Mai Xiong Thao is Pregnant!!

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
I feel that it is up to the Girl if she wants to hide from everyone (including her parents) that she is pregnant before marriage or not, because most happens on accident. As long as the parents don't go bragging on how good their daughter is and point fingers at others then that's fine.
On the other hand, i'm not saying its okay, for girl's to have babies before marriage, especially in the Hmong Culture but really, you can't stop people from making babies. It's between two people. A man and a woman. It's personal lol (no i did not get pregnant before I got married lol) It's hard to explain, when you are in a serious relationship, you will understand. :)
i do agree with you that the ultimate decision is the girl. she can (medically) cover it up,have an abortion and no one will know. save face all around ( definitely not promoting this though)...hehehe............anyways, i think i know what u are saying though about a man and a woman. PASSION (or pure recklessness) can rule the body and not head at times.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Ok, i get it....WOW! this is new to me. i haven't encounter (yet) a person that would brag about there pregnant, out of wedlock, daughter to me before. as far as i know, none of my relative said anything close to that about me and my other sister before ( we're in our earlier 20's). maybe they are talking crap behind our back but not in our face, who knows.....i hope you don't mind if i give you a bit of advice to handle ur relative here. from what i see, you have the advantage here. if they say anything like that again, question them nicely about there daughter, her living arrangement(with baby,parent, father of the child), then end with " this is why i choose not to get involve with someone until i am ready/stable/able to support myself (smiling)"...........i know that you know all this already but this is obviously a sensitive subject to the other daughter's parent. the parent of the other daughter is putting you down so that you would feel inferior to them ( because they are jealous of u).do comment nicely when they say that to u, because you can comment back without u looking rude . you truly have the upper hand here and Never let others know when you are mad as they will pick on you.....anyways, i am so glad to know that you help out at relative's party too. not too many young people do that anymore.......tell me what u think

there is a limit for everything, however, as for parents covering up for there daughter's pregnancy, i don't think it can be compared to murder as that is a bit extreme. i think if falls close to parent covering up for their children dropping out of school.
Just the way my relatives treated me, made me view parents with pregnant daughters this way. I do admit I shouldn't let one rotten egg ruin for the rest. And my comparison was a bit extreme.

My father is too nice and we caught that in your genes that's why most of our relatives are mean and take advantages of us. When I think it thoroughly they might just pick on us drive the attention/load to us instead of them. My parents taught us not to talk back to people and I'm not a person with a sweet mouth salty tongue, saying something sweet but taunting them instead. When they speak foul to me I usually just smile and look away (yes like a retard). Well, I can speak my mind on the internet here, but in reality I'm pretty weak. When I go help out at other people's house, the most I speak is if I can help them with anything. The elders speak alot so my sister and I usually just listen to their conversation, I find it amusing.

Thanks for the advice Mainira, it's very kind of you. I think I"ll be fine. If someone's mean to another, Karma will get to them eventually.

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
Just the way my relatives treated me, made me view parents with pregnant daughters this way. I do admit I shouldn't let one rotten egg ruin for the rest. And my comparison was a bit extreme.

My father is too nice and we caught that in your genes that's why most of our relatives are mean and take advantages of us. When I think it thoroughly they might just pick on us drive the attention/load to us instead of them. My parents taught us not to talk back to people and I'm not a person with a sweet mouth salty tongue, saying something sweet but taunting them instead. When they speak foul to me I usually just smile and look away (yes like a retard). Well, I can speak my mind on the internet here, but in reality I'm pretty weak. When I go help out at other people's house, the most I speak is if I can help them with anything. The elders speak alot so my sister and I usually just listen to their conversation, I find it amusing.

