I'm asking for money again!

darvil

sarNie Adult
Well its about time to do some upgrades for the forum which entails money.

I got a cool mod to track all the donations automatically! Its very cool! Check it out! (Donate me!)
You can donate as anonymous (for those shy people) and anonymous amounts also ;)

Also people can donate through the snail mail. In the past some members prefer to do that. Thats perfectly fine. Just PM me and I'll give you my address. Also I'm going to add the past donations into goals. Need to make a record of it.

The main reason why I'm doing it because I need some help with a new video server. As you know we lost our old one. Its a long story so I rather not get into detail. But I'm bringing it back. The bad news is that we will have to start from scratch (I feel the pain of losing the videos). The good news is the forum will be integrated with the video site so we won't have to reregister. I'm just bothering you guys to help me with this initial payment.

I'm dedicating this week and next week to work on these enhancements. My classes start next week so I want to get thing rolling starting tonight.

I'm going to be doing a few things. Listing them.

1.) Upgrade the forum to the latest version (more secure) and then redo ALL the mods (reputation, radio, skins, etc. etc.). This is going to take a few days. The hard ones are going to be the flashchat and radio. I want to setup a more advanced radio bot also.

2.) Prepare the new server and get it all ready. I'm turning it into a similar system as our current server but with openvz instead of xen.

3.) Install the video site again and do some advance stuff to integrate them across separate servers.

4.) Setup some advanced backup system

So that should keep me busy for quite a bit. I rather do it now while I have time.

Anyway this time I promise to keep the video site up permanently. Of course we may have to move around depending on space and traffic.. but not for a while. The one I'm looking at has massive amount of traffic so we won't be crossing that boundary for a while.

So yea.. show me a little love you peps! I ain't making money off this so I need a little motivation.

I don't want anyone to feel bad if they can't donate. Don't feel obligated. Giving money isn't for everyone and doing other things on the forum such as keeping it active, uploading, editing wiki, etc etc is a way of donation.

darvil

sarNie Adult
I forgot to activate the Goal! aiya.. Fixed the mod so people can actually send something.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I'm one of the shy people. Thank goodness for anonymousity! :blush:

by the way... do you need it by this week? or until you reach the goal?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
o_O all coolies -.-" I'll donate x3 :wub: gimme some cool radio toys -.-" LOL I missed that "the songs just played" where I click to the radio thing and it shows the 10 song recently played and the tag board! LOL and yay advance radio bot? so that means I can start adding songs again? welps i know this is probably useless coming from me lol but if u need any help ^__-" jus arske...

Edit ^___-" I'm just donated -.-" sorry it's not much because I am in the middle of moving right now lol and kind of need money for that; rawr but I'll try to add some more on friday ...

darvil

sarNie Adult
I'm one of the shy people. Thank goodness for anonymousity! :blush:

by the way... do you need it by this week? or until you reach the goal?
It would be until the goal is reached. Since I'm asking for money, I can't be too picky can I?;) I usually shell it out of my own pocket first and let the donation cover it.

Also in the past people have donated thru the snail mail and then I manually add them to the donate list. Thats fine too. I need to make a note of that.

o_O all coolies -.-" I'll donate x3 :wub: gimme some cool radio toys -.-" LOL I missed that "the songs just played" where I click to the radio thing and it shows the 10 song recently played and the tag board! LOL and yay advance radio bot? so that means I can start adding songs again? welps i know this is probably useless coming from me lol but if u need any help ^__-" jus arske...

Edit ^___-" I'm just donated -.-" sorry it's not much because I am in the middle of moving right now lol and kind of need money for that; rawr but I'll try to add some more on friday ...
Tina.. isn't your husband going to fume since that isn't exactly a small amount of donation??

i donated! yay! but hey if u need more i'll give more...
Just give what you're comfortable with.

On a side note. I just found out there is gonna be a setup fee for the server. 30 more Euro! That translate to 45 more dollars. I might have to modify the donation goal.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
He's not going to mind -.-" LOL he spends 75 bucks on car magazines and I never say anything! LOL so why can't I spend that much for sarNworld! Beside I have a secret stash of side money I use for stuff I don't wnat him to know about lmao; ^__-"

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Right now its set at forever.. or until its met ;)

so you have forever to send something. But don't wait til I'm dead from old age or something.
Nah i'll wait until you die of old age since I'll still be young so i have time lol.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
How do I donate anonymously? ^_^

But got to wait until next week though, because right now my Paypal has zero balance. :lol:

I want the video site back. :D :p :p lolz.

mozemoua

sarNie Hatchling
I have a little problem!!! I don't have paypal since I don't buy or order anything online unless it's through creditcard or checkcard so is there any other way i can donate? What is a snailmail?? Sorry guys, I am soo behind with all this stuff! LOL..

I am a poor college student with bunch of bills so does it matter how much we donate??

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Doesn't matter how much it is ^_-" every amount goes towards helping; Lol snailmail is "envelope mail" LOL I think you might have to ask the old man (Darvil) to see if he could work something out about the no paypal thing

noungning

Heartless
I have a little problem!!! I don't have paypal since I don't buy or order anything online unless it's through creditcard or checkcard so is there any other way i can donate? What is a snailmail?? Sorry guys, I am soo behind with all this stuff! LOL..

I am a poor college student with bunch of bills so does it matter how much we donate??
oh no problem, just PM tim, he'll give u an address, and u can um hmm write him a check. any amount is good, even $2. but if u don't have money, u can just help us keep the forum going and always visit us everyday lol

as i can't donate, i'm broke. so yeah... i'm not donating. lol :mellow:

mozemoua

sarNie Hatchling
Doesn't matter how much it is ^_-" every amount goes towards helping; Lol snailmail is "envelope mail" LOL I think you might have to ask the old man (Darvil) to see if he could work something out about the no paypal thing
See i told you im slow!! lol

oh no problem, just PM tim, he'll give u an address, and u can um hmm write him a check. any amount is good, even $2. but if u don't have money, u can just help us keep the forum going and always visit us everyday lol

as i can't donate, i'm broke. so yeah... i'm not donating. lol :mellow:

Thanks.. and tim is Darvil right??? I'll go ahead and pm him for his address.. although i do have bills i'll go ahead and donate since i am now an active user.. LOL.. I have to help to keep the thred alive and up to date! LOL.. thanks!!!!