Love vs. Rich

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
Hello...this is not my story but my friend's who gave me permission to post this story...so i repeat...this is not my story...lol...anyway...this is a retelling story of one of my favorite lakorn...though he did changed it a little XD ...lol...anyway...hope you guys enjoy it...and please give me feed backs...so i can tell it to my friend...thanks...

Chap 1

In the village near the coast, a poor family is eating dinner inside a dirty wooden house. Husband and wife are eating side by side as the wife feeds him not for the fun of it, but because he is blind. Two daughters are also sitting side by side, the oldest feeding the youngest. They are only rice with peppers for dinner, but they don’t care because they have each other.
BOOM, BOOM. A knock is heard form the door, followed by people yelling, “Open the door, open the door!” Feeling terrified, the frightened family sits still, listening to the angry voices demanding them to open the door. The wife finds her courage to go up and open the door but instead, the door broke down form constant kicking as huge men burst into the house.
“We’re here for the mortgage,” said a short man that came in last.
“Sorry,” the wife said trembling, “but we don’t have the money yet, but I’m sure I can pay you by someday, just give me time.”
“Time?! You think that I have time?! I have been putting up this debt for like what, ten years, and you are telling me to give you more time!” The wife trembles with fear at hearing his thunderous voice rumble throughout the house.
“Look lady, I didn’t want you to pay for the last ten years because I only thought of your children, but now it’s time to pay up.”
“But please have mercy, sir. Please let us stay.”
“Enough! Pay up now or suffer the consequences.”
“Please, let us stay and I’ll pay you the mortgage by next year.”
“I’ve heard enough! Men, take their things!” His men goes to work and starts to pick up their most valuable and expensive things, like the television, quits, jewelries, tables, chairs, and beds. The husband listened helplessly as the men takes their things. The short man looks around and sees the younger daughter wears a beautiful pearl necklace.
“Get the necklace from that little girl,” he said. The wife, husband, and the oldest daughter start to plead as the youngest one cries in fright.
“Please,” the wife sobbed, “That’s my necklace from my mother. Please don’t take it away!”
“You can have it back once you pay back the mortgages,” the short man said as he puts the necklace into his pocket. When the man leaves, the house is left with nothing but only their clothes, blanket and sheets lying on the floor. The family cries through that night but it seems like an eternity.

The next day, a friend of the wife comes to visit them and sees that the house is empty.
“What happened here?” she asked.
“We couldn’t pay the mortgages sot he land lord took out things to replace our mortgages.”
“Oh, I’m so sorry Felis.”
“Don’t worry Sarah, we can manage.”
“You guys don’t have anything to work with now.” She stops to think, searching her head to see what she is going to say next. She remembers and says in an exciting voice, “Why don’t you come to the city with me? I know a job you can work in.”
“I would like to but my family needs me.”
“Come on Felis. If your family really needs you then come with me to the city and get a job. Then you can send them money by mail. Come on, what do you say?”
“I’ll have to ask Fong first.”
“No, don’t ask him.”
“Why not?”
“Because he might say no.”
“If he said no, then it is my destiny to stay here.”
“But you need the money. Come on Felis, think of your children.” Felis thinks for a while, then she smiles and said, “Fine, I’ll do it. Just give me a pencil and paper.”
“Done!”

That night, Felis quietly gets up and walks stealthy to get what’s left of her belongings. She sets the letter on the floor and walks quietly out of the house and disappears into the night.

In the morning, the oldest daughter finds the letter her left and reads it to Fong. He is very upset but knows it had to be done.
“Ka Lu, when does it say that your mother will come back?”
“It doesn’t say.”
“Well, looks like we have to wait then.”

A month goes by. The young Ka Lu comes back from school and she reach inside the mailbox. To her surprise, it was a letter from her mother. She runs into the house to tell her father the good news. She opens the envelope which contains money and a letter from Felis. She reads to Fong:

“Dear Fong and my beloved daughters,

I’m doing great. The city is so large but I manage to fit into the city. I got a great manager named Alex. That is all I have to say. I hope you guys are doing great. Bye and be good my two sweet girls.

Your wife or mother,
Felis.”

Fong and Ka Lu are so glad to hear that she is safe and having a great time. During the next two months, they receive the same from Felis, some money and a letter. Those were the happiest moments of their lives.

The following month comes and Ka Lu happily checks the mail, but there is no letter. She runs into the house and reports that they receive no letter. Fong becomes worried to hear that there is no letter from Felis.

Three months passes as they wait for the letter. Ka Lu comes back from school and reaches into the mail box and pulls out a letter that is not from Felis but from her best friend, Sarah. She runs into the house to report to her father about the letter. She opens the letter and dropped it as soon as she reads it.
“What does it say Ka Lu? Please read it.” Knowing that she has to face the truth, she picks up the letter and reads:

“Dear Felis’s family,

I’m sorry but Felis is dead.

Love,
Sarah.”

Ten years passed ever since they got the letter of Felis death. A graduation ceremony is taking place in a school inside the gym. A well dressed teacher is on the stage giving a speech.
“Today is the day that my students and your daughters or sons had graduated from this school. Again, I have experience the thrill of teaching these smart students to the end. I have begun to love them like my own daughter and son and it’s to this day that I have to release them to get their goal. They have passed every obstacle as I see their mind expanded into the new world of learning. Now that they’re going, I’m going to miss them and pray that they will receive what they want. Now, I would like to award this gift to a hard working student in this school. A plate that signifies what she had been through and what obstacle she has to go through in order to get her goal. That student maintain a 4.0 G.P.A. while selling food and charms on the street to provide for her family and with this, she inspire us all that anything can be overcome. Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to present Ka Lu Teng, the wonder girl!” The students cheer and the parents applaud as a beautiful girl stood up and walk onto the stage. Her hair is black which flows like water and her eyes are blue like the sea. Her skin is tan to show signs of being under the sun too long and her body is slim like a pinball. Her smile added a beautiful glow to her features as she walks over to the stage. The teacher hands over the gift to Ka Lu and she bow down to show her respect. The teacher hands the microphone to her and she speaks to the crowds.
“Thank you Mr. Crude and thank you parents for continuing the support of this school. Yes, it has been some very long years but my classmate and I have graduated from this school of which I learn their name and they learn my name. It is here that you had support me through school; it is here that we became friends; it is here that we learn and have fun; it is here that we became one and help others in need. I will remember my classmate and my friends till the end.” She looks at the plate that was given to her and begins to speak once again.
“I earn this plate through the teachings of my father, and this plate represents what my father always told me, never to give up hope. He told me the right from wrong and even though he is blind, he can see a world that I can’t see. I would like to give this to my mentor, my father for telling me never to give up.” The students cheer and the parents applaud again as she walk from the stage to her father and hands him the plate. She kisses her twelve year old sister on the cheek to show how she appreciates her.

After the ceremony, they went back home to find a man standing on the porch, looking towards the door. Ka Lu tells her sister and Fong to stay put and walk slowly to the mysterious man. She taps his shoulder and the man turns to see her.
“Who are you?” he said in a rough voice.
“I’m Ka Lu.”
“Do you know a guy name Fong?”
“Yes, he’s my father.”
“Can I speak with him?”
“Sure.” She signals her sister to bring Fong. She tells the man to come inside when she open the door. Once Fong gets inside, the man tells the girls to get out and wait outside.
“Why do we have to get out?”
“Because this information is for your father only.”
“But we have the right to know too.”
“Ka Lu, Mai, please stand outside because I don’t want the man to have a hard time.” With this, Ka Lu took Mai outside and the man close the door behind him. Once the door is close, Ka Lu immediately goes to find a place where she can eavesdrop and Mai follows, not knowing what she was doing. She found an open window and squat where she is.
“What are you doing?” Mai ask but Ka Lu just simply told her to be quiet as she was trying to listen to the conversation.
“Your wife is still alive.”
“Felis is alive!”
“Yes.”
“I thought that she is dead? Well, at least that’s what the letter said.”
“No, Sarah wrote that letter so that you guys wouldn’t pursuit her.”
“Tell me, where is Felis? How is she?”
“Calm down, she is in the city called Khon Kaen and she is doing perfectly fine.”
“Thank goodness sake she’s doing find.”
“Yes, but now I must be going.”
“So soon? Why don’t you stay and have a drink.”
“Sorry, I must go. Oh and here is some money from Felis incase you guys need it.” Ka Lu heard footsteps of the man going for the door. She grabs Mai’s hand and quickly returns to their position on the porch. The man opens the door, walks out to his car and drove away. Ka Lu enters the house to find her father’s tear run down his cheek.

That night, Ka Lu went outside with her father while Mai cooks rice for dinner. There was a very long silence before Ka Lu speaks up.
“So, mom is still alive.”
“Yes, your mother is still alive.”
“What are we going to do then?”
“Go find her.”
“Go find her? Why would we go find her?”
“And why wouldn’t you want your mother back?”
“Because…she broke her promise.”
“Promise? What promise?”
“She promise me the day when you became blind. She promises me never to leave us even in the darkest of our lives but she broke it and left us!”
“But she sent us money and letters.”
“What good does that do anyway? All I want is her not her stupid money and letters.”
“But she is still your mother Ka Lu and she will always love you.” She couldn’t find anymore words to say and she return to the house without eating dinner. That night, she thought it over in her mind if she should forgive her mother or not.

