Lao Troops Told 'Shoot to Kill' Hmong Rebels

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
And what is wrong for sporting a communist flag? Ain't Laos a communist country now? Ain't it the new Laos Flag? Anyways, I'm just representing my country .... no matter who's running Laos, it doesn't really matter to me as long as its run by 'Khon LAO'.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
You're entitled to representing anything you want. Though, I just find it funny how you're not representing it by living there. =)
I'd like to see Laotians in the USA try and live in the communist Lao now... I don't think they'd like it very much. They will probably miss the democracy of the USA. I know I would.

Laos used to be a monarchy, having a kingdom and peace. I will never forget that I am Laotian, but I will always remember that the communists drove me away from my country. As far as I'm concerned, that new Lao flag doesn't mean anything to me.
Thank you.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
You're entitled to representing anything you want. Though, I just find it funny how you're not representing it by living there. =)
I'd like to see Laotians in the USA try and live in the communist Lao now... I don't think they'd like it very much. They will probably miss the democracy of the USA. I know I would.

Laos used to be a monarchy, having a kingdom and peace. I will never forget that I am Laotian, but I will always remember that the communists drove me away from my country. As far as I'm concerned, that new Lao flag doesn't mean anything to me.
Thank you.
How you know they wouldn't like it? Well, I went to Laos in 2005 and stay there for almost 6 months. Had a good time. Never had problem with the govt or the police.

Laos living condition is far more better than it was when the country was still monarchy. If you haven't visit Laos yet .. go ahead and experience what its like living there.

lady0fdarkness

I love the laotian people and culture and land. I, however do not like the communist government. They captured my Father, tortured him, tried to brainwash him, and eventually he died of brain hemorrhage from all the torture. The worst part is that, this happened while I was still in my Mother's womb. So I did not get a chance to see his face. The communists took him away from a wife and 5 small children to fend for themselves and escape the war.

So naturally, I will feel bitterness towards the Lao government and their communist flag. I'm not trying to belittle you about it, but as for me... I will never accept their new flag. It's a representation of what killed my Father and left my Mother heart broken.

Thank you for your insights though.

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
i think this is a situation that has only recently come into light and so few know the extent of it..so i will explain what i know from a hmong person's point of view (yes, those are my people in the jungles, forced into hiding for fear of their lives)

after the vietnam war the american cia pulled out of laos and left the hmong who they used as a weapon against the lao communists. The hmong agreed to help the CIA, putting their lives at risk for the americans and the old lao government because they knew the consequences of a lao communist government. Mostly they were used as ambush and rescue units in laos and along the Ho chi min trail in vietnam to stop transportation of weaponary...

after the americans pulled out of vietnam, the hmong were basically left to fend for themselves..most escaped to thailand and into refugee camps, later immigrating to the US but some were left behind, unable to escape because they or their family were marked men of the secret army...being unable to live in the villages of laos they ran into the jungles and hid...the lao communists have been hunting them since...recently in the past few years bbc did a special on the hmong in the jungles, if you search on youtube you'll find the videos of old hmong elders on their knees, begging for help and rescue...half of them missing limbs...

these old hmong veterens, these old hmong men and women and children are the rebels of which this article speaks...they are not rebels, they are humans, humans left for death...what would you do in the face of death...

remember that war is not one sided...

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
there's nothing wrong with sporting a communist laos flag.

i think that the government isnt all that straight though.
all govt arent straight.
i say it too. im american, and sometimes what america does isnt right.
but im not supporting that.
me being american is me supporting the right thing,
and if my govt is killing people, yah i would step up and question.

there's a difference between having faith in the govt,
and supporting what the govt does.

killing hmong people isnt right. killing any race isnt right.
regardless if you're laos and love your govt,
you dont have to support them killing those people.

true, there have been bombing of cars, etc.
but these hmong people arent doing it for fun.
they want the govt. to give them freedom.
they government cant provide them that.

im sure if the government is no persecuting them,
they wont be bombing them trucks, etc.

i really respect all your posts.
i appreciate you all for sharing your opinions.
let's all share our views and dont get toooo hot about it.

take care.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
I love the laotian people and culture and land. I, however do not like the communist government. They captured my Father, tortured him, tried to brainwash him, and eventually he died of brain hemorrhage from all the torture. The worst part is that, this happened while I was still in my Mother's womb. So I did not get a chance to see his face. The communists took him away from a wife and 5 small children to fend for themselves and escape the war.

