Lub Hmo Hli Nra – The Night’s Moonlight (Light ray).

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Thank you all for your lovely comment. The writing is in the process, a slow process, so it will take me a while to post it up.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 2

Aunt Mee: “Son, Muaj Tsheeb. Oh my…” She also noticed the women guest had a bit if a messy hair. “Son, if you want to do something, think carefully before you do it.” The servant was an elder to him so she spoke to him as a mother would.

Muaj Tsheeb: “You had raised me aunt Mee, you should know what kind of person I am.”

Aunt Mee: “Well, you went abroad to study for a long time, you changed a lot.” She changes the topic. “Just arriving back in Thailand to your rice field, you didn’t even think of letting me or your grandma know beforehand.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “I wanted to surprise you two.”

He had came a few weeks prior to his actually arrival date and has been keeping it a secret. While he was abroad his grandma who’s been taking care of the farm, took care of it loosely so he had to come and clean up the messes.

Aunt Mee: “Through the years, you had grown so tall. Don’t tell me you’re always shirtless like this when abroad, that is why you’re so dark skin now.” He just laughs a little. “If you like to dress that way it’s up to you but I can’t do anything for you if your grandma scolds you.” She looks over his shoulder. “And this girl, who is she?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “A new worker.”

Aunt Mee: “What kind of job are you giving her?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Just harvesting the rice.”

Aunt Mee: “Really?” She walks toward Hli Nra. “In this household there’s no such thing as leveling your status fast. Know that these chairs, floors, walls, ceiling all have eyes and ears, beware of what you intend to do. Remember you are single women, know how to hold your standards, so don’t make our gender shameful.”

Hli Nra: “I understand.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Enough of you motherly instinct Aunt Mee. I need you to take this girl and set her up for tomorrow’s work.”

Aunt Mee: “This way…”

The next morning, Niam Lwm Xeev, the head of the workers crew gave Hli Nra Muaj Tsheeb’s contract. She read it thoroughly before signing it and returning to Niam Lwm Xeev. She kept one copy while the other went to Muaj Tseeb. She stares at the contract and gave out a long sigh.

That afternoon, even though Muaj Tsheeb insists his grandma stayed home and relaxed, his grandma headed to the fields anyway. She wanted to greet the new batch of workers that came in that day.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Kuv Pog (grandma), just stay home, you’re getting old and you don’t have strength.”
Pog: “Son, when you see me crawling that is when you can speak to me like that, I can still stand so I need to use the most of what I can do right now.” She looks at aunt Mee. “Young kids these days do not understand.” Aunt Mee nodded in agreement.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Kuv Pog es…” He rushes forward blocking her from the door. “Today seems like the weather will be very hot. Why not go visit them tomorrow?”

Pog: “The weather is like this every day in Thailand.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Don’t you know in the evening it’s the hottest time of the day?”

Pog: “That’s why I have Aunt Mee prepared an umbrella.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Pog, I had just arrived from many years of studying abroad and you don’t even miss me a bit.”

Pog: “Why should I miss you when you didn’t even miss me? You came early yet you didn’t even give me notice. Even if I stay you won’t have time, you’ll be busy with filing the paper works.” She thinks for a little bit. “You brought a girl home yesterday and didn’t even tell me.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “It isn’t an important matter to tell you about, that girl just came from a small mountain village and needed a job urgently so I employed her.”

Pog: “Sure. Sure.”

Muaj Tsheeb’s cell phone begun to ring so he picks it up, his grandma takes the opportunity to leave.

Pog: “What’s wrong with him?” She asked aunt Mee as they headed out.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Good timing Tsab. I need you to do something for me.”

At the rice fields the workers were gathering in for lunch. Hli Nra had grabbed a cup of water and raised it up to drink when a geeky looking guy popped out infront of her, surprising her.

Tsab: “Did I surprise you? I don’t have to find a chicken and an egg to do a spiritual healing, do I?” Hli Nra just shakes her head, no. “Hello, my name is Tsab. I’m Niam Lwm Xeeb’s son.”

Hli Nra: “My name is Hli Nra, it’s nice to meet you.”

Tsab had got sucked into her cute dimples that he forgot what he was intentionally suppose to do. Awkwardly Hli Nra walks away while he continue to stare her way. Hli Nra went to talk to Niam Lwm Xeeb and she came to hit Tsab out of his sense.

