[Mainland] ROCH

fun

Expired Sarnie
This will air after DMY on Dec 3. DMY isn't doing so well with raings. PoorTong Hua novel ruined, I dropped om the 5th episode. I guess even ShiShi star power did no good. I don't even know how well this will receive. I find it so ironic that a Yu Zheng drama will replace Tong Hua.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ I thought it would do well.... I'm still only on the first ep lmao... because I took a pause... *coughcough*

Anyways.. I stumbled upon the trailer again... and was disappointed again..  I'm sorry Michelle just doesn't cut it for XLN's character... she is like supposed to be a beauty.. I just can't sense any aura from Michelle... Her character looks dead onscreen.. ahhhhhhhhh...  I'm totally gonna make a pass.

ldfajlfkasdjfaksldjfaoijga;igjaldflksadjfa;oiwejfawkvmlkqemerlv;oanebqpom'/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Reactions: fun

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
i started watching it and i actually like michelle, the main girl...she is a natural beauty with not too much make-up..i don't know why a lot of people are against her as XLN...i've watched some of her and yang guo(forgot his real name) clips on youtube she is very cute and pretty naturally.

http://youtu.be/gKeEU9TD9f8

surprised to find out that the main couple actually sing this song...i loved this song since the first time i heard it in the ep...but didn't know they sing it.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ Aigoo, Chen Xiao has a great voice, Michelle too.  He's so handsome.

I don't hate her or anything, I actually like her from some of her films.. but it's just that I know what kind of character XLN is supposed to be... hence I was disppointed in the hair and her make-over etc... XLN isn't supposed to be cutesy and stuff.. she's supposed to be a beauty... like goddess-like in a way... yet also cold and stern as well, let alone powerful.  Even though she's like that, she still carries a form of elegance...  (Well, that's my interpretation of her character from past dramas)   I just didn't get that vibe from her in the trailers and such..

I said I'm skipping this but, I might just have to watch a few eps to see if she'll prove me wrong otherwise...

fun

Expired Sarnie
If you have ever read the translated version, watched all the remakes in the past, Michelle doesn't fit XLN. I don't think she is ugly or fat like most people describe her as. Plus the person behind this project is Yu Zheng. He is quite a controversial man lol You don't want to know how many Chinese classic he has ruined. He has also plagiarized many works of others. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Haha OMG this is so entertaining yet makes my blood boil. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4_iMjCz2HI

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]They are so mean. I thought they were exaggerating Michelle's performance so I tried a few episode. But not to sound mean but I can understand why people are fusing. It really doesn't take much to act as XLN since she's very robotic and cold. I am enraged that XLN is written as a joke. I don't know if it is Michelle's fault or Yu Zheng but XLN doesn't act cute!!! She's emotionless... I believe Michelle lied when she said she read the book lol Her hair style and wardrobe doesn't help either. I know remakes are bound to have differences but you cannot change one's character 180 degree, especially when they are an icon in Wuxia history and play a vital part in driving the story.[/SIZE]

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
The return of condor heroes 1995 has the best XLN & YG! Too bad Carmen & Louis never pair up again. This is my favorite wuxia drama! XLN & YG overcame the taboo of teacher & student falling in love & old woman falling in love with younger guy & vice versa.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
fun said:

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]They are so mean. I thought they were exaggerating Michelle's performance so I tried a few episode. But not to sound mean but I can understand why people are fusing. It really doesn't take much to act as XLN since she's very robotic and cold. I am enraged that XLN is written as a joke. I don't know if it is Michelle's fault or Yu Zheng but XLN doesn't act cute!!! She's emotionless... I believe Michelle lied when she said she read the book lol Her hair style and wardrobe doesn't help either. I know remakes are bound to have differences but you cannot change one's character 180 degree, especially when they are an icon in Wuxia history and play a vital part in driving the story.[/SIZE]

Wow, just seeing that clip... oh my goodness... Seeing a happy/cheery XLN... I... I can't anymore... because it's throwing off the story if you know the story/novel... I... I... I don't know what to say.  The character is no longer XLN but a different character.  wow....

Ms.Zoe

XLN is also mature. Cute & bubbly are not her characteristics. Her wardrobe, hairstyle, & accessories should not be over the top glamorous. 1995 version has the best ost songs and the storyline is spot on, no additional unnecessary scenes, no fairy tale kind of scenes, blah. Carmen & Louis are age appropriate for the roles. Hehe I'm so bias. So many good dialogues between them. YG in 1995 version is my kind of guy! Lol

fun said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4_iMjCz2HI

They are so mean. I thought they were exaggerating Michelle's performance so I tried a few episode. But not to sound mean but I can understand why people are fusing. It really doesn't take much to act as XLN since she's very robotic and cold. I am enraged that XLN is written as a joke. I don't know if it is Michelle's fault or Yu Zheng but XLN doesn't act cute!!! She's emotionless... I believe Michelle lied when she said she read the book lol Her hair style and wardrobe doesn't help either. I know remakes are bound to have differences but you cannot change one's character 180 degree, especially when they are an icon in Wuxia history and play a vital part in driving the story.

sarN

sarNie Granny
I love the 95' version , Carmen had like 4 expression the whole time & 2 short smile & I love her stare off the distance look , she doesn't look at anyone who talk to her lol . She had eye only for YG . The lastest version ruin XLN character, XLN live in a cave ALL her life , not expose to sunlight and eat honey all day therefore her beauty is timeless 18 year old, she is pale , cold , expressionless and she never cry , even when that grandma that raise XLN die she didn't even feel sad. Carmen nail it.

