kev hlub nyob qhov twg

hliyaj

sarNie Egg
There's another Hmong movie I liked. Forgot what it's called but I think it's called "Tsis Tsim Nyog." Thei girls name is Sua and the guy's name is Xyoob/Soob. I remember one seen they were in the mountainous snow, making snow cones.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
hliyaj said:
There's another Hmong movie I liked. Forgot what it's called but I think it's called "Tsis Tsim Nyog." Thei girls name is Sua and the guy's name is Xyoob/Soob. I remember one seen they were in the mountainous snow, making snow cones.
[post="158091"][/post]​
I remember that one..."Tsis Tsim Nyog Ua Neej"...Two parts...my stupid distant cousins borrowed it and I never got it back...although those idiots claimed they don't have it...I know they freaking like that movie cause they always borrow it, then one day, they just decided they'll keep it...haha...those losers!!!

But I'll have to agree that Hmong American movies back in the days are soooooo much better than today's...let's see...

"Neeg Lub Neej"...or Tub Tuam & Nkauj Ntsum...this one was great...they had great locations and the acting was ok...my favorite part would have to be the part when he saw her singing at a bar...A HMONG BAR!!! haha...and they had voltage playing instruments in the back too...

"Kev Hlub nyob qhov twg"...kinda long but I thought it was good...good story though...beside, I thought Tswv Yis was HOT at that time...haha...

"Vaj Yim Leej"...don't know if anyone remember, but it's a war movie...I think it was one of the best hmong war movies I've ever seen...but then they just had to come out with part 2 and screwed it up for me...part one was magnificently done though...plus, they added this very nice song too...

Don't know the name but I'm sure is "Nkauj Ntsuag Lub Neej" or something like that...starring Cua Yaj (singer)...she CAN act!!! Loved the love story between her and the main guy...

This other one starring the guy that played Tub Tuam in "Neeg Lub Neej" and the girl (I'm sure of) from "Vaj Yim Leej"...basically in this movie, she already has a boyfriend, Koob Meej (I think), but then her uncles came and married her to their son...their son didn't like her at first and he was a jerk...he didn't treat her very well...then they were at some formal party (they played Maly's song and this very very very nice song!!!) and he was dancing with some girl so she got sad and left...her ex-bf chased after her to make sure she was ok and the ex and husband got into a fight...then after he started treating her better...anyone remember???

I'm sure there's more...but that's it for now...man, I wrote a lot!!!

Fearless

sarNie Adult
ceda_lee said:
I remember that one..."Tsis Tsim Nyog Ua Neej"...Two parts...my stupid distant cousins borrowed it and I never got it back...although those idiots claimed they don't have it...I know they freaking like that movie cause they always borrow it, then one day, they just decided they'll keep it...haha...those losers!!!

But I'll have to agree that Hmong American movies back in the days are soooooo much better than today's...let's see...

"Neeg Lub Neej"...or Tub Tuam & Nkauj Ntsum...this one was great...they had great locations and the acting was ok...my favorite part would have to be the part when he saw her singing at a bar...A HMONG BAR!!! haha...and they had voltage playing instruments in the back too...

"Kev Hlub nyob qhov twg"...kinda long but I thought it was good...good story though...beside, I thought Tswv Yis was HOT at that time...haha...

"Vaj Yim Leej"...don't know if anyone remember, but it's a war movie...I think it was one of the best hmong war movies I've ever seen...but then they just had to come out with part 2 and screwed it up for me...part one was magnificently done though...plus, they added this very nice song too...

Don't know the name but I'm sure is "Nkauj Ntsuag Lub Neej" or something like that...starring Cua Yaj (singer)...she CAN act!!! Loved the love story between her and the main guy...

This other one starring the guy that played Tub Tuam in "Neeg Lub Neej" and the girl (I'm sure of) from "Vaj Yim Leej"...basically in this movie, she already has a boyfriend, Koob Meej (I think), but then her uncles came and married her to their son...their son didn't like her at first and he was a jerk...he didn't treat her very well...then they were at some formal party (they played Maly's song and this very very very nice song!!!) and he was dancing with some girl so she got sad and left...her ex-bf chased after her to make sure she was ok and the ex and husband got into a fight...then after he started treating her better...anyone remember???

