Mai Xiong Thao is Pregnant!!

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm not sure what she does in the Hmong Entertainment Industry but for what I know, she sing for parties.

Yes! she is pregnant! 9 weeks. If you know her, don't tell her parents. She don't want them to charge her fiance because it was planned. Keep it on the DL.

My source: Her Facebook says it all. :thumbsup:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
lol.. iono who she is so it's still gonna be on the down low for me ahaha... XD

ayang874

sarNie Hatchling
So she' not married yet? Just engaged to her fiance? Wow, wonder what her parents will think.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Hmong parents need be settled about these pregnant and not married, or live in wife/husband. It's very common now a days I don't see anything of it to be ashamed of. I rather someone come out that their pregnant before marriage rather then be a lair and keep it a secret as if they're so innocent and clean before they got marry when actually during the wedding ceremony they were weeks/months pregnant.

I'm single and have no kids, but I worry everyday about the future, because I know my parents are strict and how they are, if I ever do that, I wouldn't be call their daughter. But yet, if you love someone and have a child with them, it's not a crime. Hmong people makes it such a big deal and as if it's s crime or a sin (even religious people, they get pregnant before marriage). Hmong parents are stricter than other ethnicity on this, sometimes I question Hmong parents if their belief are stronger than their love for their child. If their image/reputation is more important their child.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I assume her parents don't know how to use the computer/internet like most Hmong parents. lol.

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
whether her parents are strict on her or not it's up to them since they did raise her and she is their child. it's not something horrible that they want their daughter to be married before getting pregnant. just like i don't think anyone should judge another person (and/or their parents) for condoning pregnancy out of wedlock.

also why would anyone post this news on a open forum where there are hmong people and ask for it to be kept a secret from her parents. seems like someone wants this news to be passed around. plus she posts it on her facebook and thats just asking for her parents to find out.

her parents will find out anyhow.

oh and i don't even know who she is. where is she from.

mrshejunxiang

sarNie Hatchling
whether her parents are strict on her or not it's up to them since they did raise her and she is their child. it's not something horrible that they want their daughter to be married before getting pregnant. just like i don't think anyone should judge another person (and/or their parents) for condoning pregnancy out of wedlock.

also why would anyone post this news on a open forum where there are hmong people and ask for it to be kept a secret from her parents. seems like someone wants this news to be passed around. plus she posts it on her facebook and thats just asking for her parents to find out.

I know right... this makes no sense...
You post of on the web where everyone is going to be reading it and then tell them to keep it a secret...
i dont get it...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid

I'm not seeking for attention for posting this but this is the right place to post news, rumors & gossips whether its true or not. :) And im sure she don't mind me posting this, she shared the news with 1,000 + friends on her Facebook. She wants people to know, well i just did her a favor. :)

On the other hand, I post this for gossip lovers and because i thought it was funny, like some of you guys mention. She don't want her parents to know but she post it on her facebook? funny.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I know right... this makes no sense...
You post of on the web where everyone is going to be reading it and then tell them to keep it a secret...
i dont get it...
Yes! she is pregnant! 9 weeks. If you know her, don't tell her parents. She don't want them to charge her fiance because it was planned. Keep it on the DL.

For your information, these are not my words. These are her own words. :)
I'm just telling you guys what she said and wants. keep it on the DL.

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
Hmong parents need be settled about these pregnant and not married, or live in wife/husband. It's very common now a days I don't see anything of it to be ashamed of. I rather someone come out that their pregnant before marriage rather then be a lair and keep it a secret as if they're so innocent and clean before they got marry when actually during the wedding ceremony they were weeks/months pregnant.

