Khmer Star news

jennisa

sarNie Hatchling
hey guys, I just don't understand. Veth Rathana's mom mention that she is already become U.S. citizen. How is that possible. I thought you have to be a least be a U.S. permenent resident for 5 years before you can become u.S citizen and you must pass the u.s history test. does anybody is this true? or maybe ther mom doesn't know about the law and system in U.S. I belived she only has green card buy not u.s citizen.
If she come back to act, it would be great. I miss her acting.

Milkjuice

sarNie Hatchling
hey guys, I just don't understand. Veth Rathana's mom mention that she is already become U.S. citizen. How is that possible. I thought you have to be a least be a U.S. permenent resident for 5 years before you can become u.S citizen and you must pass the u.s history test. does anybody is this true? or maybe ther mom doesn't know about the law and system in U.S. I belived she only has green card buy not u.s citizen.
If she come back to act, it would be great. I miss her acting.

Yes, u do have to live in US at least 5 years to become i citizen. I know that b/c i just passed my citizen test last month. :p lolzz I believe that her mom doesn't know about the law. :mellow:

jennisa

sarNie Hatchling

The vanity of a rank, Meng Keo Pechta: Address me by my rank (as Lok Chumteav)
Singer Meng Keo Pechta: Officially you must call me by my rank

Friday, October 5, 2007
Rasmei Kampuchea newspaper
Translated from Khmer by Heng Soy

Singer Meng Keo Pechta (Pechta) said: “Under normal circumstances, people can call me Miss, or Sister Meng Keo pechta, but officially, I must be addressed by my rank.�

Pechta’s declaration was made during the “Entertainment Evening� program on CTN TV station, where she was a guest star on 22 September. After each song she completed, Khieu Sansana and Pho Sopha, the presenters, would ask her a question, and among those questions, the presenters asked Pechta: “How should I address you? Bang (Sister) Meng Keo Pechta or Neak Neang (Miss) Meng Keo Pechta?�

Pechta replied: “Under normal circumstances, people can call me Miss or Sister Meng Keo Pechta, I don’t mind, but officially, I must be addressed by my rank.� The star, who already has one child, explained with an example case: “I don’t mind people call me Sister or Miss, this is no different from addressing a monk. For monks, when old people talk to them, they say “I� (Kh-nhom), and they designate a monk as “him� (Koat), and the monks wouldn’t mind about it.

Based on Pechta’s claim, we understand that officially people must call her “Lok Chumteav Meng Keo Pechta� (Wife of an excellency Meng Keo Pechta) because her husband is Muong Khim and he holds the title of “Ek-ouddam� (His Excellency).

In another question, the presenter asked Pechta why she was not seen in any TV music program. Pechta replied: “Recently, I was on tour in Australia for 5 weeks, and when I returned home, I was too busy recording for local and overseas production companies. That is why I didn’t have time to participate in TV stations music programs.�

Credit to original translation

russe

sarNie Adult
thanks for the translation on Meng Keo Pichenda...:)

by the way, does anyone know if meng keo pichenda knows thai? years ago, she appeared on a thai talkshow...
yeah, she did appeared on a thai talks how. Sayrannu (actor from Wanida) interviewed her. I think I still have the video tape somewhere. I heard a lot of khmer people got tired of her singing too many thai songs back then so she stopped.

andychea18

sarNie Egg
This article is a report about Doung Soryda? Wasn’t sure if I read her name right.

Doung Soryda? was born in the year of pig. This year, she is turning 24 years old. Starting this year, Ryda has lots of men who want to engage her one after another one. Her job is also in good position. She is also got pick to be a lead actress.
According to the source from her family states that Ryda has denies a man from Australia who want to engage her recently. What are the reasons that made her denied this man?

Everyday life, Ryda has a TV show, filming a karaoke including a company inside and outside of the country. These companies include Reasmey Hang Meas etc. thru a famous song such as “Lolokgichmoul�, “Lolaam�, and Bopha prai aerng.� She gets to play with famous singer Preah Sovat. The TV show that most viewers get attract to her is in the show called NOKIA that shows every Sunday thru CTN. Because of her gentle voice and with humor had made people like her. Especially for the bachelor that lives through out the city have asks her for a phone number and ask for love from her. Even men outside of the country also fall for her gentle voice as well.

