Lakorns from the 1990s

LDi

sarNie Hatchling
Now that I look back the 1990s produced some really...really good lakorns, especially the late 1990s. As much as the movies now are great and all (definintily a larger selection of actresses and actors alot younger....blah..blah), the storyline now just don't hook me as much as the ones before. They were classics.

I mean they weren't ancient like the movies I used to get from my aunt, when Molida (sp?) was starting off and really in the business. Production (sound, set, etc.) were a bit more low scale he..he.. I was too young to be interested then.

Ah the good days. So what were some of your fav. movies from then.

Tawan Thor Saeng (Pete and Kob)
Tarm Hua Jai Pai Sood Lah (Willy and Mew)
Sai Roong (Ann T., Johnny Enfone, Janie T)
Kao Warn Hai Noo Pen Sai-lub (Pete and Mam)
Sai Lo Hit (Num and Kob)
Rak Diaw Kong Jenjira (Joy and Willy)
Saradara (Noosoba and Likit)

So many more...........

tinah

sarNie Coma
theres too many to name..lol..i couldnt keep track..the lakorns back in the days had so many great storylines..you dont see the typical storyline like right now..which is being played constantly but just switching actors/actress..and back then we see alot of different faces all the time not just the same same people..but right now..theres not alot of actress/actor cuz the older generation has retire or gotten married..really sad :( i cant even imagine how the lakorns are going to be like when the younger generation takes over..but yeh..ill list the good lakorns later

saobomp

sarNie Adult
yea ur rite back then they had some good movies with good story lines. i like most of the older actors/actress then. some of them now are pretty good but not yet at the level of those old ones. i'm sure they will get better as they get older.

u remember a movie johnny e with this one girl i forgot her name.it's called see wika. such a romantic movie.

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Yeah this topic pop up a lot...but since it's about oldie...I need answers... :)

question...did anyone watch this old lakorn of Monruedee Yamaipai...she had like shoulder length curly hair and she has like special power or something I think she can move things?...aired on Ch7...cuz I saw like one episode of it at the end of an "erased tape"...lol didn't catch the title... :unsure:

Thanamas89

sarNie Oldmaid
If you guys notice anything..Now adays there just writing any kind of story line just to make a lakorn..And there just throwing anyone in the lakorn without looking to see if this person matches it or not...The main characters just sucks and even the people that isn't important sucks...Now that just explains how bad it is...

MaNang

sarNie Hatchling
You know most of the lakorns now and then are from novels, like Hemmarad (there's a sequel, by the way) Fah Krajang Dao and they stay surprisinly true to the book. Most of the time the book was written first and the lakorn was based on it, and sometimes the book is written afterward. Another famous one is Ban Saithong.
Some other good lakorns from the 1990s, the golden days, are Silamanee, Tawee Pop and Daoprasook.
And don't forget, some of the best versions of the boran lakorns were made then, like Kaew Nah Mah and Bla Boo Tong

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
I know right?!?! better actress and actors!! love the nang rais.. back then they were biiiitchy!! lolz..

t0nz

sarNie Juvenile
Kao Warn Hai Noo Pen Sai-lub (Pete and Mam) that has to be one of the best lakorns that I was very addicted to. I remember it had "supposely" high rating that pete came to be a guest on samakom chomdao and everyone was cheering for pete and mam to be together. man...I LOVE THE 90s.

oh yeah and also..preik kee noo gum moo ham! omg! THAT LAKORN WAS GOOD ALSO!

juicee

sarNie Elites
i never saw mam's and pete's version, i only saw the version before that....it was from the early 90s i think. i was really young, i remember seeing parts of it in thailand, and it was pretty good....

sarN

sarNie Granny
talking about the 90's >>>> NungFah kub Satan !!!! Drama and still manage to make it humorus :lmao: .. Jonny got me crackign so bad ... he just shine ! I forgot the thai tittle of dat one lakorn it was from the 90's too and i uplload it like a year ago sadly i lots all the file now . It star OFF P with some big bone lady ( June, u know girl ! ) It about P"k and his wife dat live on dis island and they have 1 daugther. Anywho , P"k took his wife on a vacation in BAngkok lol.. funnie anywho she was trick to sleep with dis Pimp dude but later on his wife love the light and money of Bangkok and den p'k brust them in bed the pimp guy got ppl to beat him up and run off wiht his wife ! Anywho , P'k was so sad returning home and his daughter keep crying asking where mom at and later on P"K go kidnap the NK cuz she look like his wife LOL>>> he like torture her and chain her and drag her all over the island .. omg he punch her kick her OMG ... talking about phycial abuse and den rape her OMG >>> P"K was dirtly looking at the time .. scary "R" scene !! She wasn't his wife and she keep on saying dat but he refuse to believe and abuse her .. so saddd ssadd he keep telling her to stop lying and just behave like a wife and mother ..after a while N"K give up on trying to convince him .. i would too cuz the Pk keeping shouting and hiting her when she say she not his wife . So , she decided to be part of PK family and they live together :sweat:

tinah

sarNie Coma
the 90's..hmm..so many good lakorns..ill name some..i know i probaly missed alot..cuz theres too much..they're mostly anne's lakorn..

