I need help to find this movie

Cmnmyo

sarNie Egg
Okay, ive been wanting to rewatch this thai movie that was made during the late 80's or early 90's i am not sure but the hmong dubbed version came out during the early 90's. I cannot recall the title of the movie but i remember nang ek's name was "kua vab". Not sure if it should go under boran or just Thai, however, the setting of this film seems like it was during ww1/2. Anyway, this is how the plot goes.

There is a young soldier/officer who was sent from the city with a few of his fellow officers to a village. The first night there, there was a ceremony going on. That night, a beautiful lady was trying to run away from a guy who really likes her but se does not like. As she was running, she bumped into the soldier. He instantly fell in love with her. Soon they both fell in love and got married. However, he does not tell her that there is a girl back at home whom his mom wishes for him to marry. A few nights after she gave birth, he had to leave back to the city but promised to come back and live with her and their son. When he got home, he refused tO marry the other girl and said that he was already married. Furious about his news, the "fiance" left to the village nd fought the wife and her sister. Fiancé lied that they were already married and that he won't come back for her. After fiancé left, the wife went into her room, pulled out a small knife, and slit her throat right when her husband came in.

I forgot to mention, nang ek nd her sister are orphans and live with an old couple who they refer to as grandparents. Nangek's sister is very funny. Nangek is very pretty and a lot of guys like her. In the film, she wears Thai clothes but they aren't fancy. I hope this is enough details for you guys to help me, i can't remember much. Thanks a whole bunch!!!!!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
*sniffsniff*

you're talking about the lakorn "Sao Krua Fah" which stars Nott & Kwang.. it's one of my all time favorites but i cant find it! arggghhh!