[Mainland] Fall In Love (2021)

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Credit to

In the year of 1926, Mu Wan Qing brings her mom's ashes back to China burial. On the pretense of surrendering to her father, Mu Wan Qing's actual motive is finding the true reason why her parents separated and her brother died. Meanwhile, a coup d'état occurs among the Shanghai army, and the once oppressed Tan Xuanlin rose up to become the new commander of troops. However despite his new authority, he still finds himself walking on thin ice. Xu Guang Yao, the son of the Commander of Yue Cheng, is a man revered and admired by many. However, he dislikes the power struggles within the political field. A chance encounter lets Mu Wan Qing, Tan Xuan Lin and Xu Guang Yao meet and befriend each other. In order to secure her foothold within the Mu family, Mu Wan Qing intentionally gets close to Xu Guang Yao and have his backing. Meanwhile, Tan Xuan Lin works alongside Mu Wan Qing to investigate an old case that is related to the Mu family. The three of them goes through life-and-death struggles together, and eventually realizes the importance of protecting the country in the tumultuous times. (Source: DramaWiki) Edit Translation

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@Ntsuab-Ci , I've create this tread for you, feel free to post. :)
I do like the ML a lot bc of his character in here and I found out that he's in Goodbye My Princess. I might check that out even tho I know it has a tragic ending. The actress that plays the FL in here is fairly new.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I was actually enjoying this drama for maybe the 9 or 10th episode. Then when I accidentally clicked on an interview he did and he looks slightly different from his on screen I was...ok then. The appeal went out the window. The FL isn't bad but in most scenes she has a resting angry face. But the two have great chemistry. I heard they are actually dating. Not sure how correct that is...but there's a picture of him leaving her hotel room which they said he spend like 3 hours in there hahahah...detectives.

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
@Ntsuab-Ci , I've create this tread for you, feel free to post. :)
I do like the ML a lot bc of his character in here and I found out that he's in Goodbye My Princess. I might check that out even tho I know it has a tragic ending. The actress that plays the FL in here is fairly new.
Yes! His character is seriously such a charmer and so funny! How can I not fall for him lool. I just hope this drama doesn't have a tragic ending. My heart would break. I was planning on watching Goodbye My Princess too and saw some clips. He seems like a real meanie in that one. I'm not a fan of tragic endings (my heart is too weak to handle it) so I don't think I can fully ever watch it.

I was actually enjoying this drama for maybe the 9 or 10th episode. Then when I accidentally clicked on an interview he did and he looks slightly different from his on screen I was...ok then. The appeal went out the window. The FL isn't bad but in most scenes she has a resting angry face. But the two have great chemistry. I heard they are actually dating. Not sure how correct that is...but there's a picture of him leaving her hotel room which they said he spend like 3 hours in there hahahah...detectives.
Lmao. I think I know which interview you're talking about. I watched it too and was really surprised by mostly his voice. It's SO deep lol. About his look? Idk. I think I'm too into him to think he's not appealing anymore haha. Yeah I heard that they might be dating too. Happy for them if they are!

Is this time period what they call the Chinese Republican Era? This is actually my favorite time period to watch in Cdramas so when I found this one, I was so happy! I really like their clothing. I think the down side is that in these time periods, the ending is usually a tragic one lol. So that sucks for me. But yeah, I stayed up the whole night catching up to this one yikes!
First, I was into the acting in this drama so I decided to continue. But like I said, I also need visuals to truly stay. I'm sure part of their acting made me like them visually haha. Both leads in here didn't fit my visual taste at first. They were just okay to me. But when male lead put on his uniform and his hair was nicely slick back?? Maaan. I just. I knew I was going to stay haha. But yeah, even more than visuals, I need convincing acting and good characters and this one luckily has all that in my opinion. I love smart leads, who doesn't? I didn't think male lead would have such a charming personality (I went into this drama completely blind, not knowing any storyline) but he's just so funny and his antics with female lead are so adorable! I think Chen Xing Xu is a good actor and he does so well with male lead. I'm definitely a fan now and will look forward to more of his future works. I hope this drama continues to be good. I'll so sad if it starts going downhill. Haven't watched any episodes past 23 since I'm waiting for the rest of the week's episode to air before I bingewatch!

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I went into this drama because of Evan. I think he has so much potential. His deep stare is just a heart throbbed moment lol. First of all, their skin is dang near flawless. Anyway, the ML is charming even in serious times he has that boyish charm about him that never left. And I was afraid that they made the FL a weak doormat. But she has her moment where she balances the weak and strong.