Recently, there is one Khmer guy from Australia who loves Ryda. He had asked elderly to engage Rida from her family. This man is so hopeful because he had been having a conversation with Rida for almost a year now. But he was turn down by Ryda because she had denied his love toward her. She speaks only one word which is “sorry�.

Even though Ryda had denied the man from Australia but this same man still continue to ask her for love. Until today, they still having a phone conversation. This man hopes that one day she will pity him and will accept his true love.
In the past, guys had been ask Ryda for love through phone while she is having a concert or go to shopping. People always see her talking on the phone with laughing but did not know who she is talking to. But a friend of Ryda knew that a person on the phone was her boyfriend because they use sweet words talking to each other. When one of her friend asks her “who are you talking to?� Ryda answers back “it's nobody, it just a friend.� According to her friend states the reason that Ryda denied the man from Australia was because there are too many guys for her to choose.

Ryda does not really clarify the relationship with guys, she just said “if it a destiny we will meet and if I have a good news I will tell everyone�. Even though this beautiful lady does not admit, but through her face and answer show that she does has a special person in her heart. She just does not want to tell the truth. She states that all guys who like to phone her and ask for love are turn down by she is not pick up the phone and by telling straight from her mouth. As time past, those guys will stop phone her by themselves.
Soryda said� I now feel relieved because no one call to bother me like before�. Because of beauty, guys like you just like that, Ryda please don’t be so greedy!

About her job in the entertainment world, since she started to play movie, she does not get an opportunity to be a leading role yet. She used to be a supporting role in the movie called “So Ni Ta�, Neang Macha etc. But for this year, she got pick to be a leading actress in the movie called “Phoum Sneah Cherng Prai� for the BAYON tv. At this time, the film was done about 60% and the movie will show after “Sneah Arlai Oun� which play by Mr. Sok Sophear and the Keo Pisey.

In the movie ““Phoum Sneah Cherng Prai� Rida is a lead actress. Her character name is “Ryda� which she has the same name as in real life. After becoming a lead actress, Rida states “This is my first time that I have an opportunity become a lead actress, I feel so grateful. I never think that the director chose me. The people will support this movie because the story line is good which includes comedy, love, status between rich and poor etc. If you want to know more, you have to followed up�.
Ryda is not only an actor but she is also a host for a TV show. Everyday she is a host for a show such as NOKIA, Yamaha Super Concert, celebrity in celebrity, and Lady corner etc. Ryda is also student that major in Management in BBU.
Starting this new year, Ryda is 24 years old. She was born in the year of pig. According to the Chinese Horoscope predict that if an individual who pick a partner born in the year of cow is perfect. About a man from Australia was born in the year of cow. When will Ryda receive the love from this man? Ryda answer back with a happy face said “Thank you� she will never forget about marriage but right now she just cannot tell.

done

I really like her. She reminds me of this one Thai star that i really like. She's adorable. :]

2morostar

sarNie Egg
Regarding Meng Pichenda knowing thai, YES she can sing in thai. In the early 90s, she came to Australia and met a guy who family is half Thai and they encourage her to sing in Thai but she doesn't speak Thai fluently. She mainly sings Poumpong Doungjan songs. She also appeared on the Thai Concert Show "Vetee Thai" a few times. She has released one album in Thai but mostly singing Poumpong Doungjan songs. It wasn't so popular hence she stopped singing in Thai. Personally I enjoy her singing the khmer traditional style (mostly wedding songs) that she was first famous for. Over the years, I think she changed her style too much because of the demanding market. Not a bad person in reality but as always, with a SUPERSTAR status, there is some attitude that comes with it. Not suprising to hear about that ADDRESSING her by her STATUS topic!!

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling
thanks for the translation on Meng Keo Pichenda...:)

by the way, does anyone know if meng keo pichenda knows thai? years ago, she appeared on a thai talkshow...
really? does anyone have a clip? i wanna see!

btw, thanks jennisa for translating. i wished i knew how to read khmer, so i can help you!