Khmer new city in koh Pich!!

menia

This is khmer new city in the future. I think they called " satellite city". The project will be finish in 2015. I heard the budget is $60 and $70 milllion will go to infrasturctures included second Preah Monivong bridge, $200 million will go to building.
They also build 222 meter tower..from the tower we can see the entire Phnom Penh. In case u don't know, the old land opposite from graphic pix is Phnom Penh city and new graphic pix is new city.

this pix is from kohsantepheap daily news:

kohsantepheapdaily.com

geenie

sarNie Egg
I hope this is true because I've been waiting for Cambodia to improve ever since I can remember. If the economy can progress like Thailand and Singapore then I would be extremely happy. :lmao:

none3

sarNie Hatchling
It's great with all new buildings and all but what I really want is for them to build more roads. maybe even highways; that way we can travel to places quicker. to some areas, you have to travel almost half a day and it's so bumpy...we need more roads!!! :(

Sawina

sarNie Hatchling
kool i think if they built a new city it'lkl gve mor job to th people that really need jobs becas in cambodia theres not alot of places for job that pays alot only in phnm pnh... thats good and hope thy have schools too so they can go to school.

menia

Koh Pich, they will construct culturial and tourism areas, a hospital, a shopping mall, villas, flats, hotels, schools, and offices. I would say Khmer will not do this alone, but foreginers business people are into investing in Cambodia. There are alot of places they will improve...Russian will go into cambodia and invest in area of koh Rong as well. This is a sign of jobs are coming in for Khmer people.

PHNOM PENH, 01/19 - A Russian investor wants to invest in a Cambodian island off the coast of Sihanoukville to make it special economic zones, local media reported on Thursday.

Konstantin Kagalovsky met with Prime Minister Hun Sen at the premier`s home on Tuesday and talked about plans to invest in an island off the coast of Sihanoukville.

He has traveled to Cambodia five times over the past year to study the investment possibilities on Koh Rong island, including tourism sites and manufacturing electronic equipment and pharmaceuticals, premier`s advisor Ieng Sophalet was quoted by The Cambodian Press Review as saying.

Kagalovsky has been to many Asian countries and the United States to study investment opportunities in special economic zones.

Hun Sen expressed support for the plan and referred the Russian investor to Sok Chenda, secretary-general of the Council for the Development of Cambodia, for support in drafting a plan.
sources: http://www.angolapress-angop.ao/noticia-e.asp?ID=409276

It's good news for Khmer people, but I feel kinda weire becasue alot of this improving are belong to foreginers...so, there will be alot of people losing their land...without getting any money from their property. Those high power people just took their land and sell it. There one case that happen in Poipet, forcing 218 families to move out, but they refused army and police come into action. Five civilians were shot to death by the police. I know rich ppl in cambodia make alot of money right now by selling land. My mom friend go to cambodia and did buy many land..so he rich now. he did own land in Koh Pich and Koh Rong and many more. I'm jealous now :lol:

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
my family owns land in Battambang and when we bought it then it was very cheap...cuz no one wanted it and we have a house there as well...but now the land is so expensive...we use our house only for when we go and visit there and our family comes once a while to clean and take care of it...but now so many people want to buy that land from us...they can't take it from us since we bought it fair and square and we're US citizens....

Nameless

N i n j a
Actually when I was there, I noticed that Cambodia has improved quite a bit, I'm not surprised that they're deciding to change.

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
THis is so awesome to hear! I'm so excited. Hopefully everything will soon work out for our country.

Yes, Cambodia has improved alot already. My friend's father just came to America about three years ago and went back to visit three months ago, and he said only three years and the country changed so much for him already!

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
yes they gonna spent all that money on a city when they could use it for better improvbement like helping the ppl out welfare etc...

i agree genie...it's time for cambodia to advance like the other surrounding countries...

cambodia's been really held back due to the past, but now it's great that it's moving forward...i don't really mind that a russian's helping develope it, maybe that's what the country needs...outside influence...

it's right that's a good new but it still be a project...we have to waut and watch in the future...because lot of people want to invest in cambodia...but it still have a lot of corruption.....i heard this project long time ago and i see that it still on talking..... :sweat: just let the time do his work and see in the future what happen....