So naturally, I will feel bitterness towards the Lao government and their communist flag. I'm not trying to belittle you about it, but as for me... I will never accept their new flag. It's a representation of what killed my Father and left my Mother heart broken.

Thank you for your insights though.
My dad had to escape to Thailand also because of feared that the communists will come after him ... shoot he's even scared of my uncle (from my mom's side) who is with the communists ... But like I said .. Communists of today is way different from Communists 30 some years ago.

As to the army going around killing innocents lives .. I'm not for it but than again ... there's gonna be innocent people that get caught in the cross fire.

Anyways, I believe this is the current politicians in Laos

The Politburo of the Lao PDR

1. Lt General Choummaly Sayasone
2. Lt General Samane Viyaketh
3. Mr Thongsing Thammavong
4. Colonel Bounnhang Vorachit
5. General Sisavath Keobounphanh
6. Major General Asang Laoly (Hmong)
7. Mr Bouasone Bouphavanh
8. Dr Thongloun Sisoulith
9. Major General Douangchay Phichith
10. Mr Somsavat Lengsavad
11. Mrs Pany Yathotou (Hmong)

Hence, the 2 Hmong leaders .. I believe there are more but these people are the major ones.

Just like to end it with ... if people (Lao n Hmong) can put away the past and focus on the future of Laos ... Laos will become a better country (economically & technologically) NO MATTER WHO'S IN CHARGE.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
^ agree.

and, NOT all hmong people are anti- communists,
as NOT all laos are anti- hmong, right?

communist is different today than many years ago.

but the truth is that the government CAN NOT let go of the past,
and realistically, that's what we're dealing with today.

the problem is real.
it's harder for countries that had to fight for a stable government
to deal with issues rather than states who had the stability easy.

america is able to deal with diversity because it's democracy
came after the american revolution, and that's it. government established.

but i think for laos, there are a lot of bitterness and resentment left.
people are not as forgiving, not if they are ga-trillion% nationalistic, patriotic.
of course they are gonna want to kill the people who they've seen historically as their enemy.

bleh. im ranting on.

take care ya'll.

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
geez first of all that reporter didn't reveal his/her source so how we to know if she'he telling truth for all we know he/she is lying i mean i can write an article saying the president of united state rape and killed a prostitute and say that i confirm it "privately with my source" doesn't make it true. now if it was rue we do need to do somethign about it and minamkumo you're too harsh(and im putting it nicely instead of using words i feel liek using) so you expect american gov't to help out everytime there is trouble in some otehr country doing so not gonna help them because then they will jsut keep looking to us for help when they run into a wall

ladi sati you speak as if the american gov't was established jsut liekthat over one night, well i hate to burst your fantasy bubble but um we worked and fought hard so that we can have this kind of freedom you think it was easy, sure we weren't as oppress as those other countries but you shouldn't belittle our struggle like that that so isn't right

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
geez first of all that reporter didn't reveal his/her source so how we to know if she'he telling truth for all we know he/she is lying i mean i can write an article saying the president of united state rape and killed a prostitute and say that i confirm it "privately with my source" doesn't make it true. now if it was rue we do need to do somethign about it and minamkumo you're too harsh(and im putting it nicely instead of using words i feel liek using) so you expect american gov't to help out everytime there is trouble in some otehr country doing so not gonna help them because then they will jsut keep looking to us for help when they run into a wall

ladi sati you speak as if the american gov't was established jsut liekthat over one night, well i hate to burst your fantasy bubble but um we worked and fought hard so that we can have this kind of freedom you think it was easy, sure we weren't as oppress as those other countries but you shouldn't belittle our struggle like that that so isn't right

^ hi. thanks for sharing your opinion.
i really respect that. thanks.

im not saying that it was easy.
but it was easier than most countries, right?
and heck no, im not belittling our fight for freedom.
but heck yah we fought and we got it.
some people and country are still fighting for theirs.
and i dont live in a fantasy bubble. thank you.