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “Tsab. Go supervise Hli Nra while she work in the fields, remember to jolt down that she worked extra time.”

Tsab: “Okay, okay.” He went over to Hli Nra who was waiting for him.

Hli Nra had skipped lunch and went back to the fields which made it easier for Tsab to handle. He was watching her the whole time while she uses the sickle to harvest the rice and tied it into a bundle. She did it so elegantly like a heavenly angle from the skies above, one rice bundle after another.
Tsab heard some voices in the distance and looked over his shoulder seeing that his mother had brought Muaj Tsheeb’s grandma over. He rushed to Hli Nra’s side.

Tsab: “I think it’s enough, you should go get something to eat to gather strength for later.”

Hli Nra: “It’s alright. I’ll stick to my decision and work here the whole day.”

Tsab: “Kuv tus Me Hli (my little Moon). Don’t do this. It’s not good for your body.”

Hli Nra: “It’s fine, Tsab. I’m used to this.”

Tsab: “What was that? At home you just drink water to quench your hunger.”

Hli Nra: “There’s really nothing about it.”

Tsab: “If there’s nothing then let’s go. Come on.” As Niam Lwm Xeeb and Muaj Tsheeb’s grandma came closer he grew worried.

Hli Nra: “I’m not going. You can go if you want.”

Tsab: “It’s fine, let’s go okay?” It was as though he was pleading her. He kept looking back and forth and accidentally bump into Hli Nra making her slip.

Hli Nra: “Ah…” She falls into a mud puddle soaking half of her body. She wipes the splatter of mud that stains her face.

Tsab: “I’m so sorry Kuv tus Me Hli (my little Moon), now you’re all dirty. Let’s go back to the shelter; I’ll get you another set of uniform.”

Hli Nra agree and they both leave. The elders just missed her as she turns the corner with Tsab. While Tsab went to find a spare working uniform, Hli Nra enters the little outdoor shower hut. She slips her outer shirt off while leaving on her tank. Inside the shower hut had a big pottery jar of water that was refilled every morning which she uses to clean her face. She use the bamboo bowl that was floating ontop of the surface of the water to scoop some water out and spill it over her shirt as she rinses the mud off.

Muaj Tsheeb: “I can’t count on you as always Tsab.” He was on the phone walking near the shelter area. He had to came by himself to make sure his plan wasn’t ruin.

Tsab: “Don’t worry, Muaj Tsheeb, I got it all under control.” He was scrambling around in the storage room trying to find a spare piece of clothing.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Why are you in a panic tone then?” Muaj Tsheeb hears voices in the distance that he recognizes so he quickly shuts his phone off and ran into the shower hut. He slowly close the door behind him and peeked outside through the tiny cracks.

Hli Nra had just turned around to hang her shirt so they had their back facing each other, unaware of each other’s presence. When Hli Nra turned around to see stranger with her she fright.

Hli Nra: “Pervert!” She pointed at him. Muaj Tsheeb immediately turns around. “It’s you…?” She covers her chest with her arms.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Lower your voice Hli Nra.”

Hli Nra: “Why did you come in here?” She yells even louder. “You better get out right now or I’m going to scream.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “I told you to quiet down.” He whispers quietly trying not to go catch any attention.

Hli Nra: “Why are you whispering like that. You don’t want people to find out you’re a peeping tom?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Shush.”

Hli Nra: “No. Not until you leave this instant.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “I told you to keep quiet.”

Hli Nra: “Is anyone out there, help me!” She screams. Muaj Tsheeb rushed to her front and covers her mouth. She stomps on his feet.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Ouch!” He releases her. She runs but bumps into the jar of water in the middle of the room. She grabs the bamboo bowl that was half full of water and splashed it on Muaj Tsheeb as he tried to approach her. It distracted him a bit as Hli Nra made her way toward the door but he had already dashed after her. He reached forward and as he pulled her in, her back smacked against his strong chest. He wrapped his arm around her waist tugging her toward him and further from her only escape root.

Hli Nra: “Let me go! Umm….” He used his other hand to cover her mouth and drags her back toward the other end of the little shower hut distancing themselves from the door. He could see figures outside.

