imagine if ann t would have accepted JLR, would the reception be the same?

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
^Well, I for one beg to differ. Just because Jum Leuy Ruk were major hits in the past doesn't necessarily predict and imply guaranteed success today. Each time there is a remake, the audience changes, preferences altered, and a new generation of new expectations arises. La Ong Dao for instance, great actors by the way, Aom and Kong but nonetheless, the remake wasn't as great nor well accepted as the previous version(s). And Tut Dao Bussaya with Donut and that one guy, the remake wasn't that great either. Oh and how can I forget about Dung Duang Haruthai. The response was pretty decent but not as explosive as Num and Nat's version. That's why, Khun Jim, the director of this lakorn, changed some characteristics and scenes in this version, to suit the modern generation.

If you guys have been following up on the articles printed and written about this lakorn, you'll realize that the primary strongest point of this entire lakorn resides in Aum. In the beginning, critics to fans of this book opposed Aum as the male lead as he was perceived to be too light skinned and too pretty to portray the aggressiveness of Harit but in the end, after the very first episode, opinions switched almost 360 degrees and now, everyone is in love with Aum as Harit. Aum is Harit. Whereas John, yes, that version was also popular but did people really go around calling John Harit? And seriously fall in love with him as Harit? I don't remember so. Perhaps fans admired John's acting abilities but Aum seriously is Harit to the majority. I remember that Ning was the one who was favored in that lakorn so with each version, the response is different.

I'm not doubting Ken and Ann's acting abilities because I know they can act, obviously. But to have them as Harit and Soriya, it would be a different taste. A taste I along with others may not enjoy. Honestly, I was one of those people who detested this remake from the beginning, but now, I've been converted into a crazy fan because there is something different and unique about Aum and Aff together that has made this remake into reality. Ken and Ann's version may be popular as well due to the solid fanbase they've built together but to genuinely captivate the whole nation and overseas? I think not the same way Aum and Aff did. Aum and Aff weren't exactly nobodies but they weren't exactly up up there either but with this lakorn, they have skyrocketed together. That already says a lot. I think Ken and Ann's version would be popular but definitely not as popular as Aum and Aff by how many percentage, I don't know. Well, that's all I have to say, agree or not, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but truth is, this remake is extremely popular and thank GOD, it's Aum and Aff.

As for the getting bored part. Yes, I do find it boring to watch actresses redemonstrate the same old innocent roles over and over again. Aum and Aff can pair up again but hopefully, it'll be something different like a comedy, a life drama, something else I don't mind. Like Oum Ruk, I didn't mind Ken and Ann as the storyline was different. Plus, isn't this one of Aum and Aff's first batch of R lakorns? I'm not against Ken and Ann but I would like to see other diverse roles but then again, you can't blame them, the Thai industry has always been about virgins so yah, it's common to see Ann do these roles over and over again.

moilee

sarNie Adult
For me, Aum just doesn't do it for me as pr'eng, by look or acting ability. I prefer him playing the negative role. I don't know what other people see in him. As for hot couple on or off screen...I would say Ken and Janie would be my #1 couple with ch3. And for Ken and Ann T......they just don't do it for me either as #1 couple...but maybe #3 or #4 couple. I think Ann looks much older than Ken, on or off screen. And for the second couple...Tik and Cherry, they make another #1 couple for me beside Ken and Janie.

saobomp

sarNie Adult
so strange... what ppl are saying is true in a way but i think it's BS... just in my opinion

this storyline has been played 3 times, and 1 major big screen, smashing hit ALL 4 times!

doesn't matter who plays this, it can be the ugliest mofos paired together, the feedback will be about the same. if the plot is good, the audience will watch it. this lakorn obviously didn't need sizzling characters to get a bang, it's been played with a bang already over and over again... and if it were to be remade again 10 years from now, it'd get the same feedback...

ppl likes the rough love. and that's what sells.

and ok, for those that don't like ann, and don't think that her and ken paired for this will get much feedback... let's see how her lakorn does with him... but i think that most lakorns, if it's just an average plot/storyline, they need A listers to play to give it a boost. but if it's a good storyline, it'd get a raving feedback even if they use B, C or D listers.

i agree with u noungning! it's the storyline that makes it interesting. i love ken and ann so i wouldnt mind seeing them in it. perhaps ann t wont look right b/c of the character there; weak n'ek. at times u have to admit that aff's voice was annoying b/c it soo high pitch when she talks and scream. aum's thai speaking bothers me at times b/c it's not fluent and clear but u can pin point to what he was saying. the couples did well.