I'm single and have no kids, but I worry everyday about the future, because I know my parents are strict and how they are, if I ever do that, I wouldn't be call their daughter. But yet, if you love someone and have a child with them, it's not a crime. Hmong people makes it such a big deal and as if it's s crime or a sin (even religious people, they get pregnant before marriage). Hmong parents are stricter than other ethnicity on this, sometimes I question Hmong parents if their belief are stronger than their love for their child. If their image/reputation is more important their child.
this is a great debate topic. i don't judge people for getting pregnant early or out of wedlock. however, i am not support it and am not asking people to accept the facts that this is a "norm" among other ethnicity and that we should just go with it. i am not married either and have no kids, but i am positive that i do not want my kids to accept this. hmong parent are strict because they LOVE their children. i find that strict parents are the one that love their kids the most. parents are strict because they KNOW what kind of trouble we young adult can encounter. i think that i would be strict too because i don't want my kids to get into all kinds of trouble. i believe that the love for their child is never in question here.......tell me what you guys think.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I'm not saying it's wrong that a parent want their kid to marry before getting pregnant. But if they do get pregnant before marriage, hmong people should just face the facts, instead of being pathetic by covering it up and saying how their daughters were such a good girl. I can say that 99 percent of Hmong marriage are due to the girl being pregnant. The prove is rock solid right there, the time and date of the due date compare to when they just got marry.

If I shouldn't judge another person (and/or their parents) for condoning pregnancy out of wedlock. Then they shouldn't judge another for getting pregnant before marriage as well.

Honest and truthfully I hate these cover up, it's probably a personal problem of mines, so I'll just stop it at there.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
this is a great debate topic. i don't judge people for getting pregnant early or out of wedlock. however, i am not support it and am not asking people to accept the facts that this is a "norm" among other ethnicity and that we should just go with it. i am not married either and have no kids, but i am positive that i do not want my kids to accept this. hmong parent are strict because they LOVE their children. i find that strict parents are the one that love their kids the most. parents are strict because they KNOW what kind of trouble we young adult can encounter. i think that i would be strict too because i don't want my kids to get into all kinds of trouble. i believe that the love for their child is never in question here.......tell me what you guys think.
Of course it's not something to be proud of, but if it happen then just accept it instead of cover up. If I had my own children I wouldn’t want them to get pregnant before marriage.

I know Hmong people love their children no doubt about that, but for the Hmong society, their children are their image, so part of that love is just for show. If something goes wrong they just name the kid as “Mr. ? child, Mrs. ? child", so the children’s actions affect their image. Sometimes these parents view the protection of their image bigger than their child. All I can say is we can’t always hold our children’s hand forever even if we want to so badly; sometimes they need to fall in order to learn how to get up.

Anyway I'm getting worked up about these things because of the things going on around me. I have douche relatives who compare their numerous teen pregnant daughters (cover ups) to me (just because I'm single, I'm view as a defect). So don't take it too hard. And No I'm not pregnant.

ayang874

sarNie Hatchling
Are you sure it was planned, don't you mean it was UNplanned? Haha.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Are you sure it was planned, don't you mean it was UNplanned? Haha.

haha you know right. Those are her words, so you'll have to ask her yourself. im not her. lol
where i came from, if it's a planned baby, don't you get married first then have a baby? lol Im just saying. haha

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
Of course it's not something to be proud of, but if it happen then just accept it instead of cover up. If I had my own children I wouldn’t want them to get pregnant before marriage.

I know Hmong people love their children no doubt about that, but for the Hmong society, their children are their image, so part of that love is just for show. If something goes wrong they just name the kid as “Mr. ? child, Mrs. ? child", so the children’s actions affect their image. Sometimes these parents view the protection of their image bigger than their child. All I can say is we can’t always hold our children’s hand forever even if we want to so badly; sometimes they need to fall in order to learn how to get up.

Anyway I'm getting worked up about these things because of the things going on around me. I have douche relatives who compare their numerous teen pregnant daughters (cover ups) to me (just because I'm single, I'm view as a defect). So don't take it too hard. And No I'm not pregnant.
i feel that us young adult are not being fair to our parent when we say that our parent should just accept the fact that their daughter is pregnant out of wedlock. it is true that we, the children, are the image that represent out parent and maybe their love for us is just for show. however, i do understand why parents would what to cover up something like this. the daughter may be the one getting pregnant but the parent are the one getting blame for. such as " why didn't u look after ur duaghter" "How could this happen" " well, maybe her mom/dad side is like that too" etc. Many speculation and bad rumor will go around tainting your family.
it's true that we can't hold our children's hand forever, however, letting go of that hand early can result in something as life changing as this.......can you explain why being single is view as a defect when compared with teen pregnant duaghter. i didn't get that part....

