Khmer original modern songs

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
This kid can sing! I'm beginning to like his voice. Saw him on "I am a singer Cambodia" which he sang pretty good live.
Here's an original song from him.

Last edited:

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Artist: Kan Pich

Last edited:

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
The meaning in this song sounds like an obsess pe'ek. I love it! Lol
"I won't let you go, come back now.
You have no rights to refuse, no rights to explain.
Come back now, I bagged you"

Last edited:

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
Oun Kmean Sith Tov Jaol Bong Te is not an original song na, it's a Chinese song (走樣 by Phil Chang). Pichenda sang a version in 2002 for RHM called Khork Chet Prous Internet. Most of his recordings with Phleng/RHM are copied from China or Thai. It's only outside of the production where he writes his own songs (Koun Pross, Tous Bong Jak Jenh Kor Nov Snaeh, Srolanh Oun Lers Jivet etc. ) He does have a great voice though. The minute I saw him a few years ago singing at a club in Phnom Penh, before he signed with Phleng Records, I knew this boy had the potential to go far. He has the versatility to sing both olides and modern. At this point, what he really needs is a good vocal instructor who can help him expand his singing technique and teach him how to project his voice properly. He needs to break away from his typical falsetto and work towards different methods of singing. He also needs to learn more oldies songs so he has more "eurn" and better breathing control. If you can sing bott pi derm, you have the ability to sing pretty much any genre. Anyways, I think my fav "original" song so far is Bon Phoum from Kmeng Khmer. It's really catchy.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Thank you @patesserie for the clarification. I just started back listening to Khmer music and found some catchy original ones, but there are still a lot of copied ones out there that I haven't heard or know of so would think it's original if they didn't say it. Yes, I agreed with you he does need more coaching with his vocals and will go far with his talents. The guy can sing and play different instruments! I hope he continue to write more original songs.
Alright, I'll take down the unoriginal song out.

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
No problem at all! I sincerely hope you were not offended by my comment na and I don't want to make you feel the need to take out the song. Many ppl get confused because Virakseth is known to be a young singer/composer so it is automatically assumed that all his songs are original. I appreciate him branching out from the company and making the effort to compose his own songs. Not all original songs are good. IMHO lol but I find that a lot of his works are really nice. He is quite the standout from this generation. Not only does he have a good voice but he has a great personality to go along with his talent. He's very humble and down to earth, a rare quality amongst many singers in Cambodia. I hope he continues to diverse his abilities and maintain his cute personality for a long long time.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@patesserie, I am not offended at all. Thank you for replying back. There's not that many Khmer people that's interested in Khmer music in this forum. I know he's cover a lot of others music when he first started off. I just got interested in Virakseth when I saw his performance in "I am a singer Cambodia" and started watching some of his interviews on YT. In one of the video, he mentioned that his idol is Preap Sovath which he does remind me of Mr. Preap when he just started out. I do agreed that some of the original are not good. Some of the young/new singers sings like they are foreigners. They don't pronounce the words clearly. I'm a little obsess with Virakseth through his interviews and songs. Lol

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
@patesserie, I am not offended at all. Thank you for replying back. There's not that many Khmer people that's interested in Khmer music in this forum. I know he's cover a lot of others music when he first started off. I just got interested in Virakseth when I saw his performance in "I am a singer Cambodia" and started watching some of his interviews on YT. In one of the video, he mentioned that his idol is Preap Sovath which he does remind me of Mr. Preap when he just started out. I do agreed that some of the original are not good. Some of the young/new singers sings like they are foreigners. They don't pronounce the words clearly. I'm a little obsess with Virakseth through his interviews and songs. Lol
Np at all! Sorry i never got the chance to respond until now. Yeah there's not that many Khmer people who are into Khmer music which is kind of a bummer. Anyways, the Virakseth craze is coming strong. All my aunts have been telling my mom how obsessed they are with him after watching him on I am Singer haha.

Last edited:

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling

Cr. Grand Record HD

I'm not familar with A HAI but I recently got a few requests to perform this song and learned that is an original work. Kudos to her! She has a unique voice and the melody is nice.