i'm one waiting for ann and ken's in sawan bieng. i love seeng old couples if the plot is good to watch. i never get tired of them...

dmdaisy

sarNie Hatchling
^Well, I for one beg to differ. Just because Jum Leuy Ruk were major hits in the past doesn't necessarily predict and imply guaranteed success today. Each time there is a remake, the audience changes, preferences altered, and a new generation of new expectations arises. La Ong Dao for instance, great actors by the way, Aom and Kong but nonetheless, the remake wasn't as great nor well accepted as the previous version(s). And Tut Dao Bussaya with Donut and that one guy, the remake wasn't that great either. Oh and how can I forget about Dung Duang Haruthai. The response was pretty decent but not as explosive as Num and Nat's version. That's why, Khun Jim, the director of this lakorn, changed some characteristics and scenes in this version, to suit the modern generation.

If you guys have been following up on the articles printed and written about this lakorn, you'll realize that the primary strongest point of this entire lakorn resides in Aum. In the beginning, critics to fans of this book opposed Aum as the male lead as he was perceived to be too light skinned and too pretty to portray the aggressiveness of Harit but in the end, after the very first episode, opinions switched almost 360 degrees and now, everyone is in love with Aum as Harit. Aum is Harit. Whereas John, yes, that version was also popular but did people really go around calling John Harit? And seriously fall in love with him as Harit? I don't remember so. Perhaps fans admired John's acting abilities but Aum seriously is Harit to the majority. I remember that Ning was the one who was favored in that lakorn so with each version, the response is different.

I'm not doubting Ken and Ann's acting abilities because I know they can act, obviously. But to have them as Harit and Soriya, it would be a different taste. A taste I along with others may not enjoy. Honestly, I was one of those people who detested this remake from the beginning, but now, I've been converted into a crazy fan because there is something different and unique about Aum and Aff together that has made this remake into reality. Ken and Ann's version may be popular as well due to the solid fanbase they've built together but to genuinely captivate the whole nation and overseas? I think not the same way Aum and Aff did. Aum and Aff weren't exactly nobodies but they weren't exactly up up there either but with this lakorn, they have skyrocketed together. That already says a lot. I think Ken and Ann's version would be popular but definitely not as popular as Aum and Aff by how many percentage, I don't know. Well, that's all I have to say, agree or not, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but truth is, this remake is extremely popular and thank GOD, it's Aum and Aff.

As for the getting bored part. Yes, I do find it boring to watch actresses redemonstrate the same old innocent roles over and over again. Aum and Aff can pair up again but hopefully, it'll be something different like a comedy, a life drama, something else I don't mind. Like Oum Ruk, I didn't mind Ken and Ann as the storyline was different. Plus, isn't this one of Aum and Aff's first batch of R lakorns? I'm not against Ken and Ann but I would like to see other diverse roles but then again, you can't blame them, the Thai industry has always been about virgins so yah, it's common to see Ann do these roles over and over again.
very true couldn't agree with you more, I know everyone has there own opinons about who they prefer or not in certain roles and agree that if the story is good people well watch it no matter how many remakes they do. Also everyone well always have a favorite on-screen couple that they wanna see more than once but just maybe in different roles and not every year. For instance i wanna see tik/aom do another lakorn so bad togehter cause it's been like 5 years since there last one and the two they did together were both different type of roles from the other. But not every remake is gonna be a major hit even if the old version was a huge success cause look at dao pra sook it made kob/num a household name and morudee was in the verison before that still with people knowing the story line and loving it, it still didn't help brook and mieng version all they got was criticize and bashed with really poor ratings and considered one of the worst remakes, it did nothing to further there acting careers to a new level unlike what JLR did for aum/aff.

noungning

Heartless
lol i don't think u see it the way i see it, for instance u brought up an example and i happened to see its and bits of the lakorn remake of dung duangharutai... and i believe it's awful... it's not even because of the characters... it's the costume, the everything, i didn't even want to look at it. kwan looked hideous and their costumes should've been better designed and put.

the thing with remakes, you have to try to remake it as close as the original but with some revamps, for instance better costume, better setting, everything better. but keeping it the same as the original in plot wise. some lakorns that are remade are tweaked, they change some things here and there and it makes it annoying so it doesn't get a great feedback as the original.

i haven't been watching a lot of lakorns lately so i didn't see any of the lakorns u've listed. and i've just watched this one personally because i saw johnny's and ning's version, and saw this with my sister so i started to watch it.

but like i said, if the storyline is a bang, it will be a bang, even if they aren't the hottest mofos on the block, but they must be able to portray the character, in other words, know how to act.

