[JDRAMA] Galileo 1 & 2

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Galileo

Synopsis

In "Galileo," Fukuyama Masaharu plays a genius physicist and university associate professor, Yukawa Manabu, who solves difficult mysteries. Affectionately known as Tantei Galileo ("Detective Galileo"), Yukawa is brilliant, an all-round sportsman, tall and handsome but eccentric. Yukawa's partner is a rookie cop, Utsumi Kaoru (Shibasaki Kou), a hot-blooded woman with a strong sense of justice. -- jade_frost

Galileo 2

Synopsis

Utsumi Kaoru visits Yukawa Manabu to introduce him to Kishitani Misa, a rookie detective and Teito University graduate who joined the police
force last year. Kaoru begins to talk about a case that occured at a Kamata multi-tenant building five years ago. It was a case in which the
follower of a shady new cult plunged to his death from the fifth floor of the building which had become a branch of the church. However, the
cult’s founder Renzaki Shiko said the cause of the death was due to his communication of this follower’s feelings in a seance. The police had to
release Renzaki due to the lack of evidence. Kaoru shows Yukawa a series of continuous shots that a magazine’s photographer took on the
night of the incident until the follower fell. She tells him that Renzaki did not lay a finger on the follower and that the eyeballs of
the deceased was clouded. Learning that Renzaki is still conducting seances, Yukawa shows a strong interest in the possibility of
scientifically verifying phenomena which has a high likelihood of being reproduced. The proud and confident Misa is bewildered by Yukawa’s lack
of interest in the background of the case, but visits the cult’s base with him. It is a community deep in the mountains. Renzaki and his
followers are living a life of self-sufficiency here. Misa asks Renzaki
to let her experience a seance but … … --Jdrama

credit dramawiki

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Is there a post about this drama already?  I'll check later... anyways I've been meaning to post about the second season!!

After so many years, there's finally a season 2.. whoot whoot!!!  I LOVE THE DRAMA!!!  Why?  good casting and ost, as well as storyline. 

Season 2 just started airing this April, and so far has 3 eps out.

Anyways, I really really really love the original cast, which was Fukuyama Masaharu & Shibasaki Kou.  It's a bit sad to see Shibasaki having a little cameo in the first ep of season two... her character is supposedly transferred to America.. and so Yoshitaka Yuriko is her replacement.. boohoo...  I'm just a bit sad because I'm pretty sure all the fans was anticipating a fling with the two.. hehe :p  I must say the end of ep 1 was such a teaser!! kyahhhhh.. but I couldn't help but smile.

Even though I'm sad that she's not really a part of the 2nd serie.. I don't mind Yoshitaka because I like her as well for an actress.. Her character is a bit interesting because she says everything straight out LOL. 

Anyways, I must say the 2nd part is starting out great.