Love is Just a Game [Ch. 31 END] 11/06

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
Chapter 5

The meeting took F-O-R-E-V-E-R! Ann sat there yawning. She was sitting in the very back of the room, away from everyone else. She starred at Aff

who was all over Chakrit like crazy. 'They sure look like they are happy fun.' Ann thought as she looked away from the two. 'Ah... I'm so sleepy...' Ann

thought tiredly as she yawned for like the billions time. Ann slowly closed her eyes. 'I'll just sleep for a second...' Ann thought as she drifted off.

'Everything was in pure darkness. I ran and ran and ran... but no hint of light was ever found. I searched franticly, but I couldn't find them. Where are

they? Where are they? Why did they leave me here? Why did they leave me here to fend for myself? Mom... Daddy... Where are you?! ... Ow... I fell. I

could smell blood but I still couldn't see anything. I couldn't in see my own hands. IT seemed like the darkness was swallowing me; Swallowing me

whole. I couldn't breathe... I struggled to catch even the slightest puff of air, but it was getting harder and harder... I couldn't hold it together anymore.

So, I slowly closed my eyes hoping that everything will end soon. "Hey...� Who is that? Someone's calling to me? Who is this? Light... there's light! I

strained to stand up but I couldn't. So I crawled, pulling my body slowly towards the light. Someone was standing there... Someone that I know... He

called out to me. But everything was a muffle now...'

"HEY!!! WAKE UP!!!!"

Ann's eyes flew open in shock. It was very bright; the darkness was gone. 'Where am I?' Ann wondered looking around. She stopped her search when

her eyes landed on Chakrit. 'He's here...was he the boy in my dream?' Ann wondered. She didn't speak. Ann looked at Chakrit with wondering eyes.

They were searching, searching for something in Chakrit's eyes. She didn't notice that her eyes were filled with tears.

Chakrit was about to call out to Ann again, but something about the way she was starring at him made him stop. It felt like her gaze was piercing into

him. Seeming like she could see through him, to see exactly what he was thinking. Chakrit wanted to look away... but he couldn't. He couldn't look away

from her eyes. They were so filled with emotions...

He suddenly grabbed her and pulled her into his arms. He could feel that her body was shaking from head to toe. He could almost feel her fright. But he

knew that she wasn't afraid because of him. All he wanted to do was to make her feel better; to make her feel safe. So, without thinking, he pulled her

slowly away from him and stared directly into her eyes... and he kissed her, softly.

*kiss*

Ann seemed to have waken up from her sleep only when his lips slowly pressed on to hers. Even though her eyes were open before, they weren't really

seeing... All she knew now was that his lips were cold, but in a comfortable way. She was burning up, the soft touch of coldness made her feel very

good. She didn't try to push him away. Instead, she slapped him.

Slapped him across the face for trying to take advantage of her.

But Chakrit pulled away and stood up. He walked away leaving Ann in a daze. 'Did she do something wrong?' She thought. She looked puzzled and still

filled with sadness. She finally came back to herself. She touched her lips with her fingertip; they still tingled. Then she shifted her eyes to the direction

Chakrit went. Her eyes were filled with sadness. Did he really dislike her that much?'

Chakrit walked to his room and slammed the door. As soon as the door closed, he fell to the floor; His face in his right hand. 'What did I do?' He

thought. 'What am I doing?' His heart was still thumping like crazy. He couldn't forget the expression. How it was filled with loneliness and sadness... like

his.​

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
Chapter 6

The next morning, Chakrit woke up and walked out of his bedroom. But, surprisingly, Ann wasn't there anymore. He checked the bathroom, the

kitchen, the guest room; she wasn't in his house anymore. Chakrit dropped his body onto the bed in the guest room. Where Ann should have

been...