The next morning, she helps her father pack his things, still thinking whether or not she should go”
“Are you sure you don’t want to go?”
“I’m still thinking,” she answered him.

Hours later, they finished packing and Fong tells Mai to lead him the way to the train station but as they were leaving, Fong ask her for the last time, “Are you sure you don’t want to go?” Ka Lu drags her briefcase from her room and said, “Yes, I want to go.”

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
Kinda sound like that one lakorn Joy
does,but so farr good job.
lol...you're right...it's very much like the lakorn that joy does with paul...lol...he's like saying, "no it isn't, this one has many twist" but i said he is retelling it...lol...he likes that lakorn so it doesn't matter if he made that story his outline...lol...

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
ohhhh...he sent another chapter and my favorite one too...lol...this is the chapter where...mmmmmmmm...nvm...i don't want to spoil this chapter...tell me if this chapter is lovable alright...lol...thanks...oh...and my friend said thanks for your feedbacks...he really is enjoying to complete this for you all...lol...anyway...here's the chapter...

Chapter 2

The train came into a screeching halt at the train station. Ka Lu and the others got off the train with their luggage in hand ready to go. They all sit at a bench to rest their tired feet.
“Mai, you stay here with dad while I go ask someone for directions o.k.”
“O.k. but hurry back.” Ka Lu walks off to find somebody she could ask.
Meanwhile a man dress in black with black sunglasses came out of the crowd. He sits with Mai and looked around like a normal person would do. Fong felt his presence and ask Mai, “Is Ka Lu here already?”
“No dad,” and as soon as she said that, the man grabs the money punch from her and attempts to run away but she holds on to his leg and begs him to give it back. He kicks her off him and throws a suitcase at Fong when he attempts to catch him. The man dashes out of the scene when Ka Lu returns and spotted Mai crying.
“What happened?”
“That man stole daddy’s money,” she sobs as she points out where he is. Ka Lu pursuits the man in black and brush past many crowds and obstacles he created.
In the meantime, a fine-looking young man was getting out of the train. His short black messy hair shows that he had been working a lot as he took a sip from his coffee. His eyes are brown like the tree trunk and his calm face makes him look like a child of ten. He took a step and a man in black ran pass him.
“That was close,” he said to himself and he continues to walk down the steps.
“Out of the way!” He turns around to see who yelled out that command and in an instant, Ka Lu crashed onto him, spilling his own coffee over his white shirt.
“Darn it!”
“I’m so sorry,” Ka Lu apologizes and continues on her chase. The man looks at himself soak in his coffee.
“Darn it!” he shouted once again, “and this is suppose to be a new shirt!”

Ka Lu lost the thief after several crowds and returns to Fong and Mai, disappointed.
“I lost him,” she reported.
“If only I wasn’t blind, I could’ve caught him.”
“No father, don’t blame it on yourself. If I was still here with you and Mai, I could’ve stopped him.”
“Why did you lose him again?” Mai asked.
“I lost him because of that guy. If he wasn’t in the way, I could have caught the thief, but I felt sorry for him though because I accidentally spilled his coffee all over him.”
“I see.”
“Well, I guess we have to get going,” Fong said to them, “we can’t stay here. We have to find your mother.”
“O.k.,” and their search for Felis begins.

Meanwhile, a car was parked on a pavement in front of a big mansion. The man with his coffee stain shirt got out of his car and walks into the mansion. He looks inside to see a tall man sitting on a sofa, reading a newspaper. He looks up from his newspaper when he hears his footsteps and snicker at the sight of him. He coffee stain shirt man just looks at him with a frown and sits with him on the sofa.
“What happen to you little brother?” he asked still snickering.
“None of your business Tyno,” and he snatch the newspaper from him and reads it.
“Come on, tell me. You must have a great day.”
“Great day! You think that I have a great day?! Just look at me! I’m very tired and plus my new shirt is stained with coffee!” His brother starts to howl with laughter and bangs the table with his fist.
“Yeah, yeah laugh it off.”
“How did it happen anyway?”
“When I got off the train, a girl crash onto me and made me spill my own coffee on my t-shirt.” Tyno continues to laugh, not paying attention to his brother frowning face. He puts down the newspaper and stands up to leave.
“Where are you going now Yaki?” Tyno asked recovering from his wild laugh.
“First, a change of clothes, then, I’m going to a friends house,” and Yaki continues up the stairs.

Nightfall came and still nobody knew a woman named Felis. Ka Lu decided to call it a day and they rest in an abandoned house.
“When will we find mother?” Mai wondered.
“Soon enough Mai, soon enough,” Fong answered to reassure her.
“I’m hungry daddy.”
“Ka Lu, do we still have money?”
“Yeah, luckily I put some in my pocket.”
“Can you go buy something for us to eat?”
“Sure and she sets off to find a store.

Moments later, she finds a food stand and walk up to the lady who owns it.
“Hello there, what do you want?” Ka Lu looks down at the selection to decide what she wants to buy.
“I want three rice bowls please.”
“Excellent choice,” and the lady gave her three rice bowl in the bag as Ka Lu gives her the money but the lady was not satisfied as she said, “Young lady, the rice bowls cost eighteen dollars and you gave me fifth teen.”
“I’m so sorry but can I have the rice bowls please. I’ll pay you later.”
“I’m sorry but I can’t do that. Pay me now or I’ll call the police on you.”
“Please, my sister is very hungry.”
“Pay now or you’ll…” but she never finishes her sentence as a dog got lose from a house nearby and barks at them. The lady was so afraid that she immediately jumps on the top of her food stand. Ka Lu uses this opportunity to run, ignoring the lady’s threats. She runs and runs until she collides with three guys. One was wearing all white, the other is wearing a yellow t-shirt and the third one wears a green long sleeve shirt. Ka Lu knows that she is in trouble by seeing their smile at the sight of her. She tries to run but one of them grabs her arm while the other picks up her legs. She screams for help but nobody hears her because they’re deep down in the woods. They set her on the ground and the yellow and green one hold her arms while the white one is unzipping his pants. She kicks the white one’s stomach and jabs the green one’s jaw then punch the last one with her free hand on the face. She then runs as fast as she can out of the woods.
Yaki’s car stopped in the middle of the woods and he quickly gets out of the car.
“Man, I should have use the bathroom when I have the chance,” and he did his business on the side of the road. He started to hear footsteps and he turns to see Ka Lu running towards him.
“What happen to you?” he asked in a worry tone but she fainted in his arms.
“Hey, can you hear me?!” He looks up to see the three guys stopping in their tracks.
“Get out of here right now or I’ll kick your guys’ asses.”
“Who do you think you are,” the white one said.
“Your daddy that’s who.” The white one became mad and charge at him with his fist ready to fight. Yaki put Ka Lu down and kicks him on the chest. The other two try to hit him but he dodges and roundhouse kicks the green one in the face. He turns to the yellow guy and jabs its face two times before tripping him to the ground. The white one recovers and pulls out a switchblade. Yaki turns around just in time to dodge the first strike but his left forearm was cut by the switchblade on the second strike. Mad with rage, Yaki kicks the switchblade out of his hand and punch his two times follow by an uppercut to his jaw. The guy fell down defeated as he is nursing his jaw. The other two back down at look at Yaki with fear.
“Leave now!” he ordered after he takes a step forward. They all got up and ran away from him. He carried Ka Lu into the car and found a rag to wrap around his wound. Then he drove off into the night.

Moments later, his car is parked in front of his house. He got out of the car and opens the back seat door to see Ka Lu.
“Hey, wake up,” he whispered but she is still unconscious.
“Hey, can you hear me? Please wake up,” but there is still no response from her.
“Sorry about this,” he sighs. He picks her up and carries her all the way to his bedroom quietly.
“Man you’re heavy,” he said once he lays her down on the bed. He covers her with a blanket and went to the wardrobe to find some sheets and pillow. The sheets were spread on the floor to make a bed for him. When he is taking out a spare blanket from the wardrobe, he peek at the sleeping Ka Lu, his heart beats slowly and his eyes cannot have enough of her beauty. He continues on to make his bed and took one last look at her.
“I’ll see you tomorrow,” he whispers to her and he was fast asleep.

