[Mainland] Love Me, If You Dare

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Maybe that's why he's too thin now. Even Jian Yao's sis said Dasheng is too thin for my taste. And Dasheng and his friend are stalking Jian Yao. They offer her a room in return she became their cook. It's great to see Bo JinYan teasing Jian Yao back. I didn't read the book fully because I want to have some pleasant surprises and not disappointed. I read My sunshine novel and disappointed how Tang Yan portrayed. At least Sandra Ma is tolerable here.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
tgamber said:
Maybe that's why he's too thin now. Even Jian Yao's sis said Dasheng is too thin for my taste. And Dasheng and his friend are stalking Jian Yao. They offer her a room in return she became their cook. It's great to see Bo JinYan teasing Jian Yao back. I didn't read the book fully because I want to have some pleasant surprises and not disappointed. I read My sunshine novel and disappointed how Tang Yan portrayed. At least Sandra Ma is tolerable here.

Wallace got thin specificly for this role. I think he was trying to reach the ideal weight for Professor Bo. In the book Jian Yao calls him Thin Jin Yan and it was mentioned often how skinny he was. I'm sure Wallace wanted to fit as much of the profile as possible,m

Jonsnow said:
Do you guys know where I can read the whole novel in english? I am really dying to read it :(
This translator is up to chapter 23 now. http://lmfyd.blogspot.com

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Some are saying wallace's portrayal of Bo Jin Yan smiles too much. But in reality, no one can be that aloof and had Jian Yao fall for him. At least, his character didn't become the bright and sunny He Yi Chen who should be the sunshine rather than Tang Yan's Zhao Mo Shen.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I'm so happy this thread has become more active!! I finally have some peeps to talk to in regards to this drama! I'm still loving it! Probably even more after EP's 5&6. I'm starting to really like Wallace and Sandra as a pair. I couldn't get enough of them so I re-watched all their scenes together from EP1. HAHA. I can not wait for EP's 7&8 to come out with subs!!

pink_juliet_kashie said:
A Huomi (Wallace Huo fans are called Huomis) right here!

Love Me If You Dare airs every Thursdays, 2 episodes per day.

I'm excited for tomorrow's episodes. Professor Bo is already smitten by Jan Yao. It's the cutest thing. I'm excited and wonder if they will portray the love scenes like the novel. They are both steamy and halirious. There's a scene in the novel where he wakes up from a "dream" and had to go change his PJs *hides* hahaha
------

I highly recommend "Battle of Changsha". IMO that is his best preformance to date and if not best drama, one of his best dramas. Gu Qing Ming is also my favorite Wallace Huo role. Oh, and the ppl who produced Battle of Changsha is also the producers of Love Me If You Dare. I would also like to recommend "Go Yi Yi Go". It looks a bit outdated, but it's a feel-good type of drama. Love at its simplest.

I did watch Hua Qian Gu while it aired and spazzed like crazy, but I would not recommend it unless you are a Wuxia fan or a fan or Wallace or Zhao LiYing. The pacing is incredibly slow. The beginning was promising, the middle dragged, and in the end, it sort of went to hell. It was a combination of a lot of things that eventually ruined the drama, nothing that had to do with any of the actors or actresses abilities though.

If you are a fan of Wallace Huo too or want to see if you will become a fan, I would like to invite you to join us at Wallacehuo.info. Our forum is pretty active and always friendly.

Huomi?? HEHE. Count me in! I've always been fond of Wallace, but like I said never finished any of his dramas before except At Dolphin Bay. Anyway, not true anymore!! Within two weeks I finished Perfect Couple and Battle of Changsha. Now I'm an even bigger fan!!!!! I just need to watch something of his next. Haha perhaps I'll go watch Go Yi Yi Go. I wanted to watch Love At Fist Fight[\b], but Wallace was so over comedic that it became bothersome. Hehe.

I LOVE Gu Qing Ming. He is one of my favorite drama leads and Wallace played him to perfection.

I love Professor Bo! He's just so awesome! I also like Yao Yao. She's smart and not weak AND she's not annoying! I love that she has her own goals and aspirations even If it's just to become a boring white collar worker. Omg I sure do hope they keep that scene. Hehe.

I read the synopsis for Hua Qian Gu and although it's interesting I'm not completely pulled in. I'm not sure I like the lead gal either. Maybe when I've seen almost all Wallace's works I'll check it out.

I've already invited myself!! Hahaha. I discovered it while searching for BOC subs and I am forever thankful to you guys for creating that forum. I haven't officially joined but I will soon!

pink_juliet_kashie said:
It has already been announced. Yang Yang will costar with LYF in 3L3W. I wished there were more MVs on Little Dragon Girl and BaiZiHua. They are a pair made in heaven.

Wallace's beauty in fantasy/ancient dramas is unmatched by any current actor, but I must say that most of his ancient dramas are medicore if not bad. Perhaps I'm getting old, but I prefer dramas with solid plots, good acting, and high quality production. Idol dramas can only hold my attention for so long now. That's why I much preferred his dramas like BattleOfChangsha and The Great Protector. I think Wallace wants to take a break from filming ancient dramas too. He said they are too demanding on his body.

