[Mainland] Princess Agents (2017)

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
There should be another separation after they reunited LOL , this time she thought he was dead but he survived & live on for several more years til she found out he was alive but in the drama they might change it , I pray tho loll . It took over 10 year or so til they become a couple , into their early 30 & 40 , the book was about war beweent kingdom & rebuilding a nation , therefore years and years pass. Honestly , I thought the Prince was the hero because it was about his struggle for revenge & getting his empire back with XE fighting along side him for nearly 10 years as comrade & lover . WYX was more of a villain through out. But on TV they make him righteous & good , an complete 360 of his chartcher . It was one of those storyline where the villain actually got the girl .
WYX is Yuwen Yue? In the drama plot, she left the Prince (Yan Xun, right?). So in the novel, did Yan Xun changed like as the drama plot stated?

Ms.Zoe

I know! I kept talking to the screen like a crazy person. Like give him to me XE if you don't want him! lol

I think I didn't mind the 16 years separation in ROCH cause episode wise it ended up being like 3-4 episodes or something really short. Meanwhile these dramas nowadays, it's practically in real time.
I was like you too on taking Yuwen Yue since she doesn't want him but that is like I am viewing him as an object, the poor guy has suffered enough already, I just can't put more salt on his wounds :risas3:.

Yea in ROCH 95, their separation was so short, just a description "16 years later" & voila they reunited lol.

sarN

sarNie Granny
WYX is Yuwen Yue? In the drama plot, she left the Prince (Yan Xun, right?). So in the novel, did Yan Xun changed like as the drama plot stated?
In the novel . Yes. He was like the villain . The Prince was the hero, Yan Xun. Both man was love rival not friend like in the drama lol. The Prince & XE love each other & fight against WYX 's forces but the Prince became to ambitious & power hungry & kill ppl that's closest to him in fear they might be a threat to his throne, he goes against what XE & him once believe in , he changed . It's kind of weird tho , some one you love for 10 years, gone thru so much together but yet you can easily walk away and turn to love another man so fast lol , there more to it tho that build up to that point, until she finally left him .

In the drama , it's an completely different vibe. I do not feel that XE loved the Prince . The romance is clearly beweent XE & WYX. I think the prodcuer want only one love interest for the heroie .XE will leave the Prince & join force with WYX.

Ms.Zoe

In the novel . Yes. He was like the villain . The Prince was the hero, Yan Xun. Both man was love rival not friend like in the drama lol. The Prince & XE love each other & fight against WYX 's forces but the Prince became to ambitious & power hungry & kill ppl that's closest to him in fear they might be a threat to his throne, he goes against what XE & him once believe in , he changed . It's kind of weird tho , some one you love for 10 years, gone thru so much together but yet you can easily walk away and turn to love another man so fast lol , there more to it tho that build up to that point, until she finally left him .

In the drama , it's an completely different vibe. I do not feel that XE loved the Prince . The romance is clearly beweent XE & WYX. I think the prodcuer want only one love interest for the heroie .XE will leave the Prince & join force with WYX.
Well if another man is how Yuwen Yue is portrayed in the drama, shoot I would leave my bad lover in an instant :D. To love & to be loved is essential, I guess the biggest reason she left Yan Xun is because she loves him but he doesn't love her back or doesn't love her the ways she wanted to be loved so she goes for YWY who had never changed his feelings for her.

How bad is YWY in the novel anyways that he is more like a villain?

sarN

sarNie Granny
He kill & was ruthless , plot and scheme, the novel deal with slavery, lots of torture , fighting & discrimination among the upper class toward the less fortunate. The Prince wsst fun loving & cheeky but he became darker & vengeful later on . Yah Xun did use XE for his own personal gain but he fell in love with her thru the years , they love each other but his love for power was more important .

WYX started off like a villain but change into a better man for XE . She loved the Prince but I think she fall out of love LOL. She have a change of heart because during the time where power is survival and the winner become King and loser are war salve , for a man to give up those prize possession, title , family , a nation , to be with the woman he love is quite romantic & worth holding on too and WYX was all that . The Prince couldn't give up those thing and thats how the villain got the girl at the end , WYX didn't care about all those, he could not leave XE for a greater worth & would rather die fighting to protect her. I'm just summary up the story , the novel itself was lengthy, drag & boring at time, the only reason it kept my interest is because my Chinese friend kept talking about it lol.

I'm at eps 38, rat . I should had waited for another month because soon i would have to wait for the english sub for the current eps . Eps 21 up was intense , I want the misunderstanding resolve and they go back to master & the bed chamber maid LOL. It seen in the next coming eps or so the Prince is becoming evil . The romance is slooowww , it seen only WYX is in love w/ her while she blind to the obvious , its all cool , it seen like a lover 's quarrel when they meet , talk or fighting LOL . Can't wait til she find out the Prince is evil and she run back to WYX

Ms.Zoe

*Gulp, survival of the fittest, the winner becomes the king, the loser becomes the enemy. Some rise on top without blood on their hands while others don't, some will put love above all while others will not...whew I'm glad to see that YWY is a different character than the one he was in the novel.