[post="158116"][/post]​
The one with cua yaj was called “Txoj Kev Ntsuag”... and the one with yeng kai and paj nhia... actually her husband's friend asked her for a dance and he got jealous so he asked the friend to switch partners.. so the friend went to dance with his girlfriend and he danced with her.. and he told her that she wasn't as pretty as his girlfriend and she got mad and pushed him away and left... yup all the movies back then are really good.. I don't know why they didn't make any more.. I wonder what happened..

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
ceda_lee said:
[post="158116"][/post]​
:lmao: I also thought tswv yis was hot back than too!! lols!! yeah, i actually watched it a few days back and the acting wasn't as good as I remembered, but i have to agree that it is WAY better than the ones now a days and the storyline are SO MUCH BETTER!! Especially this one has got to be one of the best of its time!

ceda_lee said:

[post="158116"][/post]​
OMG!! I want to watch this one so bad!! i remember watching it when i was young. the storyline is superb!! i mean you don't get these kinds of movie with such an outstanding storyline now a days!! goshers!!

..."Tsis Tsim Nyog Ua Neej"...
I remember this one too!! more like i only remember the ending when the daughter finds the mom again... and the whole sad ending!! but omg, i think this was one of the first hmong movie that actually had the girls in swimming suit. :lmao:

"Vaj Yim Leej"
I don't remember much about this one, but i think it was one of the first hmong war movies. yeah i agree that the first part was good but then once the second one came around... everyone was... "uh oh" and wasn't there a third part too where the girl had to go find vaj yim leej?? all i can say is that i loved his name!! what a unique name it was! VAJ YIM LEEJJJJJJJ!!!! :lmao: i was also able to find the song that the girl was singing online somewhere too. totally reminds me of the movie big time!! the song was so popular back then too.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I know...Vaj Yim Leej...sounds so COOL...my mom said that this name makes him "muaj muaj tsim"...can't translate that...haha...

hliyaj

sarNie Egg
Atary Xiong aka Vaj Yim Leej and Lee Xiong aka Tswv Yim are brothers. Lee lives here where I live. I don't see him as a superstar though.

Mae

sarNie Adult
hliyaj said:
Atary Xiong aka Vaj Yim Leej and Lee Xiong aka Tswv Yim are brothers. Lee lives here where I live. I don't see him as a superstar though.
[post="159090"][/post]​
Come again? I don't understand...anyways, Tswv Yim from Kev Hlub Nyob Qhov Twg, his name is Akira T. Xiong. Anyways, I always knew all of Atary T. Xiong's (Star Pictures) p'eks were related somehow...They were mostly Xiongs. The guy from Vaj Yim Leej's real name is Pao Xiong, Tswv Yim's real name is Akira T. Xiong, and I wanna say Tub Tuam from Nkauj Ntsum is a Xiong too...and Atary is a Xiong too....

Fearless

sarNie Adult
Mae said:
Come again? I don't understand...anyways, Tswv Yim from Kev Hlub Nyob Qhov Twg, his name is Akira T. Xiong. Anyways, I always knew all of Atary T. Xiong's (Star Pictures) p'eks were related somehow...They were mostly Xiongs. The guy from Vaj Yim Leej's real name is Pao Xiong, Tswv Yim's real name is Akira T. Xiong, and I wanna say Tub Tuam from Nkauj Ntsum is a Xiong too...and Atary is a Xiong too....
[post="159162"][/post]​

what..tub toua and nkauj ntsum are both xiongs.. and they act together..

lovely_jenny

sarNie Egg
oh my gosh i still remember all these movies!!!! they are so hell good and better then these days, but still i wish there was a way to get to watch them again...anybody has it can u please upload it for everyone???? i love all those movies back then!!!!

jenjen

sarNie Hatchling
ehehe i almost died at work on sunday!!! cause it's state fair time in sacramento california (the state fair) and umm i work there and guess who i saw...i saw vaj yim leej!!! ehehe he was with his wife and three duaghters i think or two...but dang i was so...like wow i saw vaj yim leej at the fair! ahaha i called my brother up too...he was like wats the big deal gosh see them every year at new year...ahaha...i thought that was kool ...

but about the movies....dang i hella agree!!! movies back then are so much better! the first for me was tub tuam and nkauj ntsum...wasnt it popular too??? ahaaha...i can upload if someone guides me through with uploading vhs...

