Khmer tattoos

ahveejah

sarNie Egg
hey i was wondering if you know anybody who knows how to write in "ahsow buhleh". my mom told me that is the type of writing that the monks use. we have this "youn" for protection and the writing on it was done by a "kru" and i really like how it looks. i am thinking of getting one on my back but i have no idea how to read and write khmer. the tattoo parlor down the street can do it for me but he needs something visual to work off of. i'm scared to get it done with a "kru" because my mom said that there's always some type of magic involved. maybe one of you guys can help me find out how to write "destiny" i think the word is "veasna" in khmer right? anyways, thanks in advance

yak

sarNie Adult
yah it can be veasna or brom neh khat... i think thats how u spell it... i think itz better off for u to go see a monk instead if a kru... because something their buhleh be too strong that it can mess u up.. or even go stupid... im sorry, but thats what i heard from other... gotta be real careful seeing a kru about this... i hope im not scaring you.... lol... but i think u should really see a monk or should i say a lok...

Samontha

sarNie Hatchling
Well let's see here. No offense, but I don't think you should get it at all. Because, well... you're right.. it has to be done by "Kru" or a monk... but the catch is.. you have to be a disciple of theirs in order to get one. You can't just ask them for it and expect them to give it to you. There's a reason why they're the only ones who knows the language and it's not an ordinary language at that.. it's for protection. I mean I want one too.. not that I can have one.. for two reasons.. ONE: Parents don't like tattoos on me.. TWO: Which is the latter I just mentioned. It may not be impossible because I can't prove it to be. I mean you can try, but I wouldn't suggest it. However, you can try "Ah Soh Chlak" or just normal Cambodian letters. Nowadays they can make the fonts look like anything. Look on the DVD covers, some of the letters look pretty cool. Regular Cambodian letters look nice too. Check this out.. I drew it.. it's my name in Cambodian surrounded by a Cambodian dragon, the animal of my birth year.

P.S.
"Veasna" does mean "Destiny" but "Prohm Lee Khet" goes more towards "Fate".