The next morning, Ka Lu awakens to find herself in a strange place. She couldn’t remember anything except that she bumps into another guy when she was running away from the gangster. She gets out of bed and steps on something or someone. She looks down beyond her feet and sees a man cover his sheet from head to toe.
“Ahhhhh!” Ka Lu screams and awakens Yaki from his slumber as he quickly sat up, alert. He instantly stood up, whispering, “Shhh, don’t scream here.” She swings her fist and punch him in the nose and he stagger back away from her.
“Rapist, what have you done to me?!”
“I have done nothing to you,” he answered her confidently but still very confuse.
“Don’t deny your sin, rapist!” She runs for the door yelling at the top of her lungs, “Help me; a rapist is on the loose!” He quickly snatches her before she can open the door and covers her mouth to prevent her from screaming.
“Hey,” he said impatiently as she struggles in his arms, “listen, I only help you escape from a couple of gangster that was about to…OW!” He instantly let her go when Ka Lu bit his hand.
“You bit me,” he said angrily, “now you’re going to get it!” He grabs her shoulder but she turns around and punches him on the chest. Then, Yaki’s bedroom door flung open and what seems like his parents stares surprisingly at the whole situation. His father reacts first and slaps him across the face.
“What in the world are you doing? Are you about to rape her you little rascal!” He starts beating him up until his wife stops him and went to comfort him.
“George, you’re hurting our son. Stop it.”
“No mother, it is right that father beats me because he never thinks that I’m an important figure in this family,” and Yaki brushes past his mother and glares at Ka Lu with rage before getting out of his room. His mother chases him, calling his name and telling him to slow down. Tyno peeks his head into the room, asking, “What happened here? I heard lots of screaming.”

Yaki’s mother got outside but couldn’t see Yaki anywhere but she knew where he’ll be and walk past some trees to uncover a lake. There he sat on a rock, looking deep down at the lake. His mother slowly goes up to him and said, “Yaki, your father didn’t mean to hurt you. He was just worry about you that’s all so please don’t get mad.”
“I know he’s worrying about me,” he sighs, “that’s why I let him hit me.”
“Nonsense, you don’t deserve it. You didn’t do anything wrong at all. You were only helping that girl right, so I think your father will understand your true intentions.”
“Yeah, I guess.”
“Good but I still have one question.”
“What’s that?”
“Did you and that girl really…ummm…you know, slept together last night?”
“NO!”

Back at the house, Tyno is asking Ka Lu questions.
“Did Yaki rape you?”
“No, he didn’t.”
“Why did you accuse him of being a rapist?”
“I just misunderstood him because some gangster chases me last night.”
“O.k. and what is your name?”
“Ka Lu.”
“Did these gangsters hurt you by any chance?”
“Well, my arms and legs ache but I can manage.”
“Where did you live? Do you have any family members here?”
“No, I don’t live here but I did come here with my blind father and my little sister.” Afterwards, Tyno offers her a drink and some money but she refuse.
“I don’t want to burden you guys anymore so take your money back for I cannot accept it. Now, I must go.”
“Go where?”
“Go find my father and sister.” Tyno tries to stop her as she stands to walk but she collapses on the floor. Tyno picks her up and yelled out, “Help! Somebody call the ambulance.”

Moments later at the hospital, Tyno and George are talking to the doctor.
“She only has a small fever so let her rest here for two days and she’ll get better.”
“Thank you doc,” and the doctor left leaving Tyno and George in the room. Tyno looks at his watch and suddenly remembers something.
“Dad, don’t we have work.”
“Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Let’s go,” and they both left the hospital.
Hours later, Ka Lu regains consciousness and realizes that she was in the hospital. She took off the I.V. and put on her clothes after she takes off the gown. She opens the door slowly and looks around to see no one nearby. Quickly, she walks out of the entrance and was relieve she was outside.
“Hey you,” a familiar voice shouted at her and she looks around to see Yaki spinning his key chain with his finger.
“Where do you think you’re going? You’re not back to health yet.”
“I can’t waste my time sleeping in the hospital; I have to find my father and my sister first.”
“What happen if you faint again?” She looks at him with determine eyes and answered, “I don’t care, as long as I find them.” She continues to walk on but Yaki runs and grabs her hand. Ka Lu was surprise to feel his warm hand and stares into his nervous eyes. He slowly lets go and looks down on the concrete ground so she cannot see him blush.
“Well, do you need a ride?”

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
woah!
it does seem like that one with Joy
but i think, im loving your version way better.
lol, Ka Lu, poor girl.
&& Yaki, haha, heavy girl xD
thanks, Please Update Soon :]]
i love this chapter, too.

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
Sorry guys but he is really slowing down cause of school work...lol...anyway, here's chapter three and he wanted more feedbacks if it is good and also, i start to notice errors on the stories...lol...sorry but i'll try to correct it next time i post...thanks for reading... :p
oh...as you all know...i already picked out the characters already...lol...obviously...
Yaki=Paul
Ka Lu=joy
Tyno=Yai
If you have other characters in mind...i don't mind... ^_^

Chapter 3

Yaki happily drives his car in the freeway at 45 mph. He turns to see Ka Lu looking straight at the road, sitting very close to the door. He focuses his attention back on the road and said, "Why are you sitting so far away from me? I’m not going to bite."

"I just can’t trust a guy like you."

"You accuse of being a rapist and now you don’t trust me? You’re one weird woman."

"I’m not weird."

"Then paranoid."

"I’m not paranoid either just because I have accused you of being a rapist."

"Hey, I wouldn’t rape a girl like you and I’m also very picky too you know. Between a poor girl like you and a diamond, I’ll rather choose the diamond."

"You... I hate people like you! Let me off here!"

"Why?"

"I’m tired of your yapping. Let me off here now or I’m going to jump off the car!"

"Huh, I’m riding at 45 miles per hour so that gives you a 10% of being injure but this is also a freeway so there will be cars coming in and out. If you jump off now, there will be a 50% likely that you’ll be hit by a car or get ran over. If you did get hit of ran over, there will be a 30% of you dying, but most likely 90% that you’ll die. Want to jump when you heard all the facts already? Fine, here I’ll release the locks for you." Yaki press a button to release the locks and gesture her to the car door with his hand.

"You think that I’m that stupid?"

"You did sound daring," and he once again gesture her to the car door. Mad with rage, Ka Lu didn’t speak anymore throughout the whole trip until they reach the abandon house. She quickly gets out of the car and slams the door, calling, "Dad, Mai, I’m here! Dad, Mai, I’m back! Can you guys hear me?!" Yaki got out of the car and walk up to Ka Lu.

"I think they’re not here."

"They have to be here."

"Maybe they went back to the poor village."

"Very funny and no, they’ll never leave me behind because we promise that we will always stick together."

"Doesn’t look like you stick together when you got chase by the gangster."

"Quiet you; I was only buying something for us to eat." Yaki then felts sorry for what he said right then.

"Look Yaki, I thank you for sending me here but right now you can go back and I hope never to meet you ever again." Ka Lu went and hid behind the buses next to the house. Yaki returns to the car and sits there, staring at her.

What if something bad to her again, he thinks to himself. He took out his keys to start his car but he pause and stares at her again. Ka Lu sits on the doorway, waiting for her dad and her sister. Hours past and she became drowsy and her head nodding constantly. She looks up as she recognized distant footsteps and see Mai. Excited, she jumps up to embrace her sister and Mai hug Ka Lu back. Something taps her shoulder and she turns around with a smiling face.

"Dad!" but she sees Yaki instead.

"It’s only me," he said. "What did you call me?" Ka Lu looks around confuse for it’s nighttime and she begins to realize that she was dreaming.

"Are you sure you want to stay out here?" Ka Lu stands up and yells at him angrily, "I thought that you’re supposed to go home already! I don’t want your family to worry about you!"

"What? I waste my time our here to guard you from harm and this is the thanks I get."

"Sorry," she apologizes, feeling selfish for what she said before.

"How about this? You come home with me and I’ll bring you here again without a scratch, I promise."

"No, you did so much for me already and plus, I do not want to owe anyone." She walks to a bench and sits there looking at the ground. He went up to her and stands right behind her.

"I’ll give you your options, either come nicely to my car or I’ll have to take you there by force." Ka Lu looks at him and continues to look at the ground, uneasy. Yaki sigh and start to roll up his sleeves. He grabs her shoulder but she instantly stands up and runs a few feet ahead of him. He puts his hand on his hips, walks toward her and picks her up.

"Let me go," she yelled, "Let me go!"

"Not until we’re at the car."

"Fine, fine just let me go, I’ll walk." Ka Lu straightens herself up when Yaki puts her down and she quickly walks up to the car and opens the door.

Beep, beep! Beep, beep! The alarm went off and she backs away from the car. Yaki laugh at the sight of this but was force to stop when she frowns at him. He turns the alarm off and gesture her inside. She obediently did so and Yaki walks over to the driver side, still smiling from what happened and before he knows it, he is howling with laughter.

"What’s so funny?"

"Nothing," he answered as he struggles to control his laugh.

As he drives, Ka Lu notice a piece of cloth tied on his forearm, his blood begins to drip from it.

"What happen to your arm?"

"It’s just a cut, that’s all."

"A cut from what?" Then she remembers about the gangster.

"Did the gangsters do this?"

"Hell no."

"Don’t lie to me; I know that it’s the gangster that did it."

"O.k. so what if they did, would you care?" Ka Lu begins to search around the car and she found iodine in the back seat. She reaches for his forearm but Yaki brush her off.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"Trying to stop the infection in your arm that’s what." She reaches for his arm again but he brushes her off.

