Insurance Fraud!

Muddie Murda

smile...
I'm sorry, this is long. Bare with me!

Okay! So it seems like after I made a bank account with Bank of America, I've been getting these letters in the mail about life insurance...except these are from "Banc of America." The logos are about the same, just placed elsewhere around the word to look similar to "Bank of America's." I thought it was just one of those scamming letters, so I just ignored them. I got about 5-7 atleast, of those same letters.

Then one night, I believe around January or February, someone called my house phone, requesting for me, which I truly hate. If they are important, then they will have my cell number call my cellphone. So anyways, it was like 8-9 PM at night, and that call came. My mom answered it and gave it to me.

The guy goes on really happy and jolly, talking about this insurance information with "Bank/Banc of America" (I'm not sure if it's Bank or Banc). I just go "uh huh" and listen on because, I'm not that rude you know? And then he said he'd transfer me to one of the professionals and he'll give me more info on the insurance and he told me to wait. But the other guy took a while, so this guy was still on the phone with me, apologizing for taking so long. So he kept the conversation going, asking how the day was, how the weather is, blah blah. And then finally, the other guy was ready.

The conversation with the other guy just kind of pissed me off. First off, he asks, "For security purposes I will be recording this session, is that okay?" And I go, "Uh........sureeeee..." And yes, I was REALLY dragging the words to make it seem like, "WTF?" And then go goes, "With your permission, I've started the recording." He starts going on with the details about the insurance, and I just go "Uh huh" as if I was listening, but I was actually dying and wanted to hang up badly. And then he goes something like, "So right now, you're being enrolled into the insurance plan. It's a free trial for three months, and if you are not happy, just cancel by April and we won't charge you anything. However, if you don't cancel by April, the bank will automatically deduct [$30?] from your account." And I go..."What?" And he explains to me all freaking over again. And then this time, he goes, "So you agree to this, am I right?" He said it like I DID agree previously, when I surely did not. And I go, "Uh.....nooo."

Then he goes on about the plan again being a free trial that I don't need to worry about it, and if I didn't like it I could cancel by April. And then I go, "Can I just decline this offer? And forget about everything? Because I don't think I need this."

And the guy goes, "Okay sure no problem. Just call us back anytime you change your mind."

Free at last! So I tell my mom, "If anyone asks for me ever again from this phone, I am not home!"

-----

So right after that, I got online to research this "Banc of America" insurance thing being a scam or fraud. No results show up. There was a "Banc of America" but it was under Bank of America's site.

I read through all the letters I got from "Banc of America" again, because I kept them lying around. I read every word and at the end, it would state something like, "This has no association with Bank of America." Or something like that.

So I kind of worried, but then not really, since I couldn't find anything about Bank/Banc of America scamming people about insurance.

But then today, I did the research again, and one results popped up.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discu...ress=389x491738

OMG! I'm so freaked out! That was exactly how my conversation was. T___T I'm scared they might have edited the taping. Except, unlike that girl, I didn't say "yes" I just said "Uhhh.....Sureeee..." with my dragging words to kind of show that I wasn't that sure and wasn't so interested.

Anyways have you guys ever heard of "Banc of America?" Do you guys know how I can check up and see that I am NOT enrolled in any insurance crap from Bank of America?

T__T

Thanks!

-End of Rant for the month-

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
That's why I'm rude to telemarketers. It's not nice, but it keeps me from having my time wasted by their questions when I know right from the beginning I won't be accepting any offer from them.

Maybe people should start asking those callers if its ok if you yourself can record the convo for your own use. lol

natty

Chubs
Well I don't know if it's sold over or gave info. You might want to ask klarissa for she does work for them. Whenever I get those type of call and they ask if they can tell me about the benefit i just say "no thank you i dont need it." and if they persist in saying it's free ect ect, I just say, "I won't ever be in that situation so no thank you." and if htey say we'll we'll sign you up and you can cancel it ect ect. "i just tell them no, cancel it not now. I dont want the free trial." and say thank you and hang up. If they call again for the second time I would tell them that i'll call them back at the number given with my card and hang up. I had a saving account with bank of american once but i canceled it last november (only after a year with them) because their service was horrible, at the bank and on the phone. I'm only with washington mutual and east meets west now.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Talk about bad service. T___T Haha I made a deposit there with some CAD cash I got from my friend who brought from me. One was a Check and the other was cash. So I filled out a form for the exchange currency thing, and then one for depositing the $9 check. The check was $9 while the cash in USD was $25. I thought it was kinda weird that the guy would only fill out the deposit slip for $9 and not the $25 because I was depositing both.

And so that was friday. And then today, I checked my records online, and the $25 was never deposited. OMG *kills*
I'm going to go talk to them w/ the slips I got as receipts. I hope the guy doesn't lie saying he gave it to me.

I'm only with Bank of America because it's an account for me and my friends in Cali, since we're saving up for this summer to meet up. It was the only bank we could think of that nationwide.

-sigh-

noungning

Heartless
omg muddie, sucks to be in those recorded situations.

my mom's friend, same kind of situation but for something else.

she kept on getting these weird phone bills, and it was to these 2 random long distance #s, everyone comes to me for help because they believe i'm the only person who knows english... well anyway, she came over and had me call that place but turns out their freaking phone # was temporarily unavailable for a whole week. so we got over it and thought ok...maybe someone called collect or something.

nope, next month it comes again, this time my mom's friends family called the # listed on the bill and asked why were they being billed for this number, it turns out it was some dude's GF's number who gets jealous of his GF so he calls all numbers on his GF's cell phone which he said was my mom's friend... and the ppl who called him said they told him to stop calling the # to stop this bill, but nope, the next month, it came again, and the cost started to increase.

so i called them again, and this time their phone # worked. i finally got to the ppl and asked, "why am i always getting billed, i don't know what this is" and the guy goes, it's a long distance provider, but she has verizon, so we were like why would i sign up for your service? we already have long distance. so the guy goes "well someone approved of this service twice, once in may and once in september" and i'm thinking damn wth... then he continues "and we have a recording to prove that you've agreed, and you can listen to this if you'd like" and i said yes to listen. turns out it was a recording of my mom's friend answering yes to the service...

i asked her to listen, she goes OH!! i remember this! it was a thai lady who called and asked if i wanted long distance service and i said NO, but she also asked me other random things, and i said yes to some things, I THINK THEY CUT UP MY VOICE TO MAKE IT SOUND AS IF I AM AGREEING TO HAVE THE SERVICE! yes so it was a lil scam! well we discontinued the service, but i don't know if they will keep on billing her.

so yes they do cut up ur answers and make it seem u've agreed to something.

i hope u can get to the bottom of everything and stop it before it's too late. goodluck :)