I got to say XE is pretty lucky. I mean after leaving Yan Xun she has YWY who still love her after all those times her heart was by Yan Xun's side. I can see why YWY loves her because of her he becomes good but in the drama that isn't the reason or maybe it's lol, I need to continue watching to confirm :D.

sarN

sarNie Granny
in the drama they make WYX too good and not once had i felt he was evil ! He wasn't in the novel tho , XE & the Prince hated him but it's all good , I like WYX in the drama better hahaha , it would be hard to cheer for a leading man that's crule but at the moment XE is so annoying , she want to fight for a bigger cause by staying with the Prince , little did she know , his vengeance will destroy innocent life and make him no different than the Emperor that slaughtered his whole family. There so many thing left unanswered in the show , my head hurt lol , i have a feeling there going be time jump again because the drama is at 44 already , 14 more eps left and she still with the Prince , the romance going be the last 2 esp when she thought he was dead saving her but reappear years later ..the end:BangHead:

Ms.Zoe

You know what the funny things that this drama has are the terms master & bed chamber maid because this is the first time I ever heard of them together & the first time I ever heard of the term bed chamber maid :D. The 2 terms, we could see the different social statuses, master/owner & slave.

Although XE is YWY's bed chamber maid, I feel like she isn't really one because YWY is a nice master lol.

Gosh it would be so unfair for YWY if his romance with XE would be shown in the last 2 eps :BangHead:. Hopefully at ep 48 she knows YX is evil & leaves him for good. So that would leave us 10 eps left for her & YWY to join forces together to defeat YX & have some :icon12: romance between each other.

XE she wandered around when her true love has always been around her, right in front of her.

sarN

sarNie Granny
I think it's the translation. Men in those time period have mistresses , many wifes & harem. When u have slaves, they do serve their master in the bedroom too but in WYX 's case he held a competition just to pick out a bed partner, which is kind of funny :risas3: & XE was prepare to serve him . Rat. He could had her then lol . In the novel , WYX assume XE & the Prince was lover because they were together for so long. It was toward the end when they finally got back together, we found out she was still a virgin :facepalm: , dont know how that's possible, if i love someone , I'm sure i will jump in bed with him:risas3:

Ms.Zoe

I think XE is his choice but he couldn't say that she is his pick since she is a slave so a competition happened to search for the winner. I think he knows XE will win since he saw how she was with the wolves.

Lol but the Prince & XE will jump into bed after he gets his revenge. Thank goodness :worship2: they decided on that decision lol.

Ms.Zoe

At night YWY becomes the Dark Knight, doesn't he look like Batman, minus the mask, bat mobile & etc :D.

Cr to rightful owner

Ms.Zoe

LOL :risas3: Poor candy, YWY is jelly I see :D.

YWY threw away the candy the stranger bought for XE & bought her 2 of it but turned out she doesn't want to eat them :risas3:.

Edit: I was wrong, the stranger won the candy, he gave it to XE, YWY threw it away. XE & YWY won the bigger prize so YWY went & got 2 of the candy sticks lol.

Cr to rightful owner

Last edited:

sarN

sarNie Granny
It's obvious his feeling for her is more than slave & master , tho he trained her to be a spy and later to be kill off , according to what his grandfather instructed him to do but he never intend to go thru it, though it pain him to put on an act while seeing her being torture . If she had waited , trusted him, the out come might be difference. He even try to save her & the Prince , which cause the misunderstanding because they thought he was in on the attack to kill them. Can't wait til she switch side & come back to her mentor /master lol.

Ms.Zoe

Oh I can't wait when she returns back to her mentor/teacher/master/true lover/savior, so many addressing terms for him lol. They will need to make up for lost time. Not to forget he saved her from an arrow during that hunting for fun by those rich noblemen. His first title would be her savior lol.

Ms.Zoe

I'm slowly making progress, I'm on ep 7 now lol. So far I haven't ff any scene :clap:, took a lot of patience lol. YWY is training her on every aspect physically, mentally & emotionally. She is a rough diamond; he is the polisher, the cutter to make her shine lol. If he was to appear in real life to train me, shoot I will without a doubt endure his rough trainings :risas3:.

Ms.Zoe

I'm on ep 9. Every ep is worth to spazz about but I will try to keep my spazzings brief lol. So in ep 7, YWY had to retreat in his room to treat his typhoid problem (Eng sub has it as typhoid something, I don't know), surprisingly I thought the guy is perfectly healthy lol. Long story short XE saved him from getting killed since there were snakes & assassins coming to kill him. This scenario disciple saving master reminded me of YG saving XLN in her tombstone cave & both YWY and XLN spitting blood are so similar lol. After XE saved YWY, they were even but then YWY had to save XE once again since the heat inside her body will kill her so XE still owed YWY her life lol.

There was a scene when YWY met the King's concubine, they were outside the palace at this same place (stage scene) that if I guess correct then it is the same place (stage scene) from A Step into the Past with Louis Koo as the main male lead.

saobomp

sarNie Adult
OMG Sarn!!! Shame on you for getting me hooked with that short clips of the mentor/student lol...

Got me staying up all night watching it so i'm running on no sleep. Just wow, I haven't done that in so long. It has been too long since I've watch a good chinese series. Glad I picked it up to watch though. Enjoying it hehe. Gosh, the cold gestures towards each other boo hoo! I want to see happy ending please. I know it's hard with chinese series at times to have that.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Well, starting next week it should be good!!! No more Prince & XE :aaaaa:, dude turn EVIL & ruthless. Hope the romance beweent XE & WYX start , it would be awkwardly funny tho , she seen so fierce & annoyed with him being cheeky & tongues wagging with smart remark.