Tarm Hua Jai Pai Sood Lah-Willy/Mew
Manee Yard Fah-Anne/Willy
Samee Tee Tra-Ann/Au
Rang Ngao-Anne/Ken
Rak Diaw Kong Jenjira-Willy/Joy
Samee-Joy/Pol
Jao Sao Prissana-Anne/chatchai
Roy Alai-Anne/Jackrit
Roy Marn-pok/bee
Ban Sai Thong-num/joy
sai lo hit-num/kob
Sai See Plerng-mew/willy
Pun Tai Norasing-Aom/tui
Dok Kaew Koraboning-Mam/Au
Fai Laong-willy/tao

many more

navy

sarNie Adult
Mine are:

Prasad Murd Willy/Mew
Forgot the name = Willy/Jintara in Canada??
Tarm Hua Jai Pai Sood Lah-Willy/Mew
Fai Lung Willy/Tao (Really love this one)
Samee Tee Tra-Ann/Au
Dream to Reality? Willy/Ann
Samee-Joy/Pol (Love this lots too)
Luk Mai Klaiton of Andrew/Kob
Sai See Plerng-mew/willy
Pun Tai Norasing-Aom/tui
Don't know the names..Tang and Mam 2 lakorns

and a few more...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I don't know if this lakorn was from the 1990's...

but.. Ann sirium and Sam.. star in this one.. where Ann had
a twin.. one was good and one was bad.. i like that one..
~> we need a re-make.. :) on this one..

iheartchakrit

sarNie Juvenile
navy said:
Mine are:

Forgot the name = Willy/Jintara in Canada??

[post="106676"][/post]​
It's Meun Kohn La Phark Pha..LOVE this lakorn!

Yarm Meur Lome Pat Hown- Jay/Mew
Kleun Cheewit- Johnny/Jariya
Mai Sin Rai Fai Sawat- Chatchai/Junjira
Fai Lung- Willy/Tao
Samee-Joy/Pol
Luk Mai Klaiton of Andrew/Kob
Roy Alai-Anne/Jackrit
Arunsawad- Num/ forgot the N'ek's name but she died in a car accident
Kha Kong Kohn- Nusaba/Sunthisook
Swan Bieng- Sam/Monrudee
Tawee Pope- Sirium/Saranyu
La Ong Dao- Sirium/forgot the dude's name
Kuhn Ying Jom Kaen- Kat English/Pramote
Neung Nai Suang- Pete/ Kwan Ruedee

tinah

sarNie Coma
Mai Sin Rai Fai Sawat with chatchai and jintara..is that the lakorn when chatchai rape jintara?..and he locked her in the room..something like that..i think he was her husband..she didnt like him at first but then she fell in love with him later on..is that the lakorn?

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Mai Sin Rai with Chatchai I remember it. Chatchai wanted revenge so he forced n'ek to be his mistress for a year or so. I remember her being a drunk and that she wouldn't stop drinking even when she was pregnant. She really hated him until towards the end.

tinah

sarNie Coma
omg..i think thats the lakorn i wanted..i didnt remember the name of the lakorn..i think this might be the one..cuz i remember jintara hated chatchai..i wonder if anyone has this lakorn..its so old..i dont think anyone would have it :(

sarN

sarNie Granny
o' dat lakorn....it have and "R" / "will" .... :wub: it not dat old only like 10 - 12 years ppl still have them ;) . The story is like dis .. Chatchai 's dad kill himself cuz he lost everything to Jintara's dad in gambling . Well , some years later Chatchai does the same time to Jintara's dad and he also kill himself . Leaving dis huge debit he lost in gambling to his daughter dat recently come back from USA . Chatchai break deal with the N"k dat if she live him as a mistress for 2 year he will give back her father house , so she agreed....yeah revenge is sweet :lmao: . Yes , she like to drink cuz P'k dont like drunk girls so she does dat to turn him off .. well , she was wrong lol. Chatchai have a girlfriend they later on marry but she is sick. They all live in the same house Chatchai , the wife and the mistress ! A couple cat fight and Chatchai sneaking around in the house to the N"K bed room ...funnie scene cuz his mother - in - law caught him :loool: . Drama ...N"k really hate him .. later on she got pregrant .. she try to kill the baby in her stomach (nasty way to do it too ! i don't want to freaks ya girls out ) ...Chatchai feel bad .. he want to make it up to her and want to start over with her but she hate him ..and she want to shoot him with a gun and he is willing ...she was goin doin it but break down ...sad.. :wavecry: .. don't worry it a happy ending :wub:

cikna

sarNie Adult
I kind of agree with many of you. I started watching thai lakorns in the middle 90's, without no knowledge whatsoever about thai language and culture. But then, slowly, i managed to pick up words and learnt that many things in thai culture are similar to malay culture. for example, in the past and perhaps in the present, we eat with our hands. our main dish is rice. old for husband in thai is "suwami" which is the is the same word in modern malay. here in malaysia we have "pesta air" which almost similar to the activities people do during songkran festival. arranged marriage sometimes. all these i learnt through the years i'm watching thai lakorns eps. lakorns in the 90's. and personally, ever since thai dramas began to reach malaysian shores, some malay dramas have certain similarities to thai lakorns plot or storyline. go figure!!

mooshoo

sarNie Egg
In regards to the lakorn with Chatchai...I think the N'ek's real name is Janejira...not Jintara (at first, I thought you were talking about Jintara, Suntisook's ex). But I agree...that lakorn was good. I really liked the song too.