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “Who is it, taking a shower at this time of the day.” There was no response from inside. “Are you deaf or what?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “It’s your choice, whether you want to shame yourself or not. He dared her. He couldn’t do anything because the elder lady already knew of a presence in the shower hut. He lower his hand that was covering her mouth.

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “How come you’re not answering?” She grew impatient.

Hli Nra: “It’s just me. I fell in mud so I just came in here to clean it off a bit, I’ll get back to work immediately.”

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “Alright. Lunch break is almost over so hurry up.” They waited for a moment. “How come I don’t hear water splashing?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Go ahead…Bath yourself before she grows suspicious.” He moves her toward the jar of water.” He lowered his lips to her ear and whisper. “You’re not doing it, is it because you need me to do it for you?” She hesitantly turns to look at him.

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “Do you want me to come in there.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Do it.” He mumbled harshly under his breath and tighter his clutch on her waist.

Hli Nra grabs the extra bamboo bowl that was floating in the water jar and splash it over her shoulder purposely soaking Muaj Tsheeb who was behind her. On the second turn Muaj Tsheeb took hold of it so the flow of water stopped.

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “I’m being serious here, hurry up.”

Pog: “Who is that?”

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “Oh, no one important, just a new girl worker.” She paid her attention back to the shower hut. “If you’re done then stop slacking there.”

Pog: “What’s her name?”

Tsab: “Me Hli (Little Moon), I found some clothing!” He shouted but lowers his voice when he notices the elder women’s presence. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you where here.”

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “Watch your attitude Tsab. Infront of Muaj Tsheeb’s Pog, don’t raise your voice like that.”

Tsab: “Alright, Mom.”

Pog: “It’s okay. It wasn’t like he did it on purpose.”

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “You had tour around the place already, you should head back home now. I don’t want the hot weather to get to you.”

Aunt Mee: “Yes, yes. Their lunch break is almost over so they need to get back to work and we need to head back as well.”

Pog: “Sure. We can leave now.”

Once Muaj Tsheeb got the sense that the coast was cleared he shoves Hli Nra away. Hli Nra stumbled to the door that was about to be open by Tsab. The door shuts on Tsab causing him to leap back and fall on his buttock.

Muaj Tsheeb: “You purposely splatter water clumsily so that it’ll splat over me.” He paced at her.
Hli Nra: “I was just washing the dirt behind my back.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “What were you referring me to?” He reaches over and put his hand against the door, leaning in to glare at her intensity. She didn’t say anything other than gulped in concern. He grew impatient and yelled at her. “Answer me!"

Hli Nra: “I…” She swallows hard and stutters for a bit. She gathers the courage, “I didn’t.” She stares furiously at him.

Muaj Tsheeb: “You were referring me to filth.”

Tsab: “It seems she’s not alone.” He crawls up to the door and tries to listen through the hut.
Hli Nra: “When?” She poked him in the chest causing him to back off a bit. “When did I mention your name?” She pokes his chest again and he takes a step back.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Earlier…a second ago…” He grew silent because did never mention his name only hinting it.

Hli Nra: “Go ahead, tell me.” She pokes him and he takes another step back.

Tsab: “Who’s missing with Kuv tus me Hli (my little Moon)?” He opens the door which nudges Hli Nra and causing her to crash into Muaj Tsheeb.

Muaj Tsheeb’s back smacked into the hard floor underneath as Hli Nra fell ontop of him. Hli Nra and Muaj Tsheeb’s eyes widen. Muaj Tsheeb felt a moist and tender warmth on his face. Hli Nra seeing that her lips had plucked his cheek, quickly unlocked it. Her face was turning pink from embarrassment. They stared each other in astonishment, unable to consume in what had happen.

kab hnub

sarNie Hatchling
thanks for the wonderful update. i think i'm going to like Muaj Tseeb's Pog from her reactions. Haha, Tsab is so funny and clumsy at the same time. But, such a cute way to end the chapter. a kissed on the cheek and he was stunned :D can't wait for more updates.

__dazzling-me__

sarNie Egg
Muaj Tseeb's pog sound strict. Why is Muaj Tseeb trying to hide Hli Nra from his grandmother??? This is something I'm waiting to know. can't wait for the next chapter. awesome!!!!

maichi

sarNie Hatchling
Ahhhhhh... that was sooo cute how they kiss!! He is still being a jerk to her but oh well i am sure he'll be nice sometime later! LOL!

