Let's Eat & Drink - Vietnamese Cuisine, Foods & Drinks (˘▽˘)っ♨ & (*^◇^)_旦

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
More on Che Troi Nuoc

Pandan leaf flavor with coconut shreds

Colorful Che Troi Nuoc

Different flavor from non flavored type (just the glutinous flour) or the pandan leaf flavor - Che Troi Nuoc Matcha...yummy :yummy:!

Mung bean paste with cut scallions

Aside from the common mung bean paste & sometimes with cut scallions, there are other pastes made by red & black beans, sweet potatoes & etc.

Cr as tagged & to original owners

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Ooohh i make those pretty often. I make the liquid part from sugar cane and ginger. The stuffings are usually mung eans, never tried it with scallions. Will have to try that next time.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Ms.Zoe said:
@Ncmeowmeow35, do update on your Banh Beo tomorrow lol.
There is also the sweet kind of Banh Beo (Banh Beo Ngot).
Steamed Pandan Rice Cakes with mung beans (I call it green beans lol), coconut & sesame seeds.

Cr to rightful owners
Lol sorry, I didn't see this til now. I should create an ig page for my cooking. Yes I will do thst because cooking/baking season is coming up. The banh beo was good, so easy to make lol.

Ms.Zoe

There is this other stuffing I think with mung beans too but I need to find out what it is first.

Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Ooohh i make those pretty often. I make the liquid part from sugar cane and ginger. The stuffings are usually mung eans, never tried it with scallions. Will have to try that next time.

Ms.Zoe

Bun Thang - a Northern noodle soup. I have not tried this noodle soup yet but judging from the photo it looks delicious :yummy: with colorful combinations of the pink color of julienned gio lua, gold-white of shredded chicken breast, yellow of shredded thin fried chicken eggs, the green of herbs and scallions, brownish from dry fried shallots and mushrooms, orange from dried shrimps, purple from shrimp paste, hint of red from the spices & of course white color from the bun (noodle).

Cr as tagged & to original owner

Ms.Zoe

Banh Canh - thick Vietnamese noodle soup or Vietnamese rice spaghetti soup. The noodles look quite like Japanese udon. The Vietnamese word bánh refers to items such as noodles or cakes that are made from flour, and canh means "soup". The soup base (broth) can be cooked from pork, crab, fish & etc; the toppings can be with fish cake, mushroom, Vietnamese ham, shrimp balls, crab & etc.

Banh Canh Cua - Vietnamese Crab Rice Spaghetti Soup

Close up of the noodles

Cr as tagged

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I need some ingredients so I can learn how to cook. Seriously, I need to learn how to cook.

I love green mango...I love to shred it mixed with fish sauce, garlic, pepper, lemon, sugar. Those kind of food is my weak link

cecilia

Staff member
The clear noodle dish looks like the Hmong version of Kaopiak to me lol

Byebye, I love green mango with fish sauce and pepper but no lime/lemon. It's already sour enough for me lol
I like cooking ... always do it when I'm bore. 

I want a bowl of Pandan .. how do you even make that? ... i'm going to youtube it lol

Ms.Zoe

@beachboy777 - you like the lobster ha? Lol

@byebye - these kind of sweet & more sour foods are my strong links because I don't eat them as often. I don't like foods that are predominantly sour. You use lemon? I use lime lol. I like the smell & taste of limes more lol.

@cecilia - I googled on Kaopiak & yes, its noodles look similar to Banh Canh's noodles since both of these noodles' ingredients are rice flour. Are you referring to Che Banh Lot? Good luck in making them!

Ms.Zoe

@cecilia - oh I see lol. It is a sweet dessert, the sweetness is from the fillings inside. Some people put a little salt into the fillings as well to add more flavors like how sea salt with chocolate hehe. Did you find a good recipe for it yet? If not I could give you one ;). I make limenade. Sometimes I would keep the used squeezed pieces of limes to wash my hands.

@beachboy777 - Oops haha...I had a bad day, I had to watch over a group of little boys today. 90% of them drove me insane, I wanted to put my hair out & had to raise my voice most of the time talking to them. Now my throat hurts. Little girls are nice & sweet because they listen to instructions.

cecilia

Staff member
Lime on your face? Wouldn't that burn a lot more than lemon? I use lemon/sugar for scrub lol

I haven't found one yet ... will do it later tonight (might attempt it lol). If you have a good one, please share before 4:30pm so that I can run to grab it at the grocery store. I might not add any salt to it but we'll see lol

Ms.Zoe

@cecilia - No, I rub them on my fingers & hands lol. When I eat seafood with my hands, I rub them on my fingers & hands first before washing my fingers & hands with soap. Adding just a little bit of salt into these fillings enhance their flavors, some people say the salt make the sugar sweeter. I actually like adding little salt into these fillings because these fillings taste better for me. Since this is your first attempt, I think no salt just to be safe :).

There is a variety of names for this dessert - Mung Bean Mochi with Ginger Syrup, Mochi Dumplings Ginger Sauce, Glutinous Rice Balls Dessert, Sweet Sticky Rice Dumplings Dessert & etc...

Here is the recipe link https://sites.google.com/site/ravenouscoupleprintablerecipes/che-xoi-nuoc-mochi-dumplings-ginger-sauce

@beachboy777 - My patience ran out, I will have a serious talk with these boys hehe.

Ms.Zoe

I had this yesterday with coconut milk instead of ginger syrup. It is called Che Troi Nuoc Bot Bang, it is similar to Che Troi Nuoc but its shell is made with tapioca pearls instead of glutinous/sweet rice flour.

Cr as tagged & to rightful owner

cecilia

Staff member
I want some asian dessert lol - I didn't find the ingredients I need at the local grocery store (asian aisle). 

But I want a bowl of pho now lol I had it the other day but after seeing someone post up a picture of his bowl .. I want it lol