Let's Eat & Drink - Vietnamese Cuisine, Foods & Drinks (˘▽˘)っ♨ & (*^◇^)_旦

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
More than 1 week ago I ate a lot of Banh Mi. When you don't have the time to cook, Banh Mi to the rescue lol, well at least for me haha.

There are many types of Banh Mi, all depending on what go into between the 2 buns. Below looks like Banh Mi Thit Xa Xiu, one of the types I ate along with Banh Mi Thit Nguoi. These 2 types are what I often choose. 

This looks like a breakfast type of Banh Mi, there are bacons & eggs. I would not recommend eating it with 2 eggs lol.

Banh Mi Thit Ga Nuong - Grilled Chicken Banh Mi

Cr to original owners

sarN

sarNie Granny
I woke up late . the artist , the client and my sister was calling me to open the shop loll . no time to eat . so I took it to the shop .

Ms.Zoe

I don't eat this type of Bun often but once in a while, I would have a craving for it. It's called Bun Rieu (a Northern Vietnam type of Bun) - Vietnamese Meat Rice Vermicelli Soup. There are a few types, the most known types are Crab, Fish, Shrimp & Snail. I personally like the Bun Rieu Cua (Crab) most. I like to eat this type of Bun because of the crab paste with eggs, tofu & tomatoes!! .

To eat Bun Rieu, you will need these other items to put into a bowl of Bun Rieu. Shrimp paste enriches its flavor.

Cr as tagged & to original owners

Ms.Zoe

I am craving for Che Banh Lot - Vietnamese Worm Like Jelly Drink. I love to eat it cold with the pandan flavor & coconut milk. It's also known in different Southeast Asian countries as Cendol, Lod Chong, Mont Let Saung & etc.

Cr to original owners

Ms.Zoe

I have not eat this for a while which I forgot when was the last time I ate it. It is one of my favorites & it is called Mien Ga - Chicken Glass Noodle Soup. Some people would add shredded black fungus mushrooms & boiled quail eggs into their bowls.

Close up photo of the glass noodle

Cr to theravenouscouple & original owners

Ms.Zoe

I just had Goi Cuon Chay - vegetarian spring rolls with peanut butter sauce for dinner. There are other sauces too such as fish sauce, fermented fish sauce (with minced lemongrass & pineapple), soy sauce & this one orange sauce that I am not quite sure how it is made. Peanut butter sauce & soy sauce are most edible for people who are not allergic to peanuts or soybeans & could not eat sauces with fish smell. I love to eat this because I get to eat a lot of vegetables so it is pretty much healthy besides that it is also colorful with all the different vegetables. Here are some photos of different kinds of Goi Cuon:

Goi Cuon Ga (Chicken) with Avocado

Goi Cuon Prawn with Mango

Demonstration photo

P.s. When making peanut butter sauce, make it with the sauce that you eat with Pho & add a little Sriracha with crushed peanuts.

Ms.Zoe

I did not post much photos of the different kinds of Goi Cuon in previous post so here they are:

Korean beef & kimchi Goi Cuon

Goi Cuon Nem Nuong (Grilled Pork), not sure what the sauce is... Hmmm..

A variant of Goi Cuon, it is called Bo Bia

Ms.Zoe

Tet Trung Thu (Mid Autumn Moon Festival) is coming soon so I am craving for some Banh Trung Thu (Moon Cakes)! :lol:....there are many different types of Moon Cakes, mainly depending on the fillings. My favorite type would be Durian with Green Bean fillings....so yummy :yummy:.

Moon Cakes also come in many different shapes, designs & colors.

Little piggy moon cake is so cute!

Different fillings & outer layers.

Ice cream moon cakes, I want to try them!

Cr to rightful owners

Step

Mrs James Ma
 :yummy: :yummy: :yummy: these noodles, vermicelli used daily are home made or comes in packets???

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
My favorite moon cake is the lotus with double yolk but I can only eat 1 a year lol.

Tomorrow I'm msking bahn beo for the bf. Haven't had that in a long while.

Ms.Zoe

From the photos I posted, I think they are either home made or from Vietnamese restaurants. These types of noodles also come in packets but they are not great since they are not fresh & will need extras such as meats, seafood, vegetables & sauces/spices/flavors to make them good to eat.

Step said:
:yummy: :yummy: :yummy: these noodles, vermicelli used daily are home made or comes in packets???

Step

Mrs James Ma
I like glass noodles.
Those Moon cakes are looking cute.
Ms.Zoe said:
From the photos I posted, I think they are either home made or from Vietnamese restaurants. These types of noodles also come in packets but they are not great since they are not fresh & will need extras such as meats, seafood, vegetables & sauces/spices/flavors to make them good to eat.

Ms.Zoe

They are yummy & they contain lots of calories lol.

Ahhh Banh Beo (Steamed Rice Cakes), I totally forgot about them, now that you mentioned them, here are some photos of them lol. I think the reason I forgot about them was that I posted Banh Bot Loc, this is a famous Central Vietnam dish & Banh Beo is also a famous dish from Central Vietnam too.

Banh Beo with mung beans, fried shallots and green cut scallions & dried shrimps.

With fried pork skins & (Nuoc Mam) fish sauce yummy :yummy:.

Cr to rightful owners

Ncmeowmeow35 said:
My favorite moon cake is the lotus with double yolk but I can only eat 1 a year lol.
Tomorrow I'm msking bahn beo for the bf. Haven't had that in a long while.

Ms.Zoe

@Ncmeowmeow35, do update on your Banh Beo tomorrow lol.

There is also the sweet kind of Banh Beo (Banh Beo Ngot).

Steamed Pandan Rice Cakes with mung beans (I call it green beans lol), coconut & sesame seeds.

Cr to rightful owners

Ms.Zoe

I want to eat them now....Let go my Egg Rolls lol.

Cha Gio (Vietnamese Egg Rolls) aka as Nem Ran by Northern Vietnamese people - the wrappers on these egg rolls are rice paper wrappers, they have the crunchiness & chewiness to them.

I considered them as sisters to Vietnamese Spring Rolls lol.

These egg rolls have different wrappers.

Another different wrappers so these egg rolls are called Cha Gio Re.

Another photo of Bo Bia, so yummy :yummy:!

Cr to original owners

Ms.Zoe

Back to desserts

Chè Trôi Nước, sometimes it is called Chè Xôi Nước, both meaning "dessert wading in water." It is consisting of balls made from mung bean paste wrapped in a shell made of glutinous rice flour. The balls are served in a sweet clear or brown liquid made of water, sugar, and grated ginger root. It is generally warmed before eating and garnished with sesame seeds, shredded ginger & coconut milk.

Cr to original owners