Hugo Levy Doesn't Want His Sons to Enter the Entertainment Industry Yet

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Translated interview from Sanook: http://news.sanook.com/1846106/
Hugo Levy Doesn't Want His Sons to Enter the Entertainment Industry Yet

We have seen Hugo's two sons, Harper and Hunter, shine through their handsomeness ever since they were young. On top of that, many fans have been liking their photos on Instagram day by day. This raised speculations on whether or not their parents, Hugo Chulachak Chakrabongse and Hana Tassanawalai, will push them into the entertainment industry like other celebrity families. Recently, Hugo attended a press conference to announce the concert for Bangkok September Fest/ Drink/ Dance/ Delicious. He had the opportunity to answer questions about his sons' future involvement with the entertainment industry and give us an update about his music contract with a prominent music label from the United States.

Your two sons are beginning to get older. Is there a chance that they'll be working in the entertainment industry? 
Um, they're still quite young. I want them to be kids. They don't have to work because they have their parents to look after him.

Has anyone ever contacted them for work before? 
Yes, there have been people but I rejected.

How old do you think they should be before they decide to accept work from the entertainment industry?
It's difficult to say because I'm not familiar with being a child star or how it is to start working in the entertainment industry at a young age. Apart from money, I don't see the benefits from it. I'm not saying that it's not good, but I don't quite know how they will benefit from it. I want them to have the opportunity to explore themselves. I want them to truthfully know what they want to be before they decide to work. Okay, some kids are able to do it well and be quite adorable at that. I think my kids are able to do the same. However, they might want to be/do other things as well. If I allow them to enter the industry now, the chances they have to discover other things will grow smaller.

Right now, do they have any specific talents? Or do they like music like their father? 
When it comes to music, they like it. They are kids. They will like anything that is challenging to them.

What if they grow up to like music just like their father? Would you support them?
I have to support them krap. If my children want to become musicians but I tell them to become lawyers, they will consider me unreasonable and unfair. 

Let's give us a little update about your music. Right now we see that your contract has ended?
That is correct. However, I still have the passion to produce music, do concerts, and tour. I look at it as a good thing because I get to have more time to spend at home with my children. 

Is the reason for not continuing your contract  due to the fact that you decided to end the contract yourself? 
That is correct. I felt that the direction they were taking had changed. Also, the type of music I make isn't mainstream. Therefore, it's better for me to end it today so that we are able to smile at each other in the future.

After your contract ended, have other companies been contacting you?
There are some who are continuously contacting me. I'm currently planning a Thai album for the fans next year.

Wow, I give him a lot of respect for letting his children be kids. That's good parenting. His kids are just adorable.  And, I never knew he was signed to Jay- Z's Roc Nation. My favorite rapper is signed under the same label. I do understand the mainstream part, which makes me respect him even more because Jay is all about milking money from his artists. He doesn't put out or support his artists making quality music. He's a businessman. If it's not going to sell, it's not good enough. I salute Hugo for leaving. He was probably under-promoted due to his visions and style of music. But props to him for getting recognized and signed by Jay. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M78sr2rMql8

byebye

sarNie OldFart
His kids are just too adorable. And it's good of him to let his kids be a kid. They need to grow into who they are not what their parents want them to be.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Yeah, his kids are so adorable! The older one looks more like Hana though. Did Hugo write the lyrics to "99 problems" and Jay-Z remixed it?

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
Koy123 said:
Yeah, his kids are so adorable! The older one looks more like Hana though. Did Hugo write the lyrics to "99 problems" and Jay-Z remixed it?

I was curious myself so I looked it up. I don't think so because Jay-Z's version was released in 2004. I think he just did a cover version in 2011? More info here

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
"99 Problems" is Jay-Z's song. Hugo just did a cover and put his own unique spin on it. Jay-Z is a rapper so he writes his own lyrics. 

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Koy123 said:

aymieluvsyu637 said:

I was curious myself so I looked it up. I don't think so because Jay-Z's version was released in 2004. I think he just did a cover version in 2011? More info here
All righty. So I've never fully heard Hugo's version but I grew up with Jay-Z's version. Lol. So Hugo did a cover of the song. He only used the song's hook, "I got 99 problems but a b*tch ain't one". Besides that, he remixed everything else and wrote his own lyrics.  

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ He's not adopted, he's their actual/real child.  He looks just like Harper when he was young.

Seriously, I love Hugo & his family.  I love this interview of his about his decisions for his kids.  It's great that he's not pushing them into the spotlight.  :)

And yup, he used to be with RocNation.  I kind of figured his contract was over or canceled, since I haven't seen his name listed under them for over a year or two already.  It's a pity, but it's all good too.  Love his music!  I'm glad he'll be having a Thai album. <3 <3 <3