"Pull over Yaki."

"What are you even…?"

"Pull over now!" With a grunt, he pulls over and stops by a meadow.

"Get out."

"You’re telling me to…"

"Out now!" Yaki gets out of the car and goes over to meet her. Ka Lu rips off the cloth and opens the iodine.

"Ow, ow!" he yelped as Ka Lu pour the iodine on his wound.

"Keep still." She pours some more iodine on his wound as he endures the pain. She pulls out a handkerchief from her pocket and wraps it around his wound. A warm feeling surrounds him as she ties the handkerchief around his hand and his heart beats slowly.

"I’m finish," she said as soon as she finishes tying the handkerchief. Yaki looks at her, his temptation was too great and he kisses her cheek.

"Gross! What was that for?"

"Umm…a thank you for concerning about me." They both enter the car and left the meadow.

Yaki parked his car and they both went into the mansion. As they enter the door, Yaki’s mother stops them and looks at Ka Lu with irritation.

"Why are you here?" Yaki’s mother asked in a dead tone.

"Mom, I just…"

"Yaki, I didn’t ask you. I was asking her." Ka Lu looks down in fear mix with shame, knowing that his mother doesn’t like her.

"Answer me or is your mouth cut off."

"Yaki wants me to stay here for the…"

"Don’t lie to me; I know your type of people well, Gold diggers as always."

"But madam, I was never a gold digger and I never like your son."

"You!" but before she could slap her, a hand grabs hold of her wrist. She looks back to see George holding her wrist.

"Caroline, what did I tell you about manners." She looks at Ka Lu, then at her husband.

"Fine, she can stay but if something is stolen from my jewelry box, I’m blaming her," and she storms off. George apologies for his wife rude behavior and lead the way to the guest room.

That night, Ka Lu can’t sleep because she is worrying about Mai and her father. There was a knock on the door as Tyno came into the room. He sits by Ka Lu and stares into her eyes.

"Can’t sleep?"

"Yes."

"Why is that?"

"I’m worried about my father and my sister."

"Don’t worry too much or you’ll get sick, o.k. Learn how to take care of yourself first."

"O.k. Tyno, I’ll remember."

"Good, now go to sleep." Tyno left the room and Ka Lu was fast asleep.

Ka Lu awakens in the guest room to see a maid cleaning. She could tell the maid is tire from working everyday.

"What are you doing?"

"If you have eyes, you could tell that I’m cleaning." Ka Lu knows that she offended her and tells her that she’s sorry. The maid continues her work but Ka Lu gets up and stops her.

"You look tire, why don’t you rest for a moment?" The maid doesn’t know what to say but smile at her and give her the equipment. She jumps and spread herself on the bed.

"Thank you, my back was killing me from all that work."

"No problem."

"You know, when I first look at you I thought that you were a gold digger but I now see you have a kind heart."

"Thanks for your kind words." She then remembers about Yaki and asked the maid if she know where he is.

"Why would you want to know? Are you his girlfriend?"

"No, he’s supposed to take me to a place to find my father and my sister."

"Oh I see. Well, he’s probably at work now."

"Work? Where does he work at?"

In a big building labeled, Sweet Voice Corporation, workers are busy as they went through files and calendars. A fine dress ominous business man with a black hat enters the building and walk up to the circulation desk with a beautiful woman following behind him.

"Hello sir, what can I do for you?"

"I’m here to meet the vice president."

"I think he’s at his office, sir."

"Thank you," and he sets off with the woman following him closely. He reaches the office and opens the door to see the back of the chair facing him. He immediately knew something is wrong but he walks up to a chair and sits in it. The woman who was following him did the same and looks at the back of the chair. The man takes off his hat, revealing his evil but professional look.

"Hey vice president, I am here to check on the schedule."

"What schedule?" The chair swings left and Yaki meets the man face to face but the man wasn’t satisfied to see him.

"Where’s the vice president," he demands.

"You mean Tyno? He’s not here so I’m taking over for him."

"And you might be?"

"Yaki, Tyno’s assistance. Nice to meet you Mr.…"

"Alex."

"Hey, if you’re Alex, then this must be Fenix correct."

"Yes, I’m Fenix," the beautiful woman answered with a sullen voice.

"Wow! I thought that I’ll never have a chance to meet you here but anyway, you guys are here for business right?"

"Yes, we’re here for business," said Alex. "I want to see the schedule for Fenix’s performance tomorrow."

"Right but unfortunately I don’t have his password."

"What do you mean?!" Alex thundered.

"Hey, hey, calm down, I’m only joking."

"A lowly assistance like you should be fired!"

"Fired? It’s your fault not having a good sense of humor."

"I’ll be sure to tell Tyno to fire you off of work!"

"What’s that?" Tyno enter the room, eyeing Yaki suspiciously.

"Have you done something wrong again Yaki?"

"No Tyno, it’s just that he doesn’t have a good sense of humor."

"Sense of humor?" Alex rages and turns to Tyno.

"You have a very worthless assistance here."

"Um…first of all, I’m not just an assistance, I’m a assistance slash CD manager and also, I’m Tyno’s brother and the son of this owner’s corporation so if I were you, I wouldn’t be saying things like that to disrespect the boss’s son." Alex caught himself from saying another word against him and sits down on the chair. Tyno went over to Yaki and whispers in his ear.

"Yaki, what are you doing? We don’t joke around with singers and their manager especially this one because he manages one of our top singers." Yaki is disappointed to hear that Tyno is on Alex side and walks out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Tyno asked as his eyes follow him out of the door.

"Taking my break," he answers back. Tyno knew what that meant and he sits back in his chair and talks to Alex and Fenix about her schedule.

Back at the house, Ka Lu and the maid were cleaning the kitchen together.

"You shouldn’t be doing this Ka Lu, you’re the guest."

"You shouldn’t say that, I’ll be bore if I have nothing to do and plus, it’s fun working with you Flora."

"Really, nobody ever said that to me before." Ka Lu then hears footsteps and quickly gets up and sits on a nearby chair. Caroline looks at Ka Lu, then at Flora and left the room walking majestically.

"That was close," Flora said relieve. Ka Lu went back to work with her.

"Why did you tell me not to work with you when she’s around?"

"Caroline trusts me the most so if she sees you are working me, she wouldn’t trust me anymore."

"Why’s that?"

"She hates you of course." Ka Lu throws her sponge on the floor and puts her hands on her hips.

"Hate me? Why would she hate me?"

"She’s paranoid that’s what."

"Who are you guys talking about?" They both turn to see Yaki right behind them. Flora looks down in shame and Ka Lu hesitates, looking from Yaki to Flora and back at Yaki. He puts his hands on his hips and puts on his tattle expression.

"Um… it’s not Flora’s fault…"

"Don’t worry, I’ll let you guys off this time," Yaki said cheerfully as Flora gives out a sigh of relieve.

"Thank you young master Yaki."

"No problem," he said to Flora and turn to Ka Lu.

"Ready to go?"

"Sure, just let me get my things."

They’re at the abandon house again, waiting for Fong and Mai. Yaki looks at his watch to see that three hours had passed already and he looks at the darkening sky. He walks over to Ka Lu and lean on the wall, staring at her.

"You sure they haven’t gone back to that poor village yet?"

"I’m sure; they will never leave me behind." He just sighs and takes out his wallet. He takes out some money and reaches it out to her.

"I don’t mean to disrespect you but take this money. It should be enough for you to go home and get something to eat." She looks at him then back at the road, angry.

"Come on, it’s possible that they went home already."

"No they…" but she couldn’t finish her sentence as she burst in surprise calling, "Dad! Mai!" and sure enough, Fong and Mai were walking towards her. Ka Lu runs over to her family and embraces them in her arms. Yaki smile from the background and he puts his wallet away. He walks to his car quietly not to disturb them. Once he enter his car, her looks at them one last time before he drove off, leaving Ka Lu with her family.

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
Here's chap. 4...lol...he's so slow...

Chapter 4

"Really?" said Mai excitedly.

"Yes, that’s what happens to me. How about you guys, have any fun?"

"Well, I was really hungry but a nice lady came and offer me food. Then, she said that we could go and stay with her after we told her about you. She was a really nice lady to let us stay."

"She sounds awfully nice Mai. Do you think she could be mother?"

"No, dad said that she’s not mom."

"How could you tell dad?"

"I know your mother’s voice very well," Fong tells her, "so she is not your mother." They reach the house and Mai happily knocks on the door. A woman opens the door and was full with ecstasy to see Mai and Fong again but gave Ka Lu an awkward look. Ka Lu looks at her closely and immediately recognizes her as the lady she bought the rice bowls from. She looks dawn, hoping that the lady wouldn’t recognize her. The lady gasps and points at her, "You’re that girl that steal my rice bowls the other day!" Ka Lu feels shame now that the lady remembers her.