Thanks for the update it was a good update!! I hope that you updte it soon again because i am getting very interest in this!! :wub: :wub: :lol:

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Muaj Tseeb's pog sound strict. Why is Muaj Tseeb trying to hide Hli Nra from his grandmother??? This is something I'm waiting to know. can't wait for the next chapter. awesome!!!!
Chapter 3 should reveal it. I'm rushing the story a bit.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 3

Tsab: “Who the heck is messing with Me Hli (little moon).”

Hli Nra quickly gets up. Muaj Tsheeb follow’s quickly and slap the dirt off his pants. Tsab was about to punch him but lower his fist. Hli Nra went to get her half wet shirt and covered herself.

Tsab: “Oh. It’s you, boss…is this real or a dream?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Slap yourself to see if it’s real or not.” He did as he was told.

Tsab: “Ouch. It hurts a lot. Wow you are really here. Muaj Tsheeb, you don’t like coming to the farm, why have your come today?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “If you had done your job well, I wouldn’t be here. Didn’t you see earlier there was going to be a mishap?”

Hli Nra: “What are you talking about?” She curiously eavesdrops on their discussion.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Tsab just remember to do your job.” He ignores her.

Hli Nra: “Muaj Tsheeb, I’m asking you a question.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “You are not in the position to be demanding me.” He took a step out of the door.

Hli Nra: “How come you were trying to keep me from meeting your grandma?” It startled Muaj Tsheeb for a moment.

Muaj Tsheeb: “You know?”

Hli Nra: “Know? What am I suppose to know?” He turned around and studied her. She looks really clueless, so he just leaves.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Does she know or just pretending…?

As Muaj Tsheeb drives home he begins to think of the actual contract that was made by his grandma and Hli Nra’s uncle. He grew worry as he reminisces about it. He presumes Hli Nra doesn’t know a thing so it’s not a problem to him however if she does finds out he worries she’ll spread the news to his grandma to cause further complications.

Later that night the laborers were having a small feast. Hli Nra was warming herself by the side of the camp fire and watching the others chit-chat and also looking over the pot that had the “Khao Tom Mat/Khao Tom Pad ข้าวต้มมัด (Steamed sticky rice pouches with fillings)” that were steaming inside. The dessert was a Thai style dessert, made from Thai glutinous rice, fragrant pisang Raja and fresh coconut milk, wrapped in banana leaves.

When it was done another worker helped Hli Nra take it off the fire and onto the table. They carefully took off the lid to let the steam out and let the dessert cool down.

Worker: “Do you think it turned out good?” She asked because Hli Nra offered to make the desserts, since that was the only thing she could afford to do for them.

Hli Nra: “I had done this a couple of time, living with my uncle and his family they don’t like repetitive food so I had to learn how to make a variety of food from other cultures.” She opens one of the pouches and cut a piece for her to taste.

Worker: “Wow, the sweet coconut glutinous rice and the sweet mixture of the ripe banana makes it so…so…sweet!” She went to grab her own pouch and unwrapped it.

Hli Nra: “Don’t take such a big bite!”

Worker: “Ouch…ow. Hot, hot…good good…”

She opens her mouth to let the steaming dessert cool down in her mouth as she ran off to tell the others, causing people to overcrowd Hli Nra for a taste.

Hli Nra: “It’s very hot guys, let it cool down first.” They were getting excited as she gave it out. “Please be gentle, I’ll eventually come to your turn.” They were shoving her left and right.

Tsab: “Hey you guys, stop it you’re going to stampede her or what?”

Hli Nra was afraid with their shoving she might knock the table down with the food. But she was lucky someone’s voice caught their attention.

Men: “Why are you guys scrambling as though there’s free money lying around there!” It was as though the moment went in slow mode as everyone turned to see who the voice belongs to. For Hli Nra she already knew.

Tsab: “Muaj Tsheeb, you didn’t need to raise your voice.”

The other girls were acting all giddy over him, shyly swaying themselves right and left. The crowd gradually made a path as Muaj Tsheeb made his way toward Hli Nra.

Tsab: “Stop wasting time here, go…shoot…” He made them grab their own piece of dessert and scatter away.