I remembered watching a cdrama in this time setting. I was into the ML and the FL had such great promises of being a character I root for, but by episode 4 or 5, I found myself rooting for her to be killed off. She was way too stupid to live lol. I wasn't even mad if they didn't end up together. Unfortunately, it was a drama that the leads end up happily ever after hahaha. I spend like 45 episodes wishing along the way when will the writer be smart to let the FL die of something as stupid as her character. Never got my wish lol

Ntsuab-Ci

Yeah, Evan is a handsome fellow! When he first appeared, I was like oh no! Am I going to have 2nd lead syndrome? He looks great in his uniform too. Two fine male leads to bless my eyes. He's not a bad actor and does seem promising. I looked into his drama Crush and may watch it in the future when I have nothing else to watch. I do want to follow his future works as well so I hope he gets good projects! He's such a gentleman in here towards female lead so it does kind of suck that he doesn't have anyone else for him. He deserves someone! ): I also really enjoy the interactions/bromance between the two main guys. It's just too bad they like the same girl. Evan's character is an understanding character though which makes my heart ache for him even more. I think it could had been really easy for audiences to like 2nd ML better if ML wasn't so charming so it's a good thing that the drama has ML's real personality being such a silly guy instead of the serious guy that he was showing in the first two episodes. That definitely caught me by surprised and instantly made me like him so much. I love his facial expressions, haha. It's too good.
That's another thing I like about this drama. I find myself liking many of the main and side characters. I really like ML's assistant! He's hilarious lol. ML has good people around him and it's really no surprise that they're all so loyal to him as well. I'm just glad ML, FL, and 2nd ML are all three smart and very likeable characters so I haven't wished them death yet lmao. I hope they all get a happy ending or I would be devastated... Seriously...

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@Ntsuab-Ci Oh I thought this drama already ended. It’s still airing? Yes, this kind of setting is called China Republican era. Mostly it’s a sad time for people during that time that’s why we see a lot of sad storylines. I don’t like sad endings either, it puts me in a bad mood. Lol
I get you, I get very excited when I find characters I love… the feelings are high. Lol

If you like this kinda drama setting, “Aresensal Military Academy” starring Xu Kai and Bai Lui is good to check out. This has eye candy leads. I haven’t watch it, but has good ratings.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
What is a hidden gem is Emperor Coroner. That drama is good with some mystery and romance that doesn't over take the drama itself. The FL is smart, sweet and naive. It is #2 among ratings of all 2021. I did enjoyed it even if it's something I usually don't watch. I like the way they write the FL character.

Ntsuab-Ci

@Ntsuab-Ci Oh I thought this drama already ended. It’s still airing? Yes, this kind of setting is called China Republican era. Mostly it’s a sad time for people during that time that’s why we see a lot of sad storylines. I don’t like sad endings either, it puts me in a bad mood. Lol
I get you, I get very excited when I find characters I love… the feelings are high. Lol

If you like this kinda drama setting, “Aresensal Military Academy” starring Xu Kai and Bai Lui is good to check out. This has eye candy leads. I haven’t watch it, but has good ratings.
Yeah it's still currently airing. I do wish it ends soon though just because I think if it goes on any longer, it'll just get draggy and then I'll just end up not finishing it. On dramalist, it says it has a total of 36 episodes (currently 27 episodes out) which isn't too bad so I hope that's accurate.

edit: oh you know what... I think it is done airing? I'm obviously watching the videos with eng subs so it's further behind than the raws. That explains why I randomly see so many YT thumbnails of some scenes that I haven't seen before in the eng subs version lol.

People in the comments were saying that Arsenal Military Academy is pretty similar to Fall In Love so I might actually check it out soon!

Last edited:

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
LOL No, Arsenal and Fall in Love is similar in some aspects, eg, timeline, but it is definitely nowhere near similar. I love both dramas, but I don't think there's anything that is completely similar to say they're both similar. And FIL ended on the 8th. It's just slower at being released on YT.
Anyways, I also absolutely love this gem of a drama. Been waiting so long to watch it and followed it religiously every week when it aired. lol Evan was in this drama first before he was in CRUSH, so it was interesting to see him play this role, which is slightly the opposite of his other roles. I actually watched this drama for Chen Xingxu, and man, I became more addicted to him. lol

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@Ntsuab-Ci Oh I thought this drama ends at ep25. 36 is too long, but I guess it’s that long cus of the 3 or couples storylines and time to tie up loose ends. I’ll pick this back up when I have time.

Last edited:

Ntsuab-Ci

LOL No, Arsenal and Fall in Love is similar in some aspects, eg, timeline, but it is definitely nowhere near similar. I love both dramas, but I don't think there's anything that is completely similar to say they're both similar. And FIL ended on the 8th. It's just slower at being released on YT.
Anyways, I also absolutely love this gem of a drama. Been waiting so long to watch it and followed it religiously every week when it aired. lol Evan was in this drama first before he was in CRUSH, so it was interesting to see him play this role, which is slightly the opposite of his other roles. I actually watched this drama for Chen Xingxu, and man, I became more addicted to him. lol
Oh okay! Maybe that's a good thing that they aren't too similar then! When I do check it out, I won't compare them as much.
Ouu! Are you saying you became more addicted to CXX or Evan? Because if you're talking about CXX, I feel it! Well, it's my first time seeing him act and he's all I think about currently lool.

@Ntsuab-Ci Oh I thought this drama ends at ep25. 36 is a big too long, but I guess it’s that long cus of the 3 or couples storylines and time to tie up loose ends. I’ll pick this back up when I have time.
36 is pretty long but I guess it makes sense since there are a lot of stories that need to be solved, especially from male lead's side. But since I get to see more of CXX in his uniform, I'll let it go and just be happy haha.