Korean,Taiwnese/Chinese, Japanese Series into Lakorn Remake

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I noticed that a few Taiwanese and Korean Series that are being remade into Lakorns, which would you like to see remade? By what channel? Who do you want to star in it? I thought it would be interesting to see what others like and such. 

Here is my list that I can think of at the top of my head

It Started With a Kiss / Playful Kiss / Mischievous Kiss: Love in Tokyo (I [prefer to see It Started with a Kiss remade cause more details!) 
Channel 3
Pra'ek - Grate Warintorn or Nadech 
Nang'ek - Prim Prima or Ice Ameena

Hani Kimi or To The Beautiful You (I prefer to see the To The Beautiful You version though cause there is a conclusion at the end lol)
Channel 5
Pra'ek - Dj PUSH (Omg please!) 
Nang'ek - Vill or Mo 

Devil Beside You (I know this series kinda sucked, but for some reason I was so hooked?)
Channel 3
Pra'ek - Phet or Lek Teeradetch 
Nang'ek - (To be decided) 

Why Why Love (I know another Mike He, but I really liked this even if the characters weren't much different then DBY)
Channel 7
Pra'ek: New Wongsakorn or Michael
Nang'ek: Mai Davika or Min P or Bow 

Lie to Me 
Channel 5
Pra'ek: Nike or Pong
Nang'ek: Lilly or Jui 

Can't forget my all time favorite................

My Lovely Kim Sam Soon! 
Channel 3
Pra'ek: Pope T or Grate W
Nang'ek: (This is hard because nang'ek has to be average looking and chubby and older than pra'ek =/) 

Edit 

Princess Hours - 
To be decided! 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Smile You- Om/Pancake

Queen In Hyun's Man- This is difficult because it will require Thai historical fact and I am not sure where it will fit in Thai history. I haven't seen a Thai historical theme movie or lakorn that protray scholars especially one like Kim Boong Do.

Autumn's Concerto- Nadech/Chalida

In A Good Way- Mike/Aom S

The Prince Who Turn Into a Frog- Toomtam/Mo

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I usually don't like watching lakorns adapted from other asian dramas, but If I really have to choose, I would choose Fated To Love You. I love, love this Taiwanese drama. I didn't even finish the korean version, but I heard good reviews about it. I like Autumn's Concerto too! I'm going to be bias so I'm going to choose my Bie and Noona. 555 I have a lot of Koo jins that I adore, so it's hard to choose too. lol If not, I will say Thanwa and Tubtim since I totally adore the two together. :D

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
@KNWJ, Love this post! Thanks for starting it :)
Your list of suggestions are awesome. Esp. Why Why Love w/ Bowchael <3

@fun, If QIHM is ever remade into a lakorn they better have the real steamy kisses! QIHM had one of the best onscreen chemistry between the leads, that I've seen. (there are others of course) Om/Pan would actually be great candidates for this. or even Om/Kwan.

I want to see, "Lovers" remade as a lakorn. P'ek was a gangster but fell in love with the woman that lived next door to his baby mama. (she didn't actually have a kid) It's one of my absolute fav. kdramas. Ch. 3 Nadech & Ploy or any other n'ek who's slightly older. Ch.7 Tui & Jakajan.

Scent of A Woman, is also a favorite and it would be interesting to see a thai lakorn remake. Ch.3 Pope & Chompoo or Jui. Ch.7 Weir & Jakajan.

I'm not too familiar with ch. 5 newbies... =P

Falada

sarNie Adult
KhoOnxNouxWanxJai said:
No these are just some that we want to see, but they have a few lined up to remake such as A Love to Kill, Sorry I love you, and Boys over flower. 

Thank you for clarifying. 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I have a lot of dramas that I wouldn't mind getting a Thai remake of hehehe.... but then I begin wondering if I would really want to see a remake.. :p

Sweet_09

❤All that you are is all that I'll ever need❤
fun said:

The Prince Who Turn Into A Frog was a remake of Save The Last Dance For Me....but i got to said that the korean version was way better. To me the Taiwanese version was a joke! I wouldn't  mind to see if they used the korean version story line then the Taiwanese....just my opinion.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
aikoden said:
I have a lot of dramas that I wouldn't mind getting a Thai remake of hehehe.... but then I begin wondering if I would really want to see a remake.. :p

I was thinking this too.
No offense but Thai remakes wouldn't be as good.
And I know they would try to add things to it, like annoying n'rais and stuff lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
The Frog Prince was not a remake of Save the Last Dance lol They are completely different. The Taiwanese usually does a good job if they remake any remake lol Now if we are talking about the Koreans, I don't think they understand what a remake is although I have to say Fated To Love You was probably their best as they didn't make or alter much from the original.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Two versions I don't think anyone could top is It Started with A Kiss (Even if this was a remake itself) and Kim Sam Soon

Ariel Lin was just the perfect main lead. 

As for Sam Soon I mean...Kim Sun-Ah was just too brilliant to duplicate 

I think I have a hinkering for watching Kim Sam Soon again =/ 

Falada

sarNie Adult
Autumn's Concerto- Gypsy & Singto / Yaya & Nadech
Bride of the Century- Sara & Tah
Her Legend- Pang & Son
The Moon Embracing the Sun- Yaya & Nadech
Emergency Couple- MintC. & Mint
Loving, Never Forget- View & Toomtam
Le Jun Kai- Koy & Film/ Nychaa & Bank / Ann & Ken 
Fated to Love You- Fang & Bie / Punch & James
Nice Guy- Aim & Tono
You're Beautiful- Toey & Ken
Boys Before/Over Flower- Margie & Boy 
Itzura Na Kiss- Paan & Kangsom

ChloeRanida579

sarNie Hatchling
Autumn Concerto - Kwan and Tui!!! I can totally see Tui in the role of Ren Guang Xi! So sexy and aggresive and posessive xD

Loving, Never Forgetting - Nadech/Yaya or Kwan and Tui LOOL

Birth of a Beauty - Om and Kwan

Secret Garden - ToomVill

Mask - James and Bella

I would probably die of happinesssss hhahaha

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
fun said:
OMG. TooMo are so perfect for The Prince Who Turns Into A Frog!!! How come I never thought of that?! :facepalm: Except, if they're going to make a lakorn version of it, I want it to be more of a drama/slap-kiss!

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
If they made Autumn's Concerto into a lakorn, Nadech and Mai would be perfect.

Edit: Coincidentally, I found a picture of Nadech and Mai from a photoshoot they did together. The picture on the right is of the leads from the Taiwanese version (Vanness and Ady).

But if Nadech and Mai aren't able to collaborate, Thunwa and Mai would be the next most suitable. (And if I'm being biased, I'd love to see Toomtam and Mo or Mario/Nadech and Kim. :coverlaf:)

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Boys Over Flowers:

If I'm being biased - Push and Mo
If I'm being realistic - Push and Kao are the most suitable