Muaj Tsheeb: “What do we have here?” He came to stand by her side.

Hli Nra: “Just some plain dessert, it probably won’t interest you.” She continues cutting the dessert into cubes for those who didn’t want to eat the whole stick.

Muaj Tsheeb: “I have to see the item first before making a decision if it’s worth eating or not.”

Hli Nra: “Something sweet like this won’t mix well with something bitter.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Oh. Maybe what you made is so disgusting you’re making excuse so I won’t eat it.” She didn’t say anything but he could tell she was irritated because she had slam the knife when slicing the dessert. “It’s true, isn’t it….”

He didn’t get to finish his sentence since Hli Nra had already stuck a piece of the dessert in his mouth. Doing so, so hastily the tips of her two fingers had gone into his mouth. When she slips it out she could see and feel it brush against the bottom of his lips. When the dessert slipped in his mouth for a moment warmth overwhelmed his heart. Since the death of his parents he had cut off on the sweetness of life. His eyes wouldn’t budge from her. Hli Nra was hesitant but she couldn’t leave it be. She didn’t put the dessert straight in his mouth when she stuck it in, so a little gluttonous rice had smeared on the corner of his mouth. She raised her hand up again and started wiping his mouth but suddenly freezes to gaze at him. It was as if she had seen him before, but where? When Muaj Tsheeb snaps out of it he gently clutches her hand and pulled it away from his face. When she realized what she was doing her immediately yank her hand away.

Tsab: “Me Hli (little Moon), would you mind feeding me too?” He asked excitedly. The others calls her to gather more wood.

Hli Nra: “The fire is going out, I have to put in more wood.” She excuses herself.

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “Son, Muaj Tsheeb?” After hearing the others rumor she wanted to see if he really came. “You never liked coming here to the farm area as a child, why are you here today? Maybe tomorrow will be very sunny.” She talked to Muaj Tsheeb keeping him occupy. Even though he was casually talking to Niam Lwm Xeeb he was still stealing glances at Hli Nra who was throwing some wood into the bowl of fire, Hli Nra did the same.

When people started clean up, Hli Nra headed to her hut. She went to sit at her bed and think. “Why does it seem I had meet him somewhere before. She started folding her bath towel and put it by her side. She hears the door squeak open and think it’s her roommate coming in.

Hli Nra: “Did you guys need help outside, I’ll be right out.” She gets up and the person standing at the door was no other than Muaj Tsheeb. “Why did you come in here? Aren’t you afraid of what people will say?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “They’re pre-occupy cleaning up outside.”

Hli Nra: “Is there something you want to clear up with me, that’s why you keep coming here?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Yes. It’s concerning the contract.”

Hli Nra: “I signed it already, what’s more to it?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “The fact that the contract you signed was a modification of the actual contract made between your uncle and my grandma. Mister Xais Tuam, your uncle, had borrowed a large sum from ‘Vam Meej (Prosperous) Rice Plantation,’ has agree for the payment to be paid by wedding his adopted daughter, Hli Nra, to the Hawj family at the end of the this year.”

Hli Nra: “What did you say?” She was in shock but it faded when she grasp how lucky she was that Muaj Tsheeb changed the contract.

Her uncle had always treated her as his own child. Because of his wicked wife and daughter’s bad habit of spending he and Hli Nra was always working left and right to support them. Her uncle had pleaded her to use the money she earned to go her own way a long time ago but because she didn’t want her uncle to bear the misery alone she stayed. She had always had gratitude toward him for taking her in as a child.

The new contract that Muaj Tsheeb gave Hli Nra, had two parts to it, the first part he had hidden, had the statement that signing the new contract will diminish the existing of the old one. From Hli Nra having to marry him to Hli Nra labor at his farm to pay off the debt.

Muaj Tsheeb: “If you had that choice, you would marry me instead, taking the easy way out.”

Hli Nra: “Are you crazy? I’m thankful the contract had been revised.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Lair. People have always said the seed doesn’t fall far from its roots. How your uncle acts, reflects on how you were raise. Lying and conniving. He wanted the debt paid by easily by just giving you to my family. How is the debt suppose to be paid for when you’re going to be living with us and we’ll be providing you shelter and money. That’s swindling, he gets away with free money as well as having his adopted daughter live a rich life style without even having to lose a sweat. Do you guys treat me for a fool?” Hli Nra shakes her head in disbelief.