Midnight-

Ann decided to leave Chakrit's house before he could come out of his room. She didn't want to face him. She could almost imagine the

awkwardness if they were to see each other the next morning. She would be too afraid to talk and he would be... she didn't know what he would

be like. Everything just came in such a surprise. She didn't even know how she got to his house in the first place; though he probably took her

there after she dozed off in the meeting. Ann walked quietly; counting each step she took, hoping that this will distract her from her thoughts. But

it didn't help, her thoughts always ended up landing onto Chakrit's face; His bold; strong face. His cold lips pressed tightly onto her trembling ones;

His strong arms around her body, seeming to swallow her into his body; how his warmth ran through her then cold and shook body. How she could

still remember the sweet scent coming off his shirt. It was a light trail of sweet aroma; it filled her head, and made her dizzy.

A quiet sigh slipped though the crease of her lips. It seemed like that short moment of breath was a starting point; where all her memories came

rushing back to her. Even though she knew these things happened, it just seemed like she saw it in a clearer form.

-6 months ago-

Ann's parents died from a car accident. It was the night before Christmas Eve; she waited at home, waiting for them to come back. It's been

raining heavily for the past hour and the sky was unclear and the street was flooded with water. Ann was very worried. Usually, her parents would

be back an hour ago. But... it's already 8 and their still not back. Ann sat on the floor with a worried expression displayed across her face.

*Ring**ring*

A sudden phone call made Ann jump. She quickly hurried to it hoping that it will be her parents.

"Hello? Khun Paw?" Yeon Hee asked eagerly without even hearing the speaker.

"Is this Ann Thongprasom?" A man's voiced sounded through the speaker. "I'm very sorry to inform you that your parents, Mr. and Mrs.

Thonprasom have been in a severe accident." He spoke through the phone after hearing a "Yes" from Ann.

"Accident? How are they? Are they hurt? Where are they now?" Ann panicked. She had a feeling that something was wrong and now... she didn't

know what to do. Why will she do without her parents? "Are they seriously hurt?" Ann blurted out the race of words.

"I'm sorry to tell you that... your father has passed away shortly after the incident. And your mother, is currently in a coma."

-2 months later-

Ann stood motionless. Her face smeared with her tear stains. 'Now everyone has left me...' Ann thought. 'Khun Paw has already left, now her mom

left me as well...' After 2 months of coma treatment, Ann's mother finally passed away.

-present, the next day-

Ann sat up from her bed. She seemed to have had a very long dream, but she couldn't remember what it was based on. So instead, she threw on

her old rummy clothes and made herself breakfast. (Actually a cup of hot milk) She leaned on the wall of her empty apartment since she didn't

have a couch. Yesterday's sweet moments flew through her mind. Every detail of it still locked up tightly. She didn't want to forget that moment,

ever.

*ring**ring*

Ann's cell phone ran loudly, disturbing her quiet peace. "Yes?" She answered rudely after reaching out for her cell. No one was talking on the other

side of the line. "Hello? Is anyone there?" Ann asked. "Hello?" Ann said again. Still no answer... "That's weird..." And she hanged up.

-Chakrit-

As he sat quietly on the guest bed, he held the phone tightly in his hands. Not sure if calling her would be the best thing to do. But he really wanted

to hear her clear voice, he really wanted to, enough to make him go crazy. 'What's happening to me?' He thought as he threw himself onto the

bed. He laid there quietly for a few minutes, and then he finally dialed her number.

Of course, she picked up right away. Her rude tone almost made Chakrit laugh, but he choked it back. He wanted to say something after Ann's

endless Hello's but his voice was stuck in his now dry and soar throat. He couldn’t even breathe correctly. And, she soon hanged up. 'I'm an

idiot...' Chakrit thought as he himself hanged up. He continued laying there on the bed she slept on last night, his hands across his face. He knew

that he soon had to get ready for his interviews today, but he was too lazy...