Thanks for the advice Mainira, it's very kind of you. I think I"ll be fine. If someone's mean to another, Karma will get to them eventually.
ur welcome! well, i do hope that yo will use it one day. i personally do not see this as being sweet mouth salty tougue because ur just protecting urself, but ur family also. in addition, it will make you look brighter/smarter in their eyes because u can defend urself without looking snobbish and letting emotion rule you. learn how to speak up and converse with those that talk back to you. i do not precieve this is taunting them but of trying to understand their point of view and getting the holistic idea of why they are putting u down when compared with their daughters.......i know that u'll be fine, however, i think you'll be interested in what you find when you speak to them like that. if you ever do it, let me know how it goes............

plus, if you can't speak ur mind in reality, do it here then.....sooner or later, ur going to have to let go and speak for yourself.

kiaalor

sarNie Egg
This is why I hate HMONG culture and the HMONG community. My family and I tried to stay away from the Hmong community because they gossip too much, but because we are Hmong - one can't really stay away - people will find something to talk about.

I don't think it's fair to blame only on the daugher. It takes two to make the baby - the son, but somehow the daughter and her family are always the one being blame for. How lame?

ayang874

sarNie Hatchling
The best solution is to be smart and not be a loose woman. It's simple, if ya use your brain, trouble won't find you that easily. Not only in Hmong culture but most Asian cultures are like this, too. Even in American culture, VP candidate Sarah Palin's teen daughter had a baby outta wedlock, and the whole family was heavily scrutinize about it. I do agree that children are what makes parents proud, so if their kids do something bad, like being dumbass gangsters, then they reflect negatively upon how their parents raised them. This makes the parents lose face. My point is quit spreading your legs if ya don't have a hubby yet.

About girls marrying later in life, Hmong parents are slowly accepting this. People need to realize that Hmong parents have a 3rd world mentality, in which girls in their very early teens were considered wife and maiden material. They can talk all they want, but just keep in your minds that they haven't been through what you've been through nor see your side of the story. They don't realize that marrying early is not good thing in America, it prevents you from achieving things such as a good job and going on to higher education.

On the bright side, I see Hmong girls being more ambitious than the boys in pursuing their careers and education. Life in America is tough, a stable job before marriage and children is a must. Anyone who feels ostracized by the community because you're becoming a spinster, just think a couple years from now, you've got a great career, good education and you can support yourself and kids and you'll laugh back to those who put you down. Anyway, most marriages in which the man and woman married early usually end up in divorce.

mommie_love

sarNie Egg
Okay I've been keep quiet but I really need to say something about this girl. I am family so I can say what's on my mind. This girl is the definition of a diva and what you would call an ungrateful child. I have never met someone in my life like her. Pisses me off that all the producers are in love with her sweet personality?? and hate how she acts innocent and sweet, because she's just the opposite. If you live in MN / WI like me then you would of heard about her parents already. Her father took off with someone else's wife and her mother was so heart broken and stressed that she had a brain-tumor. This girl would not look after her mother after the surgery and leave everything for her 14 yr brother to look after (bills, mother, younger siblings). She always sides with her father and say that her mother deserve what her father did to her because her mother is mean and crazy. She really wants to be famous so she's never in school, she sleep around with guys to get into bars to sing and dance (because at that time she was not old enough to enter). Watch out married women/ committed women she does not care if you are married or committed she will come after your man. I swear she said it out loud to me once, that she doesn't care if you are married, its NOT HER PROBLEM. And when she is ask to be part of big concerts in the pass she would not allow to let her mom to come, only her father and his girlfriend because she says her mother was too "npab nauj", and she was embarrassed. Now she met this one guy recently, ugly, but i don't know what he did for her she just can't let him go. She ditched her mother to live him for a couple of months. When he had enough of her he kicked her out & when she wanted to marrie him he didn't and she locked herself up for days in her room. Relatives had to all us over to convince her to come out of her room.

I hope this will get you a little insight into how this girl is. And yes she's only still a girl, because I am sure she is barely legal or still 17. Now some of you ask who would flaunt and brag about being pregnant and unwed, or being a teen-mother...this kind of girl does...