"I’m sorry but please don’t kick my family out. It’s me that stole your rice bowls so please don’t punish them. Kick me out instead if you want too." The lady starts to laugh at her and said, "Hey don’t worry. What is done is done. You only did it for your family so I can’t blame you for being desperate. The only thing I could blame on is your kind heart for telling you to do so." Ka Lu smiles at her words and bows down to shoe her respects.

"I believe we haven’t introduced each others yet. I am Xee but everybody call me Sister Xiong." Another woman came to the door to see what the situation is.

"And this is Pa, my younger sister."

"I’m Ka Lu." Pa just smiles at them and asked, "So, is everybody hungry?"

"Sure, lets all eat." They all went inside to have dinner.

Inside a mansion, Alex and the woman just came back from a meeting at the corporation. Alex sits on the sofa, tired but the woman just drop her things, brush pass a girl and enters her room.

"What’s wrong with her," the girl asks.

"Nothing Sarah," Alex said.

"You guys were arguing again," Sarah conclude putting her hands on her hips.

"It’s not my fault she bought it up."

"Look, Felis…"

"Call her by her new name will you."

"Fine. Fenix is only worry about her family. Why would you turn it into an argument?"

"She won’t stop shut up about it that’s why."

"But hey, she didn’t choose to be with you."

"You better be quiet about it or you and I are over."

"Fine, let it be over and maybe I can find some peace for once." Sarah turns but Alex grabs her arm and pulls her close to him.

"I’m only joking Sarah," he whispers in her ears, "I just want to see how sexy you are when you’re mad."

"Don’t Alex, what it Fenix sees us?"

"She’s too mad to get out of the room but let’s go into your room, just in case we get dirty." They both disappear into Sarah’s room and never come out for the whole night.

Back at sister Xiong’s house, everybody was asleep except Ka Lu who volunteers to wash the dishes. When she’s done, she picks up a book and went into the room. She was surprise that Fong wasn’t asleep yet. He hears her breathing and said, "You’re done already?"

"Yes," she replies. She went up to him and sits with him.

"So, what are we going to do now father?"

"Continue to find your mother."

"Continue? Can’t we just go back?"

"That can also be an option but we can’t turn back now or we’ll fail out mission and like the wise man said…"

"Never to give up even in the darkest time," they both said in unison.

"Exactly."

"But look what happens in one day. I almost got rape and Mai was about to starve to death."

"But it did shed us some light. You met a great man and we got somewhere to stay."

"Well, I will consider we are lucky to have shelter but that guy that rescue me wasn’t so great either."

"Really, I can hear your heart beats when we met you with that guy."

"Dad!" Ka Lu pushes him playfully and Fong chuckles with delight.

"What are you guys up to?" They look back to see Sister Xiong waiting by the door.

"We’re just talking."

"I see. Well, enjoy yourselves," and she went back to bed. Ka Lu helps her father find the bed and went to her bed but she was still wide awake.

"Still up?" Fong asked her.

"Yeah."

"What are you thinking?"

"How we’re going to get home once we find mother."

"Don’t worry; we’ll have plenty of time to make money before we find your mother."

"But how are we going to make money?"

"We’ll find a way, now go to sleep." Ka Lu closes her eyes and fell asleep.

The following morning at Yaki’s house, the phone ring echoes throughout the house. Flora answers that phone.

"Hello, you have reached the Xing residence." She pauses for a moment as she listens and finally calls out, "Yaki, it’s for you." Yaki hurries down the stair from the bedroom, still buttoning up his shirt. Flora hands him the phone as he came closer and reaches for it.

"Hello."

"On Yaki, it’s me!" said a girl’s shrill voice from the phone.

"Hey Carly, how have you been?"

"Fine but hey, you got time?"

"Well, I’m doing nothing at the moment."

"Great! How about you come over and see how I beautifully decorated the concert hall."

"Hey my pleasure."

"O.k. see you there alright love."

"Alright," and he takes his car keys and drove away.

He is driving in the city, looking for the concert hall. He looks around and spots someone very familiar. He pulls over and gets out of his car, walking to the singing and unaware Ka Lu, who is with Mai and Fong. Many people drops changes into a box Mai is carrying when they are satisfy to hear Fong playing his flute and Ka Lu’s beautiful voice. Yaki claps his hands slowly and interrupts Ka Lu. She turns around to see him and folds her arms.

"Are you applauding me or do you despite me?"

"Half and half."

"You’re a rude little sucker."

"Hey, it’s very entertaining in a way." Ka Lu’s face became with rage.

"Who is it?" Fong asked Ka Lu.

"Nobody father, just a random guy that I don’t know."

"Now you don’t know who I am? You really are paranoid."

"There’s a difference between being paranoid and being protective," she responded hotly, "and you’re nothing but a blabber mouth."

"Hey," Yaki said his smile fading, "this blabber mouth saved you from a couple of gangster."

"Well, I never ask you to be my knight in shining armor."

"You! Look at you! How did you guys became beggars anyway."

"Excuse me! What did you just call us?!"

"I could call you guys whatever I want."

"Now look you darn blabber mouth, why don’t you leave here now and I won’t cause any trouble to you."

"I could stay here what ever I want."

"Then we’ll leave. Come on Mai." Ka Lu walks away but was force to stop when Yaki grabs hold of her forearm.

"I’m not letting you off that easy."

"Let me go!"

"Never, until you apologize."

"Apologize? You’re the one who is supposed to apologize. You started first."

"Well, I’m not letting you go unless you apologize."

"You! Somebody help me!" Yaki became instantly confuse when she suddenly yells for help. People around them turn their head to see the situation as Ka Lu continues to scream for help. A police officer finally came into view and ran to Ka Lu.

"What’s the problem here?"

"Help me officer, he’s forcing me to do something I don’t want to do."

"What? No I didn’t."

"Yes he did, he said that he’ll hold me down here until I do it." Yaki immediately let go of her arm when she pointed at it.

"Officer, what she’s saying isn’t true."

"Tell you guys what," the officer said, "I’ll take you guys to the police station to talk this out."

"What?" Yaki said as Ka Lu smiles approvingly.

At the concert hall, a girl is pacing back and forth, worrying.

"Where is he?" she wonders, still pacing. A van stops by her and Alex, Felis and Sarah gets out of the van.

"Are we late?" Sarah asked the girl.

"No."

"Then, why are you pacing back and forth like that?"

"I’m waiting for my fiancé."

"Look," Alex said impatiently, "fiancé or no fiancé, I need you to lead us to the dressing room so Fenix can get ready for the concert."

"The concert starts in half an hour," the girl said, looking at her clipboard, "we still have plenty of time."

"Take us there or you’ll-"

"Alex please," Felis pleads. Alex immediately stops his rage and clams down.

"Can you please," he asked her more calmly, "take us to the dressing room? You can come back here to look for your fiancé after that." The girl thinks for a moment and replied, "Alright, follow me."

She leads them to the dressing room and talks to Felis about which clothes to wear. Alex protest but Felis tells him that she doesn’t want to cause any trouble and he stops. Once the girl left, he turns to Felis.

"Why do you agree to wear those clothes?"

"Why would you want to know?"

"I’m your husband, that’s why."

"I never wanted to marry you."

"But you’re still my wife."

"If my family hadn’t died in that accident, I would have left this stinking city."

"Then why marry me when you could marry others."

"I was only desperate," she said in rage, "If I only wasn’t desperate, then I wouldn’t have married you."

"Why would you be desperate? Is it for money? For fame?"

"For life! I was only desperate for life! If you didn’t stop me from suicide, I would have died on the spot." She turns away from him and goes in to the dressing room to change. Sarah follows her as Alex goes to sit on a chair.

Meanwhile at the police station, Ka Lu and Yaki sit side my side, opposite of the officer but their heads turns the other way not to see each other. Ka Lu wears an ecstasy expression while Yaki wears a calm but angry expression. The officer looks at them awkwardly but decided to start asking questions.

"What were you doing before Yaki came?" Ka Lu turns her head to meet the officer, smiling as she answered, "I was singing."

"O.k. what did he do to you?"

"Well, first he harasses me-"

"Hey! I didn’t harass you!" Yaki interrupts as his head turns to face her.

"Well, who’s the one that call me and my family beggars?"

"Please don’t argue," The officer order, "and Yaki, please don’t interrupt."

"Fine," he said and the officer tells her to continue.

"Like I say, first he harasses me, then I told him to go away but he won’t. So I decided that I should go but he grab hold of my arm and say that he wouldn’t let go until I apologize to him. I didn’t do anything to him officer, why would he tell me to apologize?"

"That’s because you call me a blabber mouth!" Yaki said irritatingly.

"Alright, alright, that’s enough," the officer said annoyingly, "how about this; since this is a little problem then you apologize to her."

"Me? Why me?"

"You started this whole mess, now apologize."

"I’m not apologizing to a low class like her."

"Oh and officer," Ka Lu said in her sweet voice, "if he doesn’t apologize, then can I take this to court?"

"What? Officer she can’t do that, can she?" but the officer just shrugs and said, "Maybe she can. Other cases like this had done it before." Yaki clench his teeth and thinks it over.