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I was simply thinking when a parent cover up for a child it is as though if they do something bad, if they go as far as murdering, are their parents going to cover for them as well? A parent can cover up for their child, but sometimes there's a limit.

I don't know if my relatives are old fashion minded or what it is but girls over the age of 20 and are single = defect/neeg tsis zoo.

Defect:

1. After covering up for their daughters and after a few months they give birth, the parents brags. "My daughter is this young and she's able to bare child, you're old and you can't."
2. Must be something wrong with them that guys don't come chasing after them.
a. Those girls have a disease.
b. Those girls tsis tsi txhiaj (I forgot how you translate that praise into English)
c. Ua poj lais.

I think I'm just going on a rage here because I have never said anything back to those who treated me so ill or told my parents about the crap they say to me. I was nice enough to always go to their places to help out during "Hu Plig" or "Ua Neeg" or "Ua Tshoob" but they have nothing to say but be so disrespectful and compare me to their daughters who are younger than me, got knocked up, and covered for.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I don't know if my relatives are old fashion minded or what it is but girls over the age of 20 and are single = defect/neeg tsis zoo.

Defect:

1. After covering up for their daughters and after a few months they give birth, the parents brags. "My daughter is this young and she's able to bare child, you're old and you can't."
b. Those girls tsis tsi txhiaj (I forgot how you translate that praise into English)
c. Ua poj lais.
I feel that it is up to the Girl if she wants to hide from everyone (including her parents) that she is pregnant before marriage or not, because most happens on accident. As long as the parents don't go bragging on how good their daughter is and point fingers at others then that's fine.
On the other hand, i'm not saying its okay, for girl's to have babies before marriage, especially in the Hmong Culture but really, you can't stop people from making babies. It's between two people. A man and a woman. It's personal lol (no i did not get pregnant before I got married lol) It's hard to explain, when you are in a serious relationship, you will understand. :)

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
I was simply thinking when a parent cover up for a child it is as though if they do something bad, if they go as far as murdering, are their parents going to cover for them as well? A parent can cover up for their child, but sometimes there's a limit.

Defect:

c. Ua poj lais.

I think I'm just going on a rage here because I have never said anything back to those who treated me so ill or told my parents about the crap they say to me. I was nice enough to always go to their places to help out during "Hu Plig" or "Ua Neeg" or "Ua Tshoob" but they have nothing to say but be so disrespectful and compare me to their daughters who are younger than me, got knocked up, and covered for.
Ok, i get it....WOW! this is new to me. i haven't encounter (yet) a person that would brag about there pregnant, out of wedlock, daughter to me before. as far as i know, none of my relative said anything close to that about me and my other sister before ( we're in our earlier 20's). maybe they are talking crap behind our back but not in our face, who knows.....i hope you don't mind if i give you a bit of advice to handle ur relative here. from what i see, you have the advantage here. if they say anything like that again, question them nicely about there daughter, her living arrangement(with baby,parent, father of the child), then end with " this is why i choose not to get involve with someone until i am ready/stable/able to support myself (smiling)"...........i know that you know all this already but this is obviously a sensitive subject to the other daughter's parent. the parent of the other daughter is putting you down so that you would feel inferior to them ( because they are jealous of u).do comment nicely when they say that to u, because you can comment back without u looking rude . you truly have the upper hand here and Never let others know when you are mad as they will pick on you.....anyways, i am so glad to know that you help out at relative's party too. not too many young people do that anymore.......tell me what u think

there is a limit for everything, however, as for parents covering up for there daughter's pregnancy, i don't think it can be compared to murder as that is a bit extreme. i think if falls close to parent covering up for their children dropping out of school.