Title: 하녀들 / Maids
Also Known as: Servants / House Maids
Genre: Historical, Thriller, Action, Romance
Episodes: 24 (To Be Confirmed)
Broadcast network: jTBC
Broadcast period: 2014-Dec-12 to 2015-March-13
Air time: Friday & Saturday 21:50

Synopsis
A drama about the lowest class of servants during the Joseon era.
In Yub (Jung Yoo Mi) is a beautiful noblewoman who becomes a servant overnight when her father is framed and labeled a traitor. She ends up falling in love with a fellow servant, Moo Myung (Oh Ji Ho) who is the most attractive servant and skilled warrior in Hanyang. He is also a mysterious man who hides his real identity and pretends to be a servant. Meanwhile, Eun Gi (Kim Dong Wook) is a man who has everything from intelligence to looks. He is the chosen groom for In Yeob and will forms a rivalry with Moo Myung.
Cast
Main Cast
Jung Yoo Mi as Gook In Yub
Oh Ji Ho as Moo Myung / Lee Bi
Kim Dong Wook as Kim Eun Gi
Lee Shi Ah as Heo Yoon Ok

Production Company: Drama House
Director: Jo Hyun Tak
Screenwriter: Jo Hyun Kyung

fun

Expired Sarnie
In Yub is class A biatch lol She has not seen her father but it gives no excuse to be a total anal b!! I don't like the actors or actresses but storyline is intruging and who thought they would make the leading gal such a jerk.

fun

Expired Sarnie
This will be back on air Jan 23 after the set burned down last year. 

May the employee who lost her life in the fire, rest in peace. 

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
I was so looking forward to this historical drama but after episode 2 its like nah...what the fudge!!!! If my wedding day was ruin like that, had an ill-fated love, having to witness (MAYBE) "my-once-supposedly-husband" marry Yoon Ok, seeing my own father being dismember by pulling horses, be treated like an lady to a dirty rag in a night and become a slave for a household that will most likely make me suffer for the rest of my life. I'll kill myself..TBH....seriously that's messed up....

IDK..debating if I should tune into this drama or not. Should I???

fun

Expired Sarnie
They changed the plot a little after the fire. That just really suck that they had to reshoot from episode 1. I hadn't seen it yet so I am not sure what changes were made. 

dariey

sarNie Adult
now this got my attention.so much drama + historical + action.my taste..hehe

thanks kikichue for the overview. :D

edit:
ep 1 seem slow and a little boring.i think this is the first time i watch JYM as lead girl coz she usually be the bad girl.perfectionist,snobbish,prideful,arrogant lead girl which lead to strong character.interest me enough to see in yub character development.i like how they make the lead girl character opposite from the typical one.something fresh haha.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
lol i was caught off guard for ep 2 thats all the whole episode just made my really mad bc i was hoping for a wedding lol and then they destroyed it

dariey

sarNie Adult
on the way to watch ep2.i think i'm used to that situation for most historical drama so i don't feel much emotional on that.as always that kind of plot will help the character going strong and help the girl strive for the main purpose she will have in future.maybe a revenge.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
LOL i was thinking maybe when she falls in love with the guy she might just continuing staying as a maid but you never know..plot twists are always crazy towards the end.

fun

Expired Sarnie
But the guy is not a servant. He's undercover agent.... No spoiler it was a dead giveaway by the summary.

It was mentioned that the was changes made. Did anyone spot the differences?

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
Wait a minute......@fun so ur saying the main guy is no longer a servant but an undercover agent? Like he works for the king of something. Does that mean that the main girl falls in love with this "supposed" (servant)....when he's not a servant?? I wonder why they change the plot again. maybe they didn't like what they had LOL as i expected in historical dramas. extreme drama, suffering, and romance LOL hahaha

dariey

sarNie Adult
he one cruel guy even as an undercover agent.this based on how he pull the maid and in yub with rope.the blood flow,did he really kill the maid..watch this really remind me of the princess man.

just to spot the different it make me watch both version of ep 1 haha.they add the king and his ministers scene before they jump to in yub dad scene.i didn't watch it with eng sub so i don't know what they said.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
Wow I wasnt expecting a marriage between In Yub and Moo Myung. 

dariey

sarNie Adult
i don't think he really mean it.maybe to make eun gi let go in yub and marry yoon ok.

apart from that i don't like the sense of modern here.idk but some scene really show the modern vibe especially the maids behavior and language.why jeon mi sun have to play anta,i like her as prota more but she a versatile actress after all.lee chae young really impressed me with her gayageum play.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
LOL it does really seem like a modern era, now that u mention it. this is my first time seeing the maids talk back like this in a historical. I am starting to like it.

fun

Expired Sarnie
If prostitution existed, the maids behavior is normal. Not all slaves were humble, nice, obedient, etc. 

I finally got the chance to watch episode 2. I can't believe after her father returned, she bought the other household slaves new shoes. I had the same reaction as Dan Ji lol 

Serves In Yub right. She may be kind to her maid, but she has no compassion for other slaves. By being in their shoes, I hope she will give more respect to those less fortunate when her family honor gets restored, that is if it does. I had a ball seeing Dan Ji and the rest of the maid poke fun at her until Dan Ji brought up her father. That is just low. I have sympathy for In Yub because no one deserve to see their father die in that way. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Haha OMG I love this. The bulgogi scene was freaking hilarious... the masters so deserved it haha... I almost puked because I don't think they even washed the meat lol yet it was sooooo delicious!!! OMG!!!

Anyway I feel like the female in the family has a lot of power over the male.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
LOL I almost threw up at the part where they were eating the meat, like ew. I cant wait till the next episode comes out. I just want to know what happens

Reactions: fun

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am waiting for the "fall in love part". The chemistry is not there so they should start the romance sooner to build up.

Haha I will never look at meat the same again lol