Minutes later, Ka Lu hops out of the room, satisfy. Mai runs over to her and Fong stands up to ask her what happened.

"Oh nothing dad." Yaki comes out and stares at her with a blank expression.

"I let you win this time," he said plainly but the hint of his sour tone, "but if I ever get a chance for payback, I’m taking it."

"Sure but that’s what you get for treating other people like nothing."

"The reason why I apologize is because I don’t want to take this into court and also, it can wreak my reputation. Now if you excuse me, I’m needed elsewhere." Yaki walks out to his car and drove away.

The girl continues to wait by the concert hall and smiles as soon as she sees Yaki’s car.

"Where were you?" she asked as Yaki gets out of the car.

"I’m not in the mood."

"Oh, then lets watch the concert, shall we."

"O.k. At least that will clear my head."

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
haha, Ka Lu is funny, she would take this to court!
Yaki, haha, he let her win.
omgg, i think i like your version better than the real version :]
its way more interesting :] can't wait.
please update soon :]

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
Finally sent in chapter five...lol...

Chapter 5

The trio got back to sister Xiong’s house and sits on the steps to rest. Pa comes out of the door to greet them.

"How much did you guys made today?" Pa asked Mai.

"Not much, only four dollars."

"Wow that much. Maybe you guys will have luck and make more tomorrow, huh."

"I guess," Mai said and puts on her smile.

"But today is worse and it’ll get worse again," Ka Lu said.

"Why would you say that?" Pa asks her, trying to get her hopes up.

"Because everywhere we go today, we look like beggars."

"What’s wrong with that? Don’t give up hope yet when you haven’t met the end."

"It’s okay to go like this but we’re not making much money either."

"Don’t worry, I’ll think of something to help you guys."

"It’s okay Pa."

"No it’s not okay, I’ll do anything to help you guys," Pa walks into the house but turns to Ka Lu.

"Ka Lu, can you go and wash the dishes again, I’m tire."

"Sure." Ka Lu goes into the kitchen to wash the dishes. Pa looks down the steps and sees that Ka Lu forgot her hair band. She picks it up and goes inside the house but stops at the kitchen door. Pa listens to Ka Lu singing and burst in excitement, howling up to the sky. Ka Lu jumps to hear her howl and opens the door to see her.

"Is anything wrong Pa?"

"No my child!"

"What is it?"

"I found a job for you!"

"Really!?"

"Yes, just change your clothes and we’ll go right now!"

"Ka Lu and Pa get off the taxi and went directly into a pub. They both walk up to the door label manager’s office and Pa knocks on the door.

"Come in," said a rough voice from within. She Grabs Ka Lu’s hand and walk into the office. There, a forty-six years old man sits behind his desk, studying a calendar. His head is bald and his eyes were green like the forest. His shoulders were broad and scarred to show his veteran days. He looks up to see both of them and greets them.

"Ka Lu this is Mr. Frank, he’s the manager of this pub and Mr. Frank this is Ka Lu." They both exchange greetings and he gesture them both to sit on the chair opposite of him.

"What can I do for you?" Mr. Frank asked.

"Well, you see Mr. Frank, Ka Lu wants a job here and she’s a really good singer so I wonder if you still have space for singers?"

"Let me check," he said and he took out a list of singers until a girl burst into the office. The girl has long blonde hair and dark brown eyes. She wears heavy makeup to enhance her beauty and she’s so thin that she looks like a toothpick when she stands straight. Ka Lu looks into her eyes and knows that they both will not get along. The girl looks at Ka Lu then back at Mr. Frank.

"Are you hiring another singer? If you are, I’ll not allow it!"

"Who so you think you are?" he rages, "I’m the manager here!"

"I speak on the behalf of the other singers! If you hire her, then all the singers salary will be cut in half again!"

"What? Now you think that you haven’t made enough money? I paid you eighteen dollars for every song you guys sing!"

"I know, but if you add her, fewer songs will be sing by me and the others and therefore less payment."

"Do you think that I care if you got paid enough or not?"

"Well, see if you care if I quit this job!" Everything was silence for a moment as Mr. Frank frowns at her. He finally made up his decision and puts away his list of singers. The girl smiles with triumph but it faded when Pa protested.

"But Ka Lu really needs a job Mr. Frank. If you don’t give her one, she wouldn’t know who to turn to." Mr. Frank looks up at Ka Lu and said, "Ka Lu, would you mind if I give you a different job."

"No, not at all, as long as it’s a job then I’ll take it." Mr. Frank thinks it over in his mind, trying to figure which job he will give Ka Lu. He figures it out and asked, "Do you want to be a waitress?"

"Fine, as long as it’s a job."

"Then you’re hire. Start working tomorrow night okay."

"Thanks Mr. Frank."

"But we already have a lot of waiters and waitresses already!" the girl protested.

"Pipe down Malory, at least it doesn’t interfere with you." She opens and closes her mouth but nothing came out and she finally storms out of the office.

"Excuse the rude behavior of one of my singers."

"It’s okay." Pa looks at her watch and tells him that she have to go. Ka Lu thanks him for the last time and walks out of the office. They stop right outside the office door as Ka Lu asks Pa a question.

"How do you know about this place?"

"I work here."

"Really?"

"Yes, I’m a singer here."

"Wow but how come you want me to be a singer here? Wouldn’t that but your Salary in half?"

"Ka Lu, I know this before hand but I don’t care. Like I say, I want to help you and your family; it doesn’t matter if my salary is cut in half."

"Thanks Pa." Ka Lu hugs her for a long time. Pa gently brushes her off and turns around.

"Eeep!" she screams when she turns around to see a dashing looking fellow. The man’s hair is dark as coal and his eyes are bright hazel. His costume suggests that he too is a singer.

"Tiro, you shouldn’t sneak up like that."

"Sorry," the man said smiling.

"Oh, Ka Lu this is Tiro, he’s one of the singers here and he’s also the manager’s son. Tiro this is Ka Lu, the new waitress your father just hired." They both exchange greetings and when Tiro looks closely at Ka Lu, his eyes begins to dig into her beauty. Pa snaps in front of him, breaking the spell.

"Tiro, I wonder if you can show Ka Lu how to do her job while I go and sing."

"No problem Pa." She goes into the dressing room to change. Tiro tells her to go and take a seat by a table. His eyes never left her as she went to find a table. She chooses the table that is far from the stage and sits on a chair. He sits on the chair right across from her but his eyes never left Ka Lu once. She looks at Tiro, waiting for her lesson but he didn’t speak. She finally waves her hand in front of him and calls his name He immediately flinches and asks Ka Lu what she wants.

"Are you going to show me how to be a waitress?" Tiro blushes and tries to think of a way to show her. He panic a little, not knowing what to say but he manage to say, "Umm…Watch those other waitresses and waiters, then you’ll know how to do it." He then quickly gets up and walk away from the table. Ka Lu doesn’t know what just happened but did as she was instructed and watch the other waiters and waitresses so their jobs.

Meanwhile, the concert was over and workers started to clean up the stage. Yaki and a red haired girl are sitting on the empty seats. The red haired girl bangs her fist on the seat.

"Man, I can’t believe she did that to you."

"Tell me about it."

"Man, if I were there, I would have strangled her right then."

"But you were not there."

"I know but didn’t you say you’ll get her back."

"Yes I did."

"How?"

"I’m going to embarrass her in a way that she’ll never forget."

"Really? That’s good because nobody mess with my fiancé. Call me if you’re going to do it okay. I want to see where she’s going to hide her face."

"Don’t worry; you’ll be the first I call, Carly."

"Good. Now, are you hungry because I’m starving?"

"Let’s go find something to eat then." They get out of the seat and walks out towards the exit.

The next day in the afternoon, Yaki went inside the sweet voice corporation building. He said hi to the two girls behind the counter before ging up the elecator. Once the elecator srops, he went up the hall and enters the room labeled "Meeting Room." George, Tyno, Carly, Mr. Frank and a man were already seated.

"Sorry I’m late. There’s a lot of bad traffic lately." Yaki exlain.

"It’s alright. Take a seat; we have a lot to discuss." Yaki sits down before saying, "Discuss what?"

"We need to discuss about Fenix’s contract. It’s going to expire after this year so we need to think up a plan."

"Why not renew her contract?" Tyno suggest.

"Fenix has her personal manager," George explain, "We have to ask him first before we renew it."

"Why not find a new singer to replace her?" Yaki suggest.

"That can also be an option," the man said, "But where are we going to find one? We can’t just pick one up from the street."

"You’re right," Said George, "We need to choose wisely. We need someone beautiful with a good voice." They all try to think of something but nothing came to mind.

"I have an idea," Mr. Frank said, "But I don’t know it you guys like it."

"Shoot it," George tells him.

"I was thinking that if you guys could come to my pub tonight and meet some of my singers." George thinks about for and concluded, "It could work but I got a lot of paperwork to do."

"Me too," Tyno said.