Soon, a call from his employee came and he was rushed to get changed. 'Great," Chakrit thought. "Work." Work has a special meaning behind it,

which is... Ann is going to be there. He washed his face with the icy water over and over, trying to get rid of the increasing heat upon his face. But

it wasn't going away. 'Maybe I'm sick...' Chakrit laughed at his stupidity.

-later on-

Surely, there she was, waiting patiently by the car. He hesitated before actually walking up to her. She turned towards his closing figure as he

approached her. Her heart and his both thumped loudly inside their chests.

"Hey," Chakrit said as he stood before her. She replied with the same word. Then... silence. It really seemed like silence was the main

conversation when the two of them are together. To think about it, they never really did talk. So that kiss, was... f-a-s-t! They both got into the car

and the driver drove off. Ann squished herself to the very left of the back car seat until there was no room left. She looked strictly out the window.

Chakrit noticed her uncomfortable position and wanted to laugh again. His reactions to her expressions yesterday (kissing her) was really not a

good idea. Now, it's going to be even more awkward than usual.

"So..." Chakrit wanted to break the ice of silence with something conversational. "What do we have scheduled for today?" Chakrit asked as he

watched Ann fumble around in her bag trying to find the schedule book. She looked really cute; you could totally tell that she was trying to avoid

his gaze.

"Um... a lunch meeting at 1PM, then an interview at 3pm." Ann reported as she finally found the tiny notebook in her now messed up bag.

"I see..." Chakrit replied after her report.

-That night-

After finishing with the entire schedule for the day, Chakrit was exhausted. Ann, also, very tired from the endless hours of waiting for Chakrit's

interviews, and meetings. All she could do was sit, and watch. Sometimes, she couldn't even do that!

"Hungry?" Chakrit asked as he walked towards the bored Ann. "Let's go eat then." He said after Ann nodded slowly. 'Great... food.' Saliva was

literally pouring down Ann's mouth. The only thing stopping it was image. Come on; even if she was poor, she can't ruin her image, especially in

front of this many cameras. They soon arrived at a fancy restaurant, not the one they went to last time, but way fancier. "What do you want to

eat?" Chakrit asked handing the menu to Ann. She stared at the menu, then the prices. 'OH MY GOD! O.O ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THESE

PRICES?' looked up from the menu surprisingly. Chakrit chuckled at her expression. "Don't worry, it's on me." Well, image wasn't that important

now; saving her now churning tummy was the most important now. Ann ordered something that she didn't know how to pronounce since it was in

French, but it looked delicious. The waiter soon came with the dishes. Ann devoured the food in a few minutes, even though it was a VERY big

plate. Chakrit watched in amazement, he's never seen a girl, or even a guy, eat like this.

"You need more food?" Chakrit taunted Ann as she nibbled after the last piece of broccoli.

"No, I’m fine. Thank you for the meal." Now that her tummy was full, she was in a much better mood. She smiled pleasantly at Chakrit. He ate

slowly; he still had half his plate full when her plate didn't even have a trace of food ever existing on it. Now, she was kind of embarrassed. But,

she didn't have time for that since she couldn't believe what Chakrit said next.

"I have been thinking, why don't we go on a date sometimes?"​

sorry for the short update

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
poor Ann... she's all alone. No wonder she seems so sad.. hopefully Mr. Chakrit will bring happiness to her again.

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
Chapter 7

'Now I'm sure I have problems' Ann thought. 'Great, after yesterday I’m starting to imagine things?!' Ann rolled her eyes; Thinking that she has

finally lost it. She laughed, which surprised Chakrit. He looked at her, puzzled, trying to understand what was so funny about asking her out.

"You have no idea what I thought I just heard..." Ann choked out the words. "That was hilarious, now I’m imagining things!" Chakrit continued to

stare at her with puzzled eyes. 'Is she seriously crazy?' He has always doubted her sanity, but this was way off. O.O

"Um... what are you laughing at? I'm serious..." Chakrit finally said. "I'm seriously asking you out." Chakrit said again.

