I Need to Quit My Job..........

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
I do this all the time..... I haven't quit my current job, but my boss is real big d*ck so I'm not going to put in my two weeks..... good idea or bad???

noungning

Heartless
i go thru that alot too.. if i don't like the boss i quit haha. so bad but it's part of life. so i'd go with my own instinct. if i think i can only stay somewhere for another 2 months and i'm outro then it's a good idea to move now than later. but it's always a good idea to have a backup prior quitting because i was jobless for 2 months after i came back from thailand and it was horrible.

jensen

sarNie Fansubber
my opinion : if i don't get along with people at work or if i don't find pleasure in my job, i would quit, but i would look for another job before leaving, cos as Ning told you it is mentally horrible to be jobless.

For me, if each morning i wake up, i get nervous because i have to go to work and that makes me be in a bad mood all the day, i would quit. We spend many hours a day at work so we have to make them good, without frustration. Working gives us only some money and a social recognition, but if we are unhappy at work, it's not good either.

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
yea i jus recently quit my job cuz i hated my boss she was a racist and i couldn't stand it anymore so i quit but i didn't think it through so i don't have a job rite now 1st have a backup den quit. But if u really can't stand it u should quit like da rest of da ppl say u spend most of ur time working so u should enjoy it

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
Okay back from work.... and the pile of work they give me is just unbelievable!!!! I swear they all wait for me to do it ...... it just never end. I want to say that I've been doing a job for them.... and I know they know I'm good cause they gave me $1 raise just for working there for 3 months when they give usually raises after six months.... but all in all I don't think it's worth it.

I don't have the guts to quit.... I'm getting my sister to do for me. LOL :ph34r: :ph34r: Not very professional, but a girl gots to do what she gots to do.

lilxleesah

sarNie Egg
hahha you can be like my sister when she doesn't like her job she just stops going. I know its bad, but thats how she is "SPOILED" she doesn't like she just doesn't go back.The funny thing is my parents support her in it.

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
Yeah I admit I'm a little "spoiled" But I need to quit bc of school and the work they give me is soooooooo much... I work at least 30 hours and then since it's an office job... i would sometime take work to home and then I have 15 credit hours (all upper division classes). Right now I need to just focus on school. Beside this job has nothing to do with my related field.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Okay back from work.... and the pile of work they give me is just unbelievable!!!! I swear they all wait for me to do it ...... it just never end. I want to say that I've been doing a job for them.... and I know they know I'm good cause they gave me $1 raise just for working there for 3 months when they give usually raises after six months.... but all in all I don't think it's worth it.

I don't have the guts to quit.... I'm getting my sister to do for me. LOL :ph34r: :ph34r: Not very professional, but a girl gots to do what she gots to do.
LOLOL!!! I know what you mean! This is where being the knowledgeable / capable person becomes a bad thing... <_<

It's like all work are dumped on you and if you're not there, NOTHING gets done or there are always "complications" in completing the tasks. :angry:

As for the two weeks notice:

It's bad in the long run once you start looking for the "real" career and they look upon your work history and compares it to your competitions...it looks bad!

Ehhh...what are the odds of that happening right? LOL :unsure:

If possible, why dont you try to find one prior to quitting like Ning Ning has suggested?

But, like you said...girl got to do, what a girl got to do!

It's hard to work in an uncomfortable environment.

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Oh you shouldn't do that...just not showing up because it will come back to haunt you in the long run.

My manager at one of my job told me and my other co workers about that....well it's not me but this other girl she did a no call no show for many days....literally it went into her records...and my manager just told how that is really bad and it reflects you as a person...So it's a big NO NO!

Well I haven't found a job where I love yet...I only stay because I need money and it's a good experience but I feel so taken advantage off right now. And my group is messed up no training it's like self learning which sucks.

I don't know if I will survive after 6 months I probably quite.

natty

Chubs
unless you put your manager down as reference, they are not allowed by law to say what kind of worker you are when another job calls. they are only allowed to say how long you work there ect ect. they can not say that you are a bad or good worker.

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
^^^^ Okay that's comforting... I was getting worried there. But I did my research before actually quitting. Since I didn't sign any contracts saying that I have to give them a two notice, it means that all employers are allowed to fire employees at anytime without notice for no reasons at all (of course not based on race, age, etc). And vice versa employees can quit anytime they want. Yes I do regret that I don't have a recommendation from my managers, but I'm not going cry about it. I'm going to stress about academics and what I did in school rather my work experience. Thanks you guys for your supports.

It's all done though. I burnt my bridges.

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
I believe in a lot of state not sure All...but Employers have the rights to let employees go at anytime unless you are under Contract( which you can sue them if they don't follow the guidelines), my current Employer clearly states it in their guidelines. Although it must not be based on discrimation or prejudices such as disability, race, sexual orientation, religion, and you know the rest.

And a NO Show or NO Call is literally asking to be terminated in your job records...correct me if that's wrong but if you don't let them know that you quite they will just put terminated. That's what I was told...

Your employer have the rights to refuse to give you a positive reference when asked upon by another potential employer of yours(now how would this look to the new employee)...at the same time they can not defame you as a bad employee since they can risk lawsuit like Natty stated.

You have the right to quit at anytime too, but whether you quit professionally or unprofessionally makes a huge difference.

Sorry I'm bored LOLZ!

You should plan your exit carefully as how you were looking for that job or any job in the first place. It's really true when I say the way you quit a job could come back to haunt you in the long run...this goes for anyone who never give that two weeks notice. You should avoid making enemies in the process of quiting and avoid ill feelings with the boss or co-workers all together. Because you know there's that saying you never know who you'll meet in the long run...you could end up meeting that person again for another job. And if they don't hire you...you have no proofs what so eva that they did so based solely on old circumstances.

Another thing don't use Company PC to look for outside job because it can lead to termination. OKay!

Hope I gave some girls in here good advice...always exit professionally!

If I scared you I'm sorry just trying to help

azn_chick83

sarNie Hatchling
Oh man I know what it means to have a job that you do not like, but at the same time you need the money so you gotta force yourself to stay. It's life. It sucks! LOL.

I just started a new job answering phone calls about parking tickets...man some people can be a b@^$^. Like this lady called and said she couldn't find a box to put in the money so she didn't pay at all (she went to four differnt boxes) and calls to complain about why she got a ticket and why she had to pay for it when she couldn't find a box to put it in. I mean FOUR. One of them had to be right. LOL. Oh man...ok gonna stop complaining now. Haha...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
hahha you can be like my sister when she doesn't like her job she just stops going. I know its bad, but thats how she is "SPOILED" she doesn't like she just doesn't go back.The funny thing is my parents support her in it.
ahhahah funny brat! lol this is what u do while im gone?

but lol yeah don't do what I do .. I tend to just not show up if I don't like the job anymore, but i tend to do it on the first day lol I doubt it will follow me around unless I list it because my friend and I quit the same jobs the same way when we apply for new ones we just don't list that as a job experience and we're fine, but thats because we apply for less serious jobs, but in the long run it will hurt you.. if your planning to work for a bigger firm and etc...