AND, how do you know it's not true?
that's as saying that the holocaust isnt true.
the armenina genocide, the darfur killings.
even the United Nations acknowledged it.
Amnesty International acknowledged it.
Human Rights Watch acknowledged it.
Condoleezza Rice has been written and notified to talk about it.
it's relevant. there are many sources.
i dont think the United Nations, AI, HRW would lie about such things.
maybe it isn't as public is because the governments are trying to prevent it from being leaked into the international world.
of course they are not gonna come out and say, 'yah, we kill hmong people.'

if you know, people have to sneak into the jungle just to get to see the hmong people
because the government will harm them if the story got out.

if you know history of the hmong people and why they are being killed today,
you would know that there's some sort of hostility btwn the laos govt and the hmong people.
you dont need abc, cbs, bbc news to report it everyday to make it true.
there are videos to prove it. there are killings to prove it.
whatever source, whatever, the fact is that it is true.

i respect america as heck. im a proud american. and im also hmong.
but im not bias to say that hmong people are the only one suffering in the world.
TRUE, america can not help out everyone. and im not saying that they should help everyone everytime.
but america do have connection with the hmong people since the vietnam war.

there are a lot of reasons. im a politics, international studies/relations student.
im not putting this in anyone's face. im not saying that what i say is always right,
but as a student of that field, i have learned of many reasons why things happen and dont happen.
i have learned of disadvantages and advantages of the international realm.
there are interdependent relationships, loss and gains, allliances, etc to keep in mind.

yah. well. that was a lot.
but, thanks for sharing all your opinions.
it's really interesting to see many views on this topic.
please feel free to share more.
i have no bashing intentions and i dont mean to aim anything negative.
take care.

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
i wasn't saying it wasn't true i was just saying that the reporter should put out more solid evidence if they want others to help these ppl bc i do think its true , but i don't think we as american should get to involve with this and notice i said too involve i didn't say not invovle at all big difference, i think a line should be drawn somewhere in helping these ppl. you can hate me for sayign this but not gonna change the fact that i think this way or that i said it so

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
i disagree...we as americans should get more than a little involved...it was we americans who left the hmong to fend for themselves....we've dominated the world economically and politically for more than half a century now, the choice is ours....i think our leaders chose this domination and now must take responsibility for it...like in spiderman, with great power comes great responsibility...especially if its a personal responsibility which, in this case, it is.

lady0fdarkness

That's what I've been wondering. The Americans are literally the world leaders, and yet they cannot do anything to help the Hmongs that are left behind in the jungle? Don't they remember that those Hmongs fought side by side with them?? The Americans like to get involved in everyone's business, so why not get involved and help these poor people that are people elimated by the Lao communist troops? Innocent women and children are being killed for something their grandparents did back in the 70s! I feel that it is the American's duty to save the Hmongs. They need to do something quick.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
i wasn't saying it wasn't true i was just saying that the reporter should put out more solid evidence if they want others to help these ppl bc i do think its true , but i don't think we as american should get to involve with this and notice i said too involve i didn't say not invovle at all big difference, i think a line should be drawn somewhere in helping these ppl. you can hate me for sayign this but not gonna change the fact that i think this way or that i said it so
^ i know that their are a lot of sources.
but as everyone agree, the usa with the super power is looking the other way.
if we, as the power leaders look the other way,
everyone is gonna look the other way too.
i dont hate you or anything. :p
i really respect you for stating your opinion. i really do.
thanks.

i disagree...we as americans should get more than a little involved...it was we americans who left the hmong to fend for themselves....we've dominated the world economically and politically for more than half a century now, the choice is ours....i think our leaders chose this domination and now must take responsibility for it...like in spiderman, with great power comes great responsibility...especially if its a personal responsibility which, in this case, it is.
^ i think that the united states has nothing to gain in helping the hmong.
say, after they help the hmong, what will they get?
i think in the real world, one would only help if they get something in return.
there's no advantage.
the cost would be more than the benefit.

so yah.
i like reading the posts.
thanks.
take care.

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
its not about gain and its not about what the americans ususally do..we all know we didnt go into iraq to oust sadam, we went to show our control and superiority...but what we're arguing is what should happen, not what usually does...you might say its futile to argue for something that wont happen given the american history but if everyone has that mentality then no one will speak up and there will be no change in the world.

the americans can gain their honor and integrity back if they help the hmong...we boast about our greatness so much but we often shove our noses where it doesnt belong rather than where it does...

besides we often do costly things that gain us little but hatred from the rest of the world...each year the US budget gets delegated into problems that are immensly costly most of which are international and doesnt yield immediate benefits..maybe helping the hmong wont yield immediate benefits but later on it might...

skies

sarNie Adult
i did a speech on this topic (similar to this topic) in one of my college class...and during my research, i found some really disturbing data on the hmong people in laos....i know that the hmong fought alongside the us during the war, but seriously, that war ended decades ago, how many more people are going to die just so that the laotian govt would be satisfied??? moreover, i am deeply disappointed in the us for not responding to such crisis....i believe there are many innocent and kind laotian folks out there, but it is just the government that needs to be rearranged...