"I’ll go," Yaki declares and they all turn their heads to look at him. He looks at all of them and said, "What? I got nothing to do anyway so I guess tonight I’ll go."

"Then I’ll go too," Carly announce, "I could just clear my schedule for tonight."

"Great," Mr. Frank said, "just come over at eight fifteen."

That night in the pub, Malory dances on the stage as she prepares to sings her song. Ka Lu was serving food when Mr. Frank comes running to her and called her name.

"What is it Mr. Frank?"

"I want you to take out our best wines from the storage room because I’m going to have some special guest here tonight."

"Alright." She went to find the storage room but she forgot where it is.

"Where might it be?" she asked herself, "I remember it somewhere around here." She keeps on walking until she bumps into Tiro which causes him to drop the trays he was carrying.

"I’m so sorry," she apologized and they both started to pick up the trays.

"What are you doing here Ka Lu?" Tiro asked when they are done picking it up.

"I was trying to find the storage room."

"For what?"

"I was supposed to bring wine for your father’s special guest."

"Really. Tell you what, I was about to go there anyway so you can come with me."

"O.k." He led the way and she follows him.

Meanwhile, Yaki and Carly came into the pub and look around.

"Man there’s a lot of hot girls here," he said. Carly gives him a dirty look and pinches him.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"That’s for thinking that other girls are pretty than me."

"Come on Carly, you’re always the hottest girl I ever know." She blushed and gives him a kiss.

"Hello there," Mr. Frank greeted them.

"Oh hi Mr. Frank. How are you doing?"

"I’m doing fine. Why don’t you guys go find a table?"

"O.k." They both went to find a table while Mr. Frank makes his way backstage. He meets Ka Lu on the way and stops her.

"Ka Lu, I already ask the chief to prepare the food already. All you need to do is take these wines to the chief and take it to the table I’m at." She nodded and find her way to the kitchen. Mr. Frank continues on and enters the dressing room where Malory is, putting more makeup.

"Malory," he called. She instantly turns around to meet his eyes.

"Yes, Mr. Frank."

"I want you to meet some special guest of mine."

"Really? I’m going right now!" She hops off the chair and went out the door. Tiro comes in and looks at her as she walks out of the room. He continues to walk up to his father and ask him about Malory.

"Oh, I told her to go and meet some special guest of mine."

"That’s it?" he said cocking an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Oh, how about I introduce you to them too?"

"That’ll be great."

Malory got to the table, follow by Tiro and Mr. Frank.

"Carly and Yaki, this is my son, Tiro and this is one of my best singer, Malory."

"Nice to meet you Carly and Yaki," said Tiro.

"Nice to meet you all too," Carly said. Malory sets her eyes on Yaki and her emotions started to light up.

"You’re the apple of my eye," she whispered.

"What did you say?" Carly asked her but she simply ignores her and continues to talk with Yaki.

"What’s your name again?"

"Yaki," he answered.

"Do you think that I’m beautiful?"

"Umm…yes and I hope your voice is beautiful too." The group started to laugh except Carly who pinches him to make him stop laughing.

"So," Malory continues, "do you have a girlfriend?"

"Not just a girlfriend," Carly cuts in, "but a fiancé who is prettier than any girl in the world."

"I see no beauty anywhere, only me."Carly’s face became twisted as she looks at her. Her mind wanted to slap her but she swallowed her anger and picks up her purse.

"Let’s go Yaki."

"What but we just barely got here."

"We’re leaving now." Yaki stands up from his chair, disappointed. Ka Lu comes over to the table and was about to place the food on the table but Malory pushes her towards Carly and spill the food all over her shirt. Carly screams and the people all look up to see the situation. Her shirt is stain with soup and stinks with wine. Yaki quickly help her and turns to see who’s responsible for the mess.

"You," he said with disbelief when he recognizes her.

"I’m sorry," Ka Lu apologizes but Carly slaps her with rage and the sound is carry out throughout the room. Tiro automatically moves in between them. Ka Lu runs out the door as Yaki tried to stop Carly from pursuit.

"I’m sorry Carly," Mr. Frank said, "She’s one of my new waitress."

"I think you should fire her," she said furiously.

"I agree," Malory joins in.

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
Ello, here's chap 6!!!

chapter 6

"Hold on here," Tiro said, "we can’t just fire her just for some small mistake."

"He’s right," Yaki joins in, "and besides, she’s only new to this work so I think we should let her off."

"Let her off?!" Carly yelled, "look at what she did to my shirt."

"It’s only a small problem Carly, you don’t have to make a big fuss over it," he said raising his voice. She became upset and looks away from him with fiery eyes. He shakes his head and turns her around.

"I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have yell at you but don’t worry, I’ll buy you a better and prettier shirt than this one."

"Promise."

"I promise." Carly puts on her smiling face and hugs him.

"Umm…you want to wash off first before you both go?" Tiro asked her. She nodded and follows Tiro to the bathroom. Malory smiles and whispered under her breath, "You deserve it."

Outside of the pub, Ka Lu sits on a bench, crying. Pa burst through the door and immediately rushes to her side.

"What happened?"

"Malory pushed me and I accidentally spill the soup on one of the special guest."

"What?! That bitch?! I knew it! I knew it from the start!"

"What do you mean?"

"Malory doesn’t like you, that’s what! Darn, if she’s here right this minute, I will strangle her!"

"But she does have a soft side for you guys."

"No she doesn’t. The only reason why she said those things is because she doesn’t want other people to be better than her. She thought that she’s the best singer and that she can bring more crowds than anybody. I’m just lucky to get this job before she came in." Pa looks at her and reassures her that it isn’t her fault.

"Come on Ka Lu; let’s go inside before Mr. Frank yells at us." She nodded and they both enter the pub.

Back in the pub, Yaki and Carly are ready to leave when Mr. Frank hands them a gift.

"What’s this for?"Yaki said with surprise.

"Those are just gifts for all the trouble I have caused."

"Come on Mr. Frank, you can’t be serious."

"No, no, keep it."

"Alright," he said and he examines the box. Carly was about to open it but Mr. Frank stops her and said, "Don’t open it yet. Give it to the one you love on their birthday." Carly stops and nods her head, showing that she understand.

"Did you guys know," Mr. Frank continues, "that if you know someone’s birthday without any reminder, then they’re your true love?"

"I never heard of that," Yaki said cocking an eyebrow. "What’s in here anyway?"

"Oh, I can’t tell you. You’ll have to find out by yourself. I’m sure that you both knew each other’s birthday right?" Yaki and Carly looks at each other and laugh but was unsure.

"Well, thanks for the gift Mr. Frank," and they both left.

"That’s one problem fix," he said to himself, "now to fix the other." He went to find Ka Lu and find her in the dressing room.

"Ka Lu, I’m here to talk about the problem this night."

"Oh that. I’m sorry Mr. Frank, I wouldn’t do it again. Please don’t fire me."

"Don’t worry child, I won’t fire you."

"But you have to," interrupted a familiar voice. They all turn and for sure, it’s Malory walking through the door.

"She ruined the meeting with your special guest and you’re keeping her."

"Of course toothpick, what do you want?" Pa said hotly.

"I want her out that’s all."

"Ka Lu doesn’t deserve to get out. The one that deserve it is…"

"Pa, please stop," Ka Lu begged and she stop saying another word.

"What? Now you want to play innocent little girl?"

"Quiet Malory," said a voice. She looks behind her to see Tiro coming in the room.

"Why are you standing up for her?! Aren’t you forgetting we’re dating?!"

"But this time you’ve gone too far! I cannot let you stomp everybody like Godzilla!"

"You," but she pause for a moment and flashes an angry look.

"Oh, I know now. You like her, don’t you?"

"No I don’t."

"Then why protect her?"

"Then shall I explain what really happened?" Her eyes widen and no more words can come out of her mouth.

"Fine," she concluded, "she can stay but you and I are over." She storms out of the room and slams the door.

"Well at least that’s settle," Mr. Frank said shaking his head, "and Ka Lu, just never let that happen again o.k."

"Alright," and everybody resume to their work for the rest of the night.

At the mansion, Yaki drove his car on the pavement and enters the mansion. He was muttering something when he spots Tyno on the sofa, reading.

"What are you doing? Aren’t you supposed to do paperwork?"

"No, I’m done."

"Oh." He went up the stairs until Tyno stops him by calling his name.

"What is it Tyno?"

"How was it?" Yaki looks at him, confused.

"I mean, how was the meeting at Mr. Frank’s pub?"

"Oh that," Yaki said surprised, "it was a disaster."

"Really? Why?"

"Someone spill soup and wine on my fiancé."

"Really? And let me guess, Ka Lu is working there." Yaki looks at him with amazement.

"How did you know?"

"Wild guess, since you were muttering about revenge on her."

"She almost got me into court."

"And who told you not to mind your own business."

"Now you’re siding with her."

"Hey, I’ve been your brother all your life. You can’t lie to me." Yaki couldn’t say anything more and stood there like a lost child.

"Tell you what, how about I go with you tomorrow, if you have spare time."