Hli Nra: “Does it make any sense to you, if I really want your money, why would I be working here.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “It’s because you didn’t know beforehand about the actual agreement.”

Hli Nra: “Even if I did know, I wouldn’t had wanted you.” She lowers her voice on her last sentence. “I rather worked here at the farm my whole life to pay it off than to live a miserable life married to a person as mean as you.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “I know what you’re doing, you’re trying to deceive me by playing nice, winning my trust. I’m not easy to deceive as my grandma is. Whatever you are planning, I’ll always be one step ahead of you.”

Hli Nra: “I’ve already oblige by my part of the deal to work here and pay off the debt. It fair and equal, isn’t not? Why do you have to come here and look down on me?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “I don’t know.” He approaches her. “The way you looked at me knowing your uncle owe debts to people; are you sure this is the first time he gave you away.”

Hli Nra: “You better stop, I know where you’re heading with this…”

Muaj Tsheeb: “You are someone else’s left over, aren’t you?

Hli Nra: “Muaj Tsheeb! You…” She tries to calm herself down.

Muaj Tsheeb: “What I say has some truth to it, otherwise you wouldn’t be this furious.”

Hli Nra: “I’m furious because I can’t believe something like this would come out of someone like you.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Someone like me?”

Hli Nra: “You look like a well educated person, yet you act so ill mannered, like a person from the ghettos.”

Muaj Tsheeb grips her arm and tugged her forward. Hli Nra can see his jaw tighten. He didn’t like her comparison one bit.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Do not compare me to those country bumpkins.”

Hli Nra: “What I had said isn’t even hurtful as what you accused me of being, yet you’re so outrage.” She thought to herself.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Don’t make me angry.”

Hli Nra: “Take back your words then.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Why?”

Hli Nra: “Because it’s not true. I won’t stand for it. Not one second in my life that it ever came across my mind to sell myself. All my life I have work through sweat and tears.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Really?” He says sarcastically and leans closer into her.

Hli Nra: “Yes, really!” She raised her head high with blazing eyes flaring at him.

Muaj Tsheeb: “You…what are…”

Hli Nra: “What?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “What are you being proud of? Do you think you’re tough?”

Hli Nra: “Yes, I am tough. What are you going to do about it?”

He released her arm and gave her a cunning grin. Before she knew it he had cupping the side of her face and quickly pulled her toward him. The tip of their nose touched when she stumbled forward. She gulped and held her breath.

Muaj Tsheeb: “What are you going to do about?” His hot minty breath brushed against her lips when he spoke. He could feel her trembling a little.

__dazzling-me__

sarNie Egg
Great chapter! LOve it!!!! Can't wait for the next update. I hope the grandmother finds out soon and hit Muaj Tseeb in the head. aahahaha

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 4

Hli Nra: “If you don’t release me, I’m going to yell rape.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Hli Nra.” He thought to himself. “Your skin is so fair and white, doesn’t even look liked you worked a day in her life. I won’t fall for your trap.” He taunts her by caressing her face. “Now you’re revealing your true color, huh. This is the kind of tactic you use to catch a husband, by yelling false accusations.”

Hli Nra: “You have such a thick face to continue to bad mouth me.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “The skin that covers a person’s face, no matter who it belongs to, the thickness is the same.” He leans forward and whispers into her ear. “But it’s you who made me thick face.” Hli Nra shoves him away.

She immediately pulled down the transparent cloth that had been wrapped up and hung above them to cover Muaj Tsheeb’s presence. The cloth was use to divide the privacy of each bed, but Hli Nra used it to hide Muaj Tsheeb. “You can’t avoid me, Hli Nra.” He quietly said to himself as he swipe the cloth aside so he can catch a glimpse her. “You’re so aggravating.” She quickly pulls it back. He was having fun continuing moving the cloth aside and making her lose her patience.

Hli Nra: “There is nothing further for us to discuss, take your leave.” She murmurs. She held onto the cloth as Muaj Tsheeb tries to move it aside.

As they tugged onto it the thin string that held the cloth snaps from the ceiling. Both Hli Nra and Muaj Tsheeb lost their balance and falls on the bed behind them.

