Khmer Food

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
Hello all,

I've been cooking lots of Traditional (Classic) Khmer Food lately, I've also put up the recipe as well as a video tutorial together. If you are interest in them, you can check out my site/blog or youtube Channel for more.

So far, here are some of Khmer dishes I made
Grilled Beef with Tuk Pahok | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Lx6RqLW0g

Papaya Salad with Salty Crab | Recipe

Tuk Kroeung Khmer | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5dkZ8_FLOQ

updated 6/10/09
Pahok Ktiss Recipe + Tutorial

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling
hey khatiya, this is akinoyume from youtube! i commented on the son-in-law eggs vdo (about the palm sugar) yesterday. lol. and i made it today! my parents loved it! =) thanks for sharing the recipes w/ us. ^.^

solin

sarNie Adult
I love khmer food : It's so delicious. Seeing all this pictures makes me want to go to Cambodia only for eating lol.

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
hey khatiya, this is akinoyume from youtube! i commented on the son-in-law eggs vdo (about the palm sugar) yesterday. lol. and i made it today! my parents loved it! =) thanks for sharing the recipes w/ us. ^.^
awww how sweet of you to make it for your parent :) I bet they are proud, good or not it's the effort but since you said they liked it, that's even a bonus. I hope my tutorial encourage you to try out some other new dishes. Then when you have have something new, please share it with us.

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
I love khmer food : It's so delicious. Seeing all this pictures makes me want to go to Cambodia only for eating lol.

It might be a hassle just to fly and go eat, why not try making them at home? I enjoy cooking, but I just hate the cleaning part eheheh

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
you seem to be a very good cooker khatiya! all your dishes look yummy

Thanks Sajenna for the compliment. First impression is very important cuz it at least get the person to take a bite, but since these are pix, the only way to find out the taste is if you make it yourself. If you so, let me know how it turned out ok?

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
i use to make "tuk kreung khmer" but i don't add peanuts to my dad who loves it.
You know what, this was my very FIRST TIME adding the peanuts. I did not thought about it either until someone mentioned that they put it in their Tuk Kroeung so I figure, what the heck, doesn't hurt to try. To my surprised I actually liked my Tuk Kroeung with peanut. It give it this added crunch :)