[KBS] What's With This Family? 가족끼리 왜 이래

fun

Expired Sarnie
  • Drama: What Happens to My Family? (English title) / What's With This Family (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Gajokkkiri Wae Irae
  • Hangul: 가족끼리 왜 이래
  • Director: Jeon Chang-Geun
  • Writer: Kang Eun-Kyung
  • Network: KBS2
  • Episodes: 50
  • Release Date: August 16, 2014 - February 7, 2015
  • Runtime: Saturdays & Sundays 19:55
  • Language: Korean
Plot
Drama series follows the daily lives of a chaotic family. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I had to stop myself when I realize last week that I was watching another 50 episode drama!!! 

Anyway I love it so far (I'm 23 episode in). Just be warn, this drama will literally kill you or drive you insane. If you have seen Jang Bori is Here, this drama tops it in terms of crazy character. This is the first drama where I hate every character from leads to supporting to minor characters. Despite having a love-hate relationship with this drama, I really like the sister part of the story. I  just love her relationship with the CEO's son, the director.  

dariey

sarNie Adult
you scare me lol.now i don't know if i'm going to watch this or not hahaa.maybe i will just try few ep.if i can tolerate much i will cont if not it will be in my drop list.thanks for for advance advice.

fun

Expired Sarnie
There is enough characters and content to drive this drama to 50 episode in length. Actually I think there is enough for 60 plus episode. There are so many characters in here. It center around 3 ungrateful adult children, their career and their love life and then you got the extended family and other shenanigans. This is truly a chaotic family base drama.

dariey

sarNie Adult
even it got 50+ ep with good plot on every each then its ok to me.i already regret watched 100+ ep with same stupid plot and all i see in every ep is bad girl annoying scream.lol i can't do anything when my family loveeee to watch that drama.   :sleep:

fun

Expired Sarnie
Wow I seriously cannot wait for the weekend. I am totally smitten at what the father has in store for his 3 kids. Things seem like it will be changing. Everyone is hating on Son Dambi's character, Hyo Jin, but I believe she is more than just a dimwit. I like her more than Seo Wool. I hope that Hyo Jin will grow a back bone and think of her own and hopefully that change is the key to break Kang Jae out from his cold ass jerk thinking and have more respect for his father. 

There's so much for me to say about each character and the development of this drama that will take a few days to discuss it all. Like I said, there's so much going on that it is hard to dissect this drama in one go. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Haha I am dying. Kang Jae, Kang Jae, Kang Jae... what am I going to do with him? He is probably the one I hate most out of the 3 siblings. But Dal Bong is getting on my nerves. I just wish to see less of Dal Bong and Seo Weol.

As for Tae Joo... a 37 (Korean age) being childish is just beyond me especially him being a director to a business. I did like him at first but now he's very annoying to watch.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Wow this drama expects me to believe that Kang Jae is remorseful and sad that he found out his father has cancer. Boo hoo. This change is just so hard to swallow because it's just so sudden. I still can't figure why he turn out to be such an ass. The because his father is too poor he lost his chance at love is bullshit to me. And now they expect me to feel his pain. Psh... 

I love Tae Joo and Kang Sang. Although Tae Joo still acts retarded, he can be such a sweetheart. Their make out scene is just too freaking hilarious. 

Eun Ho, that jerk... I never liked him to begin with. Even though I don't like Dal Bong, Eun Ho is 10 times the douche and loser. Seriously Eun Ho is just like  his mother, selfish, selfish, selfish. I guess the apple don't fall too far from the tree after all. 

dariey

sarNie Adult
i sooo far from latest ep.still at ep 20 something but that already got me mad for everyone.like so much chaos which make me want to strangle every each of them especially kangjae.i definitely can't tolerate his silent disrespectful act toward his dad.even i like the sister part i just can't come to like this taejoo guy.owh poor kangjun being a douchebag again here..lol.up until now what make me want to laugh so much is when the supposed thing not to be known but coincident-not-so-coincident always got the ears to hear and eyes to witness. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
^You're fast. I didn't expect you to catch up so soon. I still dislike Kang Jae even though in the recent episode he sort of changed. The way he treats people around him so miserably. I don't understand how he became such a good doctor when he can't sympathize with his own family members. He doesn't have the compassion. I wanted to throw up when he went soft hearted on his ex. I still wonder what happened to her. Is the child his? I hope we get a closer to that part of the story.

dariey

sarNie Adult
so it mean when he told her father in law about the boy as his friend's kid was a lie after all?said the boy existence did't link with the time his past relationship with yejin.
i forgot another person that i hate most is his mother in law.the worst when she want him to denied his family.i really can't take this kind of people. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
They werent clear on that so I hope they revisit to clear that up.

Yesterday's episode was probably the best one. I am not too happy how it unfolded but hopefully it continues to be as good as yesterday's episode. Waiting on today's episode.

fun

Expired Sarnie
The spark sort of disappeared. Another 30 plus episode drama to add onto my list of failure lol but I am still gonna finish this to the end. If I survived Jang Bori, I think I could get through this.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am amazed this show was able to pick back up the sparks. 

I really like Tae Joo but can they tone down his childishness. It was cute at first but now it can get rather annoying. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Abeoji is getting tiresome to watch. 

I have no idea what the writer is aiming for... it has been lackluster. Sure it is still funny but the plot is very lacking. I feel like I am watching a rip off ending version to Smile, You. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
This show is extended by three episode!

Everyone already knows except the aunt. I dislike the cousin the most. I know she is upset that she was left out but she has always been an obnoxious person. I even like Hyo Jin more.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Finally ended! 

This had more loop holes for a 53 episode long dramas. 53 episode... it didn't need to be this long. I would say this is a decent family drama but still can't beat Smile You. What What's With This Family lack was depth and growth of each character. 

6 star out of 10 overall.