Hli Nra: “Get off me.” She tries to push him off. He tries to cover her mouth. “Let me go.” She mumbled underneath his hand that covered her mouth.

Muaj Tsheeb: “Stop you’re going to make a commotion.” She took hold of his hand that covered her mouth and bit his hand. “Ouch…” He yanks his hand out of her hold and shakes it.

Hli Nra: “Rape (Mos)!” She took the opportunity to scream. He tries to cover her mouth again but she had already turned him over. She sat on his back and start slapping him silly. “Don’t think you can take advantage of me.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Hli Nra, you do really want to marry me, that’s why you did what you just did.” Hli Nra forgot to think about that when she scream. If someone catch them together he’ll be force to take responsibility if not then it would be a shame to them both.

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “What’s going on…”

Both of them could hear her voice and some others trying to scramble in. Hli Nra quickly got off of Muaj Tsheeb and pushed him onto the other side of the bed onto the floor so he was hidden from their view.

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “Why did you yell ‘rape (mos)’ what’s happening?” She and a few girls came running.

Hli Nra: “Umm…you guys are mistaken. What I meant by screaming ‘rape (mos)’ I meant ‘deer (mos lwj).” She points at the window. “Just a second ago I saw a deer (mos lwj).”

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “This area don’t have deers you must be hallucinating.”

Hli Nra: “That might be it.”

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “Next time make sure your choice of wording is correct too, you scare the living hell out of us.”

Hli Nra: “Alright.” She just laughs it off. The group turns around to leave and Hli Nra sigh in relief but Niam Lwm Xeeb turns back to observe the scene.

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “What happen to the cloth?” Hli Nra turns around to look at the cloth that laid on the bed. She bites her finger trying to figure out what to say next.

Hli Nra: “It’s was…it was looking a bit crooked so I took it off to re-fix it. You don’t need to worry, I’ll put it right up.”

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “Alright then, Hli Nra.”

Hli Nra: “Is there anything you guys need me to help with outside?” She tries to change the subject.

Niam Lwm Xeeb: “Hli Nra, you don’t need to help. You better just sleep early tonight, or else tomorrow at the fields you’ll be seeing this and that.”

When the door shuts behind Niam Lwm Xeeb’s back, Muaj Tseeb sat up immediately and brush the dust off his sleeves before standing to his feet. Hli Nra turn to face him.

Muaj Tseeb: “Look at yourself. Your lies flow out so naturally. Just for that, I’m going to charge you interest.” He spoke as he walks past her. “As in the contracted stated if I ever feel that you lack effort to work off the debt, interest will be added.”

Hli Nra: “I didn’t lack work.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Shush.” He turns around to face her. “The fact that you acted like you wanted to get out of the debt situation by getting me to marry you, that is your mistake.”

Hli Nra: “I didn’t mean to…” He cuts her off.

Muaj Tsheeb: “It doesn’t matter to me whether you had well-intention or not. I only know that a person like you would find ways to end the debt without any delay.”

Hli Nra: “I…” He cuts her off.

Muaj Tsheeb: “End of discussion.”

Hli Nra: “You’re not being fair.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Miss (Me leej muam), who ever told you that life was fair. Oblige by what you signed. Got it.”

Hli Nra: “I’m a good person and I’ll show you that I am legit.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “Just work off your debt. Whatever else you do, I will never be able to see it.”

The next morning Tsab came to wake everyone up. When he entered Hli Nra’s hut all he found was an empty bed with a neatly folded blanket. That early morning as everyone headed to the fields, he notices someone out of place.

Tsab: “Paj, how come you are here at the flied?”

Paj: “There was someone to replace me today.”

Tsab: “Who?”

Paj: “Sorry, I don’t know. I forgot to ask for her name.”

Naim Lwm Xeeb: “Tsab! Quit talking over there and take check in the workers who came in today.”

Hli Nra had just came from the river bed near the shelter area and enter the outdoor shower hut. Over her shoulder was a bamboo stick and hanging from each side was a water bucket. She lowers herself and put the water bucket down before pouring each one of them into the water jar. It was her last set before the jar finally filled up. She massages her shoulder for a bit before heading to do her next chore. She was now in the woods near the shelter area alone cutting wood. After cutting off a good amount of wood she piles it on the wood carrier and carried it back to the shelter.