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
By Sarah Jackson-Han

BANGKOK - Government troops in Laos have been ordered to shoot to kil1 ethnic Hmong insurgents in the country's northern jungle regions, with cash rewards offered for every "enemy" killed, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reports.

A military official in the northern province of Luangprabang told RFA's Lao service the orders had now become an "open secret" in Laos. The orders apply to the region extending from lower Luangprabang to Xiengkkhouang and the northern part of Vientiane province, where the government hopes systematically to break up Hmong opposition groups by force.

For the last year, those who kill a Hmong fighter have been promised automatic grass-roots Communist Party membership and a one-step promotion, along with a reward of six million kip (U.S. $600) per head, said the military official, who requested anonymity.

A spokesman for the Laos Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Vientiane dismissed the report. "This is sheer fabrication, spread around overseas without any knowledge of real facts," Yong Chanthalangsy told RFA. "The fact is there's no truth to it."

The military official added that "opposition" includes not only unidentified armed groups, but also "bad elements" or highwaymen, as well as Hmong villagers hiding in the jungles.

The last two years have seen a number of ambushes against trucks and cars belonging to gold mining companies in the area.

Starving and naked
U.S. eyewitnesses described Hmong villagers coming out of hiding in 2005 as "desperate," with big-bellied children with untreated injuries, and weaker people being carried on the backs of others. Some were starving; others were naked.

Beginning in 2004, Hmong rebels began surrendering to government troops, emerging from the jungle in their thousands amid promises of land and building materials to set up new homes.

But sources say many of those new settlements have dispersed, and it is unknown whether the Hmong who surrendered have gone back into hiding or died. Asked if the Hmong who surrendered had gone back to the jungle, Yong Chanthalangsy said: "Very few of them."

"Why fight when the country is at peace?"

Asked if government troops were hunting down Hmong rebels, he said, "Not true, not true."

"Why would the troops be sent to fight when the country is at peace? Our soldiers are carrying out their duties by protecting the roads so as to ensure the security for the public only. The war is over, fighting is no longer needed," he told reporter Thanapha. But Vientiane sources confirmed privately that all Hmong remaining in the jungle were considered enemies.

They also said that a unit of the Vietnamese intelligence service was stationed in Nong Tang, in Phou Kout district (formerly Muong Soui), operating under the guise of a scrap metal business. The unit was using telephone signal detectors to track communications between Hmong to pinpoint the exact locations of the groups, prior to further attacks by Lao government troops.

Last week, U.S. senators from five states with large resettled Hmong constituencies wrote to Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice asking her to provide an update on U.S. efforts toward setting up more human rights monitoring of the Hmong people back in Laos. The State Department said it was looking into the claims of abuses.

Thousands stayed behind
Sources in Laos said the majority of the Hmong who surrendered-including the elderly, women, and children - were also disappearing, either back into the mountainous jungle, or crossing the border into Thailand, or perhaps dying. The Hmong, advised by the CIA, fought on behalf of a pro-American government during the Vietnam War.

They later found themselves all but abandoned after their communist enemies, the Pathet Lao, won a long civil war in 1975 with support from thousands of North Vietnamse troops fighting inside Laos. More than 300,000 Lao refugees, mostly Hmong, fled after the takeover, with many resettling in the United States. Thousands stayed behind, some adjusting to the new hard-line regime and others staying in the jungle, where they face continuing attacks.

Many Hmong, to whom international aid agencies have no access, have voiced hope that after they surrender the United Nations will treat them as political asylum-seekers rather than economic migrants and help find them a home.

Original reporting in Lao by Chareunsouk. RFA Lao service director: Viengsay Luangkhot. Written for the Web in English by Luisetta Mudie and edited by Sarah Jackson-Han.

sorce:http://newsblaze.com/story/20080208201534n...op-Stories.html

Please excuse me! I AM SO SORRY!

Fucking bullshit! Leave them the fuck alone!

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
By Sarah Jackson-Han

BANGKOK - Government troops in Laos have been ordered to shoot to kil1 ethnic Hmong insurgents in the country's northern jungle regions, with cash rewards offered for every "enemy" killed, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reports.

