[Mainland] Legend of the Ancient Sword (Hunan TV)

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
Images by Sina. Credit to VIKI for cast and sumary

Title: Legend of the Ancient Sword /Gu Jian Qi Tan
English title: Swords of Legends
Also known as: Legend of the Ancient Sword
Episodes: 50
Broadcast network: Hunan TV

Casting:
Li Yi Feng as Baili Tusu / Han Yun Xi
Yang Mi as Feng Qingxue
Qiao Zhen Yu as Ouyang Shaogong
Ma Tian Yu as Fang Lan Sheng / Jin Lei
Zheng Shuang as Xiang Ling
Gillian Chung as Princess Xunfang
William Chan as Ling Yue

Summary:
In Legend of the Ancient Sword, which takes place during the Tang Dynasty, young martial artist Baili Tusu (Li Yifeng) feels a mysterious aura in him that can be suppressed only with the Sword of Burning Solitude. When fighting bandits, he meets Ouyang Shaogong (Qiao Zhenyu) and Fang Lansheng (Ma Tianyu), who are on a quest to find a jade ornament that will help them create a resurrection elixir. Tusu decides to join them on their adventure, hoping that the elixir will be able to awaken his slumbering mother. During their trip, he meets Feng Qingxue (Yang Mi), an immortal who has come to earth to look for her brother. After Shaogong’s elixir proves to be a success, Tusu discovers that his mother is in danger and that he must fight with the power-hungry Shaogong to save the world...

Just recently got done watching this series. It's pretty good and I'm in love with the songs. Ending got me near tears....but yes. This one the fighting style is more like magic and stuff but there's still sword and fight stuff so it's pretty cool. Gillian Chung's acting is amazing as ever and Ma Tian Yu's role annoyed the hell out of me lol but I still love him.