In real life, do thai servants even have rights?

onahc

sarNie Elites
They always get beat up and mistreated in lakons so I wonder if that's how it is in real life. They have no voice and no rights. Thai servants need to seriously stick up for their rights.

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
They do have right their human civil rights...but most just endure the abuse in order to have a job.

They should sue like Naomi Campbell's maid.

calla

sarNie Adult
they should have the rights and respect in real life. i know thai people like to hiring servants but i don't think they would treat their servants like in lakorns. or else it depend on the family that they are going to live with. cause u know some people are think they're rich and can do whatever they want. most of the rich people hate the poor.

SunStar

sarNie Elites
i think Thai society gap is too large.... i hardly see lakorns with middle class people... only a few...

either you are very rich living in mansions, large farms, or rich condos... or you're poor...living in the slums...

i would really like to see more lakorns based on the middle class in Thailand... would be kinda nice to see more of it...

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i have 3 sevants 1 at my brothers p'lek she looked aftre me from when i was younger with my brother too and at ma mums house she has 2 but i dont really kno them but we have treated p'lek like family i dont think we have ever mistreated them they get paid good money and have a home to live in and food to eat hehe

onahc

sarNie Elites
*Ice* said:
i have 3 sevants 1 at my brothers p'lek she looked aftre me from when i was younger with my brother too and at ma mums house she has 2 but i dont really kno them but we have treated p'lek like family i dont think we have ever mistreated them they get paid good money and have a home to live in and food to eat hehe
[post="155179"][/post]​
do they live with you. and do you feel uncomfortable having them in your home.

slee00

sarNie Adult
My friend went to Thailand and stayed with her Thai friend ( this Thai friend used to come here to US for vacation...so we know her very well) This Thai friend was very rich in Thailand and her husband have an oil company in the US too...so she was used to a lot of money....when she was here...she was like a normal regular person like us...she eats whatever we cook and went wherever we took her...she laughs and went shopping with us throughout LA and San Jose....but when she gets to Bankok...she act different....there she has many houses and condos and servants....so she has to act more hi-so....examples: she will always ask the servant to give her back any changes if she give them money to buy food, be more firm with the her orders and expect things to happen everytime she ask something done...she never really smile or be too personal with her servants...but care for them as employers....when We asked her these, she said the reasons for this is: Many people over there when u hire them to do a job for you and if you go easy on them, instead of helping you out...they took advantage of you...She said she rather give them extra monies at paydays then let them keep the changes...so they dont make a habbit of keep changes all the time...Which makes sense to me.

LDi

sarNie Hatchling
^^ For those that live in Western societies Canada, US this sort of life seems different, odd for us, well simply because ppl don't have live in maids. Well, the reality is in other countries it's normal, where the there's a huge gap in class this is much more common. And every case isn't always the same, I'm sure there are plenty of servants (I hate that word)....I'd rather say live in maids that get treated respectfully, and then there are those that maybe mistreated. At the end of the day, it's a job, these ppl work to provide for themselves and others.

I was living abroad for an internship (not in Thailand though), sharing a house with other international students, we had a maid ( I wasn't always comfortable with ppl doing things for me, cause I wanted to do it myself). Now she didn't live with us, but she would come in 2 times a week and we had a gardener also ( most of us felt weird because we liked doing things ourselves, but simply labour was cheap and these ppl needed the job really bad). Even the middle class had maids. For those that weren't able to continue their education in such a country females tended to be maids, while the men worked as gardeners or did landscaping.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
onahc said:
do they live with you. and do you feel uncomfortable having them in your home.
[post="155401"][/post]​

The servant at my brothers house i have known her from when i was a baby so she is like family she is like a big sister to me i guess , she knows me well too so ya she great also the servants at ma mums house hmm well i dont kno about them much just that ma mum bosses them around lol but they are nice to me when i go to ma mums house they always offering me food i bet they trying to fatten me up to eat me lol!!! :w000t:

Reagan

sarNie Adult
my aunty has servants, but they dont call them that in laos, I think they call them lady of the house,

Na

sarNie Hatchling
I have 5 servants in thailand. My mum and daddy never miss - treated them. When ever I vist my parents they act normal never miss treated. Though my 22 older sister always miss treated them like .... when she get dump she get drunk and she beat up one of the servants. -_- My mummy and daddy owns 3 houses in thailand.. ^_^ mm our other 2 houses are in different locations.. one in Hua Hin; Sa.. somthing. Our main house is in Bangkok with 3 servants. So that leave 2 servants at our other houses in Thailand.

As I watch lakorns I think servants shouldn't be miss-treated its so curel. As for me my servants are like another mummy and daddy who take care of the family ;)

onahc

sarNie Elites
Nathlie said:
Though my 22 older sister always miss treated them like .... when she get dump she get drunk and she beat up one of the servants.
That is like Orapim in Jao Sao Ban Rai, hahaha

alby

sarNie Hatchling
well i think that some may be mistreated and others may not be. there are always good and bad apples in a batch.

tang071

sarNie Elites
i dont like the word servants. i usually call them "kon ngarn" not "kon chai." like employee not maid or servant. i dunno thats just me. i call them pee if their older or na, ba, loong. some live with us some dont. come during the day and leave at different times. ba'noi sleeps at home and cooks lunch but works some other place and comes back later. she also does laundry and help clean. p'jurn takes care of the baby and also cooks breakfast and dinner. na'noi and p'anuruk drive the cars. my grandmother has her own employee bc she's old and recently broke her hip. p'pla looks after my lil cousin and helps clean too. everyone basically has their own separate jobs. we treat them well and they treat us well. for instance p'jurn was hired to take care of the baby but offers to help clean and cook. when we go on trips we bring back stuff for everyone and share our food. they eat the same food we do. i always bring back stuff when i go back to thailand. we always have a fun time talking to each other and they always care by asking how our day was.

ChaosAngelz

sarNie Juvenile
lol my parents have hired 4 servants at my house but we dont mistreat them at all because it would be against human rights. also thye are all very nice and respectful so why would we hurt or abuse them and if they did we would just fire them instead of abuse

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
wow, many of you guys have servants. I'm so jealous. I'm like the servant at my house LOL.