Hli Nra: “It’s fine Hli Nra.” She spoke to herself. “The harder I work, the sooner it’ll be over.”

She steadily and slowly walks up the hill to make sure she doesn’t slip. After stocking the wood pile, she had to head further down the rice fields over to Muaj Tseeb’s other personal family field that had a few animals she had to feed and a little garden she had to clean up the weeds from.

At Muaj Tsheeb’s mansion, when Muaj Tsheeb came out of office a guest had arrived and was talking with Muaj Tsheeb’s Pog (Grandma) by the door. It appear he was about to leave. Muaj Tsheeb was heading out to check if the workers in his factory got the orders ready to send to his customers and was in a hurry.

Pog: “Muaj Tsheeb, why don’t you greet Nuj Tsim?”

Muaj Tsheeb: “The person who makes an appearance without an appointment should introduce them themselves first.”

Pog: “Muaj Tsheeb, stop being ignorant.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “My younger sister hasn’t arrived back from abroad yet. It’s not the time for you to come claim her.” He and Muaj Tsheeb’s younger sister had been engaged since they were kids but he never liked him since his parents were always comparing him to be like Nuj Tsim, as if what he did was never good enough.

Pog: “Muaj Tsheeb, quite being rude to your guest.”

Nuj Tsim: “Pog…it’s fine. I can see that Muaj Tsheeb attitude when he was a child to now, haven’t changed a bit.” He turns to talk to Muaj Tsheeb. “I came here today because my parents wanted me to drop off a welcoming back fruit basket for you.” Muaj Tsheeb looked irritated so he excuses himself. “Pog. I have some business to prepare for later in the day, so I better get going.”

Pog: “Alright then, I won’t be holding you back. If you have time please come visit us again.”

Nuj Tsim: “Alright. Please take care of yourself.”

Pog: “You as well.”

Nuj Tsim: “Muaj Tsheeb, Congratulation on your return. We’ll meet each other again when time permits.”

Muaj Tsheeb: “I have some urgent business to attend too. I’ll be leaving as well.” He leaves first.

Once Hli Nra was feeding the animals of Muaj Tseeb’s personal farm, she ran back to the worker’s shelter area. Hli Nra had to started preparing lunch for the workers. She had use a lighter to burn a paper and put it in between the twigs to light it up. The fire caught the twigs but the wind was blowing killing it a bit. Hli Nra try to get the lighter going but it wouldn’t flare up. She saw that there were still little red flames in between the twigs, she quickly lean closer into it adding more twigs and blowing on it to keep it alive.

Hli Nra: “Come on. Come on. It’s almost afternoon; do you want me to get in trouble?” She spoke to it.

Just as she finish her sentence the fire blaze up surprising her, she was lucky she moved back in time. She coughs because she inhaled some of the smoke. Carefully she put in larger piece of wood, one at a time, feeding the fire so it won’t die out.

Hli Nra was running all over the place. She was washing a bowl of Choy sum vegetable (zaub paj) to get the dirt out of them and rushing back to the steaming rice. She used a fan to fan the fire beneath to make it flare more as well as adding more wood into it. After washing the Choy sum vegetable she pour them into the big wok and stir fried it with the pork that had already browned. Even though the side dish was done the rice still haven’t cooked thoroughly so Hli Nra went to supervise it. She was fanning and coughing the smoke out of her lungs when she heard a male voice behind her.

Nuj Tsim: “Excuse me. Do you know where I can find Tsab?”

Hli Nra: “He should be at the fields.” She didn’t even bother to turn to talk to him, she opens the lid and seeing that the rice was ready she took the pot and pours the rice into a tray and put the fire out. She covered the tray with a foil and was about to carry the tray to the table but Nuj Tsim had walked around and leaned down to stop her.

Nuj Tsim: “Here, let me help you.”

His hands were over hers. It gives Hli Nra an eerie feeling, she slowly raised her head to look at the men infront of her, Nuj Tsim did the same. When they realized who each other was she quickly stood up.

Hli Nra: “Nuj Nraim?!” He also stood up. “Is it really you?” She thought. “No…it can’t be I’m hallucinating.” She gently smacks her forehead with her palm. “Yes, I’ve been working too hard. This is what happens when you overwork.” She looks at the men infront of her again; he was too well dress to be Nuj Nraim.