I can't agree more. That's why I didn't really like Perfect Couple. I loved the beginning then it turned sour. I like dramas with solid everything and not so much romantic nonsense like PC, with a gazillion kisses. Hehe. It looks like he only has this one out and then the Imperial Doctress next year, speaking of dramas. I'm a little sad because I want to see more of him! Hehe. I hope he picks up a few more projects. As for his films, I'm excited for Inside or Outside!!

EDIT* On Wallace's beauty in ancient dramas. I AGREE 100%! He's just so...so handsome. Haha. That's all I can say really. :ghehe:

Btw, So far how's this series doing in China? Well?

tgamber

sarNie Adult
I'm not sure about this but Hu Ge is on fire. Everywhere I turn, I can see him. He was on popular and hit Nirvana on Fire , and currently airing Good Time. It's hard being international fan both for lakorn and dramas.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
tgamber said:
I'm not sure about this but Hu Ge is on fire. Everywhere I turn, I can see him. He was on popular and hit Nirvana on Fire , and currently airing Good Time. It's hard being international fan both for lakorn and dramas.

Yeah seems like Hu Ge has received a tremendous amount of recognition and I give him that he's a great actor and also one of my fav's. I wish Wallace would get some recognition too, he's a great actor and I feel like people look at him more as someone he just looks good. I think he's got the whole package, the looks and talent...minus the height. HAHA. Okay fine he doesn't do so well in comedies either, but wth as long as he can do serious roles right. Haha.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Nonetheless, I love my two Wallace-s. I'm liking the friendship between Zi Yu, Jin Yan and Jian Yao more than the couple. They would become perfect trio to investigate murder. One quick question though. I thought Zi Yu is supposed to be a doctor. Why is he doing all the programming.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
tgamber said:
Nonetheless, I love my two Wallace-s. I'm liking the friendship between Zi Yu, Jin Yan and Jian Yao more than the couple. They would become perfect trio to investigate murder. One quick question though. I thought Zi Yu is supposed to be a doctor. Why is he doing all the programming.

HEHE. But I prefer my OTP. Sorry Zi Yu. I thought he was a computer programmer. Isn't that was he said in the beginning some technology guy, that's why he created Andy and all the computer stuff. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I love listening to Wallace, so it's very disappointing to hear him get voiced over. =( I'm glad they kept his voice in here!

tgamber

sarNie Adult
According to novel, he is supposed to be a doctor from the same uni as Bo Jin Yan. The charming prince among oversea students. The way the two of them always being together making other students think that they are gay but he had a girlfriend and his past is painful.
(Damn you auto-suggest)

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
tgamber said:
According to novel, he is supposed to be a doctor from the same uni as Bo Jin Yan. The charming prince among oversea students. The way the two of them always being together making other students think that they are gay but he had a girlfriend and his past is painful.
(Damn you auto-suggest)

Oh so Zi Yu had a bad past?? From the teasers it looks lik Zi Yu is gonna change. Won't be his happy self anymore....?

tgamber

sarNie Adult
I'm not sure they will include it in drama as it was an epilogue in novel. For this drama, I actually don't mind a lit deviation. Chinese Psychological thriller always tend to be a lit childish while Americans are too cold and inhuman. I'm excited for the second case more than first which seems like a lit rushed.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
This is my very first modern Chinese thriller series, so I hope it leaves me a good impression. HAHA. Actually this is my first thriller....

tgamber

sarNie Adult
For the thriller, I like Jap better. They always have these twisted and innocent characters all mixed up.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
tgamber said:
For the thriller, I like Jap better. They always have these twisted and innocent characters all mixed up.

Oh...I'm not much of a Japanese drama fan, unless Oguri Shun's in it. HEHE. 

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Which Oguri Shun? HanaKimi? HanaYoriDango? RichManPoorWoman? BORDER? Ouroboros? Nobunaga concerto? Or rather underrated Tokyo Dogs? Japanese psychological thrillers are quite different from others. Like liar Game which shows raw human emotions and Keizoku2:Spec is how ridiculousness can work too.
Ding Mo's works are in favor of hypnosis. There are people hypnotized or some even got amnesia. I'm searching for translation for her novel that is both leads are amnesiac. And female lead character unlike others have some brain of her own like Jian Yao.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
tgamber said:
Which Oguri Shun? HanaKimi? HanaYoriDango? RichManPoorWoman? BORDER? Ouroboros? Nobunaga concerto? Or rather underrated Tokyo Dogs? Japanese psychological thrillers are quite different from others. Like liar Game which shows raw human emotions and Keizoku2:Spec is how ridiculousness can work too.
Ding Mo's works are in favor of hypnosis. There are people hypnotized or some even got amnesia. I'm searching for translation for her novel that is both leads are amnesiac. And female lead character unlike others have some brain of her own like Jian Yao.

All of the above. Haha. The most recent Shun drama that I watched was actually RMPW. I haven't gotten the time to watch any of his newer ones. 

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Yeah, because of him, I'm waiting for someone to develop personal file too. RMPW makes me a fan for both leads. Considering to watch Satomi's new drama with Yamapi but a monk falling in love and wanting to marry concept is hard to imagine.