"Sure," he said and continues upstairs to his bedroom.

The next night, Yaki and Tyno went into pub. Mr. Frank was surprise to see them and gesture them to a table. They sit at the table and requested for some singers to sing for them but Mr. Frank became nervous.

"You see boys," he tells them, "many of my singers are absent today."

"Don’t worry, you still have some singers left right? So just choose those to see if we like it."

"Alright," and he went backstage to the dressing. In there, Malory is playing her makeup.

"Malory."

"Yes," she said in her cheerful voice.

"I need you to go out stage and sing for my guest."

"You mean Yaki!"

"Yes."

"Oh my god, I’ll gladly – hic – do it.

"What’s that hic sound?"

"Oh it’s – hic – nothing – hic – sir."

"You have the hiccups? Oh my, you cannot sing tonight."

"Hic – why not?"

"Because it’ll ruin my pub’s reputation."

"No, no, I – hic – can sing. Please – hic –let me sing. I’ll try – hic – to hold it."

"Fine but if that hiccup gets out of control, then you’ll be pull off the stage immediately."

"Don’t worry – hic – I wouldn’t disappoint you."

Meanwhile, Ka Lu is getting out of the kitchen with a tray full of food. She was surprise when Yaki came from the right and backs off, acting like she is going to spill it on him.

"Whoa, you have to watch out or you’ll spill those foods on me."

"Are you disrespecting me again?"

"Hey, show some respect. If it weren’t for me, you would’ve lost your job."

"Why would you care if I lose job?"

"I just don’t want to see you and your family begging for money out there." Ka Lu became flush with anger but decided to put it aside and move on but he puts his hand before her to sop her.

"What do you want now?"

"Um…do you know where the bathroom is?" She pointed to the door on the left and he enters it. She smiles and walks away quickly. Seconds later, girls started to scream from the room Yaki enter and he quickly gets out and shuts the door.

"Darn her."

Tyno listen to Pa sings on the stage, her voice like a piano.

"Great voice," He concluded, "but I think she’s a little old." Yaki came back from the restroom and sits back down. Tyno looks at his sullen face.

"What happen to you?"

"Don’t want to talk about it."

"No really, what happened?"

"Are we here to work or are we here to have fun?" He became silent and continues to watch Pa.

During that time, Ka Lu was exhausted and leans on a counter to rest. She looks at Pa sing and she suddenly feels like she wanted to sing. Then before she knows it, she begins to sing along with her. When she sings she doesn’t know the world around but only her voice sing with her. Once Pa finishes her song, she picks up the empty tray to resume her work but she meets Tiro instead. He looks at her with amazement in his eyes.

"Is there anything I can help you Tiro?" He ignores her question and said, "You’re a really good at singing." She then knew that he was standing behind her the whole time, listening to her sing.

"No need to be embarrass Ka Lu, you do sound great." Ka Lu didn’t say anything put resume to her work but before she could pick up the tray, Tiro takes her hand and lead her to the dressing room. He picks up her guitar and a sheet with lyrics on them.

"Can you sing that for me?" Ka Lu looks at the lyrics and as soon as Tiro play his guitar, she sings, her voice like sweet nectar and fluent like a breeze. When she’s done, the door burst open and Malory stands outside the doorway, hiccupping and looking from Tiro to Ka Lu then back at Tiro. She stomps towards Tiro and rages, "Why – hic – are you with – hic – her?"

"I could be with anyone I want." Ka Lu ran out the door to avoid the heated conversation.

"But we’re - hic – still dating."

"I thought that you said we’re over already."

"Hic – I did?"

"Yes, just yesterday can’t you remember? For now on, I can be with any girl I like and you can’t interfere." He starts to walk out the room but stop and turn around to face her.

"I think you shouldn’t sing today because that hiccup is getting annoying." Her eyes follow him walking out the door with hatred and she went to get ready.

Back at the table, Yaki and Tyno were drinking water and talking to Mr. Frank. The curtain opens and bright lights pour down on the stage. Malory stands in the middle and starts to dance and sing. People start to dance with heron the dance floor, cheering for her. She hiccup a couple of times but nobody notice because she will pull the microphone away from her before she hiccup and she looks awkward doing it. Mr. Frank looks down in humiliation while Yaki and Tyno continue to watch her performance. He sees Tiro by the counter and rushes to his side.

"Tiro," he called. Tiro looks at his father.

"What is it?"

"I want you to pull her off the stage now!"

"But she’s our last singer, if we pull her off now there will be confusion."

"I don’t care, just pull her off the stage and replace her." Tiro thinks for a while and his eyes starts to light up.

"Dad, you have to trust me."

"Trust you on what?"

"I’m going to pick a random person to replace her."

"Go ahead; I don’t care as long as hiccup girl is off the stage." Tiro nodded and quickly runs to find that person.

Outside of the pub, Ka Lu’s heart pounded very fast for she panic when Malory sees her with Tiro. Pa comes out of the pub and went to sit by her.

"What’s wrong?" Pa asked her.

"Oh nothing."

"It’s Malory, isn’t."

"No it’s not Malory."

"Then who?" Ka Lu hesitated before she breath out "Tiro."

"Oh, so it’s Tiro," she said excitedly, "What did he do to you, huh?"

"He caught me singing a while ago and tells me to sing his lyrics for him."

"Oh, you’re lucky! Not everybody gets to sing the songs he wrote."

"Why, haven’t you sung one of his songs before?"

"Well I did once like three years ago but that was when we don’t have any more songs to sing. He’s a really nice, care free person back then until he went to pursuit his career at the sweet voice corporation, then he came back never the same person. He doesn’t want to talk to anybody, not even his father. It’s not until Malory was hired and they both started dating. She was a sweet girl then but now she became a tyrant who lust for power and more crowds." Ka Lu laughs and hugs her, forgetting all her troubles. Pa hugs her back in response. The door open and Tiro quickly runs to Ka Lu’s side.

"Ka Lu," he called. She looks at him and asks him what he wants.

"Ka Lu, I wanted you to go upstage and sing."

"What but I’m a waitress. I can’t sing on stage."

"Come on Ka Lu, this may be your chance," Pa said excitedly.

"But other times I have sung was just for fun, not in front of an audience."

"Ka Lu, don’t worry," Tiro said, "It’s not that hard. Just think as if you singing to your family." She wasn’t sure what to do.

"Come on Ka Lu," Pa pleaded.

What would my mother do, she thinks to herself. With courage, she answered, "I’ll do it."

On the stage inside the pub, Malory’s hiccup was getting worse. The people hear her hiccup on the second verse but they thought it was part of the song except for Yaki and Tyno who knows what is really happening. The people start to notice it when she hiccups four times in a row during the chorus. They all yell boo and tell her to get off the stage. She continues to sing but was stop my Tiro who cue them to turn off them music. He snatches the microphone from her and speaks into it.

"Sorry folks, we’re just testing Malory’s new way of singing but it seems like it isn’t working well." The people laugh at his lie and Malory gets off the stage with a frown.

"Now to fulfill your desire for tonight, I would like to introduce one of our new singer. Please give a round of applause for her." The crowds clap their hands as Malory, Tyno and Mr. Frank are curious about the new singer. Tiro motion her to come and Ka Lu walks slowly up the stage. The crowds were awe by her beauty. She wears a sleeveless pearl white dress that touches the ground with diamonds sparkling from the dress. She wears long white gloves with crystal earrings and her hair is tie to a bun but her bangs still hangs loosely. Tyno and Mr. Frank were surprise by her beauty except for Yaki who is still eating his dinner, not paying any attention at all. Malory doesn’t know what to think, to be surprise or mad. Tyno immediately recognize Ka Lu in the white dress and was shaking Yaki’s arm.

"Hey Yaki, it’s Ka Lu!"

"It can’t be her," he said in his assuring voice.

"It is Ka Lu!" Mr. Frank exclaims when he looks harder, "So that’s who my son picks! Go Ka Lu, do your best!" Yaki looks up from his dinner to see if they’re speaking the truth and his eyes widen, not believing it. His mind starts to race saying that it can’t be her but yet, it was her alright.

"Do your best," Tiro whispered in her ears before he hands her the microphone. Ka Lu became nervous, not knowing which song to sing or which song she’s singing. The music starts and she recognize the melody as Tiro’s song. She looks up at him and smiles knowing that he had taken care of everything. She sang on the stage and her voice was carrying throughout the room. The crowds dance to the beat and Malory storms out to the dressing room. Yaki stares at her beauty and listening to her beautiful voice. His heart started to pound slowly just like the time when Ka Lu poured iodine on his wound. Even though she was finish singing, her voice still echoes in his head. It was when Tiro snaps his back to earth my pinching him and tells him that they have to go home. They said goodbye to Mr. Frank and left the pub. Mr. Frank calls Tiro and tells him that he wants to meet Ka Lu at his office.

that's all, post up next time he emails

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
awww cute story. i hope she finds her mother soon. i think sarah must be evil because she wrote that letter saying that their mother died. can't wait for your friend to update ^^