the thing where i see that if ken and ann were lead characters, their fame and popularity will pull from the character. people already expects them to make a bang so when they watch it and see a bang they're like ok... what next... but with aum and aff, people didn't really care for them and watches it but gets more than they cared for so now they're raving about it.. it's human nature.

have u ever been to a movie where your friend was hyping up so much and when u saw it, u were disappointed? well this is the same thing, but the opposite. no one really raved about these 2, so they didn't expect much, but now that they've seen these people in a great role, they are going psycho... a matter of psychology :).

dmdaisy

sarNie Hatchling
lol i don't think u see it the way i see it, for instance u brought up an example and i happened to see its and bits of the lakorn remake of dung duangharutai... and i believe it's awful... it's not even because of the characters... it's the costume, the everything, i didn't even want to look at it. kwan looked hideous and their costumes should've been better designed and put.

the thing with remakes, you have to try to remake it as close as the original but with some revamps, for instance better costume, better setting, everything better. but keeping it the same as the original in plot wise. some lakorns that are remade are tweaked, they change some things here and there and it makes it annoying so it doesn't get a great feedback as the original.

i haven't been watching a lot of lakorns lately so i didn't see any of the lakorns u've listed. and i've just watched this one personally because i saw johnny's and ning's version, and saw this with my sister so i started to watch it.

but like i said, if the storyline is a bang, it will be a bang, even if they aren't the hottest mofos on the block, but they must be able to portray the character, in other words, know how to act.

the thing where i see that if ken and ann were lead characters, their fame and popularity will pull from the character. people already expects them to make a bang so when they watch it and see a bang they're like ok... what next... but with aum and aff, people didn't really care for them and watches it but gets more than they cared for so now they're raving about it.. it's human nature.

have u ever been to a movie where your friend was hyping up so much and when u saw it, u were disappointed? well this is the same thing, but the opposite. no one really raved about these 2, so they didn't expect much, but now that they've seen these people in a great role, they are going psycho... a matter of psychology :).
you have a good point with anne/ken and that it will be popular also cause of there fans but with less of a bang than what aum/aff got from the viewers. Also when people watch something and don't know what to expect from it but totally was blown away from it yeah people well get kinda psycho over it like aum/aff in JLR and now almost no one can picture anyone else in it (like me) besides aum/aff. I think that very few times in any year where a lakorn comes out with a bang from the start to the very end with so much following it(lakorn lately have been average with very few good ones that don't seem like it's dragging). It always nice to like the remake better than the original cause i wasn't a huge fan of john as p'ak with ning period and because of that never watched even though it was also popular. As for them casting anyone in here that aren't the hottest(fugly) but well get the same response as aum/aff i don't agree with that cause i think you'll get alot more people in this forum going who they would have prefer for the leads. As for the remake of ddh yeah the clothes and most of the setting was cheap but if the leads were ugly the clothes would have looked even cheaper on them but it still look better than what nat/num wore on there version talk about cheap but that's not the cast fault but the production company not wanting to spend the money.

MoonChild

sarNie Hatchling
We would never know because it didn't happen. But for sure I wouldn't go gaga over it because I wouldn't be watching it. No offense to Ken and Ann fans but they just don't rock my boat.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Personally this is my fave version of JLR but that's mainly because Soriya is a lot stronger in this version than in the older ones and she's a bit smarter and Aum/Aff have major chem. They fit the roles perfectly the way it's written.

Ken/Ann would've brought a different feel/tone to the table. I love Ann but she doesn't do cute anymore, she looks mature. Soriya in this version is cute and spunky and Aff looks it (fresh and young) and acts it. I don't think Ann could pull that off anymore. I still think her best role or type of role is Kaang in Samee Tee Tra. I've never seen Ken in an aggressive role so I can't say for sure how he'll do.

But I do agree with the whole hype phenomena. For example Aum/Oil in Soe Saneha, no one expected anything and that lakorn boosted them into superstars practically overnight. For their next one Plerng Payu, it was overhyped from day one and I know from this forum there was a lot of disappointment in it. I don't know how PP did in comparison to SS though.

On another note I've never seen Onahc so fangurly about anything, it's too cute. :lol:

natty

Chubs
Well I think it's a little unfair to bring up Dang Duang Haruthai and La Ong Dao just because they changed the story line. It's one thing if the story is about revenge and tough love because those are popular no matter what. DDH and LOD are different and if they kept to the original script, I think they would do pretty good.