"Okay~ great. See, I’m hearing things AGAIN!" Ann said as she looked at Chakrit.

"Okay... let me say this again." Chakrit sighed. "I-Chakrit-wants-to-date-you-Ann-Thongprasom. Do you understand me now?" Chakrit's gaze

bored into Ann, and she realized that he was serious. A shot of heat ran through Ann's body and she could feel her face heating up. Her face must

be as bright as an apple by now. She didn't know what to say... is he serious? Or is he playing with her? "Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

Chakrit asked.

"Are... you serious?" Ann wanted to make sure that she didn't have hearing problems and he was actually saying these words. A rush of happiness

streamed through Ann as Chakrit nodded, smiling. She smiled happily back at him.

-Week later-

It's been a week since Chakrit and Ann started dating. And the paparazzi are already going crazy. Headlines saying something like,

CHAKRIT'S WIFE AT HOME

THE PRINCE'S NEW PRINCESS

NEVERENDING LOVE OF CHAKRIT, WHO IS IT?

and things that are even worse. Ann was reading the papers and found these; she took a deep breath and lay down on the floor. She let out her

breath, 'God... that's harsh.' Ann thought. 'People are mean...' When she came home today, she found this newspaper shoved under the door. Clearly someone wanted her to see this; Because Ann never ordered newspapers. She never thought going out with Chakrit is so hard.

*ring**ring*

"Hello?" Ann picked up the phone already knowing who it was .

"Are you alright?" He asked at the other end of the line. "You don't have to worry about those newspapers and magazines."

"I understand. You know I won't worry about those things~ I’m too simple minded." Ann laughed. Chakrit laughed with her. These days have been

great minus the bashing. They were together everyday. Ann watched as Chakrit worked and they went to breakfast, lunch, and dinner together.

After, Chakrit will take her home. Everyday is like a dream...

"What are you doing?" Chakrit asked.

"Nothing much..." Ann said not wanting to mention that just a second ago, she was reading the newspaper that was about them. "It's pretty late

now, you should go to sleep. Tomorrow you have a long meeting, so you should get some rest."

"Okay~ love you. See you tomorrow." Chakrit said sweetly.

" Bye~ good night!" Ann smiled even though she knew he couldn't see. It's really nice to be able to say the words 'i love you' it felt really good.

As soon as she hanged up, someone else called.

"Hello?" It couldn't have been Chakrit, he just hanged up. "Who is this?"

"Hey." It was a girl's voice, very familiar. But Ann couldn't remember from where she has heard this voice. "So, heard you are Chakrit are

together now." Now Ann knew who it was, Aff. 'How did she get my number?' Ann wondered.

"What do you want?" Ann said coldly.

"Awe~ why so mean? Aren't we friends?" Aff laughed at the other end. "Well~ let's not continue the act. You better stay away from Chakrit like I

said. Or else, who knows what'll happen right? Now, I don't want you to get hurt. I'm sure you don't want that either right? So, as long as you

follow instructions, you'll be fine. And everyone will be happy right? Well~ I have no time blabbing to you here. Bye."

She hanged up.

Ann stared at the receiver still in her hands. She didn't snap out of it for a long minute. Suddenly she really wanted to see Chakrit; really really

wanted to see him. To tell him what just happened. That Aff threatened her. But Ann knew she couldn't do that. Because who knows what Chakrit

would do? Who knows what Aff would do? What am I going to do?​

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
cool update...awww they started going out...GASP aff is so evil...i wonder what she has plan for ann....that's super scary..

pze

sarNie Adult
thanks for the update i just came in to see what u wrote .....but turn out u updated....hehe....

keep it coming

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
hmmmmmm........... according to the title of this fic, I can't help, but wonder if Chakrit is only playing a game with Ann?? Is there some kind of ploy to pull her in for some kind of gain??

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
OOoohhhh & the drama begins! One week together & problems already. :lol: can't wait to read what Aff is gonna do!! I sense a cat fight...!