Mae

sarNie Adult
Fearless said:
what..tub toua and nkauj ntsum are both xiongs.. and they act together..
[post="159236"][/post]​
I meant the guy Tub Tuam from the movie with Nkauj Ntsum is a Xiong...as for Nkauj tsum I think she's a Lee or Thao...can't remember...sorry about the confusion...i meant to say that almost all actors in those great Hmong American movies in the 90s were Xiongs because Atary T. Xiong was the producer and he must have chosen his sons/nephews, etc to act in his movies...unless it was a coincidence that they just happened to be Xiongs...

Fearless

sarNie Adult
Mae said:
I meant the guy Tub Tuam from the movie with Nkauj Ntsum is a Xiong...as for Nkauj tsum I think she's a Lee or Thao...can't remember...sorry about the confusion...i meant to say that almost all actors in those great Hmong American movies in the 90s were Xiongs because Atary T. Xiong was the producer and he must have chosen his sons/nephews, etc to act in his movies...unless it was a coincidence that they just happened to be Xiongs...
[post="159588"][/post]​

woops.. my bad.. I misread it..

Quiet-ness

sarNie Hatchling
bugsy said:
Omg...Tub toua..hahahah....thats right! And omg omg...please....can you upload the songs for me?  :wub:  :D
[post="157481"][/post]​

Here you go:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...B7A6A35059772E2

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...2682BB47D366479

Note: .WMA file
Expire on Sept. 13 (Next Wed.)

It's not the best quality, but it works. Oh, and if any of you perfer the .mp3, PM me. Enjoy the song.

BACK TO TOPIC:

I have a copy of the 2nd and 3rd part of Kev Hlub Nyob Qhov Twg. It's a great Hmong-American classic movie. I also have Neeg Lub Neej I (Tub Tuam and Nkauj Ntsum) and Neeg Lub Neej II (Yaj Khais and Nkauj Hli). I have a copy of Txoj Kev Ntsuag (Paj Yeeb and Maiv Ntxawm movie). I have many of Star Pictures's production, but I wish I had more like the ones you all listed.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
Quiet-ness said:
I have a copy of the 2nd and 3rd part of Kev Hlub Nyob Qhov Twg. It's a great Hmong-American classic movie. I also have Neeg Lub Neej I (Tub Tuam and Nkauj Ntsum) and Neeg Lub Neej II (Yaj Khais and Nkauj Hli). I have a copy of Txoj Kev Ntsuag (Paj Yeeb and Maiv Ntxawm movie). I have many of Star Pictures's production, but I wish I had more like the ones you all listed.
[post="170077"][/post]​

um, is it possible for you to upload kev hlub nyob qhov twg?

Quiet-ness

sarNie Hatchling
beamsgirl said:
um, is it possible for you to upload kev hlub nyob qhov twg?
[post="170096"][/post]​

Sorry, I don't have the technology and the brains to do it. If there is someone one that has these, please do the honor. :)

Mae

sarNie Adult
Quiet-ness said:
[post="170077"][/post]​
Do you have the one called Pauj Txoj Kev Cim (sp? and title?), but the main actors name in the movie is Komeng, Cheng and Kazoua. It's been mentioned.

Quiet-ness

sarNie Hatchling
Mae said:
Do you have the one called Pauj Txoj Kev Cim (sp? and title?), but the main actors name in the movie is Komeng, Cheng and Kazoua. It's been mentioned.
[post="170129"][/post]​

No, I don't. The ones I have listed are the ones I have I believe.