Let's Eat & Drink - Vietnamese Cuisine, Foods & Drinks (˘▽˘)っ♨ & (*^◇^)_旦

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
Aww...really? I love my local Asian markets, they practically have everything. Does the pho restaurant where you ate pho have desserts? You could buy them.

Talking about pho, I ordered it to go last week or the week before last week & I was not happy when I got it home and realized the restaurant forgot to include lime & vegetables. A bowl of pho will not taste great if it does not have vegetables & lime juice in it. I called & told the restaurant what happened so they gave me $2 credit. I will see if they honor their words the next time I order something from them again & the next time I will check my order to make sure everything is included lol.

cecilia

Staff member
I never really order pho to go except eat in.  I love mine with lots of green (bean sprout and lettuce) and lime. Pho needs them to taste good lol

I live in a small town so the only asian products I have access to is the 'asian' aisle in the local american grocery store. lol That's why I try to get as much as I can from the Asian store when I visit my parent at home. 

I have never tried pho ramen before but Bryan did and it looks good -- reminds me of some Japanese dish lol  : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thYx2gr0FS0

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Omg I love bahn cahn and even the laos/hmong version aka kaopiek sen. I make the noodles every winter. It is like the easiest thing to make.

Ms.Zoe what ethnicity are you if you don't mind me asking.

Ms.Zoe

@cecilia - I use ramen noodles for the extra/leftover pho broth & when I don't have enough pho noodles lol. His pho ramen is missing beef & chicken lol.

@Ncmeowmeow35 - Yup, they are easy to make. I will whisper to you the answer :secret: lol

@beachboy777 - Are you sure about that? Lol

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
You know I am in the minority. I dislike bean sprouts in my pho but i load it up with basil. Oh and no limes lol. I know I'm super weird! However I love bean sprouts and limes in vietnamese rice porridge lol.

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
I agree with P'Mew.. I loaded with basil but not a big fan of bean sprouts on my pho. I love rice porridge with extra black peppers and red chili, chicken a little of blood lol

Ms.Zoe

I could eat pho with or without bean sprouts but I do need basil leaves, those leaves with spikes (ngo gai), cut onions, cut shallots, cut cilantros & limes. Sometimes I do not even need pho sauce & spices because the broth taste too delicious.

@Ncmeowmeow35 & @beachboy777 - you guys are eating the Vietnamese Northern style of pho where there are no bean sprouts hehehe.

Quick info about Pho - Pho is originally from Northern region of Vietnam.

Cha'o (Porridge) coming up soon lol.

Ms.Zoe

Chao Ga - Vietnamese Chicken Porridge/Congee

looks like this chicken porridge has carrots & mushrooms too

Chao Vit - Vietnamese Duck Porridge/Congee

Chao Long - Vietnamese Innards Porridge/Congee

Banh Gio Chao Quay - Fried Breadsticks

Cr to rightful owners

Ms.Zoe

Balut eggs?

There is this one type of Chao with eggs. It is called Chao Trung Bac Thao where the eggs are pickled eggs. Below is photo of the eggs with pork.

Cr to rightful owners

Ms.Zoe

I could eat them but I don't like to eat them. I quit eating them for many years now because of my beliefs. I could eat & finish them alone without any herbs, pepper, salt & limes.

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
I went to Cambodia last year with my youth group. 6 baluts.. Never again

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Ms.Zoe said:
Balut eggs?There is this one type of Chao with eggs. It is called Chao Trung Bac Thao where the eggs are pickled eggs. Below is photo of the eggs with pork.
Cr to rightful owners
No not the balut( which i don't like) or the thousand year old eggs but the unlaid eggs.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I meant to say lime. I was watching something with lemon and type that instead.

My sister in law is going to make pho and laab. Fish and some other stuff. But I can't eat though cause I got my implant taken out two days ago.

cecilia

Staff member
Balut? That does not look good ... 

Bye, I hope you recover soon so that you can have what you missed.  Steak laab and sticky rice are my go to meal.  I like mine spicy, crunchy, and sour. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I hope so too, I have been dealing with this implant for almost a year now. Finally had enough and went to another oral surgeon for a second opinion. The new doc told me that the implant needs to come out ASAP and give it 3-4 months to heal and never return to that dentist again. All this time he had me walking around with a low grade infection. Wonder why I was in pain for almost 6 months straight.

But I want food and lots of it too...so hungry when u can't eat.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm not a fan of larb either lol but i love goy, cooked of course. Goy goong and goy fish oh so yum!

You know what vietnamese noodle dish I haven't had in a while? Don't know what it calls but it has crab meat, snails, and clear noodle in tomato soup.

Ms.Zoe

@Mew, is it the chicken with unlaid eggs inside it? I don't know about this kind of chicken with embryos. Bun Rieu, Bun Oc?? But the clear noodles are not used for either noodle...Hmmm

@bb777, you over ate them, no wonder lol.

@byebye, I hope you could enjoy foods again soon. I am glad that you went to another oral surgeon for a second opinion.