[Mainland] Prince of Lan Ling

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
I'm actually really excited for this new drama cause Ariel is back to ancient drama! Love her in ancient costume!

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Not sure if FSF can pass as the most beautiful General but I'm still looking forward to this. Especially since Ariel Lin is in it. :D

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mObDAesx2fw

Trailer doesn't look that good but seems like the love between ariel and fsf looks promising...gonna watch it still!

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
New trailer! Looks so good! Can't wait to watch it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yG7-72Inas4

fun

Expired Sarnie
fsf should have workutf he was gonna do a shirtless scene lol i dont i can watch this w a straightface lol

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I can't wait for this, I love Ariel and FSF. FSF isn't really "beautiful" lol but his characters make me look past that. Like in Gong I thought he was freaking hot based on the character he was. I guess I'm just weird like that lol

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
I saw that there wasn't any thread on this drama so I decided to make one since I'm overly obsessed with it now. I'm still recovering from withdrawal symptoms. Lol. I definitely fell in love with this drama, along with the 2 main guys whom I was never too fond of. (I also didn't know that Daniel Chan existed.) I originally watched this for Ariel Lin since I became a fan of her after Legend of Condor Heroes. When I heard that she was coming back to the drama scene with Feng Shao Feng, I wasn't too fond of it. As much as I love her in period dramas, I didn't really like him due to my impressions of him in Gong. However, the first episode was so hilariously cute and stupid that I was immediately hooked onto it. I ended up watching it during finals week and finished it in 4 days and 3 nights(stayed up till 3 in the morning for a few nights.) Also, I must remind you all that Daniel Chan is an amazing actor and singer. He stole the show away from our protagonist. xD But I have to admit, all of them are outstanding actors and actresses. The soundrtrack is also very lovely. You know that a drama is good when the soundtrack is good. *ahem* Bu Bu Jing Xin *ahem* Enough of my review, it's a really good a drama and I you should all watch it if you haven't already. :)

Title: Prince of Lan Ling
Genre: Period, romance
Episodes: 46
Broadcast period: 2013-Aug-14 (Can be watched with English sub on Viki, Dramafever, and drama.net)

Synopsis: A prophecy foretold that victory goes to the one who has the priestess' blessing. Yang Xue Wu, the last priestess of her clan, unwittingly embroiled in a war between Northern Qi and Northern Zhou. Although she foresees a tragic fate for Lan Ling Wang, the military general of Northern Qi, she nonetheless falls in love with him and helps him win the war against Yuwen Yong, the Emperor of Northern Zhou. However, her action only brings him closer to his fate. As his standing among his people grows, so does the murderous jealousy in Crown prince's heart. Can she protect him when it's family who wants him dead?

I must say, Ariel seems to be getting more and more beautiful as she ages. Daniel Chan is also handsomely adorable. <3 I grew to love him as the drama progressed. He portrayed Yuwen Yong so perfectly.

Whenever I see Ariel cry, I bawl my eyes out with her. :'(

Look at how adorable they are. <3

Everyone's favorite: the rain scene <3

They should've gotten rid of those braids and given him silky hair to make him look even more feminine. (According to history, he had to wear a mask when he's at war because he was so beautiful.) Though he's not the most handsome nor beautiful guy, I have to admit, I also fell in love with him. He flashes an adorable boyish smile that captivates my heart. As much as I disliked him for a few episodes, his cute little boy smile manipulated me to love him again. :bhehe:

He's pretty good looking in modern clothing. :wink:

She may not look like a Heavenly Maiden in terms of beauty but she definitely has an aura of some sort.

We can't forget about George Hu now, can we?

These are my favorite songs from the soundtrack, my top favorite being Suddenly Moved by Daniel Chan. I get the butterflies everytime his song comes on. <3 I'm not sure why only the link shows up here.. O.O
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtVU1AO-5_8#t=314
Up next is Heart of Palms by Della Ding. Everything about it is so beautiful and perfect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wvNwOPprBE&feature=share&list=RDJtVU1AO-5_8&index=1
Fate (aka Destiny) by Jia Jia was also one of my favorite. It was such a depressing yet lovely song. I can't help but love it for some reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmVK8K2QhM&list=RDJtVU1AO-5_8
There were also other vocals and instrumentals but they weren't as beautiful as these 3 songs above. I was able to find some English translation to these songs so I'll probably post them up later when I have the time.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
OMG this drama was really good and VERY cute and SWEET! First drama in a long time to make me cry. It was good but i didn't like the ending. 

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Kikichue1 said:
OMG this drama was really good and VERY cute and SWEET! First drama in a long time to make me cry. It was good but i didn't like the ending. 
I think it's the best Cdrama of 2013. There was literally no other Chinese drama that I was interested in 2013. There was Xuan Yuan Sword but it didn't really reach my expectations. But this drama, it got me bawling like a newborn, laughing like a maniac, and gave me the butterflies as if I was in love all over again. I haven't loved a Cdrama this much since Bu Bu Jing Xin. The ending was just horrible. :cry: But we can't forget about the prophecy. Also, I heard that originally this was supposed to be 36 episodes but then they extended it. If it were 36 episodes then it would've been the other way around. xP I honestly don't know which one I would prefer. They're both so bittersweet.

mingofsusie2011

sarNie Egg
I think this is my favourite costume drama in chinese.
Actually i like the supporting role - Chan Hiu-tung
he is being an artist so long time. But i never get hook of him
But in this drama, he is really amazing.

For the story, i think the girl supporting role - zheng er, she appears too often..........
i skip the whole the part that how she to ruin the relationship between lan ling and xue wu.
these episodes are superfluous.
Cause It makes audience think that the relationship of their lan ling and xue wu is weak.
Even one litte women can discord them. Their love is nothing more than this.

For the favorite part, is xue wu live in chow after she was getting chase by zheng er.
Hiu-tung is being very gentle to xue wu. Love their scene <3

Actutally i also like lan ling (Feng Shao Feng). But i think audience focus Chan Hiu-tung more than him~