conniving bitch into the mix. Headache!

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
I am currently watching this. It's pretty cute.

The outside factors aren't as annoying as what other dramas have.

I like that FL is strong and decisive.

I feel bad for Yuewei (ML bff), who has a crush on ML. It's tough being a wingman for your crush.

Reactions: fun

x0unerthanlater

Tang Xue should have just told Yubing why she was absent every time she goes to support Yu Yan. It was pointless and negligent on her part. She didn't like Yubing lying to her but she does the exact same thing. Omitting is equal to lying in my book. Especially if telling the truth wouldn't even hurt those involved. It wasn't like Yubing was going to expose Yu Yan. :rolleyes:

Why do Chinese dramas like to create break up scenes?

Reactions: fun

x0unerthanlater

I don't understand Bian Cheng's animosity towards Yubing. They literally never had a full on conversation before.

It was just Bian Cheng being jealous and envious of Yubing. I don't think he even genuinely liked Tang Xue. He just wanted to prove that he could still make Tang Xue like him again. He's overly confident and has too much ego.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have returned back to work therefore I am behind. I didn't expect this to have more than 24 episodes. I am currently at episode 21 and it's waning. Instead of focusing on the love square, they need to shift back to the sports.

All the characters are dishonest at one point and I hate it when they chide each other over it. Like for goodness sake just forgive each other. Okay well... it just depends on the lie. In Yubing case, he should have just came clean when they headed back home during their school break and it's not like he started the lie.

Last edited:

fun

Expired Sarnie
Wo shi ai ni and wo ai ni is completely two different meaning which is one of my biggest pet peeve when translator translate wo shi ai ni to "i love you" instead of "I like (like) you"

Sorry for the little rant, I had to get it off my chest lol

x0unerthanlater

Honestly though, Yubing was like 12 when he didn't want to go to the same highschool. Plus, it wasn't like he didn't try to open up to her. He was interrupted every time. Granted it's a drama and they didn't want him to just yell out the truth. Lol

And wasn't it Tang Xue's father who made up the fake excuse that Yubing's parents divorced? (I kinda ff this part)

fun

Expired Sarnie
And wasn't it Tang Xue's father who made up the fake excuse that Yubing's parents divorced? (I kinda ff this part)
Yes, you are right, it was her father. Now he is just being ridiculous for holding a grudge/bias against Yu Bing when he was just a child then. And his daughter was in fact a bully.

I take back what I said about the drama loosing its mojo lol Glad they didn't prolong the situation. Big brownie points to Tang Xue for admitting she went overboard (bullying) during their primary school years. But I also wanted Yu Bing to let her know that she had also inspired him to like skating on ice.

I am currently at episode 24 and I am frustrated with figure skating boy! Journalists boy and figure skating boy have something in common. They are not considerate of Tang Xue. I was disappointed in Yu Yan when he did his little interview. He publicly announced his ambiguous relationship with Tang Xue, making it a violation of her privacy. I say ambigous because people are gossiping. I can understand Yu Bing anger. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid out of jealousy.

Edit: Again I take back what I said. He did indeed do something stupid.

x0unerthanlater

Tang Xue's dad was overly dramatic. He acted like Yubing was the one that did the bullying.

read spoiler if you've seen up to ep. 30+ (unless you like spoiling yourself) :celebrate16:
He's so forgiving to Bian Cheng. :facepalm:After all that boy did (eps. 30+)... I cannot.

One of the reasons I started this was because I saw someone commented about how the problems the leads have don't last long.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Tang Xue's dad was overly dramatic. He acted like Yubing was the one that did the bullying.

read spoiler if you've seen up to ep. 30+ (unless you like spoiling yourself) :celebrate16:
He's so forgiving to Bian Cheng. :facepalm:After all that boy did (eps. 30+)... I cannot.

One of the reasons I started this was because I saw someone commented about how the problems the leads have don't last long.
I don't mind spoilers. Ah I really won't be able to tolerate her dad when it happens.

Janice is quite good at picking roles. I like her character in almost all her drama.

Wonder why it is so hard for Bian Cheng to back off. Tang Xue literally rejected him twice. He lost his chance! Yu Bing on the other hand got lucky he was given a second chance, thanks to him. And sadly Yu Yan didn't get a chance at all. Even without YB and BC, YY still wouldn't have the opportunity. Poor YY

x0unerthanlater

I feel bad for YY too but I don't think he's ready for a relationship. He still has to go through with his life struggles and mature a bit. He's been overprotected too long by his mother.
Things will start happening after ep. 32 which will help the characters develope more. YY to me is dependant on TX. Luckily he's still likeable after things are cleared up.

BC is a lost cause. He gets too obsessed with YB. You'd think he was actually TX's ex or something by the way he was acting.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have finally finished this!!! I picked up extra shift (more like I was forced lol) I have eye strain from being on the computer 10 plus hours a day and lack of sleep so I have been putting the last 8 episode.

Although I believe the director and writer gave too much screen time for side characters, I enjoyed seeing them grow individually. They served a purpose except for Bian Cheng. He isn't really a bad guy, just someone really annoying. Zhou Ran was annoying but as the story progressed, you see why she is the way she is.

I have seen better Chinese youth drama but this was still good. Anyway why can't we get quality youth lakorn like this!

x0unerthanlater

@fun The only quality youth lakorn(s) I really enjoyed were, Wai Rai Freshy (w/d2b) and Benja Kita Kwarm Rak (Melody of Love).

The newer stuff just doesn't interest me...

fun

Expired Sarnie
@fun The only quality youth lakorn(s) I really enjoyed were, Wai Rai Freshy (w/d2b) and Benja Kita Kwarm Rak (Melody of Love).

The newer stuff just doesn't interest me...
Benja Keta Kwarm Ruk was my obsession. Loved Wai Rai Freshly too.

There was Nam Sai Jai Jing 1994 and Aroon Sawad 1992. Goodness sake, these aired when I was still a child! I don't even remember how I remember them hahahahahaha

x0unerthanlater

Benja Keta Kwarm Ruk was my obsession. Loved Wai Rai Freshly too.

There was Nam Sai Jai Jing 1994 and Aroon Sawad 1992. Goodness sake, these aired when I was still a child! I don't even remember how I remember them hahahahahaha
Oh whoaaa 92 & 94 I definitely don't know those. I was barely a toddler. Goes to show they don't make youth lakorns like that anymore. They have some modern ones but nothing memorable.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Oh whoaaa 92 & 94 I definitely don't know those. I was barely a toddler. Goes to show they don't make youth lakorns like that anymore. They have some modern ones but nothing memorable.
I tried watching a bunch of GMM (all their subsidiaries) and TRUE highschool/youth lakorn, actually I think I could say I tried every single one of them. Hormones and Happy Birthday are probably the two closest one that are worthy of a "golden globe nomination". If you know happen to catch any good ones with or without eng sub, let me know.

I was still a baby when those lakorn aired. I think if I had continue to watch lakorn, I would have been able to understand 50% Thai lol It has dwindled down to 5% I actually know more Mandarin than Thai now.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@Ntsuab-Ci, I recommend this C-drama is you haven't seen it. The leads are strong and have so much chemistry! This is my 2nd drama of Steven Zhang and I'm so in love with him atm. And the ost in this drama are very good as well!