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
ur welcome! well, i do hope that yo will use it one day. i personally do not see this as being sweet mouth salty tougue because ur just protecting urself, but ur family also. in addition, it will make you look brighter/smarter in their eyes because u can defend urself without looking snobbish and letting emotion rule you. learn how to speak up and converse with those that talk back to you. i do not precieve this is taunting them but of trying to understand their point of view and getting the holistic idea of why they are putting u down when compared with their daughters.......i know that u'll be fine, however, i think you'll be interested in what you find when you speak to them like that. if you ever do it, let me know how it goes............

plus, if you can't speak ur mind in reality, do it here then.....sooner or later, ur going to have to let go and speak for yourself.
Thanks. I'm sure it'll become useful one day.

This is why I hate HMONG culture and the HMONG community. My family and I tried to stay away from the Hmong community because they gossip too much, but because we are Hmong - one can't really stay away - people will find something to talk about.

I don't think it's fair to blame only on the daugher. It takes two to make the baby - the son, but somehow the daughter and her family are always the one being blame for. How lame?
lol. I agree even though we try to stay away, there's an invisible tag on us, and we can't really stay under the radar. Yes it's not only the daughter and her parents fault, but it's also the guy and his family's fault as well. It just seem easier people to blame the girl because the evidence is in her stomach, something that she's unable to hide unlike the guy.

About girls marrying later in life, Hmong parents are slowly accepting this. People need to realize that Hmong parents have a 3rd world mentality, in which girls in their very early teens were considered wife and maiden material. They can talk all they want, but just keep in your minds that they haven't been through what you've been through nor see your side of the story. They don't realize that marrying early is not good thing in America, it prevents you from achieving things such as a good job and going on to higher education.
Not only Hmong parents have the 3rd world, thinking kids in their early teens are ready for marriage but the whole Hmong community itself. Sometimes I felt like it's a cult. I think kids under 20 shouldn't get pregnant or marry yet, but that's just how I see it.

Although I do understand, Hmong parents. They don't think they can live long, so they want to see their kid have a stable life and see their grandchildren grow up, they need this assurance before they can leave peacefully.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Okay I've been keep quiet but I really need to say something about this girl. I am family so I can say what's on my mind. This girl is the definition of a diva and what you would call an ungrateful child. I have never met someone in my life like her. Pisses me off that all the producers are in love with her sweet personality?? and hate how she acts innocent and sweet, because she's just the opposite. If you live in MN / WI like me then you would of heard about her parents already. Her father took off with someone else's wife and her mother was so heart broken and stressed that she had a brain-tumor. This girl would not look after her mother after the surgery and leave everything for her 14 yr brother to look after (bills, mother, younger siblings). She always sides with her father and say that her mother deserve what her father did to her because her mother is mean and crazy. She really wants to be famous so she's never in school, she sleep around with guys to get into bars to sing and dance (because at that time she was not old enough to enter). Watch out married women/ committed women she does not care if you are married or committed she will come after your man. I swear she said it out loud to me once, that she doesn't care if you are married, its NOT HER PROBLEM. And when she is ask to be part of big concerts in the pass she would not allow to let her mom to come, only her father and his girlfriend because she says her mother was too "npab nauj", and she was embarrassed. Now she met this one guy recently, ugly, but i don't know what he did for her she just can't let him go. She ditched her mother to live him for a couple of months. When he had enough of her he kicked her out & when she wanted to marrie him he didn't and she locked herself up for days in her room. Relatives had to all us over to convince her to come out of her room.

I hope this will get you a little insight into how this girl is. And yes she's only still a girl, because I am sure she is barely legal or still 17. Now some of you ask who would flaunt and brag about being pregnant and unwed, or being a teen-mother...this kind of girl does...
wow. what a nice insight of her life. she seems like such a nice girl. Good looks and sweet talk really covers the evilness in a person.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
Wow! this thread is blooming fast huh...

I am family too, so its sad to see her business all over the internet...and damn...that other family member is harsh...who are you ??

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Wow! this thread is blooming fast huh...