A military official in the northern province of Luangprabang told RFA's Lao service the orders had now become an "open secret" in Laos. The orders apply to the region extending from lower Luangprabang to Xiengkkhouang and the northern part of Vientiane province, where the government hopes systematically to break up Hmong opposition groups by force.

For the last year, those who kill a Hmong fighter have been promised automatic grass-roots Communist Party membership and a one-step promotion, along with a reward of six million kip (U.S. $600) per head, said the military official, who requested anonymity.

A spokesman for the Laos Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Vientiane dismissed the report. "This is sheer fabrication, spread around overseas without any knowledge of real facts," Yong Chanthalangsy told RFA. "The fact is there's no truth to it."

The military official added that "opposition" includes not only unidentified armed groups, but also "bad elements" or highwaymen, as well as Hmong villagers hiding in the jungles.

The last two years have seen a number of ambushes against trucks and cars belonging to gold mining companies in the area.

Starving and naked
U.S. eyewitnesses described Hmong villagers coming out of hiding in 2005 as "desperate," with big-bellied children with untreated injuries, and weaker people being carried on the backs of others. Some were starving; others were naked.

Beginning in 2004, Hmong rebels began surrendering to government troops, emerging from the jungle in their thousands amid promises of land and building materials to set up new homes.

But sources say many of those new settlements have dispersed, and it is unknown whether the Hmong who surrendered have gone back into hiding or died. Asked if the Hmong who surrendered had gone back to the jungle, Yong Chanthalangsy said: "Very few of them."

"Why fight when the country is at peace?"

Asked if government troops were hunting down Hmong rebels, he said, "Not true, not true."

"Why would the troops be sent to fight when the country is at peace? Our soldiers are carrying out their duties by protecting the roads so as to ensure the security for the public only. The war is over, fighting is no longer needed," he told reporter Thanapha. But Vientiane sources confirmed privately that all Hmong remaining in the jungle were considered enemies.

They also said that a unit of the Vietnamese intelligence service was stationed in Nong Tang, in Phou Kout district (formerly Muong Soui), operating under the guise of a scrap metal business. The unit was using telephone signal detectors to track communications between Hmong to pinpoint the exact locations of the groups, prior to further attacks by Lao government troops.

Last week, U.S. senators from five states with large resettled Hmong constituencies wrote to Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice asking her to provide an update on U.S. efforts toward setting up more human rights monitoring of the Hmong people back in Laos. The State Department said it was looking into the claims of abuses.

Thousands stayed behind
Sources in Laos said the majority of the Hmong who surrendered-including the elderly, women, and children - were also disappearing, either back into the mountainous jungle, or crossing the border into Thailand, or perhaps dying. The Hmong, advised by the CIA, fought on behalf of a pro-American government during the Vietnam War.

They later found themselves all but abandoned after their communist enemies, the Pathet Lao, won a long civil war in 1975 with support from thousands of North Vietnamse troops fighting inside Laos. More than 300,000 Lao refugees, mostly Hmong, fled after the takeover, with many resettling in the United States. Thousands stayed behind, some adjusting to the new hard-line regime and others staying in the jungle, where they face continuing attacks.

Many Hmong, to whom international aid agencies have no access, have voiced hope that after they surrender the United Nations will treat them as political asylum-seekers rather than economic migrants and help find them a home.

Original reporting in Lao by Chareunsouk. RFA Lao service director: Viengsay Luangkhot. Written for the Web in English by Luisetta Mudie and edited by Sarah Jackson-Han.

sorce:http://newsblaze.com/story/20080208201534n...op-Stories.html

Please excuse me! I AM SO SORRY!

Fucking bullshit! Leave them the fuck alone!

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
The Laotian Gov't is overally corrupted and blind or something.
THey are pathetic and could not get over the fact that the Hmong sided with the US CIA.
Now they are practically trying to wipe the Hmong population.
ANd they are basically taken their own peoples lives. Hmong are Hmong, but they are Hmong-Lao.
They live and grew up in that land. Life in there was much harder for them.
But the gov't is blinded. Still, they used to their own anger to destroy these people.
THey should keep in mind they are the world's POOREST country.
Instead of killing these people.
They should be investing their economy.
Send their people to school.
Improve education so they can catch up.
I am very heartbroken and hurt that they would rather kill so many lives than to educate their own country.

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
laos is a communist country and therefor should be taken apart as should vietnam and myanmar... democracy would truly show the truth whats behind these repressive regimes... unfortunately capitalism seems to be more important then human rights in the leadership the US sells these days...

...my 2 cents...
YES!