Lakorns from the 1990s

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Omg my favorite chinese series of all time was the 2000 version of Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber because of Lawrence Ng !! I love him in the Healing Hands too. Oh and also the original Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain with Sunny Chan. I was so into Chinese series in the 90's. memories!

sarN

sarNie Granny
And there was only 2 or 4 tape out each week lollll take months just to finish a series , I watch more Chinese series really , lakorn I watch mostly slap/kiss , revenge plot ect , I love any series w/ chist&fann ^^ favorite onscreen couple , I love "State of Divinity 2000" w/Richie .Then for some odd reason I like Golden Snake sword w/ekin, probably b/c there an rscene in there HAHA

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Ekin Cheng!!!! Ahh like him too.

Speaking of snakes, what was the snake series where the sisters were green snakes?

sarN

sarNie Granny
Chist&Fanny had a series about call " white Snake" love that series too , they play 3 character HAHA the past life lover , next life lover & as their children couple too !! As if we can't have enough of them already ^^

sarN

sarNie Granny
My favorite TVB series is , "General Father, General Son" very old , they remake it recently but the old version is the best , the main guy is so arrogant, stubborn & such a jerk to the main girl. They were almost married 2 x but every time something come up to ruin the wedding, he so hurtful to her , break her heart many time

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Gods of Gamblers!!! I remember wanting to be a professional gambler after that darn series. I even learned how to deal cards at my neighbor's pai gow nights. I think I was like in middle school then. Thank goodness my family smacked some sense into me lol.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
lol...sometimes when I watched a series or lakorn, but when I see how the pra'eks act I don't think I can survive with him cause I probably be in tears due to frustration.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Gods of Gamblers!!! I remember wanting to be a professional gambler after that darn series. I even learned how to deal cards at my neighbor's pai gow nights. I think I was like in middle school then. Thank goodness my family smacked some sense into me lol.
I love watching 90s, early 2000s movies and series about gambling. They always make it so cool! I remember throwing and trying to change cards to different ♠ after watching God of Gambler starring Stephen Chao. Lol

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I don't know any lakorns in the 1990s, only a few in the 2000s & 2010s.

ROCH 95 with Louis & Carmen is the best. Yang Quo & XLN are my favorite wuxia couple & YG is my favorite wuxia man. Zhang Wuji from HS&DS is one confused man in love, well from the version with Lawrence lol. Wu Fei's love story in FFOSM with Sunny was nice, at least he was not confused in love lol.

Anyone watches the 1980s dramas?

One of my favorites is Journey to the West 1986, no other version could replace this version in my heart. I watched it at an early age so every time there were thunderstorms, I thought about the Heavenly people up there pounding their instruments & Dragons creating rain, to these days I still think about these & trying to sing its OST songs, great memories!!!

The next drama I like is Chor Lau Heung with Michael. CLH was my first crush in wuxia but he was replaced after I knew of YG lol. Michael was young, good looking, tall & was charming as CLH, he wore mostly white. Every time CLH appeared, everyone is safe from the evil/bad people...have no fear, CLH is here :loool:.

saobomp

sarNie Adult
i loved chinese sword series/thai lakorns back in the 80s-90s. I dont know the chinese actors/actress names much but i remember their faces. so many good ones airing then. they were long but so worth it. i dont know about now b/c i dont want anymore hehe. 

Ms.Zoe

One thing all of these wuxia heroes have in common is that most of the women in the story fell/have special feelings for them. The first wuxia hero I noticed with this trend was CLH with Michael, he have 3 women following him around plus the princess when the other men could hardly capture heart of one woman lol.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
But most of them simply fell in love because the hero just saved them. It's mostly admiration. But not every one would love the heroine deeply right from the start aside from Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu.

Ms.Zoe

Hehe...I typed admiration but somehow I changed it to special feelings. In wuxia, if I were a man, I would be careful with a woman's feelings or else she may join the women who despise men sect hehehe.