I am family too, so its sad to see her business all over the internet...and damn...that other family member is harsh...who are you ??
Well, she posted her business online, herself lol
You shouldn't be sad, it's not you. it's her. if a person can do it. they should be able to admit and accept it.
On the other hand, she's not afraid to post things on online. That means she don't mind people knowing about her life.
She's a TRUE-STAR. :)

minankumo

sarNie Adult
I heard aloth of rumors. i cant not believe it alot of people mistake it that its the singer mai xiong. lol

chouakim

TTFC♥
I have no idea who she is but it's funny (and pretty stupid) to wanna keep it on the down low when you've already went public with it on the internet.
But anyway, I hope all is good with her and her baby.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I have no idea who she is but it's funny (and pretty stupid) to wanna keep it on the down low when you've already went public with it on the internet.
But anyway, I hope all is good with her and her baby.
Keep it on the DL - from her parents??? dur. haha
if you read the rest of the comments, you will know that she announced it herself, online and that's where i got the news from. She's not afraid to share her life publicly. why should I?

DalaBao

sarNie Egg
i know her she is one of my cousin..i don't think this is will be okay cuz is not post by her..are you one of her ex lover or something and you are jealous??

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i know her she is one of my cousin..i don't think this is will be okay cuz is not post by her..are you one of her ex lover or something and you are jealous??
I'm me, myself and I. You don't need to know who I am. I'm not a hater nor am i jealous. just because I post this, im jealous? why would I be? haha I don't air my dirty laundry for everyone to know. By the way, this is celebrity gossip news. You know what that is?

If your cousin don't want people to know about her, tell her not to post publicly. she must not care, to post freely and why do you care? Its her, not you. Perhaps tell her not to add people she don't know. She has 5,000 friends on facebook. She should know, this was coming, so if you care. tell her, so next time you won't run into topics like this. :)

ladeeda

sarNie Egg
I was simply thinking when a parent cover up for a child it is as though if they do something bad, if they go as far as murdering, are their parents going to cover for them as well? A parent can cover up for their child, but sometimes there's a limit.

I don't know if my relatives are old fashion minded or what it is but girls over the age of 20 and are single = defect/neeg tsis zoo.....

I think I'm just going on a rage here because I have never said anything back to those who treated me so ill or told my parents about the crap they say to me. I was nice enough to always go to their places to help out during "Hu Plig" or "Ua Neeg" or "Ua Tshoob" but they have nothing to say but be so disrespectful and compare me to their daughters who are younger than me, got knocked up, and covered for.
you should say it to their face. dont hold it in. i would say it to their face. but its how you say it. jus say it in a smart way. old people will get the gist of it...cuz they r good with wording

kulyia

RUK
I'm me, myself and I. You don't need to know who I am. I'm not a hater nor am i jealous. just because I post this, im jealous? why would I be? haha I don't air my dirty laundry for everyone to know. By the way, this is celebrity gossip news. You know what that is?

If your cousin don't want people to know about her, tell her not to post publicly. she must not care, to post freely and why do you care? Its her, not you. Perhaps tell her not to add people she don't know. She has 5,000 friends on facebook. She should know, this was coming, so if you care. tell her, so next time you won't run into topics like this. :)
I understand the fact that she posted it online*with 5K people* but to me, i dont think it gives you the right to copy and paste it elsewhere. Did you ask for her permission at least?

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I understand the fact that she posted it online*with 5K people* but to me, i dont think it gives you the right to copy and paste it elsewhere. Did you ask for her permission at least?
haha does paparazzi ask celebrities for permission? nope. i didn't either.

"If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees." -Kahlil Gibran :)

tshavntuj

sarNie Egg
People who cares if she is or not pregnant.. That's her life and her choice.. Give her a break!
She had sex and got pregnant.. so we know okay.. And sooner or later her parents will know when she gets bigger.. But most when is goes in labor.. Her mom will start counting back.. busted!!!