Khmer original modern songs

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I really like this guy's style of music! He's getting better each time.
Cr:OUN
Their live version is pretty good

Last edited:

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
I like Oun's style of music. The way he incorperated the oldies song into the track was pretty neat. Thanks for sharing dear! Here's one of MSS's newest songs, the OST to Tirk Chet Madaiy Thmey, composed by Yean Kimsan. The melody is really nice but.. why is he incorperating Chinese instruments in here? This is a movie that is specifically geared towards women within the Cambodian culture so it would make more sense to compose something that sounds Khmer and not Chinese. Kimsan always does really well whenever he composes something Khmer-like, ex. Krovan Siem Reap (Rock Production).

Cr. Karaoke Movies HD Khmer 2017

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@patesserie, you're welcome sweetie. Oh Meas Soksopear new song sound good. Yeah I notice some of the new songs, they like to add Chinese instrument in there. Maybe they were trying to convey sadness into the music. They should of added throl in instead. The actors in the MV looks nice. I would watch it if it's good. The male actor look like Nattararaht Maurice(Thai actor)
I don't like the title though. Why do Khmer always like title their movies/series "Nek Mean Kon" a lot? I don't like a lot of their titles.

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
Khmer titles are so cliche lol. I would assume that Yean Kimsan knows that today's generation is really into Chinese music so this is his way of ensuring that the song will gain popularity. They're casting a lot of of the popular older generation and younger generation actors in this remake. They got Ompor Tevi, Sim Solika, Sway Socheata and a few others and then Duch Lida, Sok Somavatey for the younger people. I'm familiar with everyone's acting except for Duch Lida so I can't judge but people seem to really like her. They dubb her as the Khmer version of Aum Patchrapa haha. She went to do an interview on Ch7 when her movie Sbek Kong was premiering in Thailand and I like the way she presents herself. She came off sweet and well spoken. Isn't that the guy the one who acted in that PNN series with Mak Sen Sonita, that clip you showed me before? I think it's him. He's probably the most decent looking Khmer actor I've seen in a long time.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
This is more like it... Cambodian New Year song, not that crazy beksloy music. That kinda of music is so annoying.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I don't mind a remixed like this, but that baksloy music that's trending gotta to go.
Cr:Van Chesda Official YT

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Yes, I agreed. They're pretty good. I'm glad to see a lot of originality popping up in the Khmer music world.