Also for those who say they are glad A-listers reject lakorns or that they should give other's a chance. Well you have to put yourself in their shoes. The role of nang'eks and pra'eks can't stay with you forever. You take all that you can while you are still in demand. When you are no longer in demand, then that is the time to step down for the new generations. Aum P, Ann T, Kob, Noon, Vee, Oil, Por, Paul and so on are still very much in demand, they are still very popular and can still rake in pretty good ratings. Directors and producers want that and until viewers prove otherwise, they will keep offering roles to them.

Mai*

sarNie Elites
But I do agree with the whole hype phenomena. For example Aum/Oil in Soe Saneha, no one expected anything and that lakorn boosted them into superstars practically overnight. For their next one Plerng Payu, it was overhyped from day one and I know from this forum there was a lot of disappointment in it. I don't know how PP did in comparison to SS though.

On another note I've never seen Onahc so fangurly about anything, it's too cute. :lol:
well using PP and SSH as an example doesnt prove anything, cause SSH was #1 in 2003, whereas Pleung Payu, the reunion still raked in ratings to be #1 in 2005 as well. So no, fans werent dissapointment in Thailand lol. The fans here in the west might feel that way. But it was very much a hit in 2005, a bigger hit than SSH lol. It generated bigger headlines. Plus Oil and Aum were already household names way before SSH, just that SSH made them even bigger.

As for JLR, if the script was decent, Ann T and Ken whom are both decent actors, would have still been well recieved by viewrs, and they'll probably be praised for their acting by the critics too. You cant just downplay them just cause they're famous. They're famous for a reason.

puppylov

sarNie Adult
not all remakes do good. and not all remakes gain popularity all over not just in one particular country. even with a good storyline some lakorns can still do bad and some lakorns with crapy storyline can still do good from the main n'ek and p'ek. so if aum/aff are popular all over the countries then they make a name of their own and if it wereAnn/ken then it wouldn't be the same or might not be popular all over like with aum/aff. there is point where some actors gain recognition. ann has been in many lakorns and she started to be really famous with oum ruk. ann/ken r famous from oum ruk and aum/aff r famous from JLR. everyone has their moment and I believe it would not be the same regardless if ann/ken r in JLR although they r already famous from OR

natty

Chubs
actually ken got recognition from song rao nirundon... ken and ann as an onscreen couple got famous from oum rak..

noungning

Heartless
right and ann was famous from song naree. that's when she made her big break... ann's been around acting forever!

i think that this forum just notice ann from oum ruk which is odd because she's done so much more projects. but that's that...

but like natty said, it's more of the couple recognition from oum ruk.... and from reading... can someone remind me how many lakorns ken and ann has been in together??? i thought it was just the 1 and some are making it seem like they've been in 10 together already? or i might be wrong, someone confirm please?

tinah

sarNie Coma
^^they had two lakorns together. the other one was rang ngao when anne portray two character so its like playing a twin role again

noungning

Heartless
oh yeah i forgot about that one, and that made a big hit too. not as big as oum ruk because that one was more drama. but some people made it sound like they've done ALOT

dmdaisy

sarNie Hatchling
didn't ann and ken got a top awards for oum ruk? wasn't that both there first top awards in all the years the been acting or was it just anne first top awards?

tinah

sarNie Coma
yep they both won but it wasnt their first time winning top award. annes first was 2001 for "samee tee tra" and ken was 05 for "sufun nirondon"

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai

Couldn't agree more as well...gosh some of you guys have very strong feelings about ur lakorns...! Im glad Aum and Aff played as Pra ek and Nang ek in JLR though...!

greentea

sarNie Egg
I don't think the movie would have been the same with Ken and Ann because I don't think Ken is able to portray the anger and hatred that Aum did. Also, Ann has been acting for a while and her acting style is always the same. I would be able to predict her emotions. I don't think she would have been able to portray the scared, but fierce defendant of love as great as Aff did.

However, with Aff, I've never seen her movies before and it was interesting to see her unfold. I didn't think she could play the tough and strong defendent that she did. It was great to see it. I think Aum did a fantastic job. He was able to make us see how angry and full of hatred he was in the beginning, and slowly let his guard down to show his feelings for Soraya. He was absolutely supurb! He made people feel angry watching him treat Soraya the way he did. He showed so much expression on his face and not just his acting. I don't think Ken is that great of an actor yet. Aum should WIN an award for his role!!

However, I think Andrew Gregson would have been able to pull it off. I've seen him in Tang parn kammathep. He was fierce! That's why so many people love that movie too. I think some movies were made for some people!