Lan Ch'ang

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Howdy ya'll...okay, well here's a sample of what my home business candle site would look like.
It's not up and running yet, so no products, mainly because I haven't made anything yet. I'm not even sure if I would open it at all, it really depends on the feedback on the samples really.

It's just a rough draft, and I really like the website, it's so organize. You can't see it but it has a nice clear inventory (which is currently zero).

Anyway, I'd like some feedback on it.

I saw that Lan Xang was spelled with an X but didn't quite like it spelled that way so I went with the 'Ch' instead.

Lan Ch'ang candles.

anan

sarNie Adult
Howdy ya'll...okay, well here's a sample of what my home business candle site would look like.
It's not up and running yet, so no products, mainly because I haven't made anything yet. I'm not even sure if I would open it at all, it really depends on the feedback on the samples really.

It's just a rough draft, and I really like the website, it's so organize. You can't see it but it has a nice clear inventory (which is currently zero).

Anyway, I'd like some feedback on it.

I saw that Lan Xang was spelled with an X but didn't quite like it spelled that way so I went with the 'Ch' instead.

Lan Ch'ang candles.
Nice, very clear & clean, however i would personally suggest to reduce the size(height) of your logo banner so you can save more space to show your featured products ^_^...
add some samples/items to your catalogue.

G'luck Liberty B)

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Thanks.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to sell or even if I'm going to do it for sure.
I was thinking about gourmet chocolates but then I found out I need a food license, eek sounds like a lot of work but we'll see.
For now candles are easy to deal with.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
wouldnt it be lan sang instead?
i thought chang was the thai spelling of elephant
and sang is lao
lol I have no idea but now that you mentioned it, good point.
I'm not really sure myself if the spelling really matters because when I typed in Laos, it only pulled up two spellings, Lan Ch'ang and Lan Xang.
The one with the 'X' looked a little too Chinese or Vietnamese so I went with the 'Ch'.

noungning

Heartless
i agree, the name makes it more thai than lao.

the website itself, looks like it'd be a work in progress. i suppose when u add the content into the page, it'd deliver a better message of what u are selling. because from looking at the site, u cannot tell it is a place to buy candles... and more like a blog spot. aside from your welcome message and the left hand side frame indicating quantity/count, i don't think anyone can tell it's a site to sell candles... or maybe that is what u are trying to communicate?

jenlattana

sarNie Egg

the website itself, looks like it'd be a work in progress. i suppose when u add the content into the page, it'd deliver a better message of what u are selling. because from looking at the site, u cannot tell it is a place to buy candles... and more like a blog spot. aside from your welcome message and the left hand side frame indicating quantity/count, i don't think anyone can tell it's a site to sell candles... or maybe that is what u are trying to communicate?
If you spell it with Ch it is a Thai word and not Lao.

Thai says elephant Chang
Lao says elephant Xang, Sahng or Sang.

Nice work though! :D

Liberty

sarNie Adult
If you spell it with Ch it is a Thai word and not Lao.

Thai says elephant Chang
Lao says elephant Xang, Sahng or Sang.

Nice work though! :D
I didn't want to spell it with an 'X' because it looked Vietnamese and I was thing about spelling it with an 'S' but I wasn't sure if people would know it because no where have I seen it spelled with an 'S' before.

Liberty

sarNie Adult

Yes I'm aware of the lack of content. It's because like I mentioned earlier, it's a 'very rough draft', in other words a work in progress.
I haven't added any products because there are no products to sell yet. I was just testing out the website, the layout and banner.
Currently the project is on hold until further notice.

kliem

sarNie Egg
I didn't want to spell it with an 'X' because it looked Vietnamese and I was thing about spelling it with an 'S' but I wasn't sure if people would know it because no where have I seen it spelled with an 'S' before.
Hi, this is quite a late response but i was reading some of your articles on other sites and totally love them. I'm looking forward to reading your novels and wishing you successes in publishing them. About the "X" vs "Ch", I can probably say that it is known all over the world that LanXang is Lao and there would be no worries for people mistakening it for Vietnamese or Chineses. Just as it is known that the thai word/pronunciation for elephant is ch'ang and not xang. Nonetheless it is definitely your preference. Great work on your writings.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Hi, this is quite a late response but i was reading some of your articles on other sites and totally love them. I'm looking forward to reading your novels and wishing you successes in publishing them. About the "X" vs "Ch", I can probably say that it is known all over the world that LanXang is Lao and there would be no worries for people mistakening it for Vietnamese or Chineses. Just as it is known that the thai word/pronunciation for elephant is ch'ang and not xang. Nonetheless it is definitely your preference. Great work on your writings.
Thanks for the compliment and well wishes. :)

Yeah, I'm still iffy on the spelling myself, I'm considering changing it to 'X' but probably not 'S'.