Ms.Zoe

Lol....I like your description of XLN, so funny - live in a cave & eat honey all day reminds me of bears (would like to be a bear during this cold weather lol). I want to add that she also sometimes sleep on that ice cold rock bed, no wonder she is cold :bhehe: and she could control bees, I guess she is a queen bee ;)

sarN said:
I love the 95' version , Carmen had like 4 expression the whole time & 2 short smile & I love her stare off the distance look , she doesn't look at anyone who talk to her lol . She had eye only for YG . The lastest version ruin XLN character, XLN live in a cave ALL her life , not expose to sunlight and eat honey all day therefore her beauty is timeless 18 year old, she is pale , cold , expressionless and she never cry , even when that grandma that raise XLN die she didn't even feel sad. Carmen nail it.

sarN

sarNie Granny
She raise bee for its honey and that all she eat lol the poor girl! She suppose to be 22 & YG 18 , they were separate for 16 years , make them 38 & 34 but according to the novel she never age but YG did w/ gray hair.

fun

Expired Sarnie
The best XLN is definitely Carmen, it was a treat to see her smile because she hardly did. But I find Crystal the prettier XLN. Although Idy is the least attractive among Carmen and Crystal, but she was the better actress. Too bad the 2014 version didn't smash the 3 together. 

I wanted to watch the Singaporean version but there's no sub nor can I find the raw drama. Has anyone seen the Richie Ren version?

sarN

sarNie Granny
I saw most of the version and yes , richie ren tooo!! In that one XNL dress in BLACK instead of white and she was so modern looking but I love Richie as YG , he was cute to me and his other work " State of Divinity" was my favorite !! Crystal was beautiful but I can't get over YG in that version HAHA he was like a big bear and doesn't have the youth,naught, cheerfully vibe of YG. Honestly, though 95' have the best XNL & YG but the 99' version w / Chris&Fann was the saddest of all. I cry my eye outtt!! Especially , how they went on to describe the rape scene by that one evil dude . They added more line in this version lol .I was annoyed with XNL micky mouse hair style but her & Christ sizzle on screen , I follow their work together after this series and their 'white snake" series was good too.

Ms.Zoe

But hey, eating honey kept her young, then good for her, that is her beauty secret :loool:.

Yea, when they met again after 16 years apart, YG said he had aged and she had not then she replied "you did not become old, you had matured" (how I interpret the 1995 version) :wub:

I realized that Chen Xiao (born in 1987) and Michelle Chen (born in 1983, but she looks younger than him, probably her light skinned & round face helps her looks young) are 4 years apart in real life like XLN & YQ.

sarN said:
She raise bee for its honey and that all she eat lol the poor girl! She suppose to be 22 & YG 18 , they were separate for 16 years , make them 38 & 34 but according to the novel she never age but YG did w/ gray hair.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Yes!! When you think about their personality it's like night & day. When XNL ask YG does he love her (after the rape) or had he ever thought of wanting her to be his wife, he told her no , she is his teacher and then she left him. YG didn't know what love were and was completely lost . It was his adventures w/o XNL that make him realize no body care & love him like XNL and that when he remember the love confession and realize his mistake.

Ms.Zoe

Yes, it was also like a misunderstanding. XLN thought he was the one who took her virginity (she has that mark on her forearm, it disappeared when she lost it) so if he took it then that means she belongs with him. Plus, she does not understand or know that teacher & student could not love each other, whereas YG, he knows (I absolutely think so) & besides that she was not being clear about what just happened to her. The poor guy was clueless. So she fell in love with him first and he fell in love with her after realizing that she is the only person in the world who loves & cares for him most (redundant here ^_^). And he did not give a care if others are against their love for each other. You go :cheer: YG.

Also before loving XLN, I think YG is a mild playboy. He would talk & smile to the ladies. The ladies still like him after he loves XLN, it is like almost all the ladies in the story like him :bhehe:, even that young girl whose age could be his daughter, she likes him too  ^_^ (forgot her name).

sarN

sarNie Granny
He was a charmer but to him nobody is beautiful than XNL . I believe she love him before that . When a man willing to die for her is when she leave the cave , that was the promise the teacher make her do when she was young. XNL had one weakness, she fear the outside world and YG understand this because when they left the cave he was going take her to explore the world but she told him their kung-fu might not be strong enough and need more training , he agreed but he already knew why. After she left YG because of the rejection she went back to look for him , she know YG love freedom and thought being w/ her mean lack of it , she willing to set a side her fear and agreed to his term, she said many time, it doesn't matter where or what YG 's want , as long as she with him is what important.