Let's Eat & Drink - Vietnamese Cuisine, Foods & Drinks (˘▽˘)っ♨ & (*^◇^)_旦

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I had Pho last week

This week/today I have Bun Bo Hue

I wish I could have 2 glasses of fresh Vietnamese sugar cane drinks right now

Cr for noodle soup photos meatlovessalt & xinchaovietnam websites and vietnamesedrink.wordpress website for drink photo

Ms.Zoe

Haha...funny video, how did you spill it? Lol, that whole area either has a small parking lot or it is crowded. You guys ate other Vietnamese foods too, they looked delicious!

I will post more yummy foods & drinks photos that I want to eat & drink later lol.

sarN

sarNie Granny
We got a small table & just our 3 large bowl , 1 dish of appetizers, 2 plate of veg. plus all those sauce , chopsticks, 3 drinks , good lord, I knock them & spill the damn bowl lol . Wash my pant w/ cold water & hand soap in the bath room ^^^^ next time I go eat at Mama's house , she close her shop & home cook pho , she only open 2 day a week but her pho is goooooodddddd . Ill take pic & show this week.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Man I am sooo craving for Ban Xeoi.

Bun Bo Hue is my favorite vietnamese dish. I order that 9 out of 10x I go to a vietnamese restuarants lol.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I am a noodle worshiper lol. When I was in Bali...I'missed always looking for their noodle....only it's not good. One place I really like it though is the noodle soup with obvious lemon grass smell. It has egg, tomatoes, potatoes, slices of chicken and something else I can't remember. But I like the smell of lemon grass. The other restaurants I go to usually used Ramon noodles which is not that good.

Step

Mrs James Ma
I'm new to Vietnamese cuisine. I have saved some pics from google.
Banh Bot Loc (Vietnamese Clear Shrimp and Pork Dumplings)

Vietnamese Beef Salad with Papaya

Dua chua (pickled mustard greens)

Ms.Zoe

I will be back to post more yummy photos and comment on the posts made by the ladies here once I have WiFi for my laptop...I have so many photos I want to post lol.

Ms.Zoe

FYI Pad Kee Mao Gai is not a Vietnamese dish.

@sarN - where are the photos? lol

I like Bun Bo Hue too. It is because of the lemon grass. I like Pho more because Pho is less messier on the lips lol & there are the chicken & beef meatballs types besides the regular type with ox tails, beef tendons & etc.

Here are photos of Banh Xeo

How some people eat Banh Xeo

Cr as tagged & to original owners

Ms.Zoe

Some people called these Mini Banh Xeo but in fact they are called Banh Khot.

Ms.Zoe

Vietnamese Dua Chua (Pickled Mustard Greens) for Vietnamese people is like Kimchi for Koreans. You could eat them by themselves or cook them with meats such as pork & beef and with seafood...Yummmmm.

Ms.Zoe

Yes, those are Banh Bo. There is also the Banh Bo Nuong (Vietnamese Honey Comb Cake) besides the Banh Bo (Steamed Rice Cake)

Vietnamese Honey Comb Cake

Vietnamese Steamed Rice Cake

Ms.Zoe

I am craving for this Vietnamese Tay Ho Steamed Rice Rolls dish - Banh Cuon Tay Ho. I find this dish easy to eat, you don't have to eat with your hands & less fatty than Banh Xeo. It is originally from Northern Vietnam in the urban district of Hanoi the capital of Vietnam, Tay Ho. The fried sweet potatoes are addictive. As many Vietnamese dishes including this dish, Nuoc Mam (Fish Sauce) is essential, sometimes when I eat this dish, I eat it with soy sauce or Nuoc Mam or soy sauce with Nuoc Mam.

@Maya_Fantasy - currently I don't have any of these dishes' recipes. When I have time, I will search for the recipes because I have always wanted to do that :).

@Step - I knew it already & I understand, feel free to post any other dish you want :) but if they are not Vietnamese dishes then I will comment lol or I may add more photos to those dishes :lol: & thanks for those photos you have posted.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Well, I got a funny story to tell about this morning loll. My mom cook Pho this morning 

http://youtu.be/YJ9g66yRmnY

Ms.Zoe

Lol, why did not you just finish it at home then come to the shop? Hahaha, that is the first time I know of someone walking with a bowl of Pho.

Well, I got a funny story to tell about this morning loll. My mom cook Pho this morning 